The Half-Blood Princess / Dra...

By Dil_With_This

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Y/N Snape had made it to Second year, ever since her muggle grand mother d... More

First Things First
Chapter 1-A Death Eater
Chapter 2-Book Shop
Chapter 3-Do i really love her?
Chapter 4-Mandrakes
Chapter 6-Memories and Mudblood
Chapter 7-Murmurs
Chapter 8-Sorry
Chapter 9-Writing on the Wall
Chapter 10-Salazar Slytherin
Chapter 11-Moste Potente Potion
Chapter 12-Blodger Disaster
Chapter 13-Dueling Club
Chapter 14-Polyjuice Potion
Chapter 15-The Diary
Chapter 16-Hermione
Chapter 17-Trust
Chapter 18-Book Page
Chapter 19-The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 20-Home
SEQUEL IS OUT!!

Chapter 5-Circumstances

7.3K 228 209
By Dil_With_This

Chapter 5-Circumstances

  Y/N's POV:

  All of the students went out of the greenhouse moist in sweat, as the fabric of my robe were sticking on my skin. We were now in Transfiguration class, still sweating as I wiped my forehead with the sleeve of my robe. I was sat down beside Draco throughout the lesson, the lesson was usually difficult at some times for me. Everything that I had learned from last year had faded away from summer.

  Ron was in much trouble than some of us, his wand was fixed together with Spellotape, which Draco made fun of, his wand looked worse beyond repaired. It kept crackling and making odd things instead of what we were suppose to do, every time Ron had tried to transfigure a beetle his wand make gray smoke that smelled of rotten eggs making all f us to stop to cover our noses. The gray smoke was blocking Ron's sight he accidentally squashed his beetle with his elbow and asked Professor McGonagall a another one. She was not very pleased by this.

  The lunch bell had rang, as everyone gather their things and got out of the class. I was walking next to Hermione I was carrying the perfect long black scarf that I produced in Transfiguration, Harry and Ron catched up at us not too long, we sat down at the Gryffindor table, still having pathetic expressions with other Slytherins, Ron's mood wasn't improved especially by Hermione showing them the handful of perfect coat buttons she produced in Transfiguration.

  "What've we got this afternoon?" asked Harry, changing the subject.

  "Defence Against The Dark Arts," answered Hermione.

  "Why have you outlined all Lockhart's lessons in little hearts?" demanded Ron seizing her schedule, he's totally in a bad mood.

  Hermione's face turned red as she snatched her schedule back.

  We had finished lunch and went outside in the overcast courtyard. Hermione sat down on a stone as she buried her nose with the book 'Voyage with Vampires' again, as I sat next to her playing with B/N while Harry and Ron talked about Quidditch. Hermione had noticed my Bowtruckle, closed her book, and took a good look at B/N.

  "Is that a-" she started.

  "A Bowtruckle, his name is B/N," I told her.

  "Wow," she said amazed. "I've never seen one before! When have you been taking care of it?"

  "Almost a year, It was given to me in Christmas last year," I told her. We started talking about what we red about Bowtruckles and knowing more about them by examining B/N, he was shy at Hermione at first, but got used to her and started to be like himself again.

  "All right Harry? I'm - I'm Colin Creevey," I heard a boy said ,breathlessly, he was holding what looks like an ordinary muggle camera. "I'm in Gryffindor, too. D'you think - would it be all right if - can I have a picture?"

  "A picture?" asked Harry.

  "So, I can prove that I've met you," he said smiling widely. "I know all about you. Everyone's told me. About how you survived when You-Know-Who tried to kill you and how he disappeared and everything and how you've still got a lightning scar on your forehead, and a boy in my dormitory said if I develop the film in the right potion, the pictures'll move ." Colin took a deep breath of excitement and said, "It's amazing here, isn't it? I never knew all the odd stuff I could do was magic till I got the letter from Hogwarts. My dad's a milkman, he couldn't believe it either. So I'm taking loads of pictures to send home to him. And it'd be really good if I had one of you"  he looked at Harry, still smiling widely, "maybe your friend could take it and I could stand next to you? And then, could you sign it?"

  "Signed photos? You're giving out signed photos , Potter?" Draco's voice echoed from the back, he stopped behind Colin it was quite surprising that he was out of Hogwarts, he usually was inside Hogwarts, along with his two servants, Crabbe and Goyle. I immediately stood up, knowing that there would be a little argument around.

  "Everyone line up!" Shout Draco around the crowd. "Harry Potter's giving out signed photos!"

  "No, I'm not," said Harry anrily, as his fists clenched. "Shut up, Malfoy."

  "You're just jealous," said Colin, his body was as thick as Crabbe's neck.

  "Jealous?" said Draco, not needing to shout as half ovthe crowd from the courtyard was now listening. "Of what? I don't want a foul scar right across my head, thanks. I don't think getting your head cut open makes you that special, myself."

  I looked straight to Draco's gray eyes as I saw his eyes flickered, Filthy Potter, I looked surprised from Draco's voice popping up in my head. Did I just red his mind? I thought to myself, it was confusing.

  "Eat slugs, Malfoy," said Ron angrily, Crabbe stopped laughing.

  "Be careful, Weasley," sneered Draco at Ron. "You don't want to start any trouble or your Mommy'll have to come and take you away from school." He smirked, he put his voice into a high pitch and said, "If you out a another toe out of line-"

  A huge laughter from the other Slytherins in fifth-year came loudly.

  "Weasley would like a signed photo, Potter," smirked Draco. "It'd be worth more than his family's whole house-"

  Ron had pulled out his wand covered in Spellotape, as Hermione shut his book of Voyages with Vampires with a snap and whispered, "Look out!"

  "What's all this, what's all this?" Gilderoy Lockhart was striding up to us with his long turquoise robe following behind him.

  "Who's giving out signed photos?" Asked Lockhart, Harry started but cut off shortly by Lockhart stretching his arm and resting them around Harry's shoulders. "Shouldn't have asked! We meet again, Harry!"

  I looked at the crowd of people from Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor and Slytherin, seeing Draco slide smirking at Harry.

  "Come on then, Mr. Creevey,"  said Lockhart, still pinning Harry beside him. "A double portrait, can't do better than that, and we'll both sign it for you."

  Colin hurried his camera up to his face to capture a good picture of Harry and Lockhart, as he had clicked the camera the bell had rung, signaling the next class.

  "Off you go, move along there," Lockhart called to the crowd, as he set off to the castle beside Harry, some students followed Lockhart from behind to the castle. Hermione and Ron had disappeared from the crowd, as I was left behind while Draco walked beside me.

  "Why do you even hang out with a Mudblood, a Blood-traitor and a filthy Half-Blood?" asked Draco as I elbowed him.

  "Stop threatening my friends! And besides Harry isn't the only Half-blood here," I told him, as he realized what I meant.

  "Oh, sorry," he mumbled, as I looked surprised, sorry? That was new I thought to myself.

  "What was that? I didn't hear anything," I said, pretending that I did not hear what he said.

  "I said 'sorry'," he said, not sounding 'sorry' anymore. "Do you need hearing aids? Or do Madam Pomfrey need to check your ears for you?"

  "Geeze, calm down. Can't even get a joke," I told him, as I saw Crabbe and Goyle at the corner of my eye smirking at the both us as we got inside the castle and to Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. The rest of the students got inside the classroom, Hermione and Ron has sat down at either side of Harry as I sat down next to Draco with Goyle at the other side, while Millicent was sat down behind us with Crabbe and Pug face Parkinson.

  "You could've fried an egg on your face" I heard Ron said to Harry. "You'd better hope Creevey doesn't meet Ginny, or they'll be starting a Harry Potter fan club."

  I giggled lightly at Ron's comment. "Shut up," snapped Harry, when everyone was seated Lockhart cleared his throat to affect everyone's attention to him. He walked forward, towards Neville and reached his hand to a copy of Travels with Trolls, and held it up for everyone to see his face at the cover of the book, it was himself winking at the portrait.

  "Me," said Lockhart, pointing at his picture and winking as well. "Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-time winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award but I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!"

  He waited for someone to laugh, a few smiled weakly as I rolled my eyes and frowned. Get me out of this hell! I thought to myself.

  "I see you've all bought a complete set of my books - well done. I thought we'd start today with a little quiz. Nothing to worry about - just to check how well you've read them, how much you've taken in-"

  He started handed out test papers, and as all of us already have test papers he looked at the class again. "You have thirty minutes - start - now!"

  I looked down at the test paper and frown. I started reading it, all of the questions was like:

  1. What is Gilderoy Lockhart s favorite color?

  2. What is Gilderoy Lockhart's secret ambition?

  3. What, in your opinion, is Gilderoy Lockhart's greatest achievement to date?

  "This must have been a joke," whispered Draco at me.

  "Ugh, I can't believe Dumbledore hiring this ugly oaf bit," I whispered back, as he sniggered as well as Goyle.

  I looked back at my test paper, as I saw the questions going on and on until it went to number 54.

  54. When is Gilderoy Lockhart's birthday, and what would his ideal gift be?

  I started answering the questions, I looked at Hermione and she was writing on and on, I wrote all of my questions not knowing why I know them. I looked at Hermione again and looking at her eyes, What is Gilderoy Lockhart's occupation? Oh, an author, a Professor and a Founder and Leader of a Duelling Club, I was shocked again by Hermione's voice inside my head. Am I going mad? I thought to myself, but shrugged it off and focus on my test paper.

  Thirty minutes had pass, Lockhart had gathered all of our test papers and looking through them.

  "Tut, tut - hardly any of you remembered that my favorite color is lilac. I say so in Year with the Yeti . And a few of you need to read Wanderings with Werewolves more carefully - I clearly state in chapter twelve that my ideal birthday gift would be harmony between all magic and non-magic peoples - though I wouldn't say no to a large bottle of Ogdeds Old Firewhisky!" He said, as he gave everyone a another wink making me want vomit.

  Ron was now looking at Lockhart with the same expression as I'm, with disbelief, while Seamus and Dean were silently laughing. Hermione on the other hand was looking at Lockhart with her whole attention to him and looked shocked with he mentioned her name.

  "... but Miss Hermione Granger knew my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil and market my own range of hair-care potions - good girl! In fact" - he flipped her paper over and continue talking, "full marks! Where is Miss Hermione Granger?"

  Hermione raised her trembling hand up in the air.

  "Excellent!" said Lockhart. "Quite excellent! Take ten points for Gryffindor! And so - to business-"

  He had bent down on his desk and carried a huge cage covered with a piece of long blanket on top of his desk.

  "Now - be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind! You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. All I ask is that you remain calm."

  The classroom was in silence, Seamus and Dean stopped laughing, as I leaned around from the pile of my books that was written by dumb ass Lockhart.

  "I must ask you not to scream," said Lockhart in a low voice. "It might provoke them."

  As the whole class were full of curiosity and holding their breaths, as Lockhart continued to talk.

  "Just get on with it!" I whined as some Slytherins laugh, but Lockhart didn't mind to care. He took the piece of long blanked off the cage and saw Cornish Pixies.

  "Yes," he said dramatically. "Freshly caught Cornish pixies."

  Really? Our first class at DADA is about Cornish Pixies? You've got to be kidding me, I thought to myself resting my right heck on top of my right hand. Seamus can't control himself anymore, he snorted a laugh as everyone in the classroom can hear his laugh.

  "Yes?" said Lockhart smiling at Seamus.

  "Well, they're not - they're not very - dangerous , are they?" Seamus choked, as Lockhart smirked.

  "Don't be so sure!" said Lockhart, pointing his finger up, annoyingly. "Devilish tricky little blighters they can be!"

  The pixies that I got at home was just like them, but more tamed. They were wiggling around the cage and trying to get out, their height of eight inches and their electric blue skin color make them look like an alien.

  "Right then," said Lockhart loudly. "Let's see what you make of them!" And he opened the cage.

  The pixies shot every direction of the room, making a huge mess all over the room. Two of then had gone up to Neville and pulled him up clutching  his ears with their tiny hands, they had lifted him up in the air and hanged him up the chandelier, while students started rummaging out of the classroom. Me, Hermione, Harry and Ron was under the table trying to avoid the pixies. The piles of book from every desk of students were knocked off, Lockhart's winking face from the cover weren't winking anymore, it was frightened. I took a book and started hitting some pixies away from us, as thee three did the same. I saw Draco, along with Crabbe and Goyle, being attacked by pixies, I ran up to them and hit some of the pixies away, as the three started running off the room.

  "Come on now - round them up, round them up, they're only pixies," Lockhart shouted, he rolled up his sleeves and pulled out his wand, "Peskipiksi Pesternomi!"

  It absolutely didn't have any effect, the pixies were still flying around the classroom, still making a mess. The time Lockhart had said the spell, one pixie had took his wand and started playing with it. The bell had rang, and the students that didn't let the classroom had gone running out of the room, Lockhart had straightened up and caught sight of the four of us almost at the door.

  "Well, I'll ask you three to just nip the rest of them back into their cage." He swept out of the door, passing us and shutting the door.

  "Can you believe him?!" I said, angrily. "Unbelievable!"

  "He just wants to give us some hands-on experience," said Hermione, as i rolled my eyes. I pulled out my wand as well as Hermione, as we had the same idea.

  "Hands on?" said Harry, trying to get away with some pixies trying to snatch his glasses. "Hermione, he didn't have a clue what he was doing-"

  "Rubbish," snap Hermione. "You've read his books - look at all those amazing things he's done-"

  "He says he's done," Ron muttered.

  "Besides, books can be misleading, mione. Not because he wrote it, doesn't mean it's true! Sometimes words from the author on their books aren't true!" I told her, as I hit one pixie with the book in my hand.

  "That's a lot of rubbish!" said Hermione.

  "You'll believe what I'm saying one day, mione," I told her, me and Hermione held our wand up in the air.

  "Immobulus!" We both said, as the pixies freezes.

  "That could have been helpful, if you two have done that earlier!" shout Ron. The three of us leg the classroom and head down to the next class.

  At break time, the four of us were sat down at the Gryffindor table, as I ignore the murmurs from the Slytherins. After for awhile of talking and eating, one student had came up to me from Slytherin, then I realized it was Abner.

  "Y/N, Professor Snape want to talk to you in his office," he said.

  "What time?" I asked.

  "Now," he said, as I nodded and stood up gathering my things.

  "I'll catch up to you guys at the next class," I told them as they all nodded. I fast walk out of the Great Hall and to the duungeons where Severus' office is. I knocked on the door and it swung open by itself, I saw Severus sat down at his desk writing something.

  "What are we gonna talk about?" I asked, sitting down at the chair in front of his desk.

  "Do you know the circumstances in the future if you continue being friends with the three of them?" He asked me, I know whose he talking about, Hermione, Ron and Harry.

  "No," I said, blankly.

  "The Dark Lord will use you, if he ever comes back, he will use you to fool the three of them, especially Potter," he said, as he put his quill down.

  "I'm still allowed to be friends with them?" I asked him, hopeful.

  "Of course, you can. But, note this, when the time comes you will find yourself in the biggest decision you have to make, I think you already know that."

  "Yes."

  "Do you really wanna do that?" He asked me.

  "Yes, I wanna help. I'm born to do this."

  "You aren't born to do this. This is your decision. Do you really wanna do that?"

"Yes, absolutely sure. If it takes to take my blood to save the people that I care, I will do this."

  "Don't do this if you can't do-"

  "I can do this! Even if the Dark Lord drinks my blood I don't care! There's a reason why they had given me this kind of blood." I was now in tears, as Severus nodded slowly. My heart was now pounding like it was gonna rip off from my skin. The hot tears that was falling down my cheeks, Burns, I don't know why, but it does.

  "But, you aren't the only one who's going to have a tough decision in the future," he asked.

  "Who?" I asked.

  "Draco Malfoy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was eventful!

Thank God I don't have any assignments this weekend and I can update whenever I want! Haha! I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! If you guys don't know I actually already have a plan to all of the sequels for this, I'm really struggling to have an idea for the third book, if you guys have any suggestions please let me know! I would love to write them!

~Sophia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45K 813 10
Y/N Richwood was a shy Slytherin girl that liked being alone and lived a boring life. Then everything changed when she got paired for a potion projec...
201K 12K 93
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
15.9K 422 7
(EDIT, OCT 13 2020: please for the love of god stop leaving rude comments on this before I delete it. I was 12 when I wrote these. I don't know what...
48.2K 895 23
You're a muggle born and you are also destined to be a Slytherin.This book will focus on Y/n's 1st and 2nd year at hogwarts. Of course there will be...