A Second Chance (COMPLETED)

By Rhitchco

The story of a young couple faced with heartache, pain and deception conquered by endless love and devotion. ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120

Chapter 7

144 9 6
By Rhitchco

Dena and Emily woke to the smell of fresh coffee, bacon and pancakes. Yes, it wasn't a dream, Tim was home. Despite not being a morning person, he would get up early to make breakfast for them every time he was home, oh how they missed this. They finished getting ready for their trip then made their way to the kitchen just as he was finishing up.

Dena walked over to Tim, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek "Thank you so much Tim. I've missed this" she told him as she poured a cup of coffee. A slight pang of guilt ran through him, he missed this and them just as much.

Emily came running in "BACON" she exclaimed as she ran past him and grabbed a piece. Tim laughed "Well, good morning to you too" he said as he tapped her hand before she stole another piece. She giggled and hugged him tightly. Oh how she loved her big brother.

"I checked the fluids, tires and gassed up the van for you and packed a basket of sandwiches and drinks for your trip. Also a thermos of coffee for you Momma. I know you want to get there as soon as you can but, please, take breaks along the way. I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to the two of you" he told them.

"I'm going to help drive" Emily said as her mother mimicked biting her nails in fear.

"Oh dear lord, now I am worried" he teased.

"Hey, I'm a good driver, except for that one time I backed into the garage, but other than that I've done really well, haven't I momma" Emily said defensively.

Dena whispered to Tim "pray for me" with a slight giggle. "You're not making me feel better about this ya know" he whispered back.

Emily overheard what they had said and looked at them, frowning. "Squirt, we're teasing you. I know you'll be careful" he assured her.

After breakfast, he helped take their personal belongings and the food basket out to the van. "Keep your phones charged and with you when you're not in the van" he advised them. "If anything happens you call me."

"When are you heading to see Chance" Dena asked. "I need to contact him to see if it's ok, I hadn't asked him before the break, just something I've been kicking around since we left" he told her. Dena looked at him, concerned "Is everything alright?" she asked. He wanted to tell her, to ask for her to help him, but he couldn't. He made a promise and he would keep it, again. "Yeah, the next leg of the tour will be intense, we all just needed a bit to rejuvenate" he told her. As she looked into his eyes, something told her their was more, but she would not push, for now. They said their goodbyes and he watched as they drove away.

Tim returned inside to clean the kitchen. As he stood in front of the sink, his mind wondered...

Caroline walked up behind Tim while he was making coffee. She slipped her arms around him, placing her head on his back. He turned to face her, placing his arms around her, looking into her hazel eyes "Good morning my love" he whispered as he gave her a soft kiss on her lips.

"About last night, I'm so ... " she began as Tim placed a finger against her lips "shh, holding you as you fell asleep, feeling you relax in my arms, that was all I needed" he whispered to her.

She could feel the love he had for her just by looking into his dark eyes. She wanted him to know that she loved him just as much, if not more. She wanted to give herself, all of herself to him. Why was she so damned afraid, why did she feel she wouldn't be good enough, wouldn't be enough for him.

"I would have made you breakfast but seeing as we only have coffee and water, I just couldn't whip anything up. We really need to go food shopping" he laughed, bringing her out of her thoughts.

"Well, let's get dressed and head to the market. Classes start tomorrow and we're going to need study food in this house" she chuckled.

Tim smiled as he felt a tear roll down his cheek.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136 2 15
The heartache is a tragic romance about a girl who makes a huge mistake in falling for the wrong boy and how she recovered from the emotional destruc...
93.2K 9.8K 66
The second book in the 'Unconditionally' series. They say we get over childhood crushes as we grow up. But what if the childhood crush develops into...
12.7K 605 51
His marriage was falling apart. He did everything he could to fix it. She was a family girl who just wanted to protect her sister. After beating her...