November Rain // muke

By gothboi5sos

Michael always plays guitar with his garage door rolled up and Luke's always watering his flowers in the hous... More

November Rain // muke
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-four (continued)
epilogue

chapter thirteen

1.4K 68 31
By gothboi5sos

Luke

Michael didn't lie when he said he'd make a playlist full of indie and pop-punk just for the date. He was listening to All Time Low right now, Dear Maria, Count Me In playing through the speakers.

"Okay, so I didn't wanna be weird and put love songs cause we just kind met, so I filled it with songs that kinda remind me of you." Michael explained and Luke shrugged ad he looked at him.

"Well why does this song remind me of you?"

"You want an honest answer?" He asked, and his green eyes met Luke's briefly before turning back to the road, though it was pretty much cleared out.

"Of course I do." Luke smiled, crossing his legs as he leaned back in his seat, the cold air running in through the windows.

"It doesn't really. It had this line where Alex sings about someone being wrapped around a finger it's like, you. Literally just you pop in my head. Plus, I also imagine you're the kinda person to jump around and sing the lyrics when songs like this come on." Michael shrugged and Luke looked down at his thigh boots, playing with the edge that wrapped round his leg perfectly.

"Yeah?"

Michael nodded as he tapped his thumb on the steering wheel. "Plus, you like All Time Low, right? That's also why."

"I love them." Luke corrected, smiling as he stared at the stereo. "Every song that's played I've loved, even if I didn't know the name of it or the artist."

"Then it was a success." Michael grinned happily as Luke looked up through the sunroof of the car. He watched the stars pass and as the song switched, he turned to look at Michael.

He didn't know how he got here, sitting in the passenger side of a senior's car on their way to a restaurant for their first date. He could have sworn that every boy ever besides his two best friends would try to stay away from him in fear of being called a fag or a loser.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"I mean, it's kinda weird being on a date. I haven't went on one since the eighth grade." He admitted as he played with his ring. "Kinda surreal."

"You're counting the drive as apart of the date?" Michael chuckled as he turned his blinker on, slowing the car down as he made a turn.

"Yeah, cause' it's just me and you in the car with some really nice songs playing." Luke shrugged as Michael left only one hand on the steering wheel, the other resting on the center console beside Luke's.

"Wouldn't call them nice, just catchy and upbeat." Michael shrugged. "I'll take your word for it though. I'm just trying to impress you."

"You don't have to. Just be yourself." Luke advised as Michael held his hand, their fingers lacing together. "I like you."

"Thanks for the tip, next time I'll just throw on a leather jacket and ripped jeans. I spent nearly an hour looking for clothes that weren't washed with scissors and didn't have strange patches and studs on it." Michael admitted as they crossed a well lit up bridge over a river.

"Please? I like your ripped jeans and jackets." Luke told him as they hit a red light. The older boy nodded, looking at Luke as he waited for the light to turn green.

"You know, you're actually so gorgeous."

"Thank you." Luke smiled as Yellowcard began to play, one of his favourite songs ever. "Oh! I love this song!"

Michael nodded and turned the radio up a bit more for him, and Luke began singing along to Ocean Avenue louder than he should have. He thought he was a bad singer, but when Michael gave him the 'holy shit' look, he began to blush and quiet down.

"Sorry, I'm uh, I'm bad at singing."

"No. Not even. You're so good." Michael gushed, and Luke turned away from him, looking outside of his window. "You should be famous."

"No, no I'm good. I don't want to be a singer." He shook his head and looked at Michael again. "Light is green."

"Right. Right." He nodded and then turned to the road, pushing the gas pedal and pulling into a vintage looking part of a town.

He found a parking spot quickly, by someone pulling out as soon as he drove past, and Luke unbuckled his seatbelt as Michael parked the car. "Come on." Michael hummed as he grabbed his keys and opened the door.

Michael paid the meter by the front of the car and Luke pulled his slightly cropped sweater down his stomach before walking up to Michael. The two held hands as they walked up to a restaurant that was literally resting atop a river.

"What if it falls while we eat?"

"I can swim, can you?" The older boy smiled teasingly, and Luke rolled his eyes as he laughed. Michael held the door open for him and Luke walked in, immediately getting looks from people.

"It's a long wai-"

"I have a reservation. I called in earlier this week, Clifford?" Michael asked and the lady behind the booth didn't seem to believe him, but she still checked.

"Right here. Of course Mr. Clifford, follow me." She smiled fakely as she grabbed two menus.

They followed her to a table outside, fairy lights hung up around the edge of the roof and the gate that kept the patio from being hazardous. Michael pulled Luke's chair out for him, and he blushed as he thanked him and took a seat.

"Can I get you boys any drinks tonight?"

"I'm driving and underaged, so I just want a soda." Michael laughed and Luke rolled his eyes as he rested his chin on top of his folded hands. "What about you, flower?"

"I um... a water with lemon please." Luke smiled and the waitress nodded as she handed them menus.

"I'll be back shortly."

She walked away and Luke looked at Michael. "Reservation? Alcohol jokes to the waitress? Are you really only going to be eighteen?" He asked and Michael laughed.

"Old soul, I guess." He shrugged and Luke looked over the edge of the gate, peering down at the river. "Planning on going for a swim?"

"No thank you. I spent too long trying to look good to ruin it by swimming in waters colder than my soul." Luke told him and Michael laughed as their eyes met.

"The water must be pretty warm then,  if it'd as 'cold as your soul'." Michael taunted, and Luke shook his head. "Wait! I guess you can call it... luke-warm."

"How long were you waiting for that one?" Luke laughed and Michael shrugged.

"I mean, I wasn't, but since the chance was handed to me on a silver platter, I had to." Michael winked and the younger blonde rolled his eyes as he played with his sleeves.

"Of course you did." Luke smiled and Michael asked about his favorite topic ever: clothes, makeup, and shoes.

"How many pairs of boots do you have like that?" He asked and Luke looked down at his shoes.

"Four." Luke chuckled and dusted the top of his legs off. "Tan, black, burgundy, and pink."

"Shit, how much were they? They look expensive as hell." Michael gaped and Luke smiked.

"Only like... a hundred and something..."

"Your parents have to be rich to afford your expensive taste." Michael shook his head. "All my shoes are under a hundred because I'm broke and my parents are broke."

"My dad makes a lot of money yeah. My mom doesn't work though, she's a stay at home." Luke explained. "She didn't want me to be asking after my older brothers left, so she stayed home, but after Calum and Ashton came into the picture, she just got too used to being at home and decided to be a housewife."

"I mean, whatever she wants, right?" Michael told him and Luke nodded. "My parents both work. It kinda sucks since I'm literally an only child, but it's nice cause I can sing screamo songs and not get harshly judged."

"I'd love to see that. What's your go-to song?" Luke asked and Michael was silent as his eyes ran over a menu.

"Anything Sleeping With Sirens or Pierce The Veil." Michael confessed. "It's just whatever comes on."

"My voice is too delicate for that. I'd sound like a whiny cliché girl if I tried." Luke shook his head as the waitress came back, handing them their drinks.

"Can I get you guys any appetizers?" She asked and the two looked at each other since they really haven't looked at the menus much.

Oops, Luke thought as he smiled sheepishly, looking over the menu as Michael verbally apologized for needing an extra second or two to decide.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 848 61
⤷ i've got the best friends in this place.
3.9K 65 41
living like the kids that band members have raised..das it
57.4K 2.9K 25
Bad boys have more fun, they drink all your seven dollar milkshakes and don't text you back, but Luke and Michael might be having too much fun.
997 92 47
In which Michael was homeless and Luke is a Student. All Rights Reserved the_mo_ment 2018