Chapter 14

Back For You - One Direction

Harry

Getting my sorry ass to Ireland was much harder than you could ever imagine. After I grabbed the bare essentials from my flat I jumped in my car and started making my way to the airport.

But, as my shitty luck would have it, I blew a tire halfway there, it started to rain while I was changing it, and then the bloody spare tire got stuck in it's holster in the back of my car and it took me 15 minutes to get the damn thing out.

It was a bloody nightmare.

When I finally got the damn thing changed and made it to the airport I found that things at the airport weren't going to be any better.

As it happens, with the crappy weather, almost all the flights were either delayed or canceled. I couldn't find a bloody plane to take me to Ireland.

It's crazy, for a place so close, there were literally no flights I could get.

After what seemed liked hours of arguing with the woman behind the desk they finally found a seat for me. To my dismay I still had to wait ages before it took off but in the end it got me into Ireland at 6am on Valentine's Day.

Today.

The plane ride was no easy trip either.

My seat was broken, the kid behind me kept kicking my seat, and the turbulence was horrific.

But I'd go through it all again to be in the position I'm in right now.

Finally I'm here and now I have to make a choice.

Do I go straight to Em's mums house or try my luck with Niall. It's still pretty early so it would be a convenience to either of them. But I need to at least try.

Without further thought I hail a cab and give him Andrea and Steve's address.

I hope she is there. It's no secret Em has been spending time with Niall but I'd hate to see her actually staying with him.

Niall seems like a good guy. He is the one who told me where she was after all and even when I was here over Christmas Em said he had her best interests at heart. So if she needed to be with someone else, I'm glad she was with some like him.

Still stings though.

But who am I to judge. I was in bed with Jessica a few weeks ago so I can't say anything if she has chosen she'd rather be with Niall.

At this point I just want to see her. After all these days without my girl I have felt myself slowly fading away. She was so intertwined in my life, having her disappear entirely is gradually kill me from the inside.

We don't even need to talk or touch. I just want to be close to her. To feel her around me. To know she is alright.

When the cabbie pulls up in front of her family's house I nearly make him keep going down the road. My nerves getting the better of me but I push forward. I need her more than I'm afraid of her reaction. The pain of having her is far worse than anything she could sling at me.

Whatever happens next, whether I find her on the other side of the door or get clocked in the face by Steve, it will be the right move. I'll at least be getting closer.

With my heart in my throat and my stomach twisting in knots, I take the few steps up to her door step and ring the doorbell.

At first it seems as if no one if home. That's impossible, it's only half past seven, someone has to be home.