1.1 ʟᴏᴠɪɴɢ ᴍᴀʏʜᴇᴍ | ✓

By luxiferase

[ featured @mystery @romance @dangerouslove ] Caprice del Fuego is the untouchable queen. She is rich, smart... More

0.0 | foreword
0.0 | preliminaries
0.75 | prologue
01 | the untouchable queen
02 | deal with the devil
03 | sleek deception
04 | the death god
05 | a lucky streak
06 | smoky intentions
07 | all or nothing
08 | law of judgment
09 | an eye for an eye
10 | a tooth for a tooth
11 | flight or fight
12 | modern day dating
13 | a golden glare
14 | dust of devils
15 | green is the color
16 | monsters under the bed
17 | claws of the past
18 | the first cut is the deepest
19 | everybody's a fool
20 | a morning delight
21 | the lord of beasts
22 | here's a quarter
23 | slice of fear
24 | in loving memory
25 | dangers of the faithless
26 | just the way you are
27 | one in a million
28 | a second look
29 | you and me vs the world
30 | partners in crime
31 | crossing the line
32 | truly white lies
33 | nameless, faceless
34 | fake it 'til you make it
35 | a crowning glory
36 | deck shuffle
37 | the eight-year scar
38 | sin of greed
39 | love of my life
40 | a million gray areas
42 | the devil's circuit
43 | ghost of the past
44 | scars and sinners
45 | time-limited allies
46 | the faraway curse
47 | crossroad blues
48 | crimes and punishment
49 | truth is a killer
50 | all the world's a stage
51 | places of players
52 | a quick draw
53 | the kids are alright
54 | the first deceiver
55 | snake on grass
56 | taste like tears
57 | family circle
58 | for my soul
59 | out in the open
60 | a flightless raven
61 | the beloved marionette
62 | a cold case
63 | to dust and to gold

41 | do or die

3.3K 160 180
By luxiferase

F O R T Y - O N E | do or die—

C O L T

The feeling of warmth and lightness was becoming a routine whenever Caprice was in my arms. My finger traced the line of her straight nose, her lashes, her sharp cheekbones, and her shapely lips. She was perfect.

My hand moved to her neck, down to her breasts. I was excited to revere her magnificent body once again when I heard the doorknob twist.

I tensed, rolling off the bed to get the gun I plastered under my bed. My senses were on high alert as I stepped out of the bedroom in my boxers. The doorknob was being shaken with a desperate force.

I flattened my back against the wall as the door burst open. I pressed the gun's muzzle on the back of his head but he turned, swatting the gun away. I kicked his stomach and punched his face.

Maky coughed loudly. "Geez."

I rolled my eyes and picked up the gun, setting it on the kitchen counter. I entered the bedroom to put on my pants. "What's your problem?" I asked when I returned. "Couldn't you call first?"

"I did!" he complained, wiping his bruised cheek. "You weren't answering although..." His eyes flicked towards Caprice's discarded clothes on the floor. "I see why."

I scoffed and collected the garments, putting everything in the laundry basket. "So, what was so important that you need to pick my door?"

"Because I bring bad news and I can't wait to see your ugly face when I say 'I told you so'?" Maky chattered with a beaming smile.

"What is it?" he asked, ignoring the wickedness in his eyes.

"Do you know Indiana Zobel?"

"The one who put Villaruz in prison?"

"There's word in the streets that he's looking for information about you."

"Why?"

"Who cares? Maybe he's bored," Maky shrugged. "But you know what this means, right? Paloma will know where you are. He'll eventually have you back."

"No," I remembered Caprice's words that the person who let me out was someone who wanted me to live in fear. "This isn't Paloma."

"What?"

"I know Patron. If he wanted me to kill me, he would've sent Zeus or someone. He didn't need to bail me from prison. Someone else... There is someone else who wants me to suffer."

"Let me guess... You want me to find out who it is?" Maky let out a big sigh.

I crossed my arms. "Yeah."

"Colt..." His tone turned grave. Maky's smiley face was replaced with a dead serious expression. "What is it you want to happen? I thought you are gonna leave this all behind. Is this because of Acrylic and Eli? We all know drugs is a dirty business. They'll die."

"It's not just that, Maky." I clenched my jaw. "I was thinking... maybe it's time to clean up my past."

"What? Are you crazy?"

"Why not?" I leaned against the kitchen counter, shooting him a small smile.

Maky wasn't convinced. "And what are you gonna do if your enemy is someone high up?"

"I don't care. Anyone who will threaten my future with Caprice will have to die."

"Who's gonna die?"

We both turned to see Caprice emerged from the bedroom. She wore my shirt, hair disheveled as she went to get coffee.

"I asked who's gonna die?" she repeated, pouring hot water on her mug.

Maky cleared his throat, edging towards the door. "Well then, I'll go on my way."

I rubbed a hand over my face as Maky shoved me straight into the boiling water of Caprice's questioning. She was a strong girl. She doesn't get fazed no matter what I reveal to her.

And yet, it felt like I was tainting her.

"Love?" She pushed a cup of coffee towards me. I smiled and sat down, tugging her to my lap. "What is it?" she asked again.

"It's tomorrow."

Her forehead wrinkled for a second before realization dawned on her. She licked her lips. "I'll go with you."

My mouth open to argue but Caprice shook her head. "I promise I'll stay on the side. I don't want to wait for you here."

I had reservations but her golden eyes gleamed with tenacity. I loved it. I wanted someone who wouldn't shy away from the demons perched on my shoulders. But...

"Are you sure?"

Caprice gritted her teeth. She slid off my lap and sat on the stool beside me. She took a sip from her coffee. Her face was calm but displeasure was visible on her tight jaw.

"Caprice... I want you to be safe."

"How about what I want?" she mumbled. "I also want you to be safe. But we couldn't get what we want. That's why I'm coming with you."

I drew in a deep breath. "And you are sure?"

"Stop doubting me!" she yelled, eyes sparkling with frustrated tears. Caprice reached for my hands. "I would go to hell with you, Colt. No questions asked."

My heart throbbed in grief and delight. I never even thought you could feel those two emotions all at once. "I'm not doubting you, love. I just don't want you to regret this."

Caprice smiled. "Maybe. But you're worth it."

I grinned at her. "You too."

Caprice rose, a nefarious twinkle was in her eyes as she stood in front of me. "Well, we still have a lot of time. We should do a fun activity. Any ideas?"

"Where do you want it?" I smirked while my fingers caressed her bare thighs. She shivered and leaned down for a quick kiss.

I growled, lifting her up and setting her on the counter. She touched the gun when she sat, examining it with her fingers.

"Sorry. Give that to me."

Caprice raised an eyebrow as she released the magazine. "I know how to use this."

"Really?" I watched as she inspected the bullets. There was certainty in her movements as she locked the magazine back into place. I wondered who had thought her. "Why?"

She shrugged. "He was big on 'protect yourself before others'."

I seized the gun from her and hid it in the drawer. "That sounds right. Although, you should be prepared for the consequences as well. Survival tends to corrode the soul."

Caprice wrapped her legs around my waist as her hand slipped inside my jeans. "Hmm. Maybe. But I'll protect my interest before others. Isn't that what you said to Maky?"

"You heard that?" Her fingers enveloped my stiff rod. A soft groan left my mouth as I shoved her shirt up. She wasn't wearing anything that I growled in desperation. "Fuck."

Caprice chuckled darkly, pushing my pants down. "Let's have fun, shall we?"

The plan had been to set-up Almeda with Krueger. I texted both of them the restaurant's address that the FBI had given me. It had been Caprice's idea to use the three of them against each other. I thought it was genius.

Not only could I get rid of Almeda but I satisfied the Feds as well.

The only thing that bothered me was Krueger. He was an unknown factor. I didn't know much about him that I worried if he could sense that this was a trap.

"Are you okay?" Caprice inquired beside me.

We sat in the car, just a meter away from the perimeter that the Feds had set up. We could see the restaurant from afar. Its windows were wide and transparent though thick red curtains hang every meter or so. LED lights lit the place up, giving us a glimpse of Sixto Almeda's silhouette on the left side.

"I don't know," I said.

"What do you mean?"

"It's been two hours. This isn't normal."

As soon as I said that, the restaurant lights flickered.

Hey!

Can you all comment where you're from?

I love the demographic chart of this story hehe 💕

Don't forget to vote if heart this chapter.

Lots of surprises soon as we get close to the end!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 10.3K 50
Featured by @KatyDreams for THE BEST ROMANCE BOOKS 4. PUBLISHED. READ THE WHOLE BOOK ON AMAZON : https://amzn.to/2F93mJr THE FICTION AWARDS 2017 Wi...
4.7K 629 73
"They say sometimes the road of life takes an unexpected turn, and you don't have no choice but to follow it and end up in place where you are suppos...
2.5M 70.4K 47
Book 1 in the 'Beautiful' Trilogy. Aria Valenti, a beautiful 27-year-old girl in her 2nd year of residency at NY Medical Center, holding a lot of sec...