I Got You || Jughead Jones

By jetblackashx

The new girl in town somehow does the impossible and manages to tear down Jughead's walls within hours of mee... More

Introduction
The Characters
The River's Edge // Part One
The River's Edge // Part Two
The River's Edge // Part Three
Touch of Evil // Part One
Touch of Evil // Part Two
Touch of Evil // Part Three
Body Double // Part One
Body Double // Part Two
Body Double // Part Three
The Last Picture Show // Part One
The Last Picture Show // Part Two
The Last Picture Show // Part Three
Heart of Darkness // Part One
Heart of Darkness // Part Two
Heart of Darkness // Part Three
Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill! // Part One
Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill! // Part Two
Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill! // Part Three
In a Lonely Place // Part Two
In a Lonely Place // Part Three
The Outsiders // Part One
The Outsiders // Part Two
The Outsiders // Part Three
La Grande Illusion // Part One
La Grande Illusion // Part Two
La Grande Illusion // Part Three
The Lost Weekend // Part One
The Lost Weekend // Part Two
The Lost Weekend // Part Three
To Riverdale and Back Again // Part One
To Riverdale and Back Again // Part Two
To Riverdale and Back Again // Part Three
Anatomy of a Murder // Part One
Anatomy of a Murder // Part Two
Anatomy of a Murder // Part Three
The Sweet Hereafter // Part One
The Sweet Hereafter // Part Two
The Sweet Hereafter // Part Three
End
I Got You // By The Numbers

In a Lonely Place // Part One

22.6K 511 215
By jetblackashx

Archie somehow managed to drag me out of bed for an early run before school started. My guess is he chose me because I was the only one to answer at five in the morning. We ended the run at the school where we separated to our designated locker rooms to get ready.

I had just finished pulling my hair up when I heard someone yell. Deciding to investigate, I grabbed my eyeliner from my makeup bag and slammed my locker shut before starting to tip-toe through the halls. I heard voices a little bit down from the boy's locker room.

"Archie?" I whispered as I turned the corner.

"Did you seriously bring an eyeliner pencil to defend yourself?"

A scream escaped my mouth as I turned around to see Jughead standing by the utility closet. Archie's head poked out from the little room.

"Jughead, what are you doing here? And I've stabbed my own eye plenty of times so I was taking my chances."

My boyfriend gave me a sheepish look as Archie walked out from the utility closet. My eyes widened as I realized what had happened before I got here.

"Did you know about this?" Archie pointed from Jughead to the closet.

I bit my lip, "I knew about his living situation but not that-"

"Vanna, seriously? You knew and you didn't tell me?" Archie's voice got louder as Jughead closed the closet door.

I shook my head, "First, it wasn't my place to tell and second, he told me he was staying somewhere safe which obviously was a lie."

It was Jughead's turn to get scolded now but he attempted to defend himself, "The school is safe. Much safer than anywhere else, actually."

"How about a house? Like mine, or Vanna's. Even Betty or Kevin? Jug, there's a murderer on the loose and they could walk through this hall everyday!" Archie threw his hands out for emphasis. Suddenly the bell rang signalling students were entering the building soon. "Come on."

Archie lead us away from Jughead's living area, "God, Jug, why didn't you tell me? And where does your dad think you are?"

"He thinks I'm couch surfing, "Jughead replied, keeping his voice low.

I walked in between Archie and Jughead as the former offered for Jughead to live at his house. Jughead claimed it was just temporary but all three of us, even Jug, knew that was a lie.

"Just don't tell anybody, please. Savanna already knows and that's enough," Jughead looked down at me.

"Hey," I whined, "Don't talk about me like I'm not here. Also, if anyone's gonna be a snob about this situation, it'll be my sister."

Jughead looked down the hall, "Right, well, exactly. Don't tell her, either."

With that, my boyfriend left us to go down a different hallway. Archie turned to me and I knew he wasn't done being sour.

"Archie, before you start yelling, I offered for him to stay at my house. He stayed one night and when I woke up the next, he was gone. He promised me he was somewhere safe and obviously, that wasn't true. I care about his well-being just as much as you do. Just...please make sure he goes to you, or me. Or anyone, but I can't handle him living like this." I motioned to Jughead's current home.

The redhead nodded before wrapping me in a hug. I knew neither of us would let Jug live like this for long. He deserved better...much, much better, than the life he has and I for one, am determined to make sure it happened.

--

Our free period was longer today due to a schedule change so for an hour and a half, our gang was taking up the student lounge. Veronica was sitting on an ottoman with Archie and Kevin each in their own armchairs. Jughead and Betty took up the couch while I had my head in the former boy's lap, half on the couch, half hanging over the armrest.

Betty was informing us about how her parents took the news of Polly missing. The night of the Variety Show was crazy. I'm guessing we were filling our friends in now about our discoveries.

"My mom and dad don't want to get the police involved. They don't want anyone to know that she ran away, or about her "shameful condition"." Betty sighed.

Veronica rolled her eyes, "Please. What decade is this?"

"Also," Betty continued, "Since she knew where Jason's getaway car was, they're afraid people might think that she burned it and that if she did..."

"She could be the murderer, trying to cover her tracks," My boyfriend finished as he ran a hand through my hair.

"Who did burn the car, then?" Archie asked.

I sighed, "Sheriff Keller says it's possible someone was following us."

"Oh, my God," My sister sounded concerned, "Honestly, guys, we should just move."

"Guys, what if Polly's really hurt? What if whoever killed Jason is coming after her next?" Betty's voiced sounded absolutely terrified for her sibling.

Archie shook his head, "Betty, even though your parents don't want to, maybe you should go to the police."

Kevin finally spoke up, "Second it. We can talk to my dad together about how he has to be discreet."

"No offense, Kev, but your dad answers to a higher authority than God: the Blossoms," Jughead stated, "They're the first people that he would tell."

"And if there's anyone to keep this a secret from, it's the Blossoms," Betty added, "They'd twist it around and go after Polly out of spite."

My sister jumped in again, "How can we help? Tell us, B, and we'll do it."

Betty only sighed and shook her head. I turned my head to the side to take a quick nap when I noticed something different.

"Ronnie, is that a new bracelet?" I pointed to her wrist.

She smirked and held it up in the light, "Yep. Needed some retail therapy after our chat with Mom the other day. Don't worry, I got you some stuff too."

I scoffed and turned my head to look up at Jug, "Funny. Was she okay with her adopted daughter making more unreasonable, impulsive decisions? Or did she try to hide that one too?"

Veronica's mouth dropped slightly and I felt all eyes on me. Oh shit.

"You heard that?" Veronica sat up straighter.

"Wait, forget that. You're adopted?" Archie leaned forward.

I sat up from Jughead's lap and rolled my eyes, "We don't have the same last name, Arch. Wasn't it obvious?"

"Well, when you put it that way." The redhead leaned back in his seat.

Veronica shook her head as a form of ignoring Archie's question, "I didn't think you were in the room."

I shrugged my shoulders, "I've always been good at sneaking around, Ron. Normally, I wouldn't have eavesdropped but with all the secrets that Mom's been spilling lately, I had to listen when I heard my name. Just didn't think it would be a conversation about that."

"Okay, you two are talking in code. What is going on?" Betty blurted.

I sighed, "Basically, when Dad went to jail, they signed Ronnie as an official officer of Lodge Industries. Low and behold, Mom and Dad claimed I was too unreasonable with my decision making and therefore, I have no part of Lodge Industries in my name, at all."

"Vanna, you know they love you-" Ronnie tried to reason with me.

I shook my head, "It isn't the fact that they didn't give me anything from the business. It's the fact that they don't trust me to make good decisions based on my past. You and I both know that if it's anyone who shouldn't be judged on their past it's me. Jughead next in line."

I nudged my boyfriend's shoulder gently as he wrapped an arm around me. I saw Archie do a double take as Ronnie smiled knowingly. The bell cut off any further conversations as Ronnie practically ripped me from Jughead's arms and dragged me out of the room, barely giving me time to wave goodbye.

Betty caught up to us quickly as Veronica finally let go of my wrist, "Vanna. Did we just see Riverdale High's very own Holden Caulfield put his arm around you?"

My cheeks burned red as my sister and best friend stared at me, "Okay, so these past few couple of weeks, Jughead and I have been on and off. We kissed at the drive-in closing-" I could hear Ronnie squeal at this, "But argued about our relationship a few days later. We just made up when we went to see Polly and he...asked me out?"

Betty bit her lip excitedly as Ronnie grabbed my hands, "Oh, my God. Swoon!" She took a deep breath before continuing, "Okay, in that case, if he finally gained my sister's trust, well then, Veronica Lodge approves."

I rolled my eyes and shoved her shoulder, "Ronnie, regardless of your approval, Jughead and I were endgame."

I heard Betty burst out laughing at my comment as walked away from them, the smile never once leaving my face.

--

The hunt for Polly Cooper had just gotten severely more frantic as Kevin revealed to us that one of Cheryl's minions overheard the conversation earlier.

"Cheryl just tweeted #PollyCooperKilledMyBrother, #NowhereToHide, #SharpenYourPitchforks."

Betty's jaw dropped as she grabbed Kevin's phone. "Oh, no. We need to find Polly before the Blossoms do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.7K 2.9K 59
With everything that has changed, no one really thought that the culprit would ever be caught and punished. It was like all the hope was lost. "it wi...
280K 4K 39
After hearing about their fathers arrest, Aviana and Jughead move to Southside high. Whilst her brother is writing articles, Aviana feels right at ho...
104K 2.9K 32
Betty is left broken-hearted after her boyfriend humiliated her in front of the entire audience during the last football game of the year, as Betty r...
42.3K 1.1K 54
Savanna feels like there's nothing that can surprise her anymore after living in Riverdale. The town with pep certainly still has a few tricks up its...