Remedial Heart (LeAga)

By welsyelsie

A medical drama-romance story about two wounded people. May this inspire you to love the medical world; they'... More

Remedial Heart
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine (ASYSTOLE)
forty (REHABILITATION)

twenty-seven

6.8K 143 91
By welsyelsie

"The court decides to grant joint custody agreement to Petitioner, Aga Morales and Respondent, Lea Carmela Sarmiento. The court will present a proposed joint agreement and both will decide which clause will both agree or disagree, I will only allow one valid reason why either will agree or disagree"

The court Judge reads "This joint custody agreement  is made and entered as of the current date in RTC branch 143, Makati City, by and between Aga Morales, residing at Dasmariñas Village, Makati, Philippines and Lea Carmela Sarmiento, residing at Hornbeam Way, Manchester City, England

Whereas, the Parties both wish to set forth their agreement with respect to joint custody of Samuel Lorenzo Sarmiento and Elinore Celestinne Sarmiento, both born and registered in Manchester, England and registered in Philippine Embassy, England

Now, therefore, in consideration of the foregoing, and the mutual covenants contained herein, mutually agree to the following:

1. The child shall be in the joint custody of both parents, with each having the child agreed equally for number of days at a time; First four days of the week at the mother's custody and the remaining three days at the father's custody.

Any objection?"

"No objection your, Honor"

"Proceed.

2. Exchanges in custody shall take place at the mother's location at 9am on the fifth day of the week. Both Parties shall provide their own transportation.

Any objection?"

"We proposed for 7am" Aga's Lawyer suggests

"Too early, make it 8am" Lea answers

"8am, then" Aga agrees

"As agreed,

2. Exchanges in custody shall take place at the mother's location at 8am on the fifth day of the week. Both Parties shall provide their own transportation.

3. Both parents shall each have up to 3 weeks per year for vacationing with the child, can be used in separate or continuous dates, independent of the other. Vacation plans must be disclosed by each Party to the other at least ten calendar days in advance of any such vacation. In case of an emergency, each Party shall ensure that the other has contact information where the child may be reached during any such vacation.

Any objection?"

"No objection your, Honor"

"Proceed

4. School breaks shall not have any bearing on the custody schedule or custody exchanges described in this Joint Custody Agreement.

Any objection?"

"No objection your, Honor"

" Proceed

5. Both parents shall both ensure that the other's contact information is provided to all child care professionals.

Any objection?"

"No objection your, Honor"   

"Proceed

6. The child shall attend school to where both parties agree taking the top consideration of the child's comfort in the school's environment. Both Parties will be permitted access to child's school records, and both Parties shall be included on all emergency and pick-up lists. In addition, both parents shall each be responsible for child's transportation to and from school and extracurricular activities when they have custody.

Any objection?"

"No objection your, Honor"

"Proceed

7. Both Parties will be permitted access to child's medical records, including any medical bills. In addition, all major medical decisions will be mutually agreed by the Parties.

Any objection?"

"No objection your, Honor"

"Proceed

8. While in the custody or care of one Party, the other shall have reasonably liberal visitation rights.

Any objection?"

"No objection your, Honor"

"The court will be giving both parties to give each one a reasonable clause to be included in the written agreement"

"Your, Honor. The Respondent requests this clause to be included in the written agreement 'the Respondent will have the freedom to decide and modify visitation schedules, (1) where the Petitioner fails to take care of the child, the Respondent has the right to disallow or cancel the visitation schedule of the day. In cases of decisions beyond the scope of the written agreement, the Respondent's decision will, at all times, be honored, respected and followed"

"Opinion or objection is now open for the other party"

"No objection your, Honor" Aga's Lawyer responds

Lea was surprised, shocked that they come up with that decision, quickly. Lea squints, she gives Aga a power gaze to show suspicion Anong balak ni Aga? I can read his moves, there's something going on"

"The Respondent's request to include the clause is granted" the court Judge declares

"Your, Honor" Aga's Lawyer stands up "My client, the Petitioner, vows to sign the written agreement without any objection or request for revisions only if, this clause will be agreed by the other party in the written agreement 'the Respondent, together with the child, will reside in the Philippines for the purpose of close monitoring, where; (1) the child will recognize and acquire the 'Morales' family name, all legal processes will be transacted by the Petitioner's party (2) the Petitioner will provide whatever financial request, in any form, that the other party will propose, request, order or alike (3) the Petitioner will provide his chosen residential home to where the child will stay, (4) the Respondent has the freedom to choose to either work or stay at home'"

Shit, I knew it! Lea said to herself

"Opinion or objection is now open for the other party"

"Ang yabang ni Aga may pa 'in any form' pa. I disagree with the residence; I am under a signed contract in Addenbrooke" Lea tells Miguel

"Objection. The Respondent is under a signed contract in Addenbrooke Hospital. She disagrees with the clause"

"Your Honor, the party is fully aware that the Respondent is under a signed contract in Addenbrooke Hospital. Through an e-mail, the Hospital confirmed that the Respondent is under a signed contract effective until two months after today's date. The Hospital also confirmed the submitted written intent of the Respondent to continue her contract in the said Hospital. However, it can still be invalidated or can be nullifed upon request of the Respondent. Thereby, the Respondent can still choose to invalidate or nullify or annul the submitted written intent"

Lea swallows They are ready for this. Did they really planned for this? "Miguel, tell them that it is my right to choose to continue my work in Addenbrooke and reside in England"

"Your, Honor. We cannot allow the other party to remove the right of the Respondent to choose to continue to work in her chosen workplace and reside in her chosen residence" Miguel defends

"Your, Honor. Again, as mentioned, the Petitioner, vows to sign the written agreement without any objection or request for revisions only if,  the mentioned clause will be agreed by the other party in the written agreement"

"The other party will be given twenty minutes to discuss and decide. The court will only provide a period of two hours for this written agreement, otherwise, the custody case will continue until either of the party can legally prove that he or she is worthy to be granted with full sole custody of the minors" the court Judge said

"Ach? Ano na? What is your decision?"

"Ayoko Miguel! I find no reason to stay here"

"Why? This is your home— this country is your home. Maybe... just maybe, this is the right time to settle down and move on, again. England have already helped you a lot, it's time to mend and glue in whatever pieces you picked up. For me, the clause is okay— the clause is beneficial, it will not do any harm on you. Let the reason for staying here is for Sam and Eli —they need Aga .. you need —"

"Stop it. Huwag mo na ituloy! I understand, fully understand your point" Lea closes her eyes and takes a deep breath "Fine. I will agree but not that the Petitioner will choose where we will live and I will finish my remaining two months contract"

"Your, Honor. We have come up with the decision to agree with the Petitioner's clause but the Respondent does not agree with the subtext that the Petitioner will choose where the Respondent and the minor will live. And that, the Respondent will finish the remaining two months contract"

"Opinion or objection is now open for the other party"

"Okay, I will agree that she will choose where to reside basta within the city lang. At sasama ako sa kanila sa remaining two months"  Aga tells his Lawyer

"Your, Honor. The Petitioner agrees to the decision of the Respondent that she will choose to where they want to reside if, the location is within the city. And that the Petitioner will accompany the Respondent in England on the two remaining months of the contract"

What?? Leche! anong binabalak mo Aga? Are you serious? You're clearly taking advantage of the situation. Fine, i'll give you what you want. Let's see who will give up first Lea thinks

"Opinion or objection is now open for the other party"

"No objection your, Honor"

"But" Lea interjects "I will file for TRO"

"What?" Lea's Lawyers and the panel ask in chorus

"For what?" Aga's Lawyer ask

"For my safety. Baka ma-harass ako!" She defends

Aga snorts "Wow! Ang assuming! Sa mukhang to? Natatakot ka ba sa akin, Lea?"

"Yes, baka anong gawin mo sa akin. Mabuti na yung protected ako ng TRO"

"Ach, we can't file for TRO if wala kang record na na-harass ka in the past" Miguel whispers

"What? Really? Why?"

"That's what the law says"

"You can't file TRO if—"

"Fine, fine. Yes, I know" Lea interpose Aga's lawyer "How unfair naman? Somebody should create a law about that!"

"I am totally harmless, Lea. I don't have any record of criminal charges" Aga teases her

"Then, why will you come with us in England? Anong binabalak mo, Sir?" She counter-attacks

Why? Why? Think, Aga He paused "Doc, I will be there to personally transact and appear in the English court for the change of family name of the twins. What's wrong with that?" He smirks

"The Petitioner and Respondent will now sign the written agreement if there's no objection or revision you may want to suggest"

After signing, the court Judge officially stamped the joint custody written agreement as the court's final resolution of the case.

The court Judge bangs her gavel "RTC branch 143, Makati City case G.R. No. 11-18A-00623-A Full sole custody with Aga Morales as the Petitioner and Lea Carmela Sarmiento as the Respondent. The Petition for full sole custody to Aga Morales, the petitioner, was denied and joint custody agreement is affirmed between Aga Morales and Lea Carmela Sarmiento to the minors Samuel Lorenzo Sarmiento and Elinore Celestinne Sarmiento. So ordered" Once more, the court Judge bangs her gavel "Case is now closed. Session is adjourned"

"Yeah!!!" Miguel is happy, he did not win but it was a draw. Brian was happy, it is, indeed, good to follow and trust you Senior

"Congrats Hannah! You did well! You're the best and cooperative associate I have" Miguel hugs her

"Congrats, Ach! Smile ka na, believe me... Magiging happy ka!" He hugs Lea and she only respond a fake smile "thank you, Miguel even if it turns out to be like this"

"Ach, it's okay... At least diba —after the case, di lang dalawa napanalunan mo... Tatlo!"

"Shut up!" She gritted, suppressing her smile

"Yiiihi... I'm so kilig!!! Why? Why? Is this normal?" Hannah giggles

"No, it's not normal! Magpatingin ka na sa espesyalista!" She teases

The court Judge removes her black robe and leaves the platform. She approach Hannah and Miguel telling them that she's proud to see them in the court. She also recognize the effort and wit that Aga's Lawyer, Brian Trinidad, did. It is truly not easy to meet the Sarmiento's or anybody from that Law Firm inside the court. They are very well-known for winning high-profile cases.

"Your, Honor I will not do this again" Brian said, overwhelmed and laughing

"Ha! Why not? I will and you will expect that clients in a custody case vs the Sarmiento lawyers will get you! Believe me, ikaw pa lang, for the record, ang nakipag-draw sa kanila!"

But Brian knows the truth... behind the 'draw' verdict was the adviser slash coach Atty. Miguel Sarmiento. He was the brain of why they end up to joint custody agreement, instead of Aga, his client, losing the full custody petition. It was his great idea as a solution to reconcile the ill-fated lovers. Brian promised himself, he will not handle cases versus the Sarmiento lawyers —they're tough and wise, as what he heard from other Lawyers. Truly, following and trusting Miguel, will make his career bloom and will put his name on the list. Wow! Influential, indeed. Everybody will now think, that he is a good Lawyer and the only Lawyer who can oppose with the Sarmientos.

"No... No, ang hirap po nilang kalaban, nakakaintimidate. This will not happen again!" Brian laughs

"Hey! You, two!" she calls Aga and Lea "shake hands naman! You won in joint custody agreement, you, —both, should start and learn how to adjust and understand 'joint custody' that would only mean that both of you should be helpful with each other, ha? Tama na ang init ng ulo, tama na ang bangayan! Don't you ever show that attitude in front of my grandchildren! If you do that, the two of you should start to look for the best lawyers who could beat me or your Mom, Lea! Matatanda na kayo, magulang na kayo! You should talk, sincere talking, you know— remember my advice? Lea? Aga?"

Lea sneers "as i've said. No. Way. I'm sorry. No. Bloody hell. Way"

"Might be helpful, darling. Might be helpful" she winks
---------------------------------------------------

Lea breaths in and breaths out. This is the moment, Aga and the twins will meet each other, how can she handle her emotions?

"Okay, first things first; be very careful with  your answers to Eli's questions, she's curious in all things, especially the new ones she will see. With Sam, you will not have problem with him, but sometimes he can trick you with his sweetness, just don't fall for that... you can sense it, anyway. They are totally opposite, and just like typical kids, they are playful. Very. Playful. So you need to increase your patience" Lea orients Aga "Let's try to be okay and cool in front of them"

Aga remains silent, he is nervous and it consumes his system. What will he say to them? His palms were sweaty and his stomach was turning.

The playroom was quite big and the equipment inside are new-ish. Lea found the twins at the swing, they were laughing and squealing.

"Mommy's here!" she greets

"Mom!!!" they call and run towards her

"So.. have you been good while Mommy's not around? While Mommy's inside the adult room?"

The twins give her a huge smile "Yeth! We did not cry! And look... Mommy look, the teacher gave uth gifth becauth we're good!"

"Wow! Did you say 'thank you' to the teacher?"

"Yeth, of courth we say thank you!"

"Okay.. uh.. let's go? there's somebody who wants to meet Sam and Eli today"

"Who? who?" Sam asks and reaching for her. She picks up the little boy into her arms and kisses his cheek "You're so heavy na, Sam!"

They go out of the room to meet Aga who's waiting outside.

"Hi! Look! Who's here?" Lea said in a happy and excited tone "Daddy's here! C'mon embrace him and say Hi, Daddy!"

Sam leans against Lea's shoulder embracing her tight like a glue. Eli, before she can run away, Lea is able to catch and grab her hands and hold it tight.

"No! No!" she squeals

"No? Why? Daddy's here!"

"No!" she protests and hide behind Lea

Aga's heart sinks, he feels an ache in his chest "Hi, Eli! Hi, Sam! I'm your Daddy!"

Eli and Sam stares at him and Aga is being so patient waiting for their response.

"A-are you going to get uth away from Mommy today?" Eli's face scrunches up with worry

"No!" Aga answers immediately, he looks at Eli and smiles "I will not take you away from Mommy"

Aga take a step toward them and Lea watch him get down on his knees in front of Eli "Can I have a hug from Eli?" then he looks up "and from Sam? Daddy really missed them so much"

"Go! Go!" Lea whispers to Sam as she put him down

Finally, Eli and Sam smile at Aga and walk right up to him. Aga wrap his arms tight around Sam and Eli. It brought tears to his eyes: this is what he's waiting for, they are together at last. He kisses each of them on their forehead "I'm sorry, really, sorry. Daddy just came today!" he said

Eli kisses him on the cheek "Ith okay, Dad! Don't cry" hugs him again and pats his back

He swear, his heart melt. That was the most sweetest thing he ever heard. It's surrealhe's a Dad now. At that moment, he promise he would be great, responsible, patient and understanding father to them.

Lea can see Aga's eyes looked brighter than they did before. Not taking his eyes off of the twins, he whispers "You both look amazing and beautiful in person"

---------------------------------------------------

Aga hardly see Bea all week, see —meaning no constant communication. Maybe, a 'Hi' or 'Good morning' and a short reply is good for him enough to remove that conscience of not having a normal boyfriend-girlfriend conversation.

He was busy dividing his attention to his work and the on-going custody case. Now that a joint agreement between him and Lea was granted by the court, somehow, he can finally breath from the exhaustion it brought to him physically and emotionally.

"How are you, Hun?" Bea asks with a big smile from the screen

"Yeah, good. The case is closed with final resolution of joint custody agreement"

"Joint custody?"

"Yes! Joint custody my petition for full sole custody was denied"

"I see. So you'll be seeing her everyday?" she asks and he knows it has a jealous tone in it

"No, not everyday. There is a 'visiting schedule' so literally not everyday"

"C'mon! huwag mo akong gawing tanga!"

"I am not, Honey. It's the truth!"

"Fine. Fine. Okay, i think i'm sleepy na. Gotta go!" Bea said lamely.

"Hey! grabe naman 'to. Ngayon nga lang tayo nag-usap... matutulog ka na agad?"

"Eh kasi naman po, Sir lagi ka na lang busy... may hearing, may project, may meeting, OT, may field inspection. So don't blame me if ngayon lang tayo nag-uusap kasi i'm always making time for you but you see not tonight because i'm sleepy. I. am. tired."

"Okay, Ma'am. I understand you're tired" Aga sighs to show disappointment "So, sleep well! good night, Honey! I love you!"

"Good night!"

And that's it. Skype-ing with the moody now jealous girlfriend. Bea has always a topic to open up to prolong their conversations even at wee hours in New York and day time in the Philippines. She was his alarm clock but not recently after telling her about the paternity test. He thought it was an insensitive and wrong move to tell Bea but he also thought, Bea needs to know all of these because it would be unfair for her and it would be wrong if he will hide it to Bea, it would add up to his sins and the everyday guilt will consume him.

--------------------------------------------------- 

It had been a great couple of weeks with Eli and Sam. Only two weeks together and Aga was already in deep for all three of them. That little princess, Eli, who talks like Mom and asks like the former court Judge Guama (*maternal grandmother), is his little buddy. Eli, the sweet little girl who loves to sleep in Daddy's arms and calls Daddy her big bear. Sam of whom Aga, up to this time, tries to win his heart. Sam's love for Mommy is nondetachable he is undeniably, Mommy's boy and always loves to cuddle and cling to Mom. But Aga see them both as incredible and every minute he got to spend time with them, he fell more and more in love with the twins.

Lea is packing the twins' clothes when just-got-from-bed Sam enters the room

"Good morning, Mum!" he said and throw himself against Lea's legs

"Good morning, Baby!" she reply giggling and snuggling his cheek

"Are we going to Dadth houth again?"

"Yes, my love"

"Why?"

"uhh... because Dad will take care of you for the rest of the week then we'll meet again on Sunday!"

"When ith Sunday? After three morningth?"

She looks at Sam who's eyes looking hard at her "Yes, my love after three mornings"

"I don't want to leave you alone! the big hothpital ith far from here, I know that!"

"Oh, this is not leaving Mommy alone" she gets down on her knees to look the little boy in the eyes "Listen, Sam, now that Daddy is here, he wants to take care of you and Eli, he wants to love you like what Mommy do"

"B-but you are not with uth"

"But we will see each other again after three mornings, right?"

"I don't underthand" he shakes his head, Sam's bottom lip starts quivering and tears welled up in his eyes "I don't underthand, Mum"

Lea feels that her heart is about to burst "Oww, I'm sorry" she hugs him tight and rubs his back. Now this is a negative effect to the adjusting little boy "Sorry. I'm sorry, baby"

She looks at Sam through his tear-filled eyes "What do you want Mommy to do, huh? Tell me, Sam. Don't cry, baby" she sweetly said wiping his tears

"I-i don't want to live there, I want Mommy here and I want Daddy here"

"Okay, You want me to call Dad to just stay here?"

Sam nods his head yes

"Yes?"

"Yeth"

"Okay, I will call Daddy. Don't cry na, ha?"

When Sam left the room, she picks her phone and dials Aga's number. She tells him about Sam's response to their weekly visitation schedule —it was not good, they both agree to that. Lea will now be forced to live with Aga; face him every morning, eat with him during meal time and let the 'ex-boyfriend' stay/overnight stay/sleep over for a number of days in their house, she has no choice but to come up with that quick solution to answer Sam's perplexity in their situation.

---------------------------------------------------

"Good morning, everyone!!" Aga said cheerfully, as he walk into the living room. Lea manage a smile for him.

He brought a lot of paper bags that Lea thought were gifts for the twins. It's the fifth day of the week and supposed to be it's Aga's time to be with the twins but with the incident happened that early morning, Lea decides to change the whole visitation schedule, which is allowed in their joint custody agreement: 9th clause, the Respondent will have the freedom to decide and modify visitation schedules. Lea allows him to freely visit the twins anytime of the week in exchange for the twins will stay in Lea's house — quoting Sam, no living or going to Daddy's house again and leave Mommy alone. Never, ever. 

Adjustments, yes.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Eli shrieks. She run towards him and jumps on his arms. "How's my baby girl? my cutie baby girl" he said will snuggling her neck

Aga settles Eli down and sit across from Sam who's drinking his milk on his training cup while watching the television. He scoop the little boy and kiss him on the top of his sleep-tousled hair "Daddy!" he said and hugs him

"Sam, Mommy said you don't want to go to my house again?"

"Yeth" he said, eyes still on the tv screen

"you don't want to be with Dad?"

"I want Daddy here"

"Okay, Daddy will stay here. Is that okay?" he said and shows a thumbs up for approval

"Really? Yeth!" Sam said, his eyes delight in happiness "Dad, leth not leave Mommy here. Pleath?"

"Yes, yes. Daddy will not leave Mommy" Aga said looking at Lea

Lea hisses hiding her smile "Maaga pa po"

Later, they sit together at the dining room eating breakfast, and it didn't escape Lea how nice it feels. For years, this would be the first time for both of them in one table.

Breath in, breath out, you can handle this, Lea tells herself.

Lea look over Eli and Sam; they were sitting quietly in their portable toddler high chair, spooning pancakes and eggs into their mouths.

"Ganito talaga kayo kumakain? Ang tahimik ah? opposite sa mga pamangkin ko" he laughs

"I always tell them to eat first before playing"

"Wow! idol talaga kita pagdating diyan. Mommy the Head Physician" he jokes

She didn't laugh, ignoring him.

"By the way, are you going tomorrow night? at Scarlett's? pwede bang sabay na tayo?" he cuts the dead air, he knows it was a stupid question, and Lea thinks it was a stupid question, of course, she will attend the 'bestfriend's birthday' but to just interrupt the awkward air, he did it. Shame.

"You're invited?"

"Grabe naman 'to. Yes po, friend din po ako"

"Ahh okay" she nods "Of course, i'm going! Why I wouldn't? it would break her heart. And no, i'll bring my own car!"

"Okay, okay. Mommy will bring her own car!" he said pinching Sam's nose

After they finished eating, Aga got the twins ready for their bath time. He couldn't believe how much he was enjoying spending time with him along with the suplada Mommy. He finds Lea cute naiinis face and reaction whenever he can smoothly attack and tease her.

Lea can hear the twins and Aga talking in the bathroom, this is what she wants all along. She wants Aga to be there for the twins. It was now obvious for her that he wants that, too. It all feel so normal and domestic. She shakes her head, but of course she wouldn't tell Aga about that  hello?

She will protect her heart at all cost —no fancy hopes, no expectations. Aga is just there for the twins and not for her.

She grabs her iPad and went into her room. She curls up on the bed rereading 1984 and plug in her ear pods listening to Spotify's The Essential Barbra Streisand playlist

An hour later, she hear knocks at the door "Mommy? Mommy?"

"Yes, come in"

The door squeaks half-open "Can we tuck in there?" Sam asks in a cute loud voice behind the door

"Sure, my love" The door swing wide open and the twins running in. They throw themselves on the bed.

"Can I come in, too?" Aga asks

"Yeth, Dad! Come here!"

Aga is looking at her while walking towards the bed waiting for her protest but he know by her face that there's nothing she can do to prevent him from being together with him in her precious bed, in her territory —now they're in one bed, he smirks at her to tell her it's a victory.

Lea roll her eyes and makes sure that the twins are in the middle which can prevent him from being too close from her.

In a moment, Eli got out of the bed and run outside the room and Sam follows "where are you going?"

"I'll juth get the book" she said without looking back

"I'll juth get the book" Sam chimes in

And there... Aga and Lea were left alone— alone in the bed... together.

"What?" she asks without looking at him

"What, what?"

"Stop that look. I can see that dirty look, peripherally"

Aga laughs and move closer to her "Why, Mommy? are you scared of what might possibly happen in this bed?"

"One more inch closer at isasampal ko sa iyo itong iPad"

"Ang violent ni Mommy oh. Don't worry, no more inch closer" he said and moves closer to Lea, their arms touch. They both get an electric buzz feeling when their arms meet.

"What are you doing?"

"Moving closer" Aga laughs

"Bwisit ka talaga! Move! Get out!" she said

"Here!!!" Eli squeals holding her favorite story book

"Dad, can you read thith book again"

"Frozen? we've read this last week"

"Yeah, Dad thith one.. read thith, pleath?" Sam pleads as he gives his Dad the Cars storybook

"No, no. I want Frothen again" Eli protests

"No, thith one"

"No. No. No. Frothen"

"Okay, okay. Daddy will do the story telling para walang away"

"Wow, so Daddy can now do a story telling? Wow. Wow" she said, clapping sarcastically

"Yeah, Daddyth good, Mum" Sam agrees

"See? Mommy i'm good in story telling! Right, Sam?"

"Yeth, Daddyth good"

Aga gives Lea an i-win-this-time look "okay, okay mag-kampihan kayo!"

---------------------------------------------------

It was Doc Scarlett's birthday dinner, of course, she wouldn't missed it or else Scarlett will storm into their house and pull Lea's hair, yes that violent, and ask her to defend herself of a reasonable reason why she haven't attended her birthday dinner. Lea wouldn't let that happen.

She pulls into the parking lot of the restaurant. She walk inside and the hostess comes up to her with menus "I'm attending Dr. Pelobello's dinner reservation"

"Ah, okay. This way, Ma'am" the hostess leads her to a hall with RESERVED mark on the door. She was a bit early for the dinner but she can see that Aga is already there, much earlier than her. Wow! Himala, she said to herself.

"Happy birthday, Scarletty!" she greets and hands her gift "Ayan, para magka-baby ka na!"

"Hate you but thank you!"

When she reach the table the others stands up. They exchange hugs, kisses and compliments. Others have seen Lea when she came home a month ago, some see her for the first time. It was a mini reunion with colleagues and former workmates.

She pulls out a chair, putting right next to the birthday celebrant. Scarlett's parents were also there and they were delighted to see Lea "Hi! Lei, how are you?" Scarlett's mom greets, kissing her cheek as well.

"Hi, Tita! it's been so long. I'm happy to see you again. Here, I am, mother of two" she laughs

"Ay mabuti ka pa! We're telling Scarlett to give us grandchildren already pero hanggang ngayon parang wala pa siyang boyfriend, matanda na siya!"

"Mama! please?" Scarlett scolds

"Tita, that's what you don't know. Malay mo, baka may boyfriend na! Ipa-investigate mo kasi!"

"Sometime, I would"

"Shut up Lei, don't feed her with that information... she might do it!"

The waiters come in and set the meals on the table.

"Before we dig in the prepared meals, let's hear first from the birthday celebrant: Dr. Scarlett Pelobello" Justin said, gleefully

Scarlett stands in front with grace "I want to thank you all for coming tonight. Though the notice is just given in short time yet you're all here and it warms my heart. Can I request naman for a message from my dear bitch friend who just came home here, actually a month ago pa, from England... Doc Lea"

"Why me? Pwede bang si Kareena na lang, she's the oldest!"

"Lea! Lea! Lea!" everyone cheers

Finally, Lea stands up —she has no choice.

She clears her throat "Okay, so.. first, Happy Birthday my dear! I don't know why me of all the friends you have here but yeah, Happy Birthday! You know that I love you so much and whatever and wherever I am today, you are part of it. You are part of every milestones in my life.

We're together for let-us-not-mention the years but all of you know since we're in high school. And all of those years, I've seen how you grow up, how you matured and how you face every life's challenges. I've seen your laughter and tears and I am thankful that I've met a brave and strong woman like you. That you are my bitch-friend.

My mom used to say you're the best daughter she never had and just so you know, I don't feel less or jealous at all... you can have her anyways" She laughs

"no, that's just a joke. My wish for you on your birthday is what I always wish and hope for you everyday: to be healthy physically and emotionally. I hope you would find your one true love just like I found mine..." Lea can see everyone's eyes are on Aga "yeeeheee" the crowd tease

"mine... in my children's presence. Kayo talaga! Pwede din mag move on" everyone laughs "but yes, Scar, that's what I wish for you everyday that may you find your true happiness. I love you and please know, I always think of you! Toast for the birthday celebrant, cheers!"

"Cheers!" they said and clicks their glasses

After dinner, they decide to head on a nearby club. On the way there, Lea calls the twins' yaya to check on them. The yaya sends her a short clip of the twins eating popcorn while watching movie. "Look, ang techy ng yaya nila Sam at Eli" she tells Kareena and Scarlett

"I'll tell my yaya to do that also" Kareena laughs

The girls and their gay friends were sitting on a half circle couch by the dance floor. Aga stands at the bar with the other guys from the birthday dinner. His eyes piercing on Lea whom he can see enjoying her drink while chit-chatting with her friends, he checks her from time to time. He and Lea haven't talked nor got near with each other at the birthday dinner, thanks for the guys who keep on conversing with him, asking him about his company, his life at New York and etc. —that makes him seems busy.

"So... you're in one house na?" Justin asks

"Ang bilis ng balita" Lea shakes her head"Yes... for the twins"

"Weh? Ganun ganun lang? napapayag siya agad? Eh, nag file nga siya ng petition— "

"Kasi mahal niya si Doc. Ano ba kayo?"

"Shut up!" Lea barks

"Mahal ka niya! Mahal mo siya!"

"Tama na please, tama na! Ayoko na ng ganyang usapan" Lea pleads covering her ears

"Hindi eh, mahal mo pa siya!"

"Mahal ka pa niya!"

"Mahal mo siya, Lea. Mahal mo siya!"

"Fine, fine! Okay, mahal ko pa siya!" everybody paused "but that was the alcohol talking" she laughs

The club was filling up quick and the glasses of alcoholic drinks are also fast to clear in their table. Enough Lea, you will not drink that shot glass, she tells herself. She can sense she's almost to hit her tolerance —but she did, one shot and the crisp of the alcohol resonates in her nerves.

"Aga! Aga! come here, babes! Come!" drunk Justin calls him.

"Aga ihatid mo yan! Don't let her drive" Scarlett advises "that's enough, Lea. You're drunk!"

"Scarletty, it's your birthday! Akala ko ba unli-cocktails?"

"Yes, it is unlimited but you're drunk!"

"We are not drunk, babes" Justin said leaning on Aga's

"I am not! My alcohol tolerance is increased to around 15 to 20%. How cool was that? I extracted my own blood from my vein and let it examine!" Lea tells everybody "and you know what, the machine told the operator, I got high tolerance"

"So... you mean, the machine can now talk?"

"Stupid, the machine can't talk" and they burst into laughter

Scarlett laughs too "Now, it's clear that you're drunk, you don't know what you're talking about" She takes away the Tequila glass in Lea's hand "Aga, iuwi mo na 'yan!"

"Fine... i'll unfriend you, you're so mean... pinapaalis mo na ako!"

"Kasi Doc, you're drunk na po!"

"Let's go home" Aga wraps his leather jacket to Lea

"Let's?" she clarifies "No, I —I will go home. It's my house, why I  can hear your ownership too?"

"Fine... I will let you go to your home"

"Good!" She pats Aga's shoulder "Now remove that hand wrapped in my hips. I can handle myself!"

Aga removes his hand and let her walk, wobbly. In a moment, she lost her balance. Lea almost fell on the floor if it wasn't with the chair she was able to weakly grasp "Aga!" she calls "bakit mo ako binitawan?"

"Sabi mo diba? 'remove that hand' eh di ni-remove ko po, Madame!"

She laughs "No.. no.. no, bakit. mo. ako. binitawan?"

"Let's talk about that some other time"

"No... tell Scarlett the reason why so she'll tell me if I'm not drunk anymore!"

Lea shows up signs of throwing up

"O.. o. Stop talking na, you'll throw up! Good night na Lei!" Scarlett bids "Ingatan mo 'yan ha. Be nice, huwag mo na patulan kahit may sasabihin siyang masakit"

"Don't worry... nasanay na ako, kahit hindi siya lasing masakit pa rin ang sinasabi niya!" Aga laughs

"But really, thank you for being there for her. Thank you for understanding, ganyan naman talaga kaming mga babae —minsan complicated, minsan magulo but she still loves you. Thank you for coming back. Win her again!"

---------------------------------------------------

It takes him minutes to discuss with a drunk woman to who's car they will be using. "Please ha, konti na lang mauubos na ang pasensya ko, Lea. Come here!" he orders, trying to be in-command

"Don't shout! Huwag mo akong sigawan! Ayoko ng naninigaw!"

"I don't want to pero ang tigas ng ulo mo! Come here.—" he chuckles seeing her napipikon face "Inside my heart" he said softly for her not to hear

Lea walk towards him standing at the front of the car's front seat. She pinch his nose and smiles "narining ko yun"

---------------------------------------------------

"Babe?" Lea looks at Aga with sticky eyes "Babe?" she puts her hand on top of his inner thigh "I think now is the time"

"No" he gently removes her grip "Ayokong pumatol sayo!"

"Why?" she face him and seductively removes his jacket, pulls her loose lace top down to reveal her cleavage "Don't you find me attractive?"

Aga pulls her top up and wrap her again with his jacket "Sit properly, don't move too much. I tell you, you'll throw up if you constantly move" he said as he buckle her seat belt

"No" she tugs his sleeve to pull him closer "Kiss me!"  she orders

He stares at her. It was the first time, after many years, that he was able to see her prepossessing eyes closely, again. He missed those joyous eyes he used to see everyday.

"Oh, no... oh, no" he quickly unlock the car's door and opens it

And yes... Lea throws up. And no... not in his new car, fortunately.

He got off the car, comes around and help her out of the car careful not to step on her puke. He patiently wait for her to finish her throwing-up session. He can hear the gagging sound.

He walks close to her and rubs her back. He hands her the Kleenex box "Are you done?"

"Don't laugh at me!"

"I am not"

"I can hear you in my head"

"Because... you always think of me! Kaya ganun!"

"Assuming! Bili ka pa ng maraming hopia"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

UP NEXT:

She can see, peripherally, the woman is assessing her. What's your problem brat? the other Lea in her mind said

Lea can't handle it. Finally, she looks to confront her "Yes? Is there something I can help you with, Miss?"

"Well, there's actually none"

"Okay" she said coolly and turns her back to get out of the scene before the bitch Lea side of her comes out

"Dr. Lea Sarmiento" the woman calls

"Yes?" she turns around

"This can't continue" the woman said "I just want you to know that I am very territorial. What is mine is mine and I don't like to share it with someone else"

"Oh. oh. oh. Now I get it. You're Aga's girlfriend? Right?"

"Yes" she said with pride "They were right, you're smart. By the way, I'm his Girlfriend slash Fiancee"

"Fiancee?"

"Fiancee. Why? Hindi niyo ba napapag-usapan?"

"Nope! of why we should talk about you? Not. a. single. chance"

"Well then...I tell you to keep out of the zone, layuan mo si Aga" she tells Lea sternly and straight in the eyes

"Wai-wait? What did you just say? Layuan ko si Aga? Correction. Hindi ako ang lumalapit. Siya... siya ang naghahabol"

"Hindi siya maghahabol kung hindi ka nagpapahabol"

"If it's not with Ama, matagal na kaming bumalik sa England. So I think that's clear, hindi ako nagpapahabol"

"Ama?"

"Yes, Ama"

"Who's Ama?"

Lea freezes with the girlfriend's question "What? Really? You don't know who Ama is?"

The woman fakes a laugh "Bakit? Panganay niya rin ba?"

Fuck off. Poor woman.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have a great week!!!!

Vote and leave a comment!

X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 34.8K 54
Rivalry, a basketball athlete and a culinary student had never seen herself attracted to any men. Despite her friends' persistent attempts to set her...
46.5K 1.7K 53
A love letter, a confession, and a blossoming heart. I got nothing to lose, only my heart to break.
1M 33.4K 43
(Game Series # 10) Tali coursed through life with ease. Coming from a family full of lawyers, she knew that getting a job would not be a problem. Kai...