Believe in Me

By BeStrong1998

After a terrible accident Anna(a Lovatic) finds out she has cancer and is then placed into an abusive foster... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Author's Note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Authors Note
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
IMPORTANT
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
A/N
Chapter 66
A/N
Chapter 67
A/N:
A/N
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76

Chapter 34

2.8K 74 6
By BeStrong1998

Demi's POV

I was awoken by Anna tossing and turning in her sleep. I picked up my phone to check the time.

3:24 a.m.

I thought Anna had woken up and was just trying to get comfortable again so I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her over to me to cuddle with her. She screamed and started kicking. She was having another nightmare. She hadn't gotten one for a while now. I shook her trying to get her to wake up, but she wouldn't she just kept screaming and struggling. She was sweating and crying in her sleep. I ran to the bathroom and soaked a rag in cold water and ran back to her and put it on her forehead. She woke up immediately. She looked frantically around the room until her eyes landed on me.  She crawled over to me and climbed into my lap wrapping her arms around my neck and sobbing into my shoulder. She was shaking and I could feel her heart beating abnormally fast. "I-I c-can't b-b-breathe!" she said frantically as her breathing became shallow and forced. She was having an anxiety attack. I pried her off of me and held her in my lap like a baby so she could see my face. She gripped onto my shirt and tried to hide her face in my stomach, but I pulled her back.

"It's okay baby, I'm here. Shhh, it's okay," I said attempting to get her to calm down. "Count with me, one... two... three... four..." she struggled all the way until we got into the hundreds and then she slowly started to calm down some. After about 20 minutes the attack had finally ended.

"I'm sorry," she whimpered.

"Don't be sorry! You can't control that baby," I said and then pulled her back with me so we were laying down. She curled up at my side and laid her head on my stomach. I watched her head slowly move up and down with my breathing while I stroked her little bit of curly fuzz that was growing back on her head. "Do you want to tell me about your dream?" I asked after a few minutes of silence. 

"No," she said as her breathing picked up pace again.

"It's okay baby, you don't have to. Why don't we talk about your music instead?" I said trying to distract her from replaying the dream in her head. I felt her nod her head against my stomach. "Do you have any more songs you want to record tomorrow for your album?" I asked.

"I have a couple songs ready that I could record," she replied.

"How many songs do you have written that you want to use?" I asked.

"I have a lot of songs I want to use, I just have to choose which ones I really want on it and finish writing the music for them," she replied. Our conversation went on like that for a while until she fell asleep. I fell asleep shortly after her wondering what her nightmare was about.

I woke up and Anna was still sleeping like usual. I showered quickly, not wanting her to wake up while I was gone. When I got out of the shower I wrapped a towel around me and immediately went to check on her. She was awake on her phone with her ear buds in. I walked over to her using one hand to hold up my towel and the other to pull out one of the ear buds.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked worried, hoping I hadn't left her alone for too long.

"A 'Good morning Anna' would have been nice," she said sarcastically. 

"Good morning Anna," I replied mocking her. She smiled and I smirked at her. "Now answer my question," I demanded. I was starting to get cold considering I was still soaking wet.

"Just for a couple minutes. I didn't do anything, I swear," she said knowing exactly what I was worried about. I believed her, but I was paranoid so I pulled the covers off of her and checked her hips anyway. There weren't any new cuts thankfully. "Can you hurry up? Your hair is dripping cold water all over me," Anna said as I was checking her hips. I stuck my tounge out at her as I finished.

"I'm gonna go change now, because it's freezing," I said as I walked over to my closet.

"Okay, but I think that's a pretty good look for you," she said gesturing at my towel. Was she saying what I think she was saying? I turned around at her and raise an eyebrow. She just laughed. I rolled my eyes and then changed in my closet quickly. I went to get Anna out of bed so she could shower. I made sure to take my razor and anything else sharp out of the shower. I pulled the covers off of Anna again and yanked the ear buds out of her ears. "What?" she asked.

"You need to take a shower," I replied. She rolled her eyes and got up. I followed her to the bathroom. 

"What are you doing?" she asked when I went into the bathroom with her.

"Do you really think I'm going to leave you alone in a bathroom with a lock on the door?" I replied.

"Seriously?" she asked. Her face was turning red.

"Relax, I'm not going to look or anything," I replied and then turned around and started combing through my wet hair. 

"Close your eyes!" I heard Anna say. I groaned and then shut my eyes. I heard the shower curtain slide open and then shut. 

"Can I open them?" I asked. 

"Yeah," she replied. I started blow drying my hair. A few minutes later I heard the water turn off. "Hand me a towel," I heard Anna say over the blow dryer. I shut it off.

"What's the magic word?" I asked in a childish tone.

"Please, now get me a towel, its freezing!" I chuckled and then placed a towel in the hand that she was sticking out of the shower. She stepped out of the shower wrapped in the towel. "Close your eyes," she said while I was applying my makeup in the mirror. I did as she said internally laughing at how modest she is. I opened them when she said I could and then finished putting on makeup. I let Anna do my hair while I was putting on my makeup. She was actually really good with hair and I could tell she got exited when I let her do mine. I made her let me do her makeup when she finished with my hair. She sighed and gave in. She doesn't like it when I do her makeup because I don't put much on her. When we go out places and she does her makeup she normally covers up her freckles, wears fake eyelashes since she doesn't have real ones, and puts on a full face of makeup. Don't get me wrong, she looks gorgeous with it on, but I don't think she needs that much. I put a little bit of concealer on under her eyes to cover up the circles she had from not sleeping much, then I skipped over foundation completely and put some blush on her. I moved on to her eyes. 

"Your eyebrows and eyelashes are coming back!" I said surprised. A big smiled grew on her face. I put some mascara on her and filled in her sparse eyebrows some and then put a clear lip gloss on her and finished. She looked in the mirror and sighed. That's what I used to do when I looked in the mirror. I knew she was sitting there picking out every flaw. "You're beautiful baby. Now come on, lets get breakfast so we can get to the studio," I said. I saw her tense when I said breakfast. "It'll be okay, I'll be right there with you," I said. She nodded and I took her hand and walked down to the kitchen. Breakfast went about like dinner last night. I ended up having to feed her. Once she was finished we left to go to the studio. When we got in the car she stared out the window and sat on her hands. I knew exactly what was going through her mind. I rolled down the windows and blared the radio. I started singing along and soon she joined me completely forgetting about everything which made me smile. My attempt at distracting her worked.

When we got to the studio she recorded the song that she sang to me yesterday first. Then she recorded one called These Four Walls which was gorgeous.

"I feel so numb

Staring at the shower wall

It's begun,

The feeling that the end has come

And now the water's cold

I tried to eat today

But the lump in my throat got in the way

In this time I've lost all sense of pride

I've called a hundred times

If I hear your voice I'll be fine

And I, I can't come alive

I want the room to take me under

'Cause I can't help but wonder

What if I had one more night for goodbye?

If you're not here to turn the lights off, I can't sleep

These four walls and me

I lay in bed

Can't seem to leave your side

Your pillow's wet

From all these tears I've cried

I won't say goodbye

I tried to smile today

Then I realized there's no point anyway

In this time I've lost all sense of pride

I've called a thousand times

If I hear your voice I'll be fine

And I, I can't come alive

I want the room to take me under

'Cause I can't help but wonder

What if I had one more night for goodbye?

If you're not here to turn the lights off I can't sleep

These four walls and me

Oh oh oh

And I, I can't come alive

I want the room to take me under

'Cause I can't help but wonder

What if I had one more night for goodbye?

If you're not here to turn the lights off I can't sleep

These four walls and me" When she was done recording it I asked her what it was about. She said she started writing in when her grandpa died and then she finished it after Jake died. She got so into the song while she was singing it and she got so emotional, which of course made me emotional. I asked her if she wanted to be finished for the day, but she said she had one more song she wanted to sing called Beauty Hurts.

"Mama said, 'You're a pretty girl.

What's in your head, it doesn't matter

Brush your hair, fix your teeth.

What you wear is all that matters.'

Just another stage, pageant the pain away

This time I'm gonna take the crown

Without falling down, down, down

Pretty hurts, we shine the light on whatever's worst

Perfection is a disease of a nation, pretty hurts, pretty hurts

Pretty hurts, we shine the light on whatever's worst

We try to fix something but you can't fix what you can't see

It's the soul that needs the surgery

(Uh huh huh)

Blonder hair, flat chest

TV says, 'Bigger is better.'

South beach, sugar free

Vogue says, 'Thinner is better.'

Just another stage, pageant the pain away

This time I'm gonna take the crown

Without falling down, down, down

Pretty hurts, we shine the light on whatever's worst

Perfection is a disease of a nation, pretty hurts, pretty hurts (pretty hurts)

Pretty hurts (pretty hurts), we shine the light on whatever's worst

We try to fix something but you can't fix what you can't see

It's the soul that needs the surgery

Ain't got no doctor or pill that can take the pain away

The pain's inside and nobody frees you from your body

It's the soul, it's the soul that needs surgery

It's my soul that needs surgery

Plastic smiles and denial can only take you so far

Then you break when the fake facade leaves you in the dark

You left with shattered mirrors and the shards of a beautiful past

Pretty hurts, we shine the light on whatever's worst (pretty hurts)

Perfection is a disease of a nation, pretty hurts, pretty hurts

Pretty hurts, we shine the light on whatever's worst

We try to fix something but you can't fix what you can't see

It's the soul that needs the surgery

When you're alone all by yourself (pretty hurts, pretty hurts)

And you're lying in your bed (pretty hurts, pretty hurts)

Reflection stares right into you (pretty hurts, pretty hurts)

Are you happy with yourself? (pretty hurts, pretty hurts)

You stripped away the masquerade (pretty hurts, pretty hurts)

The illusion has been shed (pretty hurts, pretty hurts)

Are you happy with yourself? (pretty hurts, pretty hurts)

Yes

Uh huh huh"  When she sang that song it really hit me hard. When she came out of the recording booth I engulfed her in a big hug. 

"That was amazing, I'm so proud of you! I'm so exited for your album. It's going to be so good!" I said. 

"Thank you Demi," she replied muffled because I was squashing her face with the hug. I pulled her away and kissed her on the forehead and then we listened to the tracks back and left the studio. We got Jamba Juice on the way home. I didn't make Anna eat lunch if she would agree to finished all of her Jamba Juice since Nick is coming over for dinner and she would have to eat pretty much. 

A/N

So kind of a boring filler chapter... sorry! I was going to write my own lyrics for the songs on Anna's album, but that would take too long and I'm not that creative haha. The songs used in this chapter are Pretty Hurts by Beyonce and These Four Walls by Little Mix. The song in the last chapter was Who You Are by Jessie J. I'm sure you guys probably already figured that out, but just in case:) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 683 28
// BOOK FIVE // *CONTAINS SPOILERS* Less than a week after graduation, my girlfriend is in rehab and I've been thrown into the crazy and hectic world...
236K 7.9K 41
My father's death lead to my mother remarrying to another man in less than a year. She replaced the only man that knew how to stay and the one man th...
110K 4.7K 97
"I'm a survivor, in more ways than you know." * * * Adeena and Eliena-two broken sisters, waiting for someone to treat them with love, hoping to get...
14.6K 319 37
Phoenix has been in the abusive hands of her father since she was a baby. Her mother passed during her birth and her father has seen her nothing less...