Pretty Please Don't Pinch Me

WordsWithGem tarafından

What happened to me is something I could never have dreamed up in my wildest imagination. I mean, no one real... Daha Fazla

Author's Note
1. The Concert
2. The Meet
3. Montgomery Manor
4. The (Non) Date
5. The Morning After
6. Hers
7. Prying Eyes
8. The Invite
9. Meet The Family
10. Sunday Dinner
11. The Aftermath
12. The Call
13. The Swim
14. The Moment
15. The Pick Up
16. Me
17. Mystery Beauty
18. Poppy Elston
19. The Event
20. Never Have I Ever
21. The Return
22. Tattoos
23. Skype
24. The Betrayal
25. An Introductory Faint
27. Nervous
28. Yesterday
29. Unspeakable Things
30. The Text Message
31. Mementos
32. Some Guy
33. One Thing
34. Firsts
35. Harry
36. The Chase
37. The Old Ball & Chain
38. Famous
39. Charades
40. The Talk
41. Letting Go
42. She Looks So Perfect
43. Blending In
44. Talk Dirty
45. Countless Doubts
46. Kendall Jenner
47. One Night Stand
48. The Riddle
49. The Realisation
50. The Final Night
51. Not Soon Enough
52. Goodbyes
53. Breaking Down
54. Cold Encounters
55. This Is It
56. Gemma is the Better Styles
57. Naked Encounters
58. Caught
59. Brits Ready
60. The Brits
61. Having A Wee
62. The Truth
63. Lost & Found
64. Knock Knock
65. Say Something
66. The Last Time
67. Gone
68. The Funeral
69. The Will
70. Inheritance
71. Kings Road Chelsea
72. One Month Later
73. Bad
74. The Underground
75. Ava Rose
76. The End
77. Ready
78. One More Chance
79. Too Much
80. Memory Lane
81. Only You
82. Back At It Again
83. Exhausted
84. Water Under the Bridge
85. Blackened Steak & Hushed Tones
86. Normal Couples
87. White Girl Wasted
88. All I Want
89. Hungover
90. Making Up or Breaking Up
91. In Plain Sight
92. Pinched
93. Take Two
94. Hopeless
95. Circles
96. Old Faces
97. Taxi Rides & Hotel Rooms
98. Priorities
99. Nostalgia
100. Hope is for the Hopeless
101. Our Moment
A Message
Fanfiction Awards 2017

26. Prior Engagements

214K 5.1K 1.8K
WordsWithGem tarafından

If you enjoy reading my story, and would like a sequel, please show some love by voting, and leave some comments telling me your thoughts about the story so far!

"How do you know my mother, Max? What the fúck is going on?"

"I-I don't know," he answers, mildly panicked. He carries her over to the couch and lays her down. "Get her some water," he orders me.

I'm frozen in shock where I am, and can't seem to focus.

"Now Ava!" he commands. I jolt out of my trance and rush to the kitchen scrambling around, my current state being a complete mess. When I arrive with a glass of water, I see my mother coming to, and I rush to her side.

"Mum, what is it? What happened? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine dear. I'm just feeling slightly light headed," she explains, trying to reassure me.

"Do you know Max?" I ask, desperate for answers.

"No, I don't know Max."

"Then what is it? What happened back there?" I demand to know, my brain concocting a series of scenarios - none of which I like.

She sighs heavily in defeat, turning to Max, "Am I correct in saying that you were named after your father? Maximilian Beaumont the second?"

Max nods slowly, and he too is unaware of what's unfolding.

"This is a very small world," she shakes her head, "I was engaged to your father once upon a time." For what feels like the millionth time today, I'm stunned. Someone should seriously consider writing a book about me...

My mother. Engaged to his father? This is too much. Now I almost feel as though I'm going to faint from the shock alone. I never had any clue that she was even engaged before meeting my father.

He's deep in thought before asking, "Charlotte Montgomery?" My mother nods her head. "Well now Sinclair."

"My father has spoken of you before," he advises us.

"How's your mother?" She asks him, "You look quite a lot like her. And of your father of course."

"Dead," he replies quite harshly, causing me to flinch. "She died when I was a child."

My mother is visibly shocked by the news. "I'm sorry to hear that, she really was a lovely woman."

He thanks her quietly, and she explains that she'd like to rest for a while. Both Max and I walk outside and take a seat by the pool. I leave Max to go inside and get us some iced tea, and return moments later.

"Well this whole thing is pretty strange," I say, struggling to balance the teeming glasses."Our parents being engaged and all."

"Did you not know your mother was engaged before meeting your father?" he asks me, while I hand a drink to him.

I think about it for a while. "To be honest, no."

I vaguely know the reason we don't speak to my mother's parents, and now strongly believe it may involve Max's father. My mother broke away from her family entirely as they didn't approve of my dad. It's now quite evident that it was Max's father they wanted her to end up with, rather than my dad.

He places my license on the table and slides it over to me. I thank him and suddenly feel very sorry for this guy in front of me who lost his mother at such an early age. Nobody deserves that. He turns to leave but I stop him.

"I'm really sorry about your mother. That must have been horrible for you." I express earnestly, stopping him in his tracks.

He shrugs nonchalantly. "I was too young when she died for me to remember her."

"Oh," I awkwardly reply, quite unable to think of anything else to contribute to such an emotionally-charged conversation.

"Oh," he agrees wistfully.

"So... how's Poppy?" I ask cautiously, and I look for his reaction.

"Probably scheming the next way she can gain herself some attention," he answers, smirking. "You know that no one believes a word she's saying right?"

I shrug, "It's still annoying," and I take a sip from my glass.

"So what does your boyfriend think about all of this?" he interrogates, putting emphasis on the word 'boyfriend'.

"Well firstly, he's not my boyfriend, and secondly, I don't think he's even seen it. He probably has about 30 other articles written about him in the last hour. I don't think he cares enough to pay attention to that kind of gossip."

"So he's not your boyfriend?" he confirms.

I shake my head. I wish.

"Have dinner with me," he says forcefully, eyeing me the way in which a hungry cat would to a mouse. He asks me confidently, as though in his mind I've already agreed. I'm sure if it were used on any other girl, this would work - but thankfully, somehow I'm immune to his charms. I wonder if it would be this way if I hadn't met Harry.

I scoff, "That's not happening. Ever."

He looks amused, "Well never say never because you also said we wouldn't be seeing each other again, and look where we are right now."

"Only because you stole something of mine that I needed. Not to mention, you still haven't explained how you managed to get my phone number. I'll have to remember to change my details now."

"I like to think I was minding it while you were drunk," he explains, and I can't help but laugh.

"Whatever you say, Duke."

"So now who's a stalker?" His eyebrows raise in mock surprise, "It now appears the stalker has become the stalked."

"You wish. It just so happens that my friend keeps more up to date with these things than I."

"Alright, so lets get out of here if we want to make our dinner reservation," he says self assuredly. "Come on - Andale!"

"I told you, I'm not going to dinner with you." I get up and signal it's time for him to leave, and he follows suit.

"Why not?" he asks simply, almost as if the answer isn't completely obvious.

"Why not?" I repeat. "Because Max. You are an infuriatingly crazed individual who cares only about himself and-"

Before I know it he forced his lips against mine before I can even finish the rest of my sentence. He skilfully forces his tongue through my tightly closed lips and I'm resistant against him. I try to move away from him, yet he is holding me firmly in place. He cups my face passionately, and my mind instantly goes to Harry. I place my hands firmly on his chest and pry away from the kiss. It's over within seconds, almost as soon as it begun, and my mind is racing. This is wrong. This is so wrong.

"Now that wasn't so bad was it?" he winks, completely self assured within himself.

My hand connects with his face - hard, and I slap the smug look off his face.

"How fucking dare you?" I accuse. "Get out! Get out now!"

He walks away, and I'm left panting, and in a state of emotional distress. A twinge of guilt goes through me as I look over to the spot in the pool where Harry and I had kissed only days before. I bring my hands to my lips and touch over them lightly. I am hurt and angry... and confused.

I feel my phone vibrate inside my pocket, and I slide across, but hesitate before I read his words. I feel completely torn as to whether I should inform Harry of this particular incident, but I'm leaning towards just not mentioning it. I value honesty, but telling Harry would make a bigger deal out of what actually happened, and I figure if I stay away from Max, it will be okay. It's not like I encouraged him to kiss me - in fact, I truly wish he didn't. This situation would only cause more problems than what it's worth. Why jeopardise that?

"Please don't make any plans tonight. I have a special surprise, H x"

I find myself smiling at his text message and can't believe the instant calming effect he has on me and he isn't even here. I feel the butterflies rising in my stomach. I absolutely adore being surprised. I'm convinced that people who say they hate surprises are massive liars. I really cannot wait for tonight.

"What do I wear?" I reply back.

His reply is instantaneous. "Something nice. Pick you up at 8, H x"

I smile. What could he possibly have planned?

I dash off to my room and flip through the countless dresses in my wardrobe. I can't believe how difficult it is, considering I have no idea where he's taking me. I decide upon a navy blue sequinned dress. The neckline is quite high, with three quarter sleeves, and the back of the dress dips all the way down, so my bare back is revealed. It clings to my curves, and because of the mini length, it's quite leggy. I wear some new black heels, and complete my look by borrowing some of my mum's simple diamond earrings.

I walk past my parent's door and hear my mother fast asleep, so decide to leave her a note.

"Out with Harry. See you soon - Ava xxx"

I hear a a car pull up outside, grab my purse, and run towards the door.

"Hey Hollywood, where are you heading off to?" my brother enquires.

"Hollywood?" I question, puzzled at the name he's called me.

"Yeah," he smirks, "You're in all the magazines now, thanks to Boy Band Man."

I roll my eyes, yet I think his nicknames are quite funny. Hollywood, I laugh to myself. I wonder what Harry will think if he hears Brooklyn now referring to him as 'Boy Band Man'.

I go to open the door, and as I do so, I'm faced with Harry who has his fist up, ready to knock on the door; though stops when he sees me. He looks absolutely blown away, and runs his fingers through his hair as he looks me over.

"You look," he pauses, "Just wow. You look really lovely," he confesses, his voice cracking, and it almost stops my heart.

Now it's my turn to admire him. He looks so dashing in his tightly fitted suit, white crisp shirt, and floral blazer. Who else could get away with wearing a floral blazer? He seems to have put more effort into his hair tonight, as it's more styled than when I normally see him. It's still quite wavy, but it's got a little bit of product holding it more in place. Now it's my turn to be speechless.

"You... you look really good too," I reply, and I bravely place a long, slow kiss upon his lips, and can feel him smiling throughout it.

"What was that for?" he grins, brushing his thumb lightly over my full bottom lip, locking his green eyes onto mine with wonder.

"I'm just really happy," I smile, while he places his hand on the small of my back, leading me to a sleek looking white Audi. I'm not sure of the model because I'm clueless about cars, but recognise the distinguished symbol. A driver gets out and opens the back door for us as we get in.

"Oh, you're not driving?" I ask, slightly surprised.

He shakes his head and helps me into the car.

He slides in directly next to me so that he's sitting in the middle, and rests his hand protectively on my upper thigh. I place my hand on top of his, and interlock our fingers. His hands are so big in comparison to mine, and I feel secure as he holds my leg in such an intimate way.

"So are you going to tell me where we're going then?" I ask him anxiously.

"No, but I'll have you put this on to keep it a surprise," he says, showing me a black silk blindfold.

"What? Right now?" I ask incredulously.

"Yes, now." Harry commands lightly with mock frustration. "I wouldn't want you ruining the surprise now, would I?"

I cautiously place the blindfold over my eyes and the moment it's on, I'm feeling incredibly vulnerable.

"I'm actually really scared now," I admit to him honestly.

I can't see or hear him, yet I can feel him closer than ever. "What's there to be afraid of?" He whispers into my ear, and it immediately sends shivers running through my body. He places his lips ever so gently on my own, and kisses me slowly. His tongue enters my mouth and finds my own and I return his kiss. He pulls me in closer to him and a sigh instinctively escapes my mouth. There's something so hot and... primal about kissing without some of my senses, and I don't want this car ride to ever come to an end.

The car comes to a halt, and the driver clears his throat embarrassingly, announcing that we're here. I'm almost glad that I'm blindfolded, so I don't have to face him.

"Do I really have to keep this on?" I ask earnestly, referring to the blindfold.

"Don't be stroppy," he coddles, and grabs my hand as I carefully get out of the car. "You actually look really sêxy wearing it. I might have to hold onto it for later," he admits, and I feel myself going a shade of crimson as I think of what he has planned.

Question of the chapter: What kind of surprise do you think Harry has prepared for Ava? Do you think he's going to find out about Max kissing Ava? If so, how do you think he'd react?

Please make sure you've voted, and that you're following me on social media for any updates!

Twitter: WordsWithGem
Instagram: gemma.allan
Snapchat: gemma.allan

#PPDPM

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1M 36.6K 76
I glanced over at Harry. He was looking back at me and I could see his mouth moving in that slow, sexy way of his, but I couldn't focus on what he wa...
247K 6.9K 28
"Please just let me stay here. I have nowhere to go." I beg him standing at his doorstep. "Why would I?" He snaps. I feel so small,so lonely and cold...
42.7K 1.3K 58
•COMPLETED• "I have to think of me right now Harry. And my career. I can't throw that away!" I feel my eyes brimming with tears as I said this becau...
371K 7.8K 32
Harry [18] , a jock, plays any sport he can, hottest guy in school. He's of course popular and girls will do anything to get to him and have him in b...