Lights, Camera, Headlines (Cl...

By forever_emison

Lexa Woods is Hollywood's most talked about Actress. "Talked about" meaning the actress with the most headlin... More

Relationships
Breaking the News
First Day
Lunch
Out of my Head
Run
Natural
Grounders
Heart Rate
Interviews
Invitation
Party Time
Aftermath
Just Sex
So Why Don't You
When I Look At You
It's A Deal
Feelings & Duty
Cold

Lexa Woods

2.8K 63 72
By forever_emison

Bright lights fill the streets of Oakwood Plaza in Hollywood. A figure emerges from the doubled doors of Regal Cinemas.

Screams erupt, attempting to grasp the movie star's attention.

"Who are you wearing tonight?"

"Did you really walk off the set?" 

"Are you and her dating?"

"Is it true that you cheated on her last year?"

"Is it true that you slept with Costia Frost?"

The cameras shutter and eject a blinding flash of white every movement the star makes. She pushes through the crowd of people, pulling the hood of her jacket farther over her head, trying to block out the roars of the mob.

"Lexa over here!"

"Did you really get arrested?"

She stops dead in her tracks and turns to face the now silent reporter who's eyes seem to have tripled in size.

"No, I didn't. But if you keep talking I am sure I will after I beat the shit out of yo-" "okay! Lexa that is enough." A tall, dark colored woman hisses into Lexa Woods' ear before smiling out to the audience standing before them.

"Sorry folks! Lexa has had a pretty busy day. She's quite exhausted and we must get her home now. Thank you for coming to the premiere!" She waves and drags the young actress' arm towards the long, slick black limo awaiting them.

"I was handling that," the green eyed celebrity mumbles as she pulls her hood down once she is situated inside the vehicle, revealing her long, silky brown hair pulled into a side braid trailing from the top of her head, to the bottom, draping over her left shoulder.

"Handling it or making your image even worse than it already is?"

Lexa sits, unfazed by her manager's words.

She only opens the cooler in between the two women and pulls out an ice cold bottle of Corona. She grabs the opener from the side and pops the top off, carelessly drinking her alcoholic beverage.

"My image is fine, Indra." 

Lexa shrugs and sips her beer once again, her eyes falling down to her phone that is billowing with text messages and social media notifications.

The older woman becomes irritated before she spits back, "not when it is ruining your career. Your behavior lately has become unacceptable! The press has officially labeled you 'Hollywood's bad boy'! Your reputation has become abysmal and your name hasn't been out of the press in months! You're all over the headlines."

Lexa shrugs, "all press is good press."

She goes for another chug but Indra snatches it away, "not when all it does is give you a name that causes movie producers to fear having you on their sets."

The manage slaps her hand down on the cooler top, making it slam shut, Lexa looking down, then up at Indra with an amused grin.

"Careful Indra. Don't want to pop a hip now do we?"

She sighs in response, leaning back in her seat with a hand over her face, "Lexa. You have crossed the line. The first incident I could handle but this? It's all way too much."

Lexa shakes her head with a chuckle, "I have not. Indra, I am a teenager." She attempts to brush off the situation but even Lexa knows deep down that her behavior has gotten way out of hand.

"Exactly. You are a teenager. You should be doing teenager things."

The sudden change in Indra's tone catches Lexa off guard. The green eyed girl raises an eyebrow and speaks with caution, "where are you getting at, mother?"

The adoptive mother bites her lip, fearing her daughter's reaction.

"Well I put a lot of thought into this. And I have come to a final decision. It's that..." She trails off, her mind taking interest in the passing cars.

"Indra," Lexa demands, a grunt hiding behind her voice.

The older woman takes a deep breath in, looking into her daughter's green eyes.

"You're going to high school."

*

Clarke Griffin walks downstairs in a white skater skirt and a black crop top, her light blonde hair bouncing on her shoulders.

"Morning Mom," she kisses her mother, Abby's cheek, causing the woman to smile, "morning sweetheart. Eat up."

She hands her daughter a plate of eggs, bacon and waffles, then pours herself a cup of freshly brewed coffee.

"Morning family," Marcus Kane, Clarke's step-father descends the stairs with a wide smile plastered to his face as he kisses Clarke and his wife.

"Breakfast's for you," Abby sing-songs, pointing at the table.

As her parents discuss about the hospital gossip and which attendee is sleeping with which intern, Clarke's attention is caught by the television on the wall.

She reads the news headline:

Lexa Woods: Back At It Again

"Can you turn the volume up, please?" She questions and her mother nods, "sure." She raises the volume and Clarke focuses on the reporter, already annoyed with the topic, knowing this is at least the 20th time she's seen a news report on Lexa Woods.

"Last night, after the Hollywood premiere of 'Grounders: The Revolution', new action film featuring all of Hollywood's A-listers, juicy events took place. This is the third and final movie in the Grounders series. Lexa Woods, who plays lead role of June Taylor, leader of the Trikru rebellion, fighting back against the Azgedean empire to win their rights and equality back and restore peace in all of the country they live in. 

Lexa's character has won her 2 oscars as the best Actress in a Lead Role, 8 Teen Choice Awards, 6 MTV Movie Awards including her MTV Trailblazer Award, and finally 5 People's Choice Awards, along with her Choice Movie Icon Award. With all of her success off of just one character from a movie, Lexa Woods became a millionaire at the young age of 14.

Being in the industry since the young age of 4, Lexa has had a lot of pressure on her in Hollywood. And lately, it seems like the fame has certainly gotten to her head. Just last night, while being asked if she was arrested, Lexa approaches the reporter, screaming into his face. She threatens him violently before being whisked away by Momager, Indra Porter. Will the bad boy of Hollywood ever get herself under control?"

Clarke snort as she shakes her head, "most likely not."

"Actresses. So ungrateful for the lives they have," Marcus shakes his head and Clarke chuckles, "agreed. She has millions of dollars and uses it to buy cars and stuff she doesn't need. Not only that but just because she is rich she thinks it's okay to treat everyone else as if they are below her."

"Now, Clarke. Don't go around judging someone you don't know. That girl is always being talked about. How do you think she feels?"

The blonde stands up and puts her plate in the dishwasher, "I think she doesn't feel at all. She has no heart, mother."

Abby shakes her head, "you have no idea what her story is. They are just headlines. The press always lies. The reaction you are giving right now? It's giving these people the money they are looking for. The more juice they give, the bigger the reaction, resulting in the bigger wads of money they claim."

Clarke can't help her eyes from rolling, "okay but explain the videos of Lexa Woods being a class-A jerk?"

Abby sighs at her daughter, "I am not defending her sweetheart. I am just saying, she is living a completely different life. A lot more pressure on such a young girl. Don't judge her unless you actually know her."

The 16 year old girl grabs her school bag and mumbles, "I know her enough already. Bye. Love you." She waves at her family, then leaves her house in time to catch the school bus.

As she watches her house fade in the distance, Clarke thinks to herself about the news from the morning and her mother's words. All Clarke knows is that she hates selfish celebrities. But most importantly, she hates Lexa Woods.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Welcome!

So this is my first Clexa story EVER!

Welcome to Lights, Camera, Headlines!

I've never done a third person story. Thanks to emisonclexa , I tried it out.

I may change it based on your guys' reaction. Should I do POV's or leave it as Third Person?

Let me know!

Love you all, and I hope you like this story!

Review and Comment!

~Stay Fearless~

Caleigh <13

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.6K 1.5K 35
Lexa is sick and tired of being under her mother's control. All the time she is learning. She can't go out with someone. She doesn't even have friend...
130K 3.7K 46
Clarke Griffin moves to a new town after her dads death Lexa Woods has a haunted past and is the schools uptight stone cold bitch But something about...
26.6K 1.8K 23
Clarke Griffin, a young, kind-hearted and hard-working mother of two teenagers, couldn't be happier with her life. She loves her family, her job, her...
10.1K 414 15
*Clarke Griffin loves her family. She loves her parents more than anything in the world but with the twist of fate, her parents were tragically gone...