Kryptonite ;One Direction;

By willingtofall

When Christina Greenwell reconnects with childhood best friend Niall Horan, she didn't expect 4 boys to be wi... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Pilot
Chapter Two: Fabulous Six
Chapter Three: New Student Fever
Chapter Four: Settling In
Chapter Five: Unleashing The Fan Girls
Chapter Six: Formally Yours
Chapter Seven: The Morning After
Chapter Eight: Tricking Rather Than Treating
Chapter Nine: Fear Stricken
Chapter Ten: As Dawn Rises
Chapter Eleven: Awaken My Heart
Chapter Twelve: Dilemmas
Chapter Thirteen: Now What?
Chapter Fourteen: Gossip Fever
Chapter Fifteen: Attraction 101
Chapter Sixteen: Getting Down and Dirty
Chapter Seventeen: Working The Crowd
Chapter Eighteen: All The Girls
Chapter Nineteen: The First One Is The Worst One
Chapter Twenty: One-On-One
Chapter Twenty-One: Serenade Me
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dance Like We're On Fire
Chapter Twenty Four: Recognizable
Chapter Twenty-Five: Chances Worth Taking
Chapter Twenty-Six: Permission Needed
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Liar's Game
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Three's a Crowd
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Healing The Sick
Chapter Thirty: Not Like The Others
Chapter Thirty-One: Pleasing To The Eye
Chapter Thirty-Two: Breathless
Chapter Thirty-Three: Two Is Better Than One
Chapter Thirty-Four: I Want To Go Home
Chapter Thirty-Five; Party Of Five, Not Six
Chapter Thirty-Six: I Can't Wait Another Day
Chapter Thirty-Seven: My Reasons
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Time-Bomb
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Time Lapse
Chapter Forty: A Very Merry Christmas
Chapter Forty-One: Painful Partings
Chapter Forty- Two: Doppleganger
Chapter Forty-Three: Sick Little Games
Chapter Forty- Four: Complications
Chapter Forty- Five: Ringing In Hell
Chapter Forty-Six: There Are Worst Things I Could Do
Chapter Forty-Seven: His Girl Friday
Chapter Forty-Eight: Big Fat Liar
Chapter Forty-Nine: Gotta Be You
Chapter Fifty: Touch Me
Chapter Fifty-One: Double Standards
Chapter Fifty-Two: All The Wrong Answers
Chapter Fifty- Three: Redemption
Chapter Fifty- Four: Hell Week
Chapter Fifty- Five: Cold Feet
Chapter Fifty- Six: Curtain Call
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Kryptonite

Chapter Twenty-Two: Working The Public

106K 668 118
By willingtofall

Fingertips grazed across my bare thighs. My eyes snapped to the boy who was sitting next to me. He grinned as he leaned in and started to kiss my neck. My mouth dropped open as a quiet moan escaped my lips. In a blur, I ended up in his lap. His hands were pushing up the skirt I had on. My own fingers pulled down his blazer in a frenzy. 

"God," they mumbled into my neck. I moved so I was straddling him, drinking him in entriely. The layers separating us was killing me. "Oh, Chris," he groaned. His hands went from my skirt to my dress shirt. He worked on unbuttoning it, my black lacy bra exposed. His lips kissed all over, my hands tangling in his chocolate curls.

"Harry."

My eyes shot open. What. The. Actual. Hell. Did I really just dream that? The quilt fell off of me and I suddenly became aware of my surroundings. I had fallen asleep on the couch once I got home after lunch. It was Friday, and the clock read that is was 4:30. I quickly hopped up and raced to the shower. Shit, I meant to set an alarm for my nap.

I had my hair up in a towel and was putting on a the one pair of lacy undergarments I owned. I shuddered when I though back to the dream and who I wanted to rip them off of me. I need a cold drink of water. As I threw back the cup, I called Abi, knowing that she would be home. She picked up after the third ring.

"What's up, girlfriend?" She sounded like she was mid-chew. I laughed as I shook my hair out.

"I need your help pronto."

"Oh yea! Niall told me you were going out tonight to some award thing. He showed me a photo of your dress! Want me to come over and do your makeup? I have ideas that would tie in the silver."

"And hair?" I pleaded with a small voice.

"Of course, Chris," Abi laughed. "Be there in 10! Blow dry your hair- I know you, I can't work with a wet canvas!" She hung up and I walked back into the bathroom. I blow dried my hair and was finishing as the doorbell rang. I covered myself with a towel and let Abigail in. "Go get dressed, doll!" She sat down at my desk and pulled out her bag of makeup- my literal life savior. I stepped into my bedroom and put on the elegant gown. It fit like a glove. The dress gave off just enough cleavage to remain elegant.  "How is it even possible that it looks even better in person?!" Abi made me sit on the bed as she began to apply foundation to my face. I sat patiently and didn't try to mess her up. She finished with my face but didn't let me look in a mirror. "I want to finish your hair before you can see the finished look!"

After using a curler and playing with my hair for half an hour, she finally finished. She let me look in the bathroom mirror and I gasped.

"Abi, you're a miracle worker!" That wasn't me looking back. My hair was cascading off my left shoulder, spilling in soft curls. My long side bangs fell just right and skimmed past my eyes for a sultry and mysterious.

"I'm just letting your natural beauty shine." Abi smiled as I looked at myself. My blue eyes popped with the smokey eye Abigail gave me. My lips had on scarlet lipstick, and all my imperfections were... Well, perfect. I couldn't look away until the obnoxious buzzing from my phone against the countertop interrupted. I picked it up to read Niall's text.

Niall: Hey we're coming to pick you up!

"What shoes should I wear?" I started to panic. My stomach started to churn in different directions- what if this was too much? As if Abigail could sense my panic, she was already shuffling through my closet to see what shoes I had. She pulled out my mom's old sparkly silver heels and tossed them to me. I slipped them on and stood up carefully. The door bell rang and Abigail told me to calm down, giving my arm a soft squeeze.

"Chrissy, you look so beautiful tonight. Just breathe," she coached me through a few breaths before she went and answered it. I put my phone in a simple clutch after texting my mom and telling her the plans. I walked with ease into the living room where I could see Niall talking to Abigail. Niall looked handsome in a dark grey tuxedo. He played it up with white converse to still have his own style incorporate. I saw Abigail smile and brush some hair behind her ear. Flirt it girl!

I smiled before walking out. Niall's eyes met mine and an even bigger smiled reached his face. "Whoa, who is this beautiful thang?" his accent was heavy.

"Not too shabby yourself, Horan." I rolled my eyes as Zayn popped his head into my living room.

"Woah! Hot mama alert!" Zayn whistled as I turned around slowly. Zayn was wearing a light grey suit but his dress shirt was plaid, while Niall's was plain white. 

"Talk about smokin'," I laughed at the comment as he came over and bowed for my hand. He picked it up delicately and kissed the top of it. "A real smoke show one would say." He pulled me to the kitchen. "Liam! Look at our baby growing up!" Zayn cooed once we entered the small room. Liam had on a white dress shirt with a black peter pan collar, and a black vest. His black slacks fit him well and he had on dress shoes. Liam's face light up when he saw me. I liked the tight fit on him.

"Our baby is growing up! Come give me a hug!" He opened his arms and I hugged him happily. "Where's Louis? And Harry?"

"Probably making out in the car." Zayn smirked.

"Ew!" I smacked Zayn in the chest.

"What? Jealous?" Zayn cocked an eyebrow as Liam coughed with laughter.

"I hate y'all," I rolled my eyes and walked out of the kitchen back to the two flirting in my living room. "Get her number!" I sang to Niall as I walked out of the door of my apartment, knowing Abigail would lock up for me. I walked down the stairs carefully. Harry was leaning against the car with his hands in his pockets while Louis stood in front of him talking. Louis was looking handsome in his typical fun red pants, a blue dress shirt and a white collar, stripped suspenders and black oxfords. Louis looked over for a second before his head snapped back to me. He smiled and hit Harry's arm. Harry glared at Louis before looking in my direction. Harry's eyes widened as he took in my whole look.

Harry had on a white dress shirt and a navy blue suit jacket. He had on dark dress pants and shoes. His curly hair was perfect as always. To top off the look, he had on a bow tie that was the same color as his jacket and my dress. 

Louis walked over to me first. He hugged me gently before pulling away and kissing my temple. "I knew this dress would be perfect on you. I just knew." He smiled and stepped away, letting Harry push himself off his car. Harry took his hands out of his pockets and wrapped them around my waist. He hugged me a little tighter then the others and laid a gentle kiss on my cheek. I didn't let me mind think about how his lips paused. I moved my head away from him.

"I have a sexy girlfriend," Harry's comment made my cheeks heat up. His warm hand took one of my cheeks as he stared at me, like a new found person as he drank in my entire look. Louis cleared his throat, causing us to separate- forgetting we had an audience. "Such a block," Harry rolled his eyes as Louis laughed. Harry opened the car door and pulled out a box. "I hope you like them." Harry stood in front of me and opened the box for me to see. My jaw dropped instantly.

"Harry, no-"

"Chrissy, please." My eyes moved back up to Harry's. He gave me the biggest puppy eyes. For some reason, my thoughts went back to that stupid dream I had earlier. My cheeks heated up and Harry smiled, not knowing the real reason why. The box had a set of beautiful pearl earrings, and a simple, but elegant pearl necklace. Harry handed the box to Louis and he lifted the necklace out carefully. "May I?" He grinned. I turned around and held up my hair carefully. Harry's fingers brushed against my neck, sending tingles down my arms. Louis handed me the earrings and I put them in quickly as Harry fastened the necklace. Harry grabbed my hand and turned me around.

"Well?" I said after a moment of silence.

"You look like a princess," Louis smiled before he kissed my forehead again. 

"I can't let you do this. You spoil way too much and-"

"We know, just let us." Harry laughed. I heard Zayn's laugh as he clattered down the stairs. I looked over my shoulder to see Niall and Abigail walking down after Liam. 

"I locked up for you," Abigail said once she was in ear shot.

"Thank you so much," I smiled and gave her one last hug. 

"Shall we go?" Liam clapped his hands and we all piled in carefully. I saw Niall hug Abigail before saying something and getting in Louis' car. I got in the passenger seat of Harry's car. Zayn was in the back, too busy typing on his phone to pay attention to me. I turned to Harry who was focused on the road. I got out my phone and sent a twitter update.

Tina_Green: On the way to my first award show! :) 

I didn't even manage to set my phone in my lap before it buzzed again.

NiallOffical: @Tina_Green My bestie is playing with the big kids now!

Real_Liam_Payne: @Tina_Green looks so gorg tonight! Way to go Hazza

I blushed as I put my phone away. I looked over at Harry as he concentrated on driving. He was so adorable when he was focused. His green orbs never left the road and his jaw line was prominent. He had a chocolate waterfall of curls falling to one side of his head. 

I let my eyes drift away back to the road, a small smile on my face. Harry checked behind his shoulder before one of his hands slowly reached over and rested on my knee. I looked down before looking at him. Harry sent me a small smile as I slowly placed my hand on top of his. I pushed down the flutters- this was genuine, not just for the cameras. Maybe he was nervous.

We pulled up after an hour of driving. Halfway through, Harry had put on some tunes and we all sang along. Zayn then launched us into a conversation about space and I switched the topic to Sarah and him.  Zayn admitted to being attracted to her. We all got out and the boys handed their keys to valet parkers. Harry's hand found mine and he pulled me close again, our bodies like magnets instantly. It was habit to be in his orbit.

Cameras were lined up as we stepped onto the red carpet. I'm sure I looked like a deer caught in headlights with so many people, fans and interviewers alike. People were lined and screaming at the boys and I tried my best to keep up.

"Harry! Harry! Over here!" Voices shouted as microphones were being shoved over the velvet rope. Bright flashes nearly blinded me but I continued to smile like I found the cure for cancer. Harry's hand trailed to my lower back, his fingers playing against the fabric gently. We had trailed behind the other boys, remaining attached to each other's hip.

"Are you okay? You look pale," he said into my ear.

"I always look pale," I responded. I earned a smile and a kiss on the cheek from him as fans screamed. Every touch was amplified and I tried to let it all wash over me- not getting caught up in how each stroke of his hand was fire against my skin.

"Aw!" A voice cooed loudly. I turned my head and my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. Selena Gomez was cooing at us. Selena. Gomez. I've never met this many famous people! "Can I just say- you two are so adorable!"

"Thanks," I squeaked. "I'm-"

"I know who you are!" She pulled me into a hug. After she let go, she gave Harry one, before looking at me. "I'm so jealous of you!"

"Of me?" That was ironic.

"Yes! Five beautiful boys around almost all the time! I wish I could have that... Oh, don't tell Justin I said that!" She laughed.

"Is Justin here?" Harry's arm went back to my waist comfortably.

"He is but he got pulled for a performance. Are you performing later?"

"No, just enjoying tonight for once" Harry said with a smile. "When you see Justin, tell him to find Niall, alright? It's all he's been talking about since we were in the studio with him."

"Will do!" Selena smiled.

"Excuse me!" A journalist wailed. We all looked over at the mans screeching for our attention. "Can I have a picture?" He help up his massive camera. We looked at each other before nodding. Selena put her arm on my upper back lightly, leaving me in the middle. I smiled, hoping I looked decent enough to pass off as a celebrity. This was insanity- I was just a girl whose entire world was flipped upside down.

"Well I got to get moving. We'll chat later!" With one last squeeze, Selena was gone.

"I just met Selena Gomez," I repeated slowly. Harry tilted his head back and laughed before kissing my lower cheek, his lips dangerously close to my outer lip. Cameras went crazy at that. My insides were going crazy as well. His lips were so close to mine...

"You're a cute fangirl," Harry laughed as we walked down the carpet slowly. His hand was trailing lower until I hit him. "What?" He smirked.

"We're in public! Don't grab my ass," I hissed. 

"Babe," he stopped and his eyes went to mine. He raised an eyebrow before slowly whispering, "There's pictures of me shoving my tongue down..." He trailed off, letting me catch the hint. Right... The pictures of Elizabeth and him. "I think I can touch you affectionately and I need you to smile now."

I was in the middle of shooting him a glare before I turned it into a tight lip smile for outsiders to think I was leaning in to say a sweet nothing to him. Instead I ended up whihspering, "Karmas a bitch."

"Is it bad to say I'm a little aroused by your glare?"

"Harry!" My jaw dropped before he grinned.

"You're sexy when you are mad!" In the cheeky playboy moment, his hand cupped my butt quickly. I leaned my arm in and pinched him. He slung his arm back around my waist, not as low, but still low. He kissed the outer corner of my lip again, lingering for a second. I felt my toes curl slightly, and I closed my eyes. My stomach was fluttering. It wasn't a kiss, but it was close. Close enough to get my heart racing. "Let's go inside."

What was Harry doing to me?

(Edited June 2024)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 324 25
When all of Lucy's best friends have boyfriends she's feeling down to say the least. There is one boy though, Harry Styles, who she is crazy about. A...
5.3M 42.1K 92
Maya Hartman was never into One Direction. The twenty-six year old girl, living alone in an apartment in New York City and working at a girls' clothi...
178K 1.6K 35
Like any serious love stories, most end in happiness. El thought she was in love. She had the perfect life: She was dating Harry Styles, from the fa...
3.2K 203 38
I'm dangerously inlove with my bestfriend bummer is, he doesn't feel the same. ...