Believe in Me

By BeStrong1998

After a terrible accident Anna(a Lovatic) finds out she has cancer and is then placed into an abusive foster... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Author's Note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Authors Note
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
IMPORTANT
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
A/N
Chapter 66
A/N
Chapter 67
A/N:
A/N
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76

Chapter 5

3.9K 107 4
By BeStrong1998

Demi's POV

It had been a really long day at the X Factor auditions in L.A. You would think that in such a big area there would be some amazing talent but most of it was just average. There were some really terrible auditions and a couple really good ones, but I wasn't too impressed. I was starting to get antsy and I think Simon was getting annoyed with me, but oh well. We were down to the last few auditions of the day. I was loosing focus fast. I was finishing writing down notes as the last contestant walked onto the stage. I was not in a good mood. I didn't even realize she was on stage until Simon started asking the usual questions. "Hello, what is your name?" He said in his accent.

"Anna Brown," She replied. I looked up and I saw a gorgeous little girl that was about the size of an 8 year old, but you could tell she was older because of how she was dressed and how she handled herself. She had a huge smile on her face that was contagious. You could tell she was nervous as her hands were shaking. I took over the questions.

"First let me say that you are so adorable! How old are you?"

"Thanks... I'm thirteen," She replied professionally. There was something about her that I really liked. I couldn't figure out what, but I had a good feeling about her.

"Who did you bring with you today?"

"Just my friend Jake," I was really curious about her. 

"Just a friend huh?" I looked at her raising my eyebrows and giving her a suspicious smile. She just threw her head back and laughed at me. Then she nodded her head embarrassed.

"What would you do with the money if you won?"

"Well I don't really need it so I'd probably donate it to childrens cancer research... and maybe buy myself a couple small things," She said hesitantly. I couldn't help but let out an awh. I really liked this girl.

"Where are your parents?" Simon chimed in. Her smile flattened and the light in her eyes dimmed.

"Uh, well my foster parents don't actually know I'm here, or that I can even sing. To be honest the only person I've ever sang in front of is Jake and that was by accident cause he walked in on me singing in the hospital lounge," She was talking really fast and it looked like she regretted what she had said.

"Woah slow down there," Kelly said. "So you live with foster parents and you were in a hospital? Care to clarify some?" The look of panic flashed across her face. I shot Kelly a look.

"Well around 3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with stage four medulloblastoma which is just a big word for fatal brain cancer. I had a choice of either living out the two weeks I had left to live or going through a brain surgery where I had a slim chance of surviving. I choose the brain surgery. I had to spend 2 days in the hospital before the surgery and the first day I was in there I went into the lounge where they had a piano and a bunch of guitars and I wrote a song and Jake walked in while I was singing it and I didn't notice him until after I was finished. He persuaded me to send in an audition tape before I went into surgery. I died twice in surgery and the doctors almost gave up on me, but they didn't. When I woke up my whole left side was paralyzed. The doctors doubted that I would be able to gain back control of it, but they started physical therapy with me. Everyday Jake took me to the lounge to practice for today without anyone knowing. The doctors were amazed at how fast I was regaining my movement in my left side. I give all the credit to Jake and music. Without them I wouldn't have control of my left side. Actually I probably wouldn't even be alive." I was amazed by her story. She was smiling but she had tears in her eyes. I think I was the only one who noticed the tears.

"So you're cancer free now?" Simon asked.

"Not exactly. They removed 90% of the tumor but I start chemo and radiation in the morning to get rid of the rest of it."

"And how will that work out if you make it on the show?" Simon asked. She looked a little worried so I shot him a look too.

"I'll figure something out," She said with a smile.

"And what about your parents? You said you were a foster kid right? So where are your real parents?"

Anna's POV

"And what about your parents? You said you were a foster kid right? So where are your real parents?" Simon asked. 

"Um I don't really know," I said holding back tears. I didn't want them to pity me so I lied. Plus if I had told them the truth I would have been sobbing. It was hard enough to tell the about the cancer. "Can I sing now?"

"Of course, what are you going to be singing?" Demi asked flashing me a smile. She was even more perfect in person than she was in pictures. I had to keep my calm and hold myself together though.

"I was going to sing an original but I changed my mind last minute so I'm going to sing Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid," Simon just looked at me like he was surprised. But I just ignored him and started singing trying to control my nerves.

Demi's POV

"I was going to sing an original but I changed my mind last minute so I'm going to sing Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid," I was kind of shocked at her answer. I had never heard anyone sing that song for an audition before. As soon as she opened her mouth to sing I was glad she choose that song. She literally had the voice of an angel. In the beginning she started out quite and she was shaking all over but as the song went on she grew more more comfortable. She was so adorable singing that song. I realized that the song meant something to her because she got really into it and you could tell her emotions were real. Once she got towards she end she was belting it. I was so surprised that that sound could come out of such a tiny body. The last couple lines she got quite again and her voice sounded so angelic. When she stopped singing I noticed I was crying the other judges laughed at me for crying at a song from The Little Mermaid but I didn't care. All four of us judges stood up to applaud her. The whole audience was standing too. That was the best audition I had ever heard.

Anna's POV

I had sang the end of the song with my eyes closed to try to distract myself from trying to read the expressions on the judges faces. I opened my eyes when I was done singing and everyone was on their feet. Demi was even crying. I couldn't help myself. I burst out in tears of mixed emotions. I turned around and covered my face throwing my head back and I thanked God. I turned around and Demi stood up motioning to come to her so I did. She pulled me into a tight hug. It felt so good. I couldn't remember the last time I had a hug. Of course the sobs started again. The hug lasted for a few seconds then I pulled back wiped my eyes and went back up on the stage. 

Demi's POV

When Anna saw the impact she had on the audience she turned around and started sobbing. I understood the message she had given by singing that song but I don't think anyone else did. I think all they heard was her amazing voice. I just wanted to hug her and never let go. When the audience died down and she turned back to face us I motioned at her to come over to me. I stood up and wrapped my arms around her tiny body. I'm short but she was tiny compared to me even. She was really tense and she was shaking. I stared rubbing her back and she relaxed and buried her head into my chest. I felt her sobbing again. I held her until she pulled away from me. She turned around not even looking at me and made her way back to the stage. She was smiling again, trying to hide her emotions. Kelly started talking because I was still trying to gather my thoughts.

"All I can say is wow! I was not expecting that voice to come out of that tiny tiny body! I'm speechless," Anna laughed at Kelly's remark about how small she was.

"Kelly took the words out of my mouth," Paulina said. I was my turn to talk. Anna was looking at me nervously. I looked her dead in the eyes.

"That song was the perfect choice," The other judges nodded in agreement with my statement. "Not just because of how it fit your voice, but the meaning of it," The judges looked at me like I was crazy. "They don't understand but I do, I am really amazed by your story and the fact that you were able to get up here just 2 weeks after having brain surgery! I think everyone can learn something from you." She was smiling with the tears in her eyes again. "Plus you're really tiny and its adorable," I added making her laugh.

"I agree with Demi about the song being a good fit for your voice, I don't really understand what she thinks the meaning of it is but anyway, I'm completely amazed that that voice came out of that body and the fact that you just had brain surgery two weeks ago. It just doesn't make sense! I don't believe you," Anna giggled and swore that she was telling the truth. She was just so cute it was insane. "One thing that I really like about you is that I don't think you realize how good you really are," Simon added. Anna shook her head in disbelief. "I think were ready to vote."

Anna's POV

I couldn't believe the things the judges were saying about me. Were they like deaf or something? I wasn't nearly as good as they were making me out to be. They were probably just saying that for sympathy. "I think were ready to vote." Simon said.

"Its a yes from me," Kelly said. I was shocked when I heard yes.  I thought for sure it was gonna be a no.

"Yes," Paulina said. I was shaking I couldn't believe it. Just one more yes and I was through!

" A million times yes!" Demi said smiling at me. I cupped my hand over my mouth in shock.

"This is the easiest yes I've ever given," Oh my God! I couldn't believe it. I stood there in shock then I remembered to thank them so I picked up the mic getting ready to thank them when Jake ran on stage picked me up and spun me around. 

"I told you you could do it," He said to me as he spun me. I was laughing and crying at the same time. He sat me down still hugging me. I turned my head to face the judges and they all had huge grins on. Demi winked at me with that suspicious look on her face again which made me and her laugh. I mouthed thank you to them and me and Jake walked off the stage.

A/N

Some of you guys are probably wondering what meaning Part of Your World has to Anna. For Anna the world that she's singing about is like all the happy healthy people that have their families and everything and how she wants to be part of that instead of being suicidal, depressed, and sick.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71K 1.3K 37
When Ally meets her idol will she get rejected or will she decided to change her life.
379K 7.7K 33
Wattpad, X Factor, Deception and Love. Will love win in the end? Or will deception ruin everything...
110K 4.7K 97
"I'm a survivor, in more ways than you know." * * * Adeena and Eliena-two broken sisters, waiting for someone to treat them with love, hoping to get...
69.7K 1.9K 27
Rachel has been in and out of foster homes since birth, but her recent prank has placed her back in the orphanage. When she wins meet and greet tick...