The Half-Blood Princess / Dra...

By Dil_With_This

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Y/N Snape had made it to Second year, ever since her muggle grand mother d... More

First Things First
Chapter 1-A Death Eater
Chapter 2-Book Shop
Chapter 3-Do i really love her?
Chapter 4-Mandrakes
Chapter 5-Circumstances
Chapter 6-Memories and Mudblood
Chapter 7-Murmurs
Chapter 8-Sorry
Chapter 9-Writing on the Wall
Chapter 10-Salazar Slytherin
Chapter 11-Moste Potente Potion
Chapter 12-Blodger Disaster
Chapter 14-Polyjuice Potion
Chapter 15-The Diary
Chapter 16-Hermione
Chapter 17-Trust
Chapter 18-Book Page
Chapter 19-The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 20-Home
SEQUEL IS OUT!!

Chapter 13-Dueling Club

5.8K 191 157
By Dil_With_This

Chapter 13-Dueling Club

  A/N

  I will not be writing the lessons for Legilimens. And this is going to be a long chapter for a little punishment for me updating super super late. That's all I wanted to say. I'm so so sorry for updating super late!!!! Please don't kill me...

Y/N's POV:

  "Father," Draco said, blankly.

  "What's wrong? What happened?" I asked, worried.

  "He - he was... disappointed," he said, sadly looking down at the floor as I saw his gray eyes twinkle and I instantly knew that it was tears, I put my hand on top of his shoulder as I pulled him into a hug wrapping my arms around him as he accepted the hug.

  "What did he say?" I asked, rubbing his back calmly.

  "He said that I was a disgrace, and an idiot for not seeing the snitch that was just above my head," he said, as we pulled away from the hug ad I looked at him in the eyes and saw a tear fall down his pe cheek as he reached for his hand to it and wiped it off instantly.

  "You are no disgrace or an idiot," I told him, Well, you are an idiot at some times, I thought to myself as I shoved the thought away from my head.

  "Says who?" He said, his eyes let a tear fall down once again as he wiped it off with the of his hand again, not making eye contact to me.

  "Me, and don't be too harsh on yourself," I told him, shaking him a little bit. "Use this as a starting point to make your father regret what he just said to you, prove to him that you are no disgrace or an idiot and prove to him that you are more than that."

  He lifted his head up as our eyes met, he reached out for his right hand to my eye patch and took it off. He examine my scar and my eye, as I started to became uncomfortable I read out to his hand to get my eye patch as he lifted it away from me.

  "Draco..." I said, in a whisper. I feel uncomfortable when I'm not wearing my eye patch.

  "You look more beautiful without your eye patch," he said in a weak voice, as I felt my cheeks heat up as well as my whole face. I didn't know what to do, he was looking at me, I felt awkward, what should I be doing? Should I be looking at him as well? Or should I look away? Should I say something? What should I say?

  "And..." He finally spoke, from what feels like hours. "Thank you."

  I looked straight at his gray eyes, as I saw a boy that just wants to make his family proud of him. It was hard to see Draco like this, he is just a boy after all. Then, I finally cracked a smile, a greatful huge smile.

  "You don't have to thank me... And besides, it doesn't suits you," I told him as I giggled, as he sniggered. Now, that's the Draco I know, I thought to myself.

  "Anyway, try getting some sleep you must be real tired," I told him, it took him awhile to answer but he just simply nodded as the both of us stood up. He gave me my eye patch as I kindly accepted it, he looked at me once again and smiled as I smiled back. He walked to the boy's dormitory door and turn around to look at me.

  "You too get some sleep, it must be tiring being with me," he said, his voice was weak I heard it broke, I was shocked I stood there with my eyes wide open looking at him.

  "What do you mean? I never get tired being with you," I told him, as he smiled.

  "Whatever," he said before closing the door shut, as I stood outside the boy's dormitory thinking about Draco and why would he said that.

  I simply shuffle myself around and walked to the girl's dormitory, I reached my hand to the cold door knob. I opened the door and got inside, there was no one inside the dormitory which means i'm all alone. It was ghost-quiet in the dormitory, I got change into my Slytherin robe and sat down beside the window. In a few minutes I will be going to Severus's office for our first lesson on Legilimens. Severus had also mentioned to me that I might just attend one or two lessons about Legilimens since I already know how to control it and how to use it.

  I looked through the window and saw birds flying through the thin air of the sky, flapping their wings as the air pass through their thick layers of feather. I was sat there like an old woman done with life and is waiting for her end from this cruel world and just wanted to be with her husband that is already dead. It might sound depressing but it's the truth.

  I stood up and walked to the door of the dormitory, my warm hand met the cold metal door knob as I opened it and walked out of the dorm closing the door behind me. The common room seems to be quiet, I walked down the stairs as I heard my shoes click with each step I took from the stairs as I went down, I looked around and saw no one. It was so quiet, all I can hear was the crackling of the fire from the cobblestone fireplace. I walked up to the portrait as it swung open as I exited from the common room.

  Students and a few staffs were heard walking and talking from the corridors as I walked to Severus' office. I knocked once or twice on the door before I heard Severus said, "Come in". I got inside and saw him sat down at his desk, he looked up as our eyes met.

  "Shall we begin?" He asked, as I closed the door behind me.

  "'Course," I said as our lesson begin.

(Like I said I wouldn't be writing the lessons for Legilimency)

  An hour later, our lesson ends. My body was sweating like mad, I was sat down at a chair as I felt my hair all messed up and my whole body shaking. I stood up from my seat as I wiped off the sweats with my right sleeve.

  "You did quite good," complimented Snape, as I mumbled a small 'thanks' to him. "You can go, now."

  I nodded as I walked out of the office, closing the door behind me, still sweating. The sun had now been replaced by the moon shining brightly along with millions of twinkling stars in the sky. I walked along the corridors in the dungeon to the Slytherin common room, I said the password immediately before the portrait could even ask me what the password was.

  The portrait swung open as I saw Slytherin students chatting in their own little group as some was doing their homeworks, I spotted Draco with Crabbe and Goyle as he spotted me as well. His lips stretched into a grin as I smiled at him, my shoes touched the concrete stairs as I took a step up the stairs to the girl's dormitory. I opened the door as I saw Millicent at her own bed munching a chocolate frog while reading the card that came with it, I closed with door as I accidentally closed it too hard as it made a loud banging noise.

  This made Millicent look up and jump a little bit, her attention got straight at the direction of the door where I was stood. I walked to my bed that was right beside hers.

  "Where have you been?" She asked me, looking quite curious whiles her mouth was full of munched chocolate frog.

  "Library," I lied, as I took off my Slytherin robe whiles I took out my pajamas from my trunk and change into them. I lay down at my bed, taking off my eye patch and placing it at my bedside table. I yawned lazily, as Millicent played down at her bed as well as we looked at the ceiling until we feel our eyes drowsy. I was the first to feel drowsy, I felt my eyes heavy as it slowly closing and a few minutes I was already asleep.

  The following day me, Ron and Hermione was at Moaning Myrtle's bathroom inside a locked stall, making the Polyjuice Potion. Then, we heard the door open outside the stall. Hermione peered through the keyhole to see who was outside.

  "It's me," said a very familiar voice, as I recognize it was Harry. I heard Hermione gasp, and opened the stall door.

  "Harry!" she exclaim. "You gave us such a fright - come in. How's your arm?"

  "Fine," said Harry, as he tried squeezing himself inside the stall.

  "We'd've come to meet you, but we decided to get started on the Polyjuice Potion," Ron explained as Harry, with great difficulty, close the stall door and locked it.

  "We've decided this is the safest place to hide it," I told him, as the four of us was squeezed inside the stall like a can of fishes.

  Harry started to tell about Colin Creevey being petrified, Hermione cut him in mid-sentence.

  "We already know - we heard Professor McGonagall telling Professor Flitwick this morning. That's why we decided we'd better get going-"

  "The sooner we get a confession out of Malfoy, the better," said Ron. "D'you know what I think? He was in such a foul temper after the Quidditch match, he took it out on Colin."

  "Impossible," I muttered, but none of them seemed to heard it.

  "There's something else," said Harry as I felt his eyes stayed in my direction as I started tearing bundles of knotgrass and throwing them into the potion. "Dobby came to visit me in the middle of the night."

  I instantly shot my head to Harry's direction, as Ron and Hermione's he shot to Harry to look at him with amazed expression. In the other hand, I looked a little worried because of what might Lucius do to Dobby if he found out about Dobby visiting Harry.

  Harry had told us everything about Dobby said about the Chamber of Secrets being opened, again.

  "The Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Hermione said.

  "This settles it," said Ron, as we looked at him. "Lucius Malfoy must've opened the Chamber when he was at school here and now he's told dear old Draco how to do it. It's obvious. Wish Dobby'd told you what kind of monster's in there, though. I want to know how come nobody's noticed it sneaking around the school."

  I didn't said anything to argue or complain anything about what Ron had said to the Malfoys, but I just kept listening what they were about to say.

  "Meybe it can make itself invisible," suggested Hermione, as I started prodding leeches to the bottom of the cauldron. "Or maybe it can disguise itself - pretend to be a suit of armor or something - I've read about Chameleon Ghouls-"

  "You read too much, Hermione," said Ron, whiles Hermione poured dead lacewings on top of the leeches and past it to Ron as he crumplbag up the empty lacewing bag.

  "So Dobby stopped us from getting on the train and broke your arm." He shook his head. "You know what, Harry? If he doesn't stop trying to save your life he's going to kill you."

  The news about Colin being attacked had spread around the school the next day at Monday morning. Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister and who also sat next to Colin in Charms looked distraught. The first years was now walking along the corridors with tight groups of friends.

  In the second week December Severus came around as usual taking the names of who's going to be staying at Hogwarts for Christmas. Draco and I, along with Crabbe and Goyle signed together at Severus' list. I told Harry, Ron and Hermione about this and they find it quite suspicious which for me is quite ridiculous since Draco had been telling me what he wanted for Christmas from his parents. Harry Ron and Hermione also thought that using Polyjuice Potion in the holidays is a perfect timing for trying to worm a confession on Draco.

  Unfortunately, the potion was only half finished. We still needed the bicorn horn and the boomslang skin, and the only place they were going to get them was from Severus' private stores. But, they thought it would be easy for me to steal some, but it's harder than they thought it would be.

  "What we need," said Hermione, on Thursday afternoon's double Potions. "is a diversion. Then one of us can sneak into Snape's office and take what we need." Harry and Ron looked at her nervously, as I looked quite calm.

  "I think I'd better do the actual stealing," I told them as the three of them agreed instantly. "You two will be expelled if you get into any more trouble, and I've got a clean record. So all you need to do is cause enough mayhem to keep Severus busy or Hermione ask questions to Severus for five minutes or so."

  At Potions class, there were twenty cauldrons stood steaming between the wooden desks, on which stood brass scales and jars of ingredients. Severus strolled around through the fumes, making remarks from the Gryffindors, which makes it raiser to sneak behind Severus and get inside his private room where he keep his other ingredients for potions.

  I took a small peak on Harry's potion and itrunny too runny. I saw Harry kept glancing over at Hermione, as I suspected that he was waiting for her signal. When Severus turned around and walked to Neville's I saw Hermione and Harry meet each other's eyes and nodded, Hermione looked at me as well and nodded once again.

  I saw Harry swiftly going down behind his cauldron. And be for i knew it Goyle's potion exploded, I jumped a bit. Everyone's attention was at Goyle with a huge mess in front of him. As everyone's attention was at Goyle, I simply walk into Severus's office and saw his collection of Potion ingredients. I started looking what we need for the Pokyjuice Potion and room some of it and putting it's container back where I got it.

  "Silence! SILENCE!" I heard Severus roared outside the office. "Anyone who has been splashed, come here for a Deflating Draft - when I find out who did this-"

  I started getting things faster and putting it in a small bag. I quietly and swiftly walked out of Severus's office and walked back into my cauldron and stood straight as I saw Draco's full face was covered with Goyle's Swelling Solution potion, I covered my mouth trying g not laugh as I saw Harry was trying not to laugh either. I met Hermione's as I red her expression, when I understand it I put a thumbs up as I saw her smiled in relief.

  When everyone had taken a swig of antidote and the various swellings had subsided, Snape swept over to Goyle's cauldron and scooped out the twisted black remains of the firework. There was a sudden silence around the classroom.

  "If I ever find out who threw this," Snape whispered, "I shall make sure that person is expelled."

  I saw Harry's expression changed, as him and Severus met each other's eye and looked at each for about a minute or so. Ten minutes later the bell had rung, as everyone started getting their things and walking of of the classroom.

  "He knew it was me," said Harry as we hurried to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. "I could tell."

  I put the new ingredients in the potions as I smiled happily to myself and told them; "It'll be ready in two weeks."

  "Snape can't prove it was you," said Ron to Harry. "What can he do?"

  "Knowing Snape, something foul," said Harry, as I shot him a glare. Whiles the potion frothed and bubbled.

  A week later, the four of us was walking through the corridors as we saw gathered students was looking at a notice in a piece of parchment, we saw Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas, both from Gryffindor, walk up to us looking excited.

  "They're starting a Dueling Club!" said Seamus. "First meeting tonight! I wouldn't mind dueling lessons; they might come in handy one of these days..."

  "What, you reckon Slytherin's monster can duel?" said Ron, as I looked at him glaring.

  "Could be useful," he said to the three of us. "Shall we go?"

  The four of us was all up to it, at eight o'clock that evening they hurried back to the Great Hall. The long dining tables had vanished and a golden stage had appeared along one wall, lit by thousands of candles floating overhead. 

  "I wonder who'll be teaching us?" asked Hermione. "Someone told me Flitwick was a dueling champion when he was young - maybe it'll be him."

  "As long as it's not -" Harry began, as it ended with a groan as Lockhart walked up the stage.

  "Merlin's beard! Not him!" I said, as Lockhart looked at the crowd smiling as I sneered. My face cheered up a little when I saw Severus walked up the stage as well, as a smirk grew across my face. "This should be interesting."

  "Gather round, gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent!

"Now, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club, to train you all in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions - for full details, see my published works.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape," said Lockhart, smiling widely across the crowd. "He tells me he knows a tiny little bit about dueling himself and has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration before we begin. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry - you'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him, never fear!"

  "Wouldn't it be good if they finished each other off?" Ron muttered in Harry's ear, as I took a quick glance at the two of them. I looked around the crowd and saw Draco along with Crabbe and Goyle, no surprise there.

  Lockhart and Severus bowed to each other, well Lockhart did, he bowed elegantly twisting his hand and placing it to his where his stomach as he bowed, while Severus bowed his head. Then they both raised each other's wand like swords.

  "As you see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position," Lockhart told the silent crowd. "On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course."

  "I wouldn't bet on that," I heard Harry murmured.

  "One - two - three-"

  Both of them pointed their wands at each other's head, as I smiled to myself. Then, Severus cried "Expelliarmus!" There was a silver light came out of Severus' wand as it got to Lockhart as he was blasted backward off his feet, as I started laughing hysterically as well as the other Slytherins.

  Hermione, who was beside me, was at her tiptoes trying to get a good look on Lockhart. "Do you think he's alright?"

  "Who cares?" Me, Ron and Harry said together, as I laughed harder.

  Lockhart was getting unsteadily to his feet. His hat had fallen off and his wavy hair was standing on end.

  "Well, there you have it!" He said, as I wiped off the tears from laughter.

  "He could have blocked it in a second," I muttered.

  "That was a Disarming Charm - as you see, I've lost my wand - ah, thank you, Miss Brown - yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy - however, I felt it would be instructive to let them see..." He said, as I rolled my eyes.

  "Enough demonstrating! I'm going to come amongst you now and put yourselves in a group of three. Professor Snape, if you'd like to help me--"

  They moved through the crowd, matching up partners. Lockhart partnered Neville with a Hufflepuff boy which I believe is Justin Finch-Fletchey, as Severus got to Ron and Harry.

  "Time to split up the dream team, I think," he sneered. "Weasley, you can partner Finnigan. Potter-"

  He automatically moved Harry to me and Hermione. As he moved me to the other side, as he get a another Gryffindor I believe is named Lavender Brown.

  "I don't think so," said Severus, coldly. "Mr. Malfoy, come over here. Let's see what you make of the famous Potter. Y/N you partner with Miss Brown. And you, Miss Granger - you can partner Miss Bulstrode."

  Draco walked over next to Harry, smirking. Behind him was Millicent as I saw Hermione gave her a smile that she didn't return. I looked at Lavender Brown as she smiled at me and whispered, "Don't worry, I'll go easy on you."

  "Face your partners!" called Lockhart, back on the platform. "And bow!"

  Me and Lavender bowed at each other as I felt her eyes not taking off of me.

  "Wands at the ready!" shouted Lockhart. "When I count to three, cast your charms to disarm your opponents - only to disarm them - we don't want any accidents - one ... two ... three-"

  At two, I heard Draco shout a spell. I focused on Lavender and look at her straight in the eye and red her mind.

  "Levicorpus! Levicorpus!" I heard her thought as well as her voice, as light came out of her wand and was directly to me. I simply blocked it, as she looked annoyed.

  "Expelliarmus! Stupefy! Levicorpus! Expelliarmus! Stupefy! Levicorpus!" Lavender was shouting spells on and on, as I blocked it one by one as I took a step closer to her eveytime I block one of her spell, I was a few steps away from her as she looks tired.

  "My turn," I muttered, but I said it too loud as I saw other Slytherin smiled. "Expelliarmus!"

  Her wand shot up the air, as I pointed my wand right in front of her nose and cried, "Petrificus Totalus!"

  Lavender stood in her feet like a statue as she fall backwards with her hands closed tightly against her side and her legs were pressed together.

  I looked around as my eyes met Severus' as I saw him smiled. I looked back at Lavender and got her back to her feet again undoing the spell off. As I helped her stood up, but shrugged it and helped herself stood up.

  "I think I'd better teach you how to block unfriendly spells," said Lockhart. "Let's have a volunteer pair - Longbottom and Finch-Fletchley, how about you-"

  "A bad idea, Professor Lockhart," said Snape, walking to Lockhart. "Longbottom causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending what's left of Finch-Fletchley up to the hospital wing in a matchbox." Neville's round, pink face went pinker. "How about Malfoy and Potter?" said Snape with a twisted smile.

  "Excellent idea!" said Lockhart, gesturing Harry and Malfoy into the middle of the hall as the crowd backed away to give them room.

  "Now, Harry," said Lockhart. "When Draco points his wand at you, you do this." Lockhart wiggled his wand elegantly, but failed and dropped it, as I sneered. As I saw Severus smirked at Lockhart. "Whoops - my wand is a little overexcited-"

  I saw Severus move closer to Draco, and as Severus walked away I saw a smirk stretched across his face.

  The two walked in the middle and bowed to each other and ready their wands.

  "Scared, Potter?" muttered Draco to Harry.

  "You wish," replied Harry, Draco looked at me as his smirk grew wider and winking at me as I felt my cheeks heat up. As I saw Hermione glance at me and looked at me suspiciously.

  "Three - two - one - go!" Lockhart shouted.

  Malfoy raised his wand quickly and bellowed, " Serpensortia!"

  There was a loud blast that came out of Draco's wand as a snake had came out of it.

  "Don't move, Potter," said Severus lazily. "I'll get rid of it..."

  "Allow me!" shouted Lockhart. A light got it of Lockhart's wand and blasted to the snake, but it made it worst. The snake flew a few feet and got straight in front of the Hufflepuff boy Justin Finch-Fletchey.

  Harry started walking to the snake and started saying a very strange language, he was hissing like a snake. The snake looked at him and to Justin, then I realized what he was doing, he was speaking Parseltongue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I know I'm so sorry for the late update! Please don't kill me.

And also just to warn you guys I might not or may be late to update next week as well because my family and I are gonna go out for a bit. Yes, very scary place at the Muggle world. Very scary. Anyways, thank you guys for reading g and I hope you liked this chapter!

Again, I'm so so sorry for updating super super late.

~Sophia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.3K 1.5K 18
Your life before Hogwarts wasn't all that special. You watched your siblings practice magic and watched them go off to Hogwarts. Now, Ron Weasly, you...
48.2K 895 23
You're a muggle born and you are also destined to be a Slytherin.This book will focus on Y/n's 1st and 2nd year at hogwarts. Of course there will be...
166K 4.7K 26
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Third year had begun and a another adventure awaits Y/N Snape. The two years of Y/N's time at Hogwarts Witchcraft and W...
1M 38.4K 90
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...