Pretty Please Don't Pinch Me

By WordsWithGem

What happened to me is something I could never have dreamed up in my wildest imagination. I mean, no one real... More

Author's Note
1. The Concert
2. The Meet
3. Montgomery Manor
4. The (Non) Date
5. The Morning After
6. Hers
7. Prying Eyes
8. The Invite
9. Meet The Family
10. Sunday Dinner
11. The Aftermath
12. The Call
13. The Swim
14. The Moment
15. The Pick Up
16. Me
17. Mystery Beauty
18. Poppy Elston
19. The Event
20. Never Have I Ever
21. The Return
22. Tattoos
23. Skype
24. The Betrayal
25. An Introductory Faint
26. Prior Engagements
27. Nervous
28. Yesterday
29. Unspeakable Things
30. The Text Message
31. Mementos
32. Some Guy
33. One Thing
34. Firsts
35. Harry
36. The Chase
37. The Old Ball & Chain
38. Famous
39. Charades
40. The Talk
41. Letting Go
42. She Looks So Perfect
43. Blending In
44. Talk Dirty
45. Countless Doubts
46. Kendall Jenner
48. The Riddle
49. The Realisation
50. The Final Night
51. Not Soon Enough
52. Goodbyes
53. Breaking Down
54. Cold Encounters
55. This Is It
56. Gemma is the Better Styles
57. Naked Encounters
58. Caught
59. Brits Ready
60. The Brits
61. Having A Wee
62. The Truth
63. Lost & Found
64. Knock Knock
65. Say Something
66. The Last Time
67. Gone
68. The Funeral
69. The Will
70. Inheritance
71. Kings Road Chelsea
72. One Month Later
73. Bad
74. The Underground
75. Ava Rose
76. The End
77. Ready
78. One More Chance
79. Too Much
80. Memory Lane
81. Only You
82. Back At It Again
83. Exhausted
84. Water Under the Bridge
85. Blackened Steak & Hushed Tones
86. Normal Couples
87. White Girl Wasted
88. All I Want
89. Hungover
90. Making Up or Breaking Up
91. In Plain Sight
92. Pinched
93. Take Two
94. Hopeless
95. Circles
96. Old Faces
97. Taxi Rides & Hotel Rooms
98. Priorities
99. Nostalgia
100. Hope is for the Hopeless
101. Our Moment
A Message
Fanfiction Awards 2017

47. One Night Stand

202K 4K 1.1K
By WordsWithGem

If you enjoy reading my story, and would like a sequel, please show some love by voting, and leave some comments telling me your thoughts about the story so far!

Harry kindly offers to clean up our dishes, due to the fact that my sister cooked.

"Did you have fun last night?" I ask Marnie, once we're alone in Harry's bedroom.

"Honestly, it was probably the best night of my life," she gushes, "It took so much for me not to just scream every time I was introduced to someone new, but thank you," she says excitedly to me, hugging me. "None of this could have happened without you."

"Don't mention it," I shrug. "Though would one of those boys happen to be Niall?" I ask, watching her closely from the corner of my eye for a reaction. She pauses for a second, and continues folding the blanket up that she used from the night before.

"I think so," she says absentmindedly, "Why do you ask?" flicking her eyes to me.

"Just that you were both pretty flirty with each other. I just don't think it's the greatest idea Marnie..."

"Oh my gosh you are seriously making something out of nothing! It was a fun night," she sighs, rolling her eyes.

Maybe I am overthinking it, but Niall was being a little too friendly with her, and the last thing Marnie needs in her final year of schooling is to pine after a One Direction member. Harry mentioned to me that Niall is happy being single, so why put her through getting attached, and then having to read about him hanging out with other girls. I quash what thoughts I have for now, and help Marnie make the bed.

"Whatever you say Marns," I reply, too tired to continue the argument.

I quickly message Scarlett to check that she's still alive, and then return to the kitchen to find Harry putting the last of the dishes away.

"Do you mind dropping us off at home, please?" I ask, while standing on my tiptoes, hastily stealing a quick kiss from him.

"Here, take these," he offers, holding out his set of keys.

"Really? You actually trust me enough not to break it?" I ask, feigning shock.

"Yeah, of course I do," he replies casually. "Because if you break my car, then I break you," he jokes back. I respond by pushing him hard, to which he looses footing for a second, but quickly recovers, grinning.

I think I've well and truly underestimated how hard it is to pretend to be irritated, with someone as good looking as Harry.

"You are such a pain," I accuse, trying to keep a straight face. I take his Calvin Klein sweater before I leave - sorry, my Calvin Klein sweater, and Marnie follows me out to the car. We begin driving and his Range Rover feels so bulky in comparison to my miniature Mini Cooper.

"So how exactly do you plan to tell Mum and Dad you're going to be visiting Harry in London - in just a matter of days?" she asks curiously, the idea sounding a whole lot more intimidating the way that she's worded it.

"It'll fine," I tell her, minimising the importance of the issue, "I've got it covered."

Only I don't have it covered. Not in the slightest.

I know that they'll allow me to go - that isn't quite the issue. But this has snuck up so quickly, and that's how it's always been since meeting Harry. This whole experience has happened so fast for me, but I wouldn't have changed anything about it. It's almost like a relationship on fast forward. You don't have the luxury of time on your side, but instead I'm following my intuition, and trying - for once in my life, to do what I want to do, and not what others want of me.

I run through the countless scenarios of how I'm going to break to them the news that I'm going to London throughout the rest of the drive there, and nothing seems sufficient enough.

Hey Mum. Hey Dad. In just a mere matter of days, I'm jet setting off to Europe to be with my celebrity boyfriend. How's work by the way?

Or how about, Hey fam, I'm just going to the shops to grab some milk. Need anything? Oh yeah, and after that I'm going to London to be with Harry indefinitely.

Ugh, nothing seems to work!

We pull up to the house and Marnie opens the door as the car comes to a halt, though she stays seated as she watches me, unmoving.

"Ava, it's going to be okay. Mum and Dad are reasonable people. Just breathe," she assures me.

"I know," I try to say firmly, yet my voice is wavering. I don't want them to feel like they're losing me, and I don't know if I'm quite ready to leave them.

Getting out of the car, I walk purposely towards the front door. I walk as slowly as I can without drawing attention, but it doesn't seem to be slow enough as eventually, I reach the door.

"Is that you girls?" I hear my dad call out. I find him in his study and he wraps me in for one of his big hugs.

"Hey Dad," I greet, my voice muffled into his shirt, and he kisses the top of my head.

"Hey Kiddo, glad to have you home. You're always out and about these days!" he says light heartedly.

"Says you!" I return.

"Is that the girls?" I hear my mother call out from the kitchen.

She pops her head around the corner to check, and joins us in the study area. She greets us both, and now that both of my parents are in the same room, Marnie takes it as her cue to exit.

Taking a deep breath in, I speak up.

"Mum... Dad, can I have a word with you real quick?" I ask, a little hurried.

Mum raises her eyebrows in concern, "Of course honey, is everything okay?"

How do I even word this?

"Well... Harry and I. Harry and I are becoming quite serious," I state.

My parents both look mildly bewildered at my rambling and I continue.

"He's going on tour again quite soon, and he wants... we want to not be apart for the entire time. He's asked me to stay with him for a bit. To be with him for part of their tour. He wants-"

My mother interrupts my abysmal attempt at a speech, "Ava, it's okay, there's only a certain number of ways you can phrase that sentence, and I think you've got it. When are you planning on visiting him?"

"Friday," I meekly whisper.

"Friday!" my father exclaims. "That's only three days away, honey!"

"Darling," she says, holding my father's arm to calm him. "Ava, this is all pretty sudden. Have you considered this through properly?"

I don't even have to think about my answer because the thought of me not going is not even an option in my mind. I want this relationship to work, and this is the only way I ever see this happening.

"I know this seems sudden, but I have thought about it. A lot. I want to do it Mum. You know how I feel about him. I want to make this work, and this is what I need to do."

She almost looks a little uncertain, but I can tell that she's slowly coming around to the idea.

This time, my dad speaks up, surprising us both, "Look Ava, I love you kids very much, but I think I need to accept the fact that you're not my little girl anymore, and instead you've blossomed into a beautiful, responsible young lady. We trust that you're making the right decision based on your judgement, and we support you in whatever you decide to do."

The room is silent as Mum and I both process what he's just said. Surprising them both, I fling my arms around him, giving him a warm hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I say, kissing him on the cheek. "And who knew Dad was such a sap!" I jokingly point out to Mum, kissing him fondly on his cheek.

"Just make sure you call every day... twice a day!" Mum reminds me. "You don't want me worrying."

"Yeah, I guess," I sigh exaggeratedly, turning the conversation light. "If I ever find the time!"

"Just know that your father and I love you, and are always here for you," she reminds me, getting quite teary.

"Geez, I'm not moving there, calm down!" I laugh and give her a hug.

"And Dad, no matter how old I get, I'll always be your girl," I remind him.

My phone begins to ring and I see that it's from Scarlett.

"I need to take this," I tell them, exiting the room.

"Hey Scarlett, how are you feeling?" I laugh, imagining the killer hangover she's probably dealing with.

"Absolutely amazing, thanks for asking," she replies. "What ended up happening to you all? I looked for you and couldn't find you."

"Where were you looking for us? In Calum's mouth?" I snort.

"Very funny," she sarcastically notes. "But oh my God I can't thank you enough for bringing me. I really needed this to truly get over that cheating piece of shît Jackson. I hope he finds out about it, and regrets doing what he did to me."

"How did you end up getting home?" I ask, unsure if I want to know.

"Funny that you mention that," she replies quite proudly. "Calum just dropped me off home a few minutes ago."

I knew it!

"Oh no, you didn't... did you?" I ask quite cautiously.

"I did!" she answers proudly. "Twice to be exact."

I can't help myself from giggling. "I can't say I approve of your promiscuity, but well done for getting over Jackson. Are you going to see Calum again?"

"I'm not really sure," she replies nonchalantly. "If we do, we do. I'm happy to leave it as a good one-night stand though. Why ruin it?"

Oh Scarlett.

"You free tonight babe?" she asks me.

"I'm not actually. It's Harry's last night in Melbourne, so I'm planning on doing something with him."

"Oh boo," she whines. "I miss single Ava. Though Harry is eerily perfect for you. He's so lovely in person, and I just didn't expect him to be as nice as he was. What has he got planned for tonight though? Something special?"

It suddenly dawns on me that I don't actually know what we're doing. With it being his last night here in Melbourne, I'm assuming we're going to be spending it together. Even if it's something as simple as take out and a movie, I just want to be with him, and make the most of our time together.

"I think just hanging out," I answer. "Look, I have to go and return his car, but I'll speak to you later my dear. Oh, and try not to sleep with any more members of 5 Seconds of Summer," I add on, laughing.

"I can't make any promises," she replies briskly, before hanging up the phone.

I run up to my room, gathering a few items of clothing to bring to Harry's, regardless of what we're doing. I chuck a few dresses, casual t shirts, and pyjamas in my overnight bag, ensuring I'm prepared. My phone goes off from the other side of the room, and I see that the message is from Harry.

'Hey love, don't worry about dropping the car back. I'll pick it up in the morning. See you tomorrow x'

What?

Is he aware that this is his last night here? Call me presumptuous, but I assumed he would have wanted to spend the last night with me. I didn't expect anything special, but I thought we were going to just be together before his flight tomorrow.

'Okay, great.'

I see the alert that he's typing a response, and I patiently wait for it, hoping that this is some kind of practical joke he's playing on me.

'You okay? x'

Am I okay? Am I okay?

Of course I'm not fúcking okay! For what reason could he possibly blow me off like that. What else has come up that's apparently so much more important than me, for him to cancel just like that? I'm a rational person, but I just don't see the logic in his reasoning, and wonder what he's doing.

Or who he's doing it with...

I deliberately ignore his text, and instead choose to message Scarlett.

'Change of plans. Girls night out? ;)'

Question of the chapter: What do you think Harry has chosen to do instead of spending his last night with Ava, and who do you think he's with? (Re readers, don't spoil it please!)

Pleeeease continue voting and commenting. The voting helps out my story in such a major way, and comments give me unlimited hours of entertainment! Please make sure you've voted, and that you're following me on social media for any updates!

Twitter: WordsWithGem
Instagram: gemma.allan
Snapchat: gemma.allan

92.3K Views | Ranked 69th in Fanfics

#PPDPM

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 948 30
A/N: I wrote this book when I was 10 years old so prepare to cringe. 👫👫👫 What would you do if you were taken by four teenagers? Well, you mostly s...
28.1K 1.2K 35
Louis comes to the bakery every morning and he knows everyone there. They know Louis personally that his friends with everyone who works there. There...
6.2K 200 47
Normal, nope. Crazy, definitely! This fanfic is anything but normal. Now you'd expect the whole typical going to a 1D concert and seeing Niall glance...
4K 70 41
It all started at a meet and greet, When Emily gives Liam her phone to take a picture of the two of them. When he has it in his hands, he takes the o...