Intent 2: Fight or Flight [Wa...

By ccalianese

This is the sequel to Intent. *** Even when everything is telling you it's over, is it really? Can Emma and H... More

A Little Teaser...
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 55

3.2K 114 33
By ccalianese

(A/N: Well would you look at that, a double update. I must really love you all.)

Emma

"Harry, you're really quiet. Is everything okay?"

When he got back from his "guys day" with Liam I couldn't help but notice his odd behavior. Something is on his mind and I don't quite know how to go about asking him what's going on... Well apart from the obvious of straight up asking him.

I'm guessing it's about Jess but it doesn't seem like he's ready to discuss it.

Harry said he'd bring it up when he was ready and I trust him.

But given the way he's stuck in his head right now I don't know if we will get to that point. He looks like a nervous wreck.

Yes we are laying on top of my bed and I'm in his arms but he isn't holding me quite as tightly as he normally would.

Yes we're watching Love Actually for the hundredth time but he isn't singing along with Bill Nye or niggling my side when the portuguese lady strips down to her underwear to retrieve Colin Firth's papers from the lake or reading the note cards as Andrew Lincoln Professes his love for Keira Knightley.

He's done none of it and it's one of his favorites. Harry can't watch this movie without doing all these things. It's one of those little quicks that I love about him.

Maybe I should have chosen The Notebook.

"Harry?"

I ask once again realizing he hasn't answered my question. To someone who doesn't know him they would just think he's watching the movie but I know he isn't.

He's stuck in his head and I don't like it one bit.

"Harold!" I call him with a slap on his chest.

It's funny really, he looks so bewildered by my assault he literally jumps out of his skin.

I can't help but let out a little chuckle.

"What? What is it?" Alarm lacing his tone.

"I asked you if everything was alright?"

He places a soft kiss on my forehead. "Everything's fine love."

No it isn't.

"You just seem very quiet, that's all." I could call him out, get straight to the point and ask him about Jessica but I know I can't do that.

Harry's a gentle soul and although I know he'd throw a punch if need be, aggression or this kind of force isn't his first inclination.

Well not the way it would come off if I did it.

"Not quiet, just watching the movie."

No you're not.

"You sure, because you don't seem like yourself." I comment, taking the gentler approach. "You normally love watching this movie but tonight you're just... meh."

He smiles down at me. "You have a lovely way with words babe." And with one final kiss he turns his attention back to the movie.

Hmmm, something is still off.

I reach over his broad body and take the remote from the bedside table, pausing the film.

"Hey, I was watching that" he whines, but I need to know what's going on.

"No you weren't." I sit up next to him, concerned. "You're all in your head tonight and I'd like to know what's going on."

Again he smiles, my heart bubbling inside my chest at the sight.

It can't be that bad if he's smiling right?

"Love it's nothing, I promise."

"Why do I get the feeling it's not nothing?"

My skin warms under his touch as he caresses my cheek and I can't help but smile back at him not matter how concerned I am for him.

"Because it isn't just nothing, but it's good. I promise it's good."

He leans over and gives me a kiss before pulling me back into his chest, his arms tightly wrapped around me. I place my hand on his chest feeling his necklaces just under the fabric of his shirt.

But I can't deny the sinking feeling in my heart. He's thinking of her and I don't want him to go through it alone. Harry as been a constant in my life, always there for me when I needed him and yet I can't do the same for him. Well at least he's not letting me.

"Harry are you sure? You're not thinking about–"

He cuts me off before I can even get her name out but it's not harsh, not at all. Instead he sounds very content with himself. "No Em I'm not. I'm actually thinking about you. You're almost all I think about."

I nibble at my bottom lip trying to suppress the cheshire cat grin that threatens to escape.

I'm not this girl. I'm not the girl who turns to goo with a few words from my man.

Turns out I am.

Suddenly I feel him pull at my sleeve for me to look up at him. "You know this is the time you say 'Yes Harry, you're all I think about. Can't get you out of my head. Thoughts of you drive me mad,' that sort of thing," he pouts and it's adorable.

I giggle at his words as I bury my head in his chest.

God he's warm.

With the silence that falls between us, Harry puts the movie back on and I take this time of peace to trace the top parts of his sparrow tattoos, a pace time that always calms me down and clears my mind.

I pull away the fabric of his top further exposing them more.

Isn't he so lovely.

His necklaces are resting against his skin so perfectly, the contrast between metal and skin oddly arousing.

If that wasn't enough what adorns his chest catches my eye. He has my necklace and my ring right there, around his neck and close to his heart. I almost forgot.

Well I think it's high time I have them back.

He must know I want them back. This ring and this necklace mean so much to the both of us. Even though they were a part of our relationship before all the horribleness that ensued on his birthday they are still us... Emma and Harry in a few bots of twisted metal.

It means so much.

"Harry?"

"Yes love?"

I fiddle with the small trinkets between my fingers smiling with the fact that e's had them all this time, even after I left them so venomous all those weeks ago.

"When can I be having these back?"

I'm so surprised when his whole body goes tense underneath mine.

What the hell was that?

He doesn't answer me, only shifts his weight and pretends to watch the movie as if he hadn't heard.

Well I know he did.

Whats wrong? Does he not want me to have them?

Is there a possibility that he's not as committed as I thought?

Well that's just ridiculous. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for his insistence. He's the one who showed up on the airplane. He's the one who pushed me to open up. He's the one who taught me how to love and showed me that falling in love was actually an option.

He's the one that showed me the world is a much brighter place than I thought while growing up.

And yet now he doesn't want to give me back two things that signify our relationship? Could he possibly be doubting us?

Fuck it's hard not to run out the door right now.

"Harry, please tell me whats going on because right now I'm..." and I really about to tell him I'm freaking the fuck out about all of this? Am I really that fickle?

"You're what?" He gives me a weary eye.

"Well do you not want me to have them?"

Thankfully at this he pulls back rather alarmed and takes my hand. "Of course I do."

Instantly I smile at his admission and sit up. I know it's silly to be getting excited over a little ring and an old necklace but I they mark what we've been through, where we came from and where we might go.

Harry and I have a future and as silly as it sounds getting these back is the beginning of it.

"Okay. Then hand them over?"

Again his eyes bug out in fear as he sits up himself and covers his chest with the collar of his shirt. Well that doesn't seem like him at all. Harrys one for pulling close off, even when we aren't in the middle of our sexy time Harry wants to be taking clothes off not pulling them on.

"No, not yet."

"Harry what on earth is going on with you?"

A shakes his head like a young school boy in trouble. "Nothing, just– just can't have them back yet."

"Harry..."

"Please don't push it babe" he pleads with me. "I have a plan I just... want it to be perfect."

The light bulb goes off in my head.

Well sort of. Whenever Harry has a plan he goes all out. He must know I don't need any of the frill and fluff of a regular mushy gushy relationship.

It's not me, not us.

But this is Harry and he likes all that convention, well at least a bit of it and as I love him I'll let him do it but not if it's going to cause nerves like this.

"Harry?" I start pressing my hand on his chest as I hoist my leg over his waist to straddle him. "You know you don't have to get me anything. I don't want, at the very less need, anything else from you. At the end of the day you're all I want... well that and my ring and necklace."

I release a little giggle thinking I was rather funny but he just looks at me not knowing what to say.

"Please?" I pout.

He takes a deep breath and rubs his hands over my thighs.

"I wanted to give you a real surprise. Something special."

Seriously how did I deserve someone so bloody sweet?

"Harry every moment I lay with you in this bed is special. I love you and that's really all I care about. Keep them if you want as long as I get to keep you."

His teeth beem brightly at me, a grin that could bring about world peace not to mention have my heart beat a little heavier in my chest.

Harry pushes his hair back, a habit that I have come to love since knowing him. The way his ring clad fingers skillfully mes into his hair it... well it makes me feel things down below that I really shouldn't seeing such a mundane action but I can't help it.

Afterall nearly everything he does turns me on.

"Okay, if you promise to let me do what I want without argument you can have them back right now," he barters with me, a sly smirk pulling at his lips.

Really what is he planning?

I go to ask him but his lips contect with mine before I can utter a complaint. "Don't you dare. Promise and you can have them."

Giving it a little thought I smile and nod. This ignites Harry to tuck his hands back behind his neck to undo his thin chain.

Without a word he slips off the ring and pushes it onto my right hand ring finger where it belongs. Next he takes the necklace and gingerly wraps it around my neck paying close attention to not get my hair caught.

He kisses me sweetly, leaning in and smiling against my lips. This is what it's meant to feel like... perfect although it isn't.

That's why we work because even amongst our imperfections we somehow perfectly fit together. All in all we are happy with our lot in life. We have each other and although things are constantly trying to pull us down we won't let them.

I know they won't.

Harry and I are stronger together than apart and I don't see us being separated anytime soon, if ever. And that is the most reassuring thing of all.

___

A/N: Happy double update. Thought these two should be published together.

Since this is a smaller chapter I thought I'd a few (lol we all know imma put a little more than a few on here hehe) pictures of Harry from last night. And yes he is the only human who could pull of this suit.

He's so happy I love it.

The tongue made another appearance to all our delight.

And so did water flinging Harry.

And let's not forget his lovely sheer top. Love the view there Harold.

We are all Ryan in this picture taking a nice close look at our boy.

His KIWI pose... definitely the best of the lot.

See told you there would be more than a few but I'm going to stop myself there.

Vote + Comment

All the love, C.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

880K 24.3K 104
How can I, Emma Parker, possibly fall into the arms of my best friend, Harry Styles, if I can't even tell him the most crucial and defining parts of...
15.3K 342 44
*COMPLETED* *UNDER MAJOR EDITING* *EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION* Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ma6Obs8Cqo I didn't think that som...
39.1K 1.3K 52
"Then teach me Isabella! Show me what love is!" "I can't Harry. How can I help you if you won't open up to me? It's too hard!" "Please... just...
327K 7.9K 36
The Boy Next Door {COMPLETED} Harry Styles was all Melanie Harte ever wanted. They have been best friends since forever and the most cliche thing fo...