Chapter 7-Murmurs

Chapter 7-Murmurs

  3rd Person's POV:

  Y/N ran out of the Quidditch pitch as fast as she could, feeling the cold breeze of the early morning passing her skin because of her speed. Y/N catches up behind Harry, Ron and Hermione as they made their way to Hagrid's hut, the three of them tried to calm Ron as they made their way to Hagrid's hut. They were twenty feet away from the hut, the door had opened, but it wasn't Hagrid who emerged out of the hut, it was Gilderoy Lockhart, wearing a very pale robe that shines at every corner as he moves.

  "Quick, behind here," said Harry, as we drag Ron with us to a nearby bush.

  "It's a simple matter if you know what you're doing," Lockhart said loudly to Hagrid. "If you need help, you know where I am! I'll let you have a copy of my book. I'm surprised you haven't already got one - I'll sign one tonight and send it over. Well, good-bye!" He finally said, and strode away towards the castle.

  The moment he had disappeared from sight, they pulled Ron from the bush and towards Hagrid's hut. Hagrid's hut was small but, have a high ceiling, they passed the pumpkins that is beside Hagrid's hut and knocked on the door urgently, they impatiently waiting for Hagrid to answer or to open the door.

  Hagrid opened the door looking grumpy, his expression brightened as he saw the four of us.

  "Bin wonderin'when you'd come ter see me - come in, come in - thought you mighta bin Professor Lockhart back again-" said Hagrid, with a little annoyance in his voice by the thought of Lockhart.

  Harry and Hermione escorted Ron at the nearest seat, as I closed the door behind us and sat back down. We were sat down at a one-roomed cabin, with a huge bed at the corner, and a fire crackling at the fireplace. Harry had explained Hagrid about how Ron got into the situation.

  "Better out than in," said Hagrid cheerfully, getting a bucket in front of Ron. "Get em all up, Ron."

  "I don't think there's anything to do except wait for it to stop," said Hermione anxiously, watching Ron vomit slimey slugs making him even paler than earlier.

  "That's a difficult curse to work at the best of times, but with a broken wand-" said Y/N, as Hagrid was walking around to make them tea. Hagrid's dog, Fang, was blabbering all over Harry.

  "What did Lockhart want with you, Hagrid?" asked Harry, scratching Fang's ears.

  "Givin'me advice on gettin'kelpies out of a well," growled Hagrid, as he scrubbed the table and setting down the teapot. "Like I don'know. An'bangin'on about some banshee he banished. If one word of it was true, I'll eat my kettle."

  It was unlike of Hagrid to criticize a teacher, especially a famous one like Lockhart, Harry was also shocked about Hagrid's comment at a teacher, his jaw was wide open as Y/N slowly closed it he looked at her and smiled. Hermione had suddenly spoke, her voice was higher than usual, "I think you're being a bit unfair. Professor Dumbledore obviously thought he was the best man for the job-"

  "He was the on'y man for the job," said Hagrid, offering them a plate of treacle fudge, while Ron coughed slugs down at his bucket. "An'I mean the on'y one. Gettin'very difficult ter find anyone fer the Dark Arts job. People aren't too keen ter take it on, see. They're startin'ter think it's jinxed. No one's lasted long fer a while now. So tell me," said Hagrid, jerking his head at Ron. "Who was he tryin'ter curse?"

  "Malfoy," said Y/N, annoyed.

  "Malfoy called Hermione something - it must've been really bad, because everyone went wild."