The Experiment 2: The Journey

By iamRam2333

In this sequel to The Experiment (yes, it would help to read Book 1 first for this to make more sense) our fa... More

The Apartment
911
Neighbors
Flurry
Tim
Uncertainty
Trouble
Long Way Down
Fireproof
Pillowtalk
Fluff
The Rink
Red
Christmas Ball
White Christmas ❄️
New Year!
Unstoppable
Parting Gift
Hopelessly Devoted
Insatiable
Results
Birthday in Springtime
Overtime
Clash
End of the Day
Wake Up Call
For Better or For Worse
Cravings
Hormones
Baby Announcement!
Bold
Tired
You're Not Dei
Now What?
Desperate
Second Chances
Almost There!
Labour
Welcome Athena!!!
What'll She Look Like?
The Working Mom
Ache
Get A Clue
Indulgence
Setting Expectations
The Great Wall of RJ
Friends?
Crazy
Ask Matt
The Mendozas in NYC
Enamored
JC has a Deathwish
Athena's Christening
Hot and Cold
Thirty
Busted
Coming Clean
Wolf
In Sheep's Clothing
Blizzard
Trapped
- Zero
Raging Storm
Out
Good Luck, JC
Gallery
Brawl
Good Riddance
More Than Words
Vacations and Plans
On Their Own
House Husband Duties
Nanny Search
Matt's BabySitting Challenge
Fahrenheit
Priorities
The Right Choice
Back in Manila
The Grand Piano
Athena's First Birthday
Fans!
Paidow!
Timeless
Geline
Cheater... ?
K Mofo
Who He Was
New Beginnings
Moving Day!
Stroll
Big Girl
RJ And His Research
On A Mission
Pancakes and Whipped Cream
Hot Tempered
Daddy's Girl
Hero
Booboo
The Sanctuary
Peacemaker
Kits
Bites
Doubled
Brave Teena
Clingies
What She Wants Is What She Gets
Scares and Surprises
Brink
Kicks
Star
Celebrity Problems
Ellen
Disneywand
TJxMHIY ❤️: Clones
It's Time!
Hush Little Baby

Oh Snap!

8.9K 627 164
By iamRam2333

"Seriously, Dei, a long trench coat and a hat? What are we, detectives investigating a crime? It's either you've watched too many Sherlock episodes or you've just gone completely bonkers."

"Come on, just wear that. We cannot let them see us," Dei said, shoving the items to Kayla.

"Well, we're not exactly being inconspicuous, wearing a trench coat on a hot summer night. I really think some dark clothing and a simple baseball cap will do," Kayla tried to reason.

"Where's the fun in that?"

"Are you just bored?"

"No, Kayla, I'm just trying to distract myself from the pain," Dei replied, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Dei, we don't even know if he's really cheating on you. These are all assumptions based on a single text. Have you even back read through their previous sms exchanges?"

"There's none. Maybe he deleted them."

Kayla just exhaled sharply and gazed at her friend exasperatedly. "Why do you want to believe that RJ is cheating on you?"

"I don't. I just have this sudden intuition, and you know what they say about women's intuition."

"Well I'm a woman too, and my intuition says you're just overreacting and that RJ would never ever, never ever cheat on you, Dei. He loves you so much. You probably don't realize this, Dei but he'll do everything to make you happy. I've proven that so many times."

Dei didn't respond and just took several deep breaths.

"Besides, Dei, you two have so many beautiful plans for the future. Your in-laws are coming back in a few weeks and both of our families are moving to the new neighborhood. New house, new start..."

"Let's just do this tonight. For my peace of mind," Dei insisted.

"Fine," Kayla said with a resigned sigh. "Hopefully this'll really give you some peace of mind."

"You didn't tell Tim, did you? He might give RJ a heads up."

"God, Dei... of course not."

"Didn't he wonder why you're no longer having dinner with your mom though?"

"He's actually quite happy about it and said he will just spend time with his friends too."

"And you're okay with that?" Dei asked. "Him still hanging out with his friends?"

"Of course. I trust him," Kayla said, shrugging. "He's also changed a lot since Ezra, you know."

"I know," said Dei thoughtfully. A few seconds later, she stood up as she finally made up her mind, and threw the trench coats back inside the closet.

"We're no longer going?" Kayla asked hopefully.

"We are. But we're no longer wearing those coats." She stood up from the bed and grabbed two caps from the holder and tossed one at Kayla. "Don't say anything to Marby about this. She's, umm, a DeiJay fan."

Kayla rolled her eyes and nodded.

++++++

They arrived at the restaurant before RJ and the other executives did. Dei had planned it all. She had called in to reserve a table at the restaurant, and they had brought along one of Kayla's friends to watch the table for them in case they needed to move around the restaurant for better view.

RJ arrived with Geline and some of the other executives half an hour later and Kayla glanced at Dei at once, giving her a look that definitely said, "I told you so", but Dei grabbed her arm almost immediately and pointed at the direction of the new comers.

They were moving to their seats five tables away from where Dei, Kayla and her friend were seated. It was at the far right of the restaurant, and RJ was ushering Geline into a chair with his hand on her shoulder blades.

"That does not mean anything, Dei," Kayla said right away when she saw the despondent look on Dei's face. "He's just being a gentleman."

"Why would you wear something so flimsy for a dinner with the executives? I can practically see her black lingerie from here," Dei said through gritted teeth. Their faces were hidden behind the menu and their caps were lowered down to cover their eyes.

"Well it's summer time..."

"Wouldn't those people you're trying to spy on find it weird that you both are wearing baseball caps inside an upscale restaurant?" Kayla's friend asked them, eyeing them both with amusement.

"Ssssshhh!" Dei shushed and Kayla's friend laughed quietly.

"She has a point, you know," Kayla said.

"We're practically hidden here, it's alright," Dei insisted. "She keeps touching his arm, that bitch."

"And he's completely ignoring her," Kayla countered.

"Oh no, someone's taking that table in front of them... no!!!!" Dei exclaimed as a family of six started sitting around a table directly in front of the one RJ and his posse were sitting in, and had completely blocked them from Dei and Kayla's view. "Dammit. We have to move, Kayla."

"What?"

"Let's go around the restaurant and hide behind that counter over there. That's even nearer, we can hear what they're talking about."

"I don't think they would be talking about anything other than work, D--"

"Come on!" Dei urged. She was already on her feet, ready to go around the restaurant and find a spot behind the counter a few feet away from where RJ and his group were sitting.

Kayla groaned exasperatedly but still followed her friend.

They reached the counter and hid behind the potted plants there as they watched RJ. He was deep in conversation with the executives but Dei couldn't help but notice how Geline's body was almost leaning towards RJ.

"This bitch is something else," Kayla muttered under her breath. Apparently she noticed it too.

"Excuse me, ma'am, what are you doing here? Do you have a reservation?" a waiter asked behind them.

"Ssssh!" Dei snapped, turning her head towards the waiter. "Yes we do, now keep quiet, please."

Kayla glared at the waiter and he decided to leave them alone.

A few moments later, Dei noticed Geline leaning her head towards RJ and whispering something. He nodded, then pushed his chair from the table and rose from his seat, letting Geline pass. Dei noticed how her hand glided on his shoulder as she went.

"Where is she going?" Dei asked.

"Probably the ladies room," Kayla answered. "Do you want us to follow her? I'll give her a headlock while you beat the shit out of her," she added and she stood up, ready to go.

"No," Dei said, yanking her arm. "Let's stay here and see what RJ's gonna do next."

"Hey!" another waiter suddenly cried out when Kayla stepped back to her previous position and bumped into the waiter, making him almost drop the dishes he was holding. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry. We'll go back to our table in a few minutes. Go on ahead, the customer is waiting for their food," Kayla told him while Dei patted his arm.

The waiter glared at them before leaving, muttering curses under his breath as he walked away.

The two girls turned their attention back to RJ's table and was surprised to see that he was no longer there.

"He's gone," Dei said, her heart clenching as her imagination started going overdrive.

"I didn't even notice him leave. Where could he have gone?" Kayla asked, perplexed. She glanced at Dei and saw the look on her face. "Hey, Dei..."

"Maybe he followed her. Maybe that's what she whispered to him before she left," Dei said, her lips quivering.

"God, Dei. Overthinking much?"

"How else can you explain this, Kayla? I'm gonna bet he followed her to the ladies room and they're gonna do it there, that kinky motherf--"

"Ehem!"

Dei paused when she heard that. Someone had definitely cleared his throat behind them and she was certain she knew who that someone was because she could smell the fragrance of his perfume, which she herself bought last Christmas.

Both she and Kayla turned and she bit her lip when she saw RJ towering behind them with both arms folded across his chest. He was wearing a poker face as he looked at them.

"So what's up?" he asked them, his expression unreadable. "What were you about to call me, Dei?"

"Oh snap," Kayla muttered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 7.9K 29
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
431K 12.9K 95
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
811K 18.4K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1M 39.4K 92
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...