Chapter 55

(A/N: Well would you look at that, a double update. I must really love you all.)

Emma

"Harry, you're really quiet. Is everything okay?"

When he got back from his "guys day" with Liam I couldn't help but notice his odd behavior. Something is on his mind and I don't quite know how to go about asking him what's going on... Well apart from the obvious of straight up asking him.

I'm guessing it's about Jess but it doesn't seem like he's ready to discuss it.

Harry said he'd bring it up when he was ready and I trust him.

But given the way he's stuck in his head right now I don't know if we will get to that point. He looks like a nervous wreck.

Yes we are laying on top of my bed and I'm in his arms but he isn't holding me quite as tightly as he normally would.

Yes we're watching Love Actually for the hundredth time but he isn't singing along with Bill Nye or niggling my side when the portuguese lady strips down to her underwear to retrieve Colin Firth's papers from the lake or reading the note cards as Andrew Lincoln Professes his love for Keira Knightley.

He's done none of it and it's one of his favorites. Harry can't watch this movie without doing all these things. It's one of those little quicks that I love about him.

Maybe I should have chosen The Notebook.

"Harry?"

I ask once again realizing he hasn't answered my question. To someone who doesn't know him they would just think he's watching the movie but I know he isn't.

He's stuck in his head and I don't like it one bit.

"Harold!" I call him with a slap on his chest.

It's funny really, he looks so bewildered by my assault he literally jumps out of his skin.

I can't help but let out a little chuckle.

"What? What is it?" Alarm lacing his tone.

"I asked you if everything was alright?"

He places a soft kiss on my forehead. "Everything's fine love."

No it isn't.

"You just seem very quiet, that's all." I could call him out, get straight to the point and ask him about Jessica but I know I can't do that.

Harry's a gentle soul and although I know he'd throw a punch if need be, aggression or this kind of force isn't his first inclination.

Well not the way it would come off if I did it.

"Not quiet, just watching the movie."

No you're not.

"You sure, because you don't seem like yourself." I comment, taking the gentler approach. "You normally love watching this movie but tonight you're just... meh."

He smiles down at me. "You have a lovely way with words babe." And with one final kiss he turns his attention back to the movie.

Hmmm, something is still off.

I reach over his broad body and take the remote from the bedside table, pausing the film.

"Hey, I was watching that" he whines, but I need to know what's going on.

"No you weren't." I sit up next to him, concerned. "You're all in your head tonight and I'd like to know what's going on."

Again he smiles, my heart bubbling inside my chest at the sight.