99 skinny (rewritten) // adop...

By mrcalibu

In which a young girl finds the love and support she never had in a group of young boys. warning: involves se... More

warnings + info
one // 124.8 lbs
two // 124.3 lbs
three // 123 lbs
four // 122.6 lbs
five // 122.3 lbs
six // 122 lbs
seven // 124 lbs
eight // 123 lbs
nine // 119.5 lbs
ten // 119 lbs
eleven // 118 lbs
twelve // 114.5 lbs
thirteen // 112.3 lbs
fourteen // 111.4 lbs
fifteen // 112.3 lbs
sixteen // 114 lbs
seventeen // 115.3 lbs
eighteen // 117.2 lbs
nineteen // 118.4 lbs
twenty // 118 lbs
twenty one // 119 lbs
twenty two // 118.2 lbs
twenty three // 117.4 lbs
twenty four // 115.2 lbs
twenty five // 116 lbs
twenty six // 117.3 lbs
twenty seven // 116 lbs
twenty eight // 114 lbs
twenty nine // 113 lbs
thirty // 110 lbs
thirty one // 111.3 lbs
thirty two // 112.4 lbs
thirty three // 113 lbs
thirty four // 114.2 lbs
thirty five // 115.3 lbs
dont even know what to call this
my decision :)
rip ❤️
HELP A GIRL OUT

99 Skinny

8K 190 98
By mrcalibu

"I'm bored."

Danielle, Malina, Michael, Calum, Luke and Daisy were all gathered in the living room, sitting around and doing absolutely nothing. Danielle turned towards the voice, finding Malina and Michael snuggled up close. Michael had thrown his head back, letting out a dramatic sigh to furthermore express his boredom.

"Let's watch a movie," Danielle turned the TV on and flipped through the movie channels. "Ooh, Finding Nemo!"

"I don't want to watch finding Nemo," Michael stubbornly groaned.

"Too bad," she teased, sticking her tongue out at him. "I'm hungry and Ashton said dinner would be on him tonight. Could someone go get him?"

"I will. Where is he?" Daisy quickly volunteered, sitting up in her seat.

Luke, who had been comfortable sat beside her, directed a sideways glance in her direction at the sudden movement.

I could use the extra exercise, she figured.

"Thank you!" Danielle cooed. "He's upstairs."

Daisy nodded and stood up, making her way across the living room of their beach house, and up the stairs. Her legs shook and she was so sure she'd collapse at any second, but she forced herself to keep going. Once at the top of the room, Daisy halted, her eyes glancing towards the long, landscape window. The window provided Daisy with a perfect view of the beach they were staying at for vacation, the setting sun painting the sky in hues of pink and orange. For a moment, Daisy felt at peace, until hushed voices from the room only feet away brought her back to reality. Daisy took gentle steps towards the door, before stopping at the doorway. A part of her was curious as to what was so secretive.

"Bryana. . . I want to adopt another kid."

Daisy's heart skipped a beat, eyes widening ever so slightly. She stood frozen in her spot, like a deer caught in the headlights of a car.

"Ash... What about Daisy?" Bryana bit her lip, running a hand through her golden colored hair.

Daisy couldn't bear to listen anymore and took a step a back. The floor obnoxiously creaked under her weight, the terrible sound echoing around the empty hallway. Bryana and Ashton turned and finally noticed her, both holding unreadable expressions.

It seemed as if the whole world went eerily silent.

"W-What?" Daisy choked out, cautiously taking another step back.

She suddenly turned and bolted; running down the stairs as quickly as possible before she could be stopped. Once at the backdoor downstairs, Daisy fumbled with the sliding door, her falling tears making it hard to see. Finally, she had unlocked the back door and slid out without anyone else noticing.

***

Daisy huffed, angrily kicking the sand and watching as the small grains were sent flying feet ahead. In one swift movement, she bent down and snatched up a perfectly shaped shell.

"If Ashton wants another kid so bad why doesn't he just get rid of me?" Daisy huffed, roughly tracing her thumb over the jagged surface of the seashell. The pad of her thumb had turned a sickly white from the amount of pressure she had applied on the poor thing.

"If he wants another kid so bad, why doesn't he adopt Ruby?"

Ruby.

Daisy groaned, and shot her arm forward, watching the shell plummet into the rolling sea in front of her with a small plop!

"He would turn into mom and dad," Daisy bent down, snatching up three more shells all in various sizes and colors. "He'd love Ruby more than me. He'd leave me."

Daisy threw every shell into the ocean, one at a time. "Everyone always prefer someone else over me."

Finally, her anger had seemed to subdue, and she found herself beginning to cry.

"I always cry," Daisy grabbed one last shell. "I always fücking cry. I'm pathetic."

She had brought her arm back, ready to launch the shell into the waves. Suddenly, something firm yet gentle wrapped around her wrist. The girl jumped, letting out a squeak in surprise.

Ashton stood behind her, his strong arm extended to hold her own. "What are you doing?"

"Let me go," Daisy retaliated. "Don't you have someone else to worry about?"

Hurt flashed across Ashton's expression, and the girl immediately felt guilty.

"Daisy..."

"No, just stop," Daisy pulled herself free, before launching the shell into the rolling waves. "You can be honest with me now."

"What are you talking about?"

"You don't think I notice? Ashton I'm not dumb; I know I drag everyone down..."

"B-Besides, I'm used to being replaced. It's okay– I understand..."

"Who said anything about replacing you?"

"Getting engaged, wanting another kid..." Tears filled Daisy's eyes, which held a sad, distant look as she gazed up at the older boy.

"My parents... They loved me a lot. Until Ruby came around," Daisy's voice cracked. "They always loved Ruby more; so I did everything to be better."

"I studied for good grades until I literally fell asleep; I lost weight to become the perfect girl my mom dreamed of me being; I forced myself to be happy when I wasn't. I did everything. W-Why wasn't I good enough?"

Daisy looked down in shame, a choked sob slipping past her parted lips. Ashton's heart broke, and he gingerly reached forward, swiping the rapidly falling tears away from her cheeks.

"I just... I don't want that to happen again," Daisy whispered, before letting out heartbreaking cries.

Ashton reached forward, pulling the girl into a secure hug. Daisy had finally broken; finally emptied all her sadness and worries into Ashton's hands. Luckily, Ashton's hands were big enough to hold them, yet gentle enough to put her broken pieces back together.

"I'd never replace you," Ashton cooed, despite the growing lump in his throat. "Daisy, you have my heart; I could never care about anyone else in the same way I care about you."

"I'm sorry," she hiccuped, Ashton tighter. "I'm so sorry."

"Sh," Ashton whispered, rubbing her back as she sobbed in his arms. "Don't apologize. It's okay."

Daisy's small hand clutched his shirt, her face pressing into his chest. "Don't leave me."

"Never. I'll never leave you," Ashton smiled ever so slightly.

After the girl had calmed down, she pulled away, shyly gazing up into the face of the father figure she had needed all this time.

"I... I love you," Daisy smiled, despite the final tear rolling down her flushed face.

"I love you more," Ashton gently wiped the tear.

"Let's head back; I'm hungry," Ashton concluded.

Daisy nodded, and gratefully took his hand which he had offered. The two walked back down the beach together, headed for the house.

As Daisy glanced to her side, admiring the way her Dad's happy face glowed under the sunset, she realized this was a time for new beginnings.

Things weren't exactly better, but as long as she had her family, they'd get there.

And she found comfort in that.

***

~ 5 MONTHS LATER ~

Daisy found herself staring into the mirror intensely, hazel eyes watching as Danielle's thin fingers clasped the little silver necklace around her neck.

"You look amazing," Danielle said dreamily, warm fingers brushing Daisy's neck as she clasped the necklace.

Daisy, who had been admiring the older's thin, pretty hands, blinked her way back into reality. "O-Oh... Thank you, Dani."

"Of course," Dani softly smiled, letting out a satisfied hum as the necklace clasped together, draping around Daisy's neck perfectly.

"You really do look great." The two girls turned, finding Malina standing behind them, fixing her hair one last time.

"You both do," Malina nodded, eyes flitting back and fourth between the two girls.

"Thank you," Daisy and Danielle cursed, smiles etched on their faces.

"I can't wait to see Bryana," Malina giggled. "She's going to look stunning."

Danielle nodded in agreement. "I know; I'm so excited."

Daisy had found herself distracted again, eyes trailing all over Malina's body. She looked so thin and petite in the light blue bridesmaids dress; why was she so pretty? Daisy was ultimately jealous, and she even found herself trailing her finger across her opposite arm, squeezing at the minimal amount of fat in the area.

Three months into her recovery stage and the poor girl still struggled; everyday was a struggle for Daisy. She thought recovery would be easier than this.

"Daisy?" Dani touched her arm, giving her a small squeeze. "You look upset. What's wrong?"

"Hm?" Daisy looked up through thick eyelashes, darkened with mascara.

"S-Sorry... Spaced out," Daisy had been saying this a lot lately.

"It's okay," Danielle wrapped a firm yet gentle arm around the youngest's shoulders, pressing the small girl into her side.

Malina let out a squeaky laugh, hopping over to Daisy's other side and joining the girls in a hug for three.

"Let's have fun tonight," Danielle squeezed the two girls tight. "Okay?"

Daisy and Malina smiled from ear to ear, giving small nods. Okay."

***

The celebration meal following the ceremony was hard. The calculator etched into Daisy's brain hadn't stopped counting the calories of everything on her plate and adding it to the meals she had eaten prior to tonight. She had almost bursted into tears multiple times that night, watching everyone around her so happy while she felt as if she was drowning.

She was slowly drowning, and someone had yet to throw a lifesaver to her. Perhaps everyone was up on the safe boat, and just too far away from her to know. But why didn't anyone notice her absence on this imaginary boat? Why didn't anyone hear her small, weak pleas for help?

Daisy finally set her fork down, the metal clambering against the stainless china.

She had been staring down at the table in silence for so long, that when she suddenly looked back up, everyone was gone. Her eyes darted up towards the dance floor, and she found herself softening at the sight.

Luke and Malina were holding a makeshift limbo stick, cheering loudly as Michael and Calum took turns stretching under it. Danielle stood beside them, almost completely collapsing from how hard she was laughing at the sight. Nearby, Ashton and Bryana were dancing with Ashton's younger siblings.

Bryana looked gorgeous in her wedding dress, and even better standing beside her partner in crime. Ashton and Bryana had finally gotten married, tonight being the night.

Daisy felt herself smile, playfully rolling her eyes as Michael clumsily lost his balance and went flailing to the floor. Averting her eyes to the plate of cold food in front of her, she snatched her untouched plastic cup of red punch up, and brought it to her cherry-colored lips. Daisy froze; could she really afford to consume more calories?

"Hey."

Daisy's stiffened body never moved an inch, her gaze still held on the plastic cup in her pale, fragile hands.

"Why are you sitting over here?" You should go have fun with everyone else..."

When the younger girl didn't reply, he continued. "It's okay; you can drink it. It only has–"

"130 calories." Daisy and Luke chorused.

"That's not–"

"That bad," Daisy finished Luke's sentence; this conversation had  become routine.

"130 calories from a drink plus all the hundreds of calories I'll ingest from each meal I've had today isn't good. Do you know how bad it is when drinks have high calories? It's like a whole meal is bottled up as a liquid and –"

"I get it," Luke interrupted her sporadic thoughts and jumbled sentences. This part of the conversation had become routine as well.

"Sorry..." Daisy let a sigh escape her parted lips, slowly setting the cup back down.

A silence fell between them. "Come have fun with me."

"I'm tired, Luke," Daisy let out a heavy sigh.

"Oh come on! If you don't dance with me, you won't get your surpiseeee," Luke teased, wiggling his eyebrows.

"What?"

"I won't tell you what your surprise is unless you go with me," Luke stood up, holding his hand towards her. "You know you want to..."

"Whatever," Daisy playfully scoffed, but took his outstretched hand and stood up beside him.

Luke cheered, excitedly pulling her to the dance floor where everyone else was waiting.

"Finally! I've been wondering where you were!" Bryana cried, squeezing Daisy's arm.

Dani cheered, throwing her arms up as she danced from side to side. Daisy offered them a small smile, and rocked from side to side along with the beat. Her eyes had softened upon noticing how lovingly Ashton and Bryana stared up at each other as the group danced together.

"Oh shoot!" Bryana had suddenly cried. "What time is it?"

Ashton pulled his phone out from his pocket, turning the device to Bryana's direction.

"Oh my God! Daisy, your surprise will be here at any second now!" Bryana squealed.

"Wait what–"

Suddenly, the doors to the celebration hall opened, and it seemed like the crowd had automatically parted, forming a gap between us and the door.

"What's happening?" Daisy leaned closer to Luke, looking up at him in confusion.

"Dad, what's happening?" Daisy turned to Ashton when she received no answer from Luke.

Ashton gentle pushed Daisy towards the door, giving her a big smile.

"Guys?" Daisy had started to turn back around, until she caught sight of the girl standing just feet away from her.

"Oh my God–" Daisy gasped, cupping her hand over her O shaped mouth.

"Daisy!" the girl suddenly cried.

This can't be real, Daisy thought.

"Ruby!"

Daisy darted across the floor, throwing herself into the arms of her younger sister. The two girls had started crying, clutching onto each other as if the other would slip away if they didn't hold on tight enough.

"Ruby, oh my god. You're here!" Daisy sobbed into the younger girl's neck.

"I'm sure you missed Ruby a lot," Ashton had walked over to join the two girls, standing beside them with a fond smile.

"I... I have. A lot," Daisy nodded, wiping her tears as she took in her sister's appearance.

It had been years since the pair had last been together– and it felt damn good to be reunited. Ruby had grown to be such a pretty young girl, still keeping her pretty red hair and shimmering green eyes. Ruby's skin was smooth and baby soft, and her body perfect. Daisy could hug her for the rest of her life.

"Good thing I adopted her then," Ashton smirked.

"What– Oh my God!" Daisy squealed, throwing her arms around her sister again.

After a few seconds, Daisy had pulled away, turning to face Ashton.

"Wait, are you serious?"

"Yes!"

Daisy squealed again, throwing herself into Ashton's endeavor. "I love you! Thank you so much."

"No problem," Ashton whispered, smiling as Daisy had pulled away and went back to admiring her sister.

Ashton had gone through a lot to stay strong for Daisy, and he had gone through even more to make everything they had today possible. But in the end, seeing Daisy this happy, made everything worth it.

While for Daisy;

All of the sudden, like a weight was lifted from her shoulders, the empty feeling that had embedded itself into her soul – had become a part of her– was gone. Or, well, almost gone because healing takes time. And that's okay.

Everything was okay.

And now she felt complete, standing there hugging the people who she loved the most, and loved her back equally. The people who had stayed with her through thick and thin. Who made everything worth it; made life worth it.

She had finally come to the realization that it would be okay. This storm would pass, she would heal, and a better day would start. Ashton, Luke, Calum, and Michael; they had made this dawning possible.

And Daisy couldn't thank the boys enough.

THE END~

***

i wanted to wait longer so i could have the chance to edit, but i just couldn't wait !!

please love and enjoy this new ending, i worked hard on it.

i love all of you, from the bottom of my heart; thank you.

i'll miss you all dearly, but change can be good sometimes. i hope you all won't be too upset that this book is coming to an end.

thank you for the good days and even better memories !! i wish i could write for you always..

stay positive. ily <3

goodbye~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 314 36
Not knowing what it's like to have a family, thirteen year old Rachel gets adopted by 5sos and is thrown in at the deep end. Fans don't accept the...
965K 26.2K 65
Madison Greene, a soon to be 14 year old girl gets adopted by a band she didn't even know existed. They don't exactly get off on the right foot. 5 Se...
326K 5.6K 35
She'd dealt with it before- everyday in fact. The words were thrown around as much as the beer bottles. But no one could know. She told people she...
129K 4K 39
In which an ordinary girl, finds her voice in an extraordinary way.