I'm Falling In Love ... and I...

Oleh LuvErChiicK

Casey Luongo meets Emelyne Sherwood unexpectedly, and the two don't take long to fall head over heels in love... Lebih Banyak

I'm falling in love... and it's ARRANGED!?
I'm falling in love... and it's ARRANGED!? (*2*)
I'm falling in love... and it's ARRANGED!? (*3*)
I'm falling in love... and it's ARRANGED!? (*4*)
I'm falling in love... and it's ARRANGED!? (*5*)
I'm falling in love... and it's ARRANGED!? (*6*)
I'm Falling In Love... and It's ARRANGED!? (*7*)
I'm Falling In Love... and It's ARRANGED!? (*9*)
I'm Falling In Love... and It's ARRANGED!? (*10*)
I'm Falling In Love... and It's ARRANGED!? (*11*)
I'm Falling In Love... and It's ARRANGED!? (*12*)
I'm Falling In Love... and It's ARRANGED!? (*13*)
I'm Falling In Love... and It's ARRANGED!? (*14*)
I'm Falling In Love... and It's ARRANGED!? (*15*)
I'm Falling In Love ... and It's ARRANGED!? *16*
I'm Falling In Love ... and It's ARRANGED!? *17*
I'm Falling In Love ... and It's ARRANGED!? *18*
I'm Falling In Love ... and It's ARRANGED!? *19*
I'm Falling In Love ... and It's ARRANGED!? *20*
I'm Falling In Love ... and It's ARRANGED!? *21*
I'm Falling In Love ... and It's ARRANGED!? *22*
I'm Falling In Love ... and It's ARRANGED!? *23*
I'm Falling In Love ... and It's ARRANGED!? *24*
I'm Falling In Love ... and It's ARRANGED!? *25*
I'm Falling in love ... and it's ARRANGED!? *26*
chapter 27

I'm Falling In Love... and It's ARRANGED!? (*8*)

17.5K 173 25
Oleh LuvErChiicK

chapter 8

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Melanie's P.O.V)

Where the hell was that boy!?

I looked at the clock again, wondering what could possibly be taking him so long.

He'd promised to grab the girl from school and bring her over immediately. There wasn't much time left. The council didn't like to wait.

Someone cleared their throat behind me, causing me to turn. Just the person I'd feared, and now he was here as well.

"Mrs. Luongo." he greeted, his voice stern.

I forced a smile and shook his hand, not really wanting to.

"Mr. Perry." I greeted back.

He was the head of the council. Ever since I'd been a little girl, he'd been a part of the council. Back then, he'd been the creepy man who never spoke much. Now he was the same, only creepier and much older.

I feared for my son. If only he got his lazy ass here fast enough!

I led Mr.Perry to the conference room and found my way back to the sitting area, where I continued worrying over my idiot of a son who was late.

A hand touched my shoulder and I quickly jumped.

"Easy, It's just me."

I smiled up at Doug, feeling instantly calmer. He had that effect on me.

"Thank god you're here! I was falling apart." I explained, a little out of breath.

He wrapped his arms around me, gently rocking me.

"What else are husbands for." he teased, bringing a genuine smile on my face for the first time that day.

We broke apart at the sound of a car coming closer, and both looked out the window to see who'd arrived.

I sighed in relief when I recognized our son's car. I rushed to the door and flung it open, waiting for him to explain himself. Though deep down, I secretly wanted to see the girl as well.

Doug stood next to me, his arm around me.

"Honey, promise me you'll be nice." he whispered, staring straight ahead.

I looked at him and realized he was actually worried about how I'd act with the girl, which surprised me. I knew I could get a little annoying at times, but I'd never "not" be nice to my future daughter in law.

I didn't have time to promise anything however, because my son was walking towards me, only there was something off key about it.

He was supporting the girl as if she was having a hard time walking.

At a closer look, I realized she was partly unconscious.

Doug seemed to realize as well, and he ran to help. I followed him as well, wondering if the day could get any worse.

"Casey! What happened?" I asked breathlessly, putting an arm around the girl.

She was groaning, but her eyes were shut. Doug felt her head and asked her a few questions, to which she simply nodded or shook her head.

Then, surprising us both, Casey lifted her into his arms and carried her inside the house.

He lay the girl down on the couch and I brought him a glass of water.

"Doug, you're a doctor. Do something!" I asked.

He looked at me with a patient look, which I understood instantly. I was loosing my calm again. Fanning myself, I moved to the seat next to Casey and sat down.

"Has the council arrived?" he asked.

I swallowed and nodded, unable to speak.

"I'm sorry I'm late. But, Emelyne needed to know." he said, looking at the girl lying on the couch.

I moved forward and lay a hand on his shoulder.

"Sweetheart, you were supposed to let her "know" way before. She should have known by now." I tried to sound calm, but the nervousness was there.

"Mom, it's not that easy! She... she's in love with someone else." he couldn't even look me in the eye.

There was a loud knock on the door, and we all looked up to see Sherry, the housekeeper. A middle aged, plump woman I'd recently hired.

"Mrs. Luongo. The council awaits." She said, her voice heavily accented.

I nodded and dismissed her, looking at the clock again.

"We really, really need to go in there Doug." I said, getting up.

He did one last check up and stood as well, glancing at Casey.

"It's up to you son. She's in semi-unconsciousness, you have to make her come back." he spoke so matter of factually, that I looked at him as if he'd lost his mind.

"My daughter in law could be in grave danger, and you're leaving it up to him!?" I whispered, though at that moment I'd really liked to yell.

He sighed and rolled his eyes, a gesture which I found a little too immature for a man of his age.

"Melanie, she needs to be reassured. She'll come out of it soon. But he can bring her back sooner." he was speaking while he took me by the arm and dragged me, literally, from the room.

Why couldn't this family ever be normal!? Was I always the one who never understood anything!?

........................................................................................

(Emelyne's P.O.V)

I could hear someone talking to me in a soft, quiet voice. They seemed so far away, yet so close at the same time.

Suddenly, something wet hit me hard, and I sat up.

Casey was holding an empty glass in his hand, an apologetic look on his face. I realized my top was completely soaked, and so was my face.

"I'm so glad you're awake." he said quietly.

I looked around me, confused. What had happened to me?

I remembered everything all of a sudden. Including the marriage proposal. Well, if it could be considered a proposal anyway!

"M-marry!?" I said, my voice scratchy.

He sighed and sat next to me, taking my hand. The gesture seemed all to familiar, I swallowed hard and look at him.

"I know how hard and unbelievable this might be. But the council is here and I need to let them know you've agreed to marriage. We can talk about this later." he said it all to fast, I could hear the impatience in his voice.

"I-I don't even know you!" he was practically a stranger, how could he expect me to take it all in stride.

I could have sworn I saw hurt pass his features, but his expression was blank just as fast. He stood up and pointed to the door.

"Emelyne, they're all in there right this second, waiting for me to admit my defeat. They expect me to go to them and give up. I want them to know they aren't going to win this time." he spoke so passionately, with so much emotion, that for a second I could've agreed to anything.

But I was still confused as hell. And who the hell was the council!?

"The council?" I asked.

"It's a family thing. My family has been trapped within their game for a very long time, Emelyne. My parents, whom you'll meet soon, were also brought together because of them. But that was just luck, because trust me, the matches they approve are meant to destroy lives, not make them. And my parents love each other very much." he answered, pacing the floor.

"W-what? Casey, you're confusing me." I said, looking at him.

He ran a frustrated hand through his hair, stopped to look at me, and then started pacing again.

"It's a long story, which I promise I'll explain later. But let's just put it this way. The council is a group of jackasses who want money. Any fortune they can get their hands on. My family has that kind of money. Some old contracts show that they can get their hands on our money easily. One of those ways is through marriage. I have to marry whenever they decide. And they've decided now." he explained.

He stopped to pour himself some liquor from a crystal decanter lying on a fancy tray. When he saw my expression, he sighed and drowned the entire glass in the sink, putting me to relief. I hated alcohol!

"A month ago, we were notified about their decision. My mother's been frantic ever since. Looking for the perfect bride. Then she met your mother, whom she made some kind of deal with. You were promised to me, Emelyne. And I really, really need your help!" he came over and sat on his knees in front of me, taking both my hands.

"Please, Emelyne. Please marry me. Give me a chance." he whispered.

I felt like I was being torn inside. Casey had saved my life. He deserved as much. But I couldn't just marry him. I mean, I barely knew him.

And there was the fact that I was in love with someone else. Someone who hadn't even crossed my mind until this very minute.

What did that tell me? Was I even supposed to love him? Was Jeremy Burton the guy for me ........ or was it all along Casey Luongo!?

........................................................................................................................................

SoOOoOOOo I finally got around to this story!

I know I haven't uploaded since ever!

So plz plz plz Comment and tell me how you liked it~

And VOTEE PLEASE~! :)

=)

Lanjutkan Membaca