Chapter 49

Emma

I could kill Lina.

Well maybe not kill but I am having some very vivid images of some major bitch slapping going on.

Seriously, she's my best friend but there were times during this lunch when I wanted to lunge across the table and pummel her to the ground.

Thankfully I am not saying this because she's being rude to Harry. On the contrary she is the absolute imagine of a polite typical Englishwoman.

What I'm annoyed about is all the sly and bitchy glances she kept giving me. I know what she's getting at. Lina think's I should tell Harry but I honestly don't think it's a great idea right now.

I mean I'll tell him eventually but the pressing issue here is the situation with Jessica. It's more real now that we are back home. Jessica can be lurking around anywhere, just as Sam popped up out of the blue earlier today to me.

Don't know how Harry would handle if that happened to him with Jessica.

But it's going to isn't it? Sooner or later he'll have to face her again.

To my knowledge she's not locked up somewhere although she really should be.

If there is anyone who deserves to rot in a cell it's her. And she better pray that she never crosses my path because if I see her there will be hell to pay. I won't seek her out, at least not in the near future because I don't want to risk making things worse for Harry.

However if she seeks out either me or Harry the claws are coming out!

"Wow Emma, why are you looking so tense."

Suddenly all the attention is on me, four eyes blazing back at me trying to figure out what the hell's going on in my head.

Beating up a bitch, that's what I'm thinking about.

Harry leans in closer, kissing my temple and rubbing my back. "Come on babe, relax a bit."

"What he said. We're only talking about my wedding."

Lina goes to sip her drink but keeps her eyes focused on me, sending me a message. She's telling me to be honest, talk to Harry about what happened today and what might happen to him. She's saying that I need to grow the fuck up and be responsible for this relationship and make it work as well as I can. She's saying that I need to chill and stop questioning and just get on with it.

It's time to be honest...tonight.

"Agreed. Em this isn't going to be us for a long while, don't worry."

I snap my attention back to Harry completely surprised by his words. Harry has been thinking about this eventuality.

From this I get two things. One, Harry definitely wants to get married which I knew. And two, Harry doesn't want to get married anytime soon.

My heart pinches at this.

Why?

I stare down at my empty plate completely surprised by my own feelings. I've thought a lot about this and I never prepared myself for this possibility. It's not what I want so why do I feel like my heart has sunk to the floor?

I don't want to get married.

No, marriage is not an option.

Or–

"Emma, so you're coming with me right?"

"Huh?" Completely oblivious to the fact that she was talking