Chapter 35

(A/N: god bless this boy for not only swimming in his underwear but for filming it so we can all just sit back and watch.)

Malibu - Miley Cyrus

Harry

"We don't have to talk about it right now if you don't want to." I tell her gently, secretly begging her to take me up on my offer and give us a little break from all these emotional bombshells.

A cop out?

Yes.

A way to try and make her more comfortable?

Also yes.

A way to do all that while also packing the added benefit of giving me a little breather after finding out the love of my life slept with someone else to which I remained as calm as I could but feel like shit while at the same time being proud with how I've handled the situation thus far?

Fuck yes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not shying away from the subject. How can I when I have already know what it is she is so scared to talk about?

No, I'm not attempting to stall this conversation for my own selfish reasons. It seriously just makes sense for the both of us.

We need a moment.

Fuck, I mean if anyone needs a break it's the two of us and looking in Emma's eyes now it's definitely the right move.

Her blue eyes are wide set and worried. I can tell she is trying to take in all that I've just said, struggling to grapple with the load that I just unleashed on her. So why wouldn't I try and alleviate some of that? Try and calm the heaving of her chest as she pushes air into her lungs and through her body.

All things considered, Em and I are doing remarkably well.

She's not hyperventilating and scaring the shit out of me and I'm not acting like a conceited and needy prat. In actuality we are both relatively calm, well one of us more than the other. Emma seems to be stuck in this little shocked moment of hers but I know if I can handle this the right way, we will get through this tumultuous time and come out the other side stronger and together.

This is my new tact as a man and a boyfriend. I'm gonna try and stop being so bloody selfish and actually take care of my girl, not just go through the motions until things get to tough and back away.

When I said I am here for her I meant it and I am going to try my damnedest to live up to that expectation.

"Emma? Love... why don't we get ourselves cleaned up and explore outside. The fresh air will do us some good."

No response.

I can tell she's heard me but isn't giving me anything. Honestly, while I knew it would be difficult and a bit of a shock to find out that I read her journal, I never imagined this, well at least not to this kind of extreme and rather unnerving reaction.

Most of the time Emma reacts. She shakes trying to hold back tears or full on cries. She lunges for her inhaler or runs out or if that's not an option she diverts the conversation. All this is to say that Emma always does something, but today she is the opposite.

Should I be worried that she still hasn't said anything?

Should I prepare myself for yet another fight to make her stay or is she–?

Wait Harry... give her time.

Yes, give her a little time. Em will process this, snap out of her little shocked daze, and then we will move forward.