Chapter 10-Salazar Slytherin

  Y/N's POV:

  For days, the only topic of everyone's conversation was about the attack on Mrs. Norris. Filch had kept reminding everyone about the attack he usually stand in guard where the attack happened, as though the attacker might come back. The very person that had been really disturbed by this attack was Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister. According to Ron she was a great cat lover, which I find quite odd to be pondering about since Millicent was as well a great cat lover and it didn't affect her quite much, since she loves every cat.

  "But you haven't really got to know Mrs. Norris," said Ron to Ginny, trying to calm her. "Honestly, we're much better off without her," she was trembling. "Stuff like this doesn't often happen at Hogwarts," Ron assured her. "They'll catch the maniac who did it and have him out of here in no time. I just hope he's got time to Petrify Filch before he's expelled. I'm only joking -" Ron added, as Ginny jumped a bit.

  "Don't talk to her like that!" I told Ron, slapping his arm. "Don't you see she's frightened. Try and let Percy or Fred and George talk to her, maybe they can help."

  The attack didn't just disturbed Ginny, Hermione was also been not herself. Hermione had been getting extra time at the library, and been really focused to the books she pulled out from a shelf and been really quiet. I've also have been quiet and thinking more lately, how can the basilisk get into Hogwarts? And where is the basilisk hidden? If the basilisk attacked Mrs. Norris who was the one let I out? And how can I hear the basilisk? Am I a Parseltounge?, the questions was all over my head every now and then, I wanna ask Severus about this, but didn't get a chance since I usually have too much homework to do. I promised myself that I will ask him this Saturday weekend, at my Legilimens lesson with him.

  At Potions, Severus made Harry stay behind to scrape tubeworms off the desks. Me, Ron and Hermione was waiting for Harry at the library, Hermione stood up and walked somewhere to get a another book. After for awhile, Harry came into the library seeing Ron measuring his homework at History of Magic, since Professor Binns asked for a three foot long composition on "The Medieval Assembly of European Wizards."

  "I don't believe it, I'm still eight inches short," said Ron furiously, as Harry sat down beside me. "And Hermione's done four feet seven inches and her writing's tiny. And Y/N also done four feet eight inches and her writing's tinier than Hermione."

  "Where is Hermione?" asked Harry, grabbing the tape measure and unrolling his own homework.

  "Somewhere over there," said Ron, pointing along the shelves. "Looking for another book. I think she's trying to read the whole library before Christmas."

  Harry told me and Ron about this Justin Flinch-Fletchy, from Hufflepuff, running away from him.

  "Dunno why you care. I thought he was a bit of an idiot," said Ron scribbling into his parchment, making his writings large as possible. "All that junk about Lockhart being so great-"

  Hermione had emerged out of the bookshelves. She looked irritable and at last seemed ready to talk to us.

  "All the copies of Hogwarts, A History have been taken out," she said, sitting down frustrated. "And there's a two-week waiting list. I wish I hadn't left my copy at home, but I couldn't fit it in my trunk with all the Lockhart books."

  "Why do you want it?" asked Harry, looking quite curious.

  "The same reason everyone else wants it," said Hermione, "to read up on the legend of the Chamber of Secrets."

  I froze at my seat, as I heard it came out of her mouth. Chamber of Secrets, it really has been opened, again, but who? I thought to myself.