Chapter 62

Emma

If you had asked me a few weeks ago which one of us I thought would be nervous about this weekend I was have said it would 100% be me. But in the few days since our minor run-in with Sam, I have managed to put things in perspective.

Harry, on the other hand, is acting like a nervous nelly and I'm not sure whether it's cute or slightly insane.

"Harry I'm really not that nervous," I tug him a bit. "Ease up on the hand."

Thankfully Harry's hand loosens up on mine as he drives through the grey streets of London.

I have actually surprised myself with all this. A few days ago I was the epitome of nerves, ready to get on the next train to anywhere.

But then I took a moment and thought about it and I realized something. My time with Harry's family were some of my best childhood memories. Why should I be scared to be among the people who did that for me?

I shouldn't.

So I resigned myself to be excited about this trip and open myself fully to Harry's family and hopefully, everything will be alright and if they turned out not to be ... well, I've lived through worse.

"Sorry Em," he releases a nervous chuckle, freeing mine so he can push his hair back. "You not being nervous is making me nervous."

"Oh really? I hadn't noticed," I fire back hoping to loosen him up a bit. "I don't want you're family thinking I've got you under some sort of coercion or something."

"They won't think that," Harry says pulling into a familiar street. "They know I'm crazy about you."

"As long as loving me doesn't drive you crazy."

"A bit late for that babe."

I roll my eyes at him, taking in the place that only a few months ago I had run to when Harry was grieving his gran.

The seems so long ago. We've been through so much since then the fact that we are actually doing this together is pretty remarkable. Harry and I are both so stubborn and moody, at times so unwilling to grow up, that taking this step in our relationship is very mature.

I'm proud of us.

Harry parks in front of his house before hopping out of the car and opening my door before we both head to the trunk to grab our things. "Are you really not that nervous?"

I stare up at him with a deadpan expression.

Honestly this boy, what am I going to do with him?

"You know what, no, I'm not. If you think about all the stuff we've had to handle in the last few months, having tea and cakes with your mum isn't exactly an ordeal is it?"

"I guess you're right," he nods his head. "Although it will be a little more than tea and cakes, we are going to be here a whole weekend."

I roll my eyes playfully at him, grabbing my weekender and throwing my tote over my shoulder. "I think I'll manage a few full meals as well babe."

The moment we step through the door we are bombarded by hugs from his family and the smell of freshly baked cookies... hmm just like when we were little.

"Emma, it's been so long," Anne holds me in for a long hug before pulling back and pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "You know I've been waiting for this day since you two were eight years old playing out in my garden."

"Really?"

"Of course, dear," he wraps her arm around my shoulder leading me into the house. "Harry take her bags, Emma and I are going to catch up."