Pretty Please Don't Pinch Me

By WordsWithGem

What happened to me is something I could never have dreamed up in my wildest imagination. I mean, no one real... More

Author's Note
1. The Concert
2. The Meet
3. Montgomery Manor
4. The (Non) Date
5. The Morning After
6. Hers
7. Prying Eyes
8. The Invite
9. Meet The Family
10. Sunday Dinner
12. The Call
13. The Swim
14. The Moment
15. The Pick Up
16. Me
17. Mystery Beauty
18. Poppy Elston
19. The Event
20. Never Have I Ever
21. The Return
22. Tattoos
23. Skype
24. The Betrayal
25. An Introductory Faint
26. Prior Engagements
27. Nervous
28. Yesterday
29. Unspeakable Things
30. The Text Message
31. Mementos
32. Some Guy
33. One Thing
34. Firsts
35. Harry
36. The Chase
37. The Old Ball & Chain
38. Famous
39. Charades
40. The Talk
41. Letting Go
42. She Looks So Perfect
43. Blending In
44. Talk Dirty
45. Countless Doubts
46. Kendall Jenner
47. One Night Stand
48. The Riddle
49. The Realisation
50. The Final Night
51. Not Soon Enough
52. Goodbyes
53. Breaking Down
54. Cold Encounters
55. This Is It
56. Gemma is the Better Styles
57. Naked Encounters
58. Caught
59. Brits Ready
60. The Brits
61. Having A Wee
62. The Truth
63. Lost & Found
64. Knock Knock
65. Say Something
66. The Last Time
67. Gone
68. The Funeral
69. The Will
70. Inheritance
71. Kings Road Chelsea
72. One Month Later
73. Bad
74. The Underground
75. Ava Rose
76. The End
77. Ready
78. One More Chance
79. Too Much
80. Memory Lane
81. Only You
82. Back At It Again
83. Exhausted
84. Water Under the Bridge
85. Blackened Steak & Hushed Tones
86. Normal Couples
87. White Girl Wasted
88. All I Want
89. Hungover
90. Making Up or Breaking Up
91. In Plain Sight
92. Pinched
93. Take Two
94. Hopeless
95. Circles
96. Old Faces
97. Taxi Rides & Hotel Rooms
98. Priorities
99. Nostalgia
100. Hope is for the Hopeless
101. Our Moment
A Message
Fanfiction Awards 2017

11. The Aftermath

225K 5.3K 1.4K
By WordsWithGem

If you enjoy reading my story, and would like a sequel, please show some love by voting, and leave some comments telling me your thoughts about the story so far!

I walk the short stretch to my bedroom, and when I open the door, I find Marnie already there, pacing back and forth as if to process the event of the night. She corners me, and just when I think she's about to pounce on me in attack, she embraces me in a tight hug, resistant to let go.

"Ava? How?" she asks, tears now soaking into my clothing. Without giving me any time to answer she continues. "You are honestly the luckiest girl in the entire world right now," as she lets me go, wiping her eyes on her sleeve, her mascara now staining the skin underneath her eyes.

"No, Marnie," I say, stopping that idea from going any further in her mind. "You have the wrong idea. We're not... together. Not even in the slightest."

She rolls her eyes at me. "You're my sister, you can tell me! Plus, it was written all over both of your faces. All those secret glances exchanged between you both! I wasn't born yesterday."

Secret glances?

"No look Marnie. You're way off on this," and I proceed to tell her of how we met and the events leading up to this moment. She laughs to herself and shakes her head in complete wonder.

"Trust this to happen to someone who doesn't even like One Direction! It's actually so unfair and you know it. Why does this never happen to actual fans?"

"I don't dislike One Direction," I reply defensively.

"Well, there's still something going on, even if you are in denial about it. Mum agrees," she replies smugly, as if Mum's say is final.

Great. Yet another person I need to convince.

"Look! He doesn't like me!" I blurt out, "He pulled the friend line on me."

She screws up her face in confusion. "What friend line?"

"Like oh, I'm glad we're friends, or I'm glad to have a friend here. I was basically friend zoned. Very pitiful to watch, considering I thought something more was happening. Like at first I knew there wasn't a chance in hell for me, then later on I thought that maybe it might... but then-"

"Shut up!" She snaps, holding her chin in deep thought. "I'm still convinced he's into you. Did he arrange to catch up or anything?" she enquires.

Wow. She's really on the firing line tonight.

"Well... technically. Sort of..." I falter.

She gives me a frustrated look to elaborate on my comment.

"He told me people have found out that Niall is planning on visiting Melbourne... so most likely they'll find out about his whereabouts too."

"And anyone who's with him," Marnie remarks, almost having a lightbulb moment. "So basically what he's saying is that while Niall is here, they'll discover Harry's whereabouts. And if he's hanging out with you, then you could consequently be involved in it all."

"Pretty much." I nod.

"Perfect!" Marnie rejoices, as I watch on in confusion. "Don't you see Ava? He wants to continue whatever this is, but respects your wishes to remain as you are now. Untouched by the media and all that jazz. He's probably used to dating girls who are already well known, and this is good for both of you."

"Look... I don't know. I don't know if I'm ready for this. Maybe I should cut contact between us before I start to get any serious feelings for him? He even said himself that he's not staying here for very long."

"Are you insane? What is wrong with you?" She asks, sitting on my bed next to me.

"I think I need to stop all contact with him. Why put myself through all of this? I don't even know how he feels, or what his motives are. Look at me. Do I really seem the type to be spotted with someone like him?"

Even though I'm a couple of years older than her, she looks at situations in such a logical way; and I find myself seeking advice from her when I truly need it. I can already see her brain working in overdrive to find the right things to say, and I need some good ol' sisterly advice right now.

"What would you do?" I plead softly.

"You firstly need to try not letting the fact of Harry being a celebrity affect your decision. You're kind of halfway there considering you don't really know much about him, and he must love the fact that you're not fangirling over him."

"What's fangi-" My question is cut short, as she raises a finger up to prevent me from interrupting her.

"My advice to you is to continue spending time with him as you normally would. Maybe try to be as low key as you can about it. See how things go, take it all in your stride and don't cheat yourself out of anything in life because of a few small issues."

Except those 'small' issues aren't exactly all that small really...

She looks at me as if she were a proud mother living vicariously through her daughter.

"I always wanted Harry to be with someone normal, and if it can't be me, then I guess I'll have to settle with it being you," she gushes, holding my shoulders, and still beaming from ear to ear.

"You're insane," I comment, unable to keep the smile from my face.

We both continue to chat for a while about the situation at hand, and she suggests putting the One Direction: This Is Us movie on for 'research'. I haven't seen it yet, but I find myself really getting into it, and I'm completely blown away by the amount of fans at the concerts and outside their hotels. I knew they were big but I didn't know they were this big.

I'm completely biased for obvious reasons, though I loved all the moments with Harry just being his playful self. Like how he was messing around when they needed a photo of him, or how he was running away from security every chance he got. I love that kind of nature in people and he seems to make the best of an otherwise boring situation. I can't imagine how lonely things would get for him, unable to live as a regular person, and hope that he can feel like a normal guy throughout his time with me.

The movie ends with Harry's pants being pulled down, and I may or may not have replayed that scene over again. When it gets to the hilarious credits scene, I look over to see that Marnie has fallen asleep. I pull the covers over her, and as the movie returns to the main menu, I press play and watch it again as I drift into a peaceful sleep.

- - -

When I wake, Marnie is no longer in my room, and I can see that I've fallen asleep in my clothes that I was wearing from yesterday. I head over to the mirror to see my hair is disheveled, and I have dark circles around my eyes. That'll teach me for not removing my make up before bed.

I've always secretly hated those kind of girls that wake up perfect in the morning, when here I am looking like I've been punched in both eyes. I head to the bathroom to have a quick shower, and I'm only in there for a few moments before the water starts to run cold. Brooklyn! I curse under my breath over my brother using up all of the hot water, and I rush a shower that I should have otherwise enjoyed.

When I'm done, I quickly get dressed into some workout gear, and hum as I go downstairs, ready to make a quick breakfast. As I'm preparing my mango berry smoothie, I hear my mother fumbling around in her room.

"Late again I see," I call out to her, letting her know I'm downstairs.

"That bloody alarm. I have so much to do," she frets, as she enters the room, with her left heel on, and the other in her hand. She kisses me quickly on the cheek and briskly pours some coffee into her thermos.

"Will you be home this afternoon for lunch?" I enquire, flipping through a gossip magazine on the counter.

"Can't. I have back to back meetings with important clients of mine."

Mum has been in real estate since before I was born and she has built up quite a name for herself. She now owns the business she works for and has a number of high-end clientele.

She runs out the door, before hastily re entering the kitchen as she forgot her handbag on the counter.

"We'll talk later Missy!" she threatens, with a mischievous grin plastered on her face as she runs towards the door.

"There's nothing to talk about!" I yell back as the door slams shut.

I'm deeply engrossed in an interview with Kendall and Kylie Jenner from their recent trip to Australia. They've definitely grown up from what I remembered them to be. Both pretty girls - though one may have needed a bit of help from a surgeon to get there, but pretty nonetheless.

I hear my ringtone upstairs, and I drop what I'm doing to answer it in time. It stops just before I reach the phone, however the number was blocked. Could it be Harry? Within a matter of seconds, my phone starts ringing again, and I answer it on the second ring.

"Hello?" I hesitantly answer.

I am greeted by the deep voice of a male.

"Ava?"

...

Question of the chapter: Do you think Ava should listen to Marnie's advice and follow her heart so to speak, or should she stop all contact with Harry if she feels she can't handle the lifestyle that comes along with him? Who do you also think the male caller is on the other line?

Please make sure you've voted, and that you're following me on social media for any updates!

Twitter: WordsWithGem
Instagram: gemma.allan
Snapchat: gemma.allan

#PPDPM

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.7K 1.3K 58
β€’COMPLETEDβ€’ "I have to think of me right now Harry. And my career. I can't throw that away!" I feel my eyes brimming with tears as I said this becau...
6.2K 200 47
Normal, nope. Crazy, definitely! This fanfic is anything but normal. Now you'd expect the whole typical going to a 1D concert and seeing Niall glance...
8.2K 136 57
Vada Carter. 18 years old. Not famous, just a stupid girl. Harry Styles. 19 years old. Very famous, but he's just a stupid boy. "You can't say stuff...
9.5K 311 40
"Get out before I do something wrong." I said my voice hard and cold. I saw her stumble back a little before she took the support of the side table...