The Gray Brothers: The Beginn...

Por angel48183

Every story has a beginning before it has an ending. Growing up kitty-corner from three hot brothers, Patty n... Más

The Grays
Nathaniel Gray aka Nate
Jonas Gray
Cayson Gray
Life is crazy then there's Lucille
Car problems
Late night chats
Life is full of lemons
Conspiracy theories
To homecoming or not to homecoming, that is the question
Apple orchard fun
Halloween, trick or treating, and scary movies
Party issues
After party issues
First date
I had a good time
Lucille is at it again
Dating a Gray boy
'Tis the season
'Tis the season, part 2
Guess whose birthday it is?
Hot and heavy
Decisions
My Girl: A Valentine's Day Chapter
I swear Lucille is crazy
Myrtle Beach for Spring Break? Sure, why not?
And the countdown begins
Prom
Finals and Graduation: The End of One Era and the Start of Another
Wedding Daze
The wedding night
Welcome home, Mrs. Gray
Settling into married life
Time to take a break and have fun
Surprise?
Here comes Nashville, aka Nash
Damn, Son. Did You Forget Your Raincoat?
New neighbors
No more!
12 years later: We're Having Company
Here comes the Gray Brothers
Mrs. George and Maggie

Happy 18 birthday, Patty!

8.7K 347 102
Por angel48183

Patty

My family awoke me. "Happy Birthday!"

They realize I have school, right?

I groaned and threw a shoe at them.

"Yep, you're not a morning person," Danny said because of my lack of cheery disposition in the morning.

I glanced at the clock, which read five a.m. Is my family insane? I rolled back over until my alarm blared.

I closed my eyes as my alarm beeped. It sucks to go to school on your birthday. Why can't my birthday happen when I don't have school? Thanks, Mom and Dad, for having me in November.

I got up and got dressed, eating breakfast before school. Let's hope today doesn't suck.

*****

Today didn't suck like I thought it would. Liz walked home with me to celebrate my birthday, and mom invited a few people over for pizza and cake.

Lucille, Jonas, and Cayson came, along with my family and a few other people. I greeted them at the door. I checked to see if Nate came, but he didn't. Disappointment flooded me, but I hid it behind my smile.

Lucille handed me a bag as they wished me a happy birthday. Well, at least they came.

I talked to people during the evening, had pizza and cake, and opened gifts. It was a lovely birthday, considering my frustration.

I was in the kitchen, getting ready to refill my drink when someone stood behind me, and I turned to face Nate.

"Happy birthday, Patty."

My eyes widened. "Thanks."

He stepped closer to me as I pressed my back to the counter. Our faces were mere inches from each other. He placed each of his hands on the countertop, trapping me against it. He leaned into me. "Remember when I said I wanted to kiss you?"

"Yeah?" My breathing hitched.

"I said I wanted to wait until you were eighteen, and today you turned eighteen."

My eyes flicked from his eyes to his lips. I never realized how full his lips were until I was close and personal. My heart thumped in my chest as I gulped.

"Now, I'll kiss you."

My lips parted. Oh, God. He moved one hand to my hip and placed his other hand on my face. He traced my bottom lip with his thumb, sending shivers down my back.

I thought he would lean in and kiss me, but he pulled back, leaving me confused.

"Just kidding." He smirked.

What happened? When I realized what he had done, my face contorted in horror. I did what I did well. I let my anger get the best of me, grabbed some chocolate cake, and shoved it into his face, surprising him. The remnants of chocolate cake covered my hand.

"What was that for?"

"You shouldn't have teased me!"

He grabbed me.

I squirmed. "Let me go!"

"No!"

Oh, dear God. What was he doing?

He grabbed my face, crashed his lips into mine, and surprised me. I fought at first but gave in and kissed him back.

I moved my arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He flicked my lips with his tongue, wanting access. I parted my lips as he slipped his tongue past my lips. Our tongues swirled around each other as he deepened the kiss.

It was the best first kiss I ever had and everything I had hoped for. Nate made the kiss passionate and exhilarating. At that moment, my feelings for Nate became deeper than a childhood crush.

He pulled back as we stood there, catching our breaths. He said nothing, leaning in and kissing me again. This time he gave me a sweet kiss.

After playing tonsil hockey, even though I had mine removed at three, he released my lips. He didn't release me but kept a firm hold on me.

I stood in the kitchen, speechless.

"I guess this kiss changes our friendship, doesn't it?" He asked me in a deep voice.

"Do you want to change our friendship?" I asked wide-eyed, hoping he would say yes. Please say yes.

"You don't know how much I want it to change our friendship."

My lips curled upwards until I grinned. "Oh?"

"Yes." He smirked, then added, "But we'll take it slow."

"What do you mean?" My brows furrowed.

"Let's start with a date. Patty, I want to do this right with you. If I screw this up, my ma will kill me."

I giggled. Lucille would kill him if he messed this up.

I pulled away, confusing him, and turned to the kitchen sink. I grabbed a washcloth and wet it. I started cleaning off his face, including any other place with chocolate cake.

He smiled, as did I, while I cleaned him up. Then when I finished, he reached out and pulled me close to him.

"Didn't you want to go slow?" I asked him.

"I do, but I also enjoy being close to you." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Okay, Romeo. I have a party happening." I pulled away and walked back into the living room.

He caught my hand, sliding his into mine and interlacing our fingers. I smiled at how weird but wondrous this change felt.

We walked into the party, but I stopped.

"What?" He asked me.

"I came into the kitchen to get a drink, but your lips distracted me."

He chuckled as I poured a cup of pop. I stopped when I remembered what I said to him and winced.

"Patty?"

I turned to him and gave him a look that caused him concern.

"What?"

"That night, I said horrible things to you, even though I don't remember them." I sighed.

He walked over to me. "Yes, you did, but you also said something that put the situation into perspective."

"What?"

"You wanted me to like you as much as you liked me." He reached up and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "I figured you were honest with your feelings when you said those things to me, and it was a defense mechanism for you. After what Brian had done, you didn't want someone to break your heart and try to push me away."

"That makes me feel terrible."

Nate and I had our disputes, but he has always been there for me.

"I know and plan on reminding you for the rest of your life about it." He smirked as he turned and walked away.

Jerk.

I rolled my eyes, picked up my cup, and followed him into the living room. I sat down, but he grabbed me and pulled me onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist and nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck.

"Nate, people will see us," I whispered.

"So, let them."

I smiled.

Even if everyone noticed, they said nothing, which made me glad. I didn't need people to make stupid jokes. This evening seemed like a dream, and tomorrow, I would wake up.

Soft lips pressed against the back of my neck. If tonight is a dream, I never want to wake up.

*****

Everyone left around ten.

Nate stayed to help me clean up. "So, about that date?"

I looked at him.

"I thought this Friday we could go to dinner and a movie? Do something traditional."

"Dinner and a movie sound good."

"Good."

"That kiss in the kitchen was my first kiss."

"I know."

I stopped. "You knew?"

"Yeah, Danny mentioned it, plus you had never dated."

"Oh."

"Every girl deserves a first kiss that curls her toes and blows her mind." He tossed empty cups into a garbage bag.

"Oh."

He stopped and looked at me. "Why? Didn't the kiss do that?"

"What? No! It did that. It did more than that."

A smile appeared on his lips. We finished up, and I walked him to the front door. As I opened it, my face contorted in shock and confusion.

Danny and Liz stood on my front steps, making out.

"Oh, my God." I gasped.

They stopped and gave me a cheeky grin. "Oh, hey, Patty," they greeted me.

I took a step down. "Don't, hey, Patty, me! What's going on here?"

"Well, since you hooked up with my friend, I thought I would return the favor." Danny smirked.

"Hooked up? We didn't hook up! We haven't even gone out on our first date!"

"You still kissed." He shrugged.

I stood there as Nate chuckled. This night had many surprises and was the most exciting birthday ever.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

120 9 9
Every story begins with a sad beginning and a happy ending, this story is a little different, instead of hiding the dark details they come to life in...
842 21 29
The story of a group of friends in their forties, navigating life, love, sexuality, and adulthood. Patty Ardmore loves her apartment, but it's too...
452 7 28
It's the beginning of senior year, new chances, new goals and first love. This is a story of an unexpected love and a complicated situation, as Emma...
38.9K 2.8K 38
Casey O'Neill is good with who he is. He doesn't need someone in his life to make it complete. Unfortunately, fate has other ideas in the form of a G...