Chapter 46

Emma

My heart is stuck in my throat and I can barely get the words out.

How is he here?

And why is he looking at me like that?

He looks like the same man I met at the gate while waiting for my flight a month ago. Tall, blonde, welcoming. But today there is a certain look in his eyes, a possessive, craving look that I don't remember seeing before.

I don't like it. THis look gives me a weird feeling and my heart clenches for Harry.

Why can't I be back in bed with him? Or in the shower. Or at the table eating breakfast. Or basically anywhere else with Hatty but right here.    

I was so distraught that night I could have overlooked such a look. And to be fair I wasn't even looking at him when we had sex. I just couldn't. I turned my back to him, mindless stared forward, and tried to feel something other than the pain that was growing with every beat of my heart.

If you were wondering it didn't work. I walked out of that small room feeling even crappier than I walked in.

My mind was bleary than, focusing on all things Harry so my memories might be clouded.

There is a chance I am just making this all up as well.

Sure he's standing a bit close for my liking but we have had sex in the past so maybe he thinks this is okay.

It's not.

"Sam I have to get going, have friend waiting."

When I go to move around him, Sam takes a step to block my way.

"Excuse me Sam, I really do have a friend waiting."

Maybe being polite is the answer. Maybe he'll step aside and let me be on my way.

I wait a minute for his answer which he doesn't give. All he does is smile down at me with a smile that tells me he's got many things rolling about in his mind.

Well he is a guy.

"Sam? You okay?"

"Course, I'm here with you."

Flirting is not the thing I want. I want to leave and preferably never see him again.

But when he tucks a stray hair behind my ear I know that's probably not going to happen.

This guy needs to back off.

"How have you been?" He asks quietly.

Oh wonderful, now he's trying to be all sweet.

The only one I want being sweet on me is Harry.

And fuck he's amazing at it.

"I've been fine. Now please Sam, I need to get going."

"When can I see you again?" The tips of his fingers trace down the length of my arm and I get the wrong kind of feeling shoot through my body. A sinking feeling that he's trying to take this a step too far.

Never going to happen.

"Sam I don't think that's a good idea. What happened between us... it was a mistake." I shake my head looking down on the floor.

God I was so fucking stupid to do what I did. I might even begin to regret it.

I've said in the past that I don't but the way he's acting now has me turning toward that answer.