Remedial Heart (LeAga)

By welsyelsie

A medical drama-romance story about two wounded people. May this inspire you to love the medical world; they'... More

Remedial Heart
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine (ASYSTOLE)
forty (REHABILITATION)

seventeen

6.3K 130 16
By welsyelsie

Friendly reminder: Contents in this chapter may or may not have been done in real cases inside the Operating Room. Please do not take it seriously, it may induce/prompt/trigger Surgical Operation procedure phobia.

--------------------------

He came back with a white paper bag and handed it to me.

I squinted my eyes in confusion "What's this?"

He pinched my cheek "Mood stabilizer"

I opened the bag and there's one pint Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream

"I hate you!" I blurted.

He wrapped his arms around me and burrowed my face into his chest

"Sorry... I should've respected your decision. I love you, Doc!"

"Sorry Babes, I shoud've not raised my voice earlier. Am I too impolite?" I said

"Well... ganyan naman siguro ang mga babae kapag naiirita na"

He opened the ice cream and started to eat.

I laughed seeing his excited face like a child as he opened the ice cream.

"I thought that's mine..."

"Share tayo" he fed me the ice cream from the spoon he used. "Everytime you feel bad or if everything goes wrong; a tub of ice cream makes everything better"

---------------------

It's the last Friday of the month and the squad decided to have a dinner get-together in a new restaurant owned by one of our med colleagues. This time, I went with Aga—to finally, formally introduce him to them.

We walked towards the reserved room for private dining.

The staffs are busy serving the food.

"Hi!"

"Sakto!" Patricia greeted dinner's served "Hi—" she hugged and kissed me on the cheek "lovebirds" she whisphered

"Eeew ano ba?" I said while pinching her waist

"This is Aga" I started "This is Patricia Alonzo she prefers being a mom than being a Pediatrician, yes... she's a devoted mom, i don't know the wife part they laughed —her husby Noel Alonzo. I bet you'll get along well kasi he's a Civil Engineer."

Pare— Noel offered a handshake.

"This is Kareena Villarubia, THEfamous Dr. Villarubia. She's a Pediatrician too, and she's famouspinipilahan!"

She chuckled "Stop it! Masyadong overemphasized, Lei! —" She extended her hand for a handshake "Hi, Aga! It's nice to finally meet you!"

"Hi Doc Kareena! "

"— and her husband Zach Villarubia." They bumped their shoulders and gave a pat on the back.

"Hello Sir Aga, my name is Kaitlyn Lianna Chua MD, call me Kate or Katey" Usual Kaitlyn who introduced herself "We can talk about—"

"— Kaitlyn!" I warned. I know this woman will persuade Aga to participate on her dream 'triplets project' "—do not dare to talk about it"

"Ano ba, we'll talk about my Clinic renovation plan lang naman!"

"Uh-huh? That's not what the tone of your voice means."

"Hello, Doc Kate. Nice to meet you! I'll surely help about your renovation plan" He said

"This is—"

"Justin— Justin Zamora, you can call me... Juicy"

We laughed "Ang sagwa, Justin" Kareena blurted

"He's Ramon Nemesio Zamora Jr, we call him Justin because of the Junior but he's Ramon, that's what our Seniors call him"

"Grabe naman Lea, konting filter naman"

"Hi, Doc Justin" Aga offered a handshake but Justin hugged him and kissed Aga on his cheeks

"I like the sexy dimples!"

"Oh—step back! Step back!" I instructed

"Eto naman... madamot" Justin muttered

"And of course— you know this woman, Scarletty"

"Hi, Doc!"

"Hi, Sir Aga! Welcome to the family!"

"C'mon, Let's eat na!"

--------------------

Over dinner, we talked about the new bistro and the new restaurants sprouting in the city but mostly, they talked about Aga's accident and recovery period and the life that Aga would probably face if he'll settle down with a Doctor. 

"— just... don't cheat on her and I'll claw your eyes right out."

"or eliminate in the group!"

"We'll always be on Lea's side... even if she'll be unreasonable or she'll become a monster"

"Have you already seen her transformed?"

"Partial-ly" he said

They laughed

"Ah! you'll dislike her when she starts to cuss!"

"You did met with Tita Joy, right?"

"Yes"

"How was it?" Trisha and Kate asked in chorus

"Nagalit ba? Nang insulto? o na intimidate ka?"

"Na intimidate" he chuckled "but she's kind, she even offered a cup of coffee and cooked s'mores!"

"Really?" they asked, awed

"Oh my... is that a sign of approval?"

"I don't know, she said 'he still has to prove himself'; she just flew to England, she left with no concrete statement of approval" I answered
-------------------------

"Pare— umiinom ka ba?" Noel asked

"Oo naman pero..." he pointed at me "'closely monitored' ako ngayon, next week na kasi ang susunod kong operation"

"Lei, isa lang naman" Noel pleaded

"Hun, behave nga" Trisha instructed "alcohol is bad for pre-op"

"One lang naman, Hun" Noel said "Diba—Scar, okay lang naman 'yon?"

"Naman!!! okay lang!" Scarlett agreed

"Kitams, Doctor niya may sabi!"

"Paki-klaro naman yung sinasabi mong 'isa lang naman', Noel?" They just laughed and the boys went at the bar area of the restaurant.

"Moderate lang Babes, ha?" I whisphered

------------------------

"I have a chismis about Thomas" Kareena started "I bet you'll not like it, Lei"

"What? Is he expecting another child, again?"

"No—not that!" she chuckled "He moved in here sa Manila and...."

"And—?" we asked

"And... he applied for affiliation at St. Paul's!"

"What?" Justin asked, displeased with what he heard

"Yes! and he even choose to train under a proficient mentor of.... code Blues" she chuckled " — Dr. Lea Carmela Sarmiento!"

"Bwiset!" I hissed

"Nakalagay talaga sa filled application niya ha Department: Emergency and Critical Care Unit Mentorship: Sarmiento, MD; wala naman sigurong ibang Sarmiento sa St. Paul?"

"Justin, saluhin mo naman ako!"

"I have Critical Care Unit mentorship na, Lei. Nasa half na kami"

"Insert mo sya!"

"Do you have access with your competing hospital, Kareena?"

"An HR staff of St. Paul kasi is one of my clients, crush niya si Thomas kaya na kwento niya!"

"What the heck is he trying to prove?" I furrowed my brow

"Girl, take this as a positive opportunity; it's time to make revenge! Make him suffer!" Kate said

Scarlett added "Oo nga! I'll help you! It's the most perfect time to make him regret of letting you go—of losing you!"

"Ooops! Diba nag-moved on na? May bago na nga eh. Kayong dalawa ha, para kayong hindi adults— do not feed Lea with immaturity" Patricia scolded

"He should not treat me and pretend like we're old friends who should catch up or else— ipapahiya ko siya! Ang kapal pa naman ng pagmumukha 'nun"

Unfortunately, not everyone can break up and stay friends. In fact, I'd say most couldn't. That is why I lose Thomas, as one of my best friends. Am I ready to work with him? I will try to be compassionate this time, i will try to choose to remember that somehow, I have had good memories with him, the good times should outweigh the bad and forgiveness should outweighs pain.
---------------------

It's past midnight and the two women with children decided to go home and called it a night. We went outside the room and found the boys being drunk at the bar.

"Babes! Enough na!" I removed the bottle in his hands "Let's go home!"

He just flashed a dimpled smile. He's clearly drunk, his flushed face could tell.

Aga managed to stand up and walk straight unlike the other two boys. He kept a firm grip on my hand. 

"We'll go. See you next time, Trish! Kars!"

"Drive safely ha, Lea"

"May driver, Trish. No worries!"

We exchanged cheek kisses as we bid goodbye.
-----------------------

Aga rested his head on my shoulder while we were inside the car

"Ihatid muna natin 'to, Dan" I said

"No— ikaw muna!"

"Look at you, you're drunk! Kaya ikaw muna!"

He pressed his face close to my neck, sniffing it.

"Ang bango pa rin!" he whisphered. I shook my head, I can tell he's into something— he's turned on.

"Stop it!" I whisphered through gritted teeth

I removed his face pressed on my shoulder but just like a magnet, he pressed himself again.

Dan pulled up the car in front of Aga's townhouse. He opened the car's door for us and the gate as well.

"Hey! Hey! Babes!" I woke him up "Sweetheart, we're here na!"

He still kept his firm grip on my hand as I led him to his room upstairs.

"Let go of my hand na, i need to go"

He threw himself in the couch and pulled me.

"Let go na, Babes. You're drunk! Take a rest na!"

He put his arms around me, caressed my face and started kissing my neck and my earlobe. He pressed himself between my thighs.

I can feel his erection. "Can you feel it?" he said while he continued to plant kisses on my neck "That's how you affect me! Babes...please? I need you tonight"

I pushed my head away and blocked his lips with my palm when he bended over to kiss me.

"No—not too fast, Sir!" He immediately stopped and leaned back at the couch and covered his face with his hands "Sorry, Babes.. I am sorry!"

"It's okay! I understand your... needs" I chuckled

He closed his eyes and rested.

I kissed his temple "I'll go... rest well, Babes! Let's fulfill that need when you're not drunk anymore!"

I was about to get out of his room when he ran towards the bathroom and threw up in the sink. I rubbed his back while he is throwing up. I let him sit upright on the toilet seat.

"Sit upright, I'll go down to get a glass of water."

When I got back, I saw him still throwing up in the sink.

"Are you okay? Here—drink up!"

He shook his head no "Ang sakit ng ulo ko, nahihilo ako"

I held his hand; cold fingers are noted. He stood up again and throw up.

This time I called the ER service phone

Yes, Doc Lea?

...........

Who's this please?

........... 

Si Julia po.

........... 

Ahh okay, Jul. Are you busy?

........... 

Hindi naman po Doc

........... 

Who's on-duty?

........... 

Si Doc Clarence po

........... 

Good. Can you do me a favor? I'll send a text message

........... 

Sure po

........... 

Meron ako papapuntahin sa ER, Dan ang name niya. Please give the following
macroset #1
microplaster #1
IV cannula g.20 #1
S.gloves s.7 #1 pair
Plain LR 1L bot #1
3cc #3
Alcohol pad #5
Metoclopramide 10mg/2mL amp #1
Ranitidine 50mg/2mL amp #1
Receipt under my name, i'll pay later pls tell the Pharmacist.
And please include a tourniquet, my BP-app and Stet. Thanks!

-----------------------
"Dan" I called

"Yes po, Doc. Okay na po? Uuwi na po ba kayo?"

"No, i'll stay here. Masama kasi ang pakiramdam ni Aga. Can you please do me a favor?"

"Ha? Ano po ang nangyari?"

"Kanina pa siya nagsusuka eh, napadami siguro ang na inom. Please pumunta ka muna sa hospital—sa ER, look for Nurse Julia please tell her your name and she'll give you the medicines I ordered."

I went back in his room, he's still at the toilet seat, restless—head's leaned at the wall.

"Babes, huwag ka muna matulog! I-fa-fast drip pa kita ng Dextrose! Kanina ka pa nagsusuka, baka ma-dehydrate ka na."

I removed his polo shirt and sponge bathed him with warm water to alleviate his condition.

"Ang swerte ko naman!" he chuckled, weakly

"Yes, Sir. I never do this—only to you."

He giggled. "Magaling na ako!"

"Stay at ease, 'kay? Im not yet done"

-----------------------
Dan handed me a bag with the medicines and supplies inside.

"Babes, can you manage to stand up and go here at your bed?"

He stood up and walked wobbly. "Oh! careful!"

I place his arm on my shoulder to support him. "Pwede bang magpakasal na tayo bukas?" he asked

"Hmm...look at you, you're blasted!"

"Sige, sa Monday na lang?"

"May duty pa po ako sa Monday!"

"I love you, Babes. Thank you for being the best Doctor ever!"

"I love you too, Sir even if your breath smells. Eeew!"

I piled up the pillows so he can lie down in inclined position. I opened the bag and assembled and correctly labeled his IV line.

With gloves on, I applied a torniquet to occlude his venous flow, I palpated his radial pulse to ensure that the arterial flow is not obstructed. "Clench your fist"  I instructed and lightly tapped the vein with my fingertips to distend the vein.

In a circular motion, I cleaned the site using an alcohol swab before inserting the needle.

He grimaced.

"Takot ka ba sa needle?"

He nodded. I laughed and pinched his nose.

"Do you love me, Babes?" I said, sweetly

"Yes, super love"

"If that is so...you need not to be afraid, 'kay? Sweetheart?"

I inserted the needle at the venipuncture site and released the tourniquet. In the injection port of the tubing, I administered the Metoclopramide 10mg/2mL ampule.

"Mahapdi ba?"

"Yes, konti"

I gently massage his arm to ease the prickly pain.

I looked at him and smiled "Are you okay?"

He nodded.

"Okay, we're done. Don't move that much, you have IV insertion. You can sleep na...good night, Babes!"

I fixed our mess and changed his clothes. I removed his shoes and socks then his pants leaving his boxers on. So—this is how it feels to live with a man— to be a wife. I searched for clothes to tuck-in in his closet. I tied my hair with a rubber band, removed my make-up, washed up and wear an over-sized shirt and his boxers.

He's sleeping soundly. His face is so calm and gentle. I went down to his kitchen and cooked chicken porridge so he can fill his empty stomach. I saw oranges in the fruit rack and decided to make orange juice.

"My lord—" I startled, the oranges almost fell down in my hands "nakakagulat naman po kayo!"

"Naku! pasensya na po... kanina ko pa kasi sinisilip at iniisip kung sino po yung nagluluto dito sa kusina. Kayo po ba si Doc Lea?"

"Opo, ako po."

"Ako po pala si Minda, kasambahay ni Sir Aga— ako na po diyan, Doc!"

"Ahh okay na po, malapit na po ako matapos!"

"Mag a-alas quatro na po ng umaga. Mukhang di pa po kayo natutulog?"

"Opo eh, naparami po yata yung na inom niya kagabi kaya ayun po nagsuka ng marami. Kaya pinagluto ko po muna siya para magkalaman ang tiyan niya."

"Naku! Ang swerte naman ni Sir. Alam nyo po ba masyadong masakitin si Sir? Malusog lang siyang tingnan pero masakitin po siya. Ewan ko nga po eh. Minsan na Dengue siya, minsan naman na Pulmonya pero madalas may Asthma siya, ngayon eto naman, ewan ko lang kung ano na naman ang susunod, sana wala na. Kaya nga siguro pinagtagpo kayong dalawa, Doc. Bagay kayo!"
-----------------------

"Babes? Babes? Wake up!"

"Ye-yes?" He stretched his arms

"Oh, careful with the hand. Eat this porridge to fill up your stomach, i've prepared it for you."

He rubbed his eyes Wow! You really did? — I want to use the bathroom first and mag to-toothbrush na rin... po"

I assisted and carried his IV bottle. I observed him as he brushed his teeth. This time, he somehow regained his normal face. I assumed he feel better.

We ate the chicken porridge together and finished the last bit of it.

"Do you feel better now?" I asked

"Yes, better"

"Next time ha, when I said in moderation—in moderation po. Look at you now...you must know when to stop or how many bottles can you handle. And Minda said you have Asthma—"

"Ahh —nakwento na pala niya!" He interjected

"Yes, and you didnt tell me about it! Alcohol can trigger Asthma. Buti na lang di ka inatake kagabi! I'll keep an eye on you— you should not drink that much."

"Opo... opo, sorry na po! Sorry na po, Doc!" He hugged me from behind "I like your shirt—" he whisphered and kissed my shoulder "—and MY boxers you're wearing."

"Ang ano mo—"

"Anong 'ano'? Spill it." He tickled my side "C'mon, spill it! Spill it, Lea!"

He me showered with kisses "Matulog ka na, pagod na ang mga mata mo... I'm sorry for keeping you awake"

"Asus—kung di ka lang ano—"

"Ano kasi yang 'ano' na yan?"

We lie on the bed face-to-face with each other. He looked into my eyes and heartily said "Thank you, Babes!"

I touched his face "All for you—" and kissed him.

He kissed me back, deepened it. I moved my tongue slowly into his mouth as he does the same. In a slow, circular motion, I gently moved my tongue up and down and rest it on top of his. I stroked his hair. He moaned. He slipped his hand under my shirt and started to unhook my brassiere. Before we can go far, I suppressed my emotions and cut the scene.

I gave him a big smile and a quick kiss  "Let's sleep na" I said

He spooned me  I lie on my side, facing away from him, so that his chest is up against my back. He wrapped his arms around me, careful enough not to dislodge the IV insertion. He rested his chin on my shoulders, bringing our faces closer together. I can feel his hardened manhood. I let him to make me feel it. He kissed my hair and whisphered "Sleep well"

---------------------------

Today is Aga's Operation schedule for the removal of the internal cast in his bone. After the completion of his medical clearance, he was adviced to be admitted on the same day as the Operation schedule. His Ama and all his Titas are present for the novena in his room. I felt sorry I wasnt there because of our on going committee meeting.

It's two o'clock in the afternoon and we talked before he was transmitted in the Operating Room

I rubbed the back of his neck "Are you nervous, babe?"

He sighed "Earlier I was, but you're here—so okay na ako!"

"I'll be inside the operating room, i'll do the scrub—assisting Doc Scarlett"

He touched my face and scooped my chin. He kissed me gently "I love you forever"

"I love you forevermore" I giggled

"You'll be fine, i'll make sure you'll wake up kasi po—" I took his glasses off his face, and traced the bridge of his nose with my index finger "—hindi pa po kita napapakinabangan."

I laughed at the thought. Should I say it? No.

"Kasi... what?— why are you laughing?"

"Wala—wala, nevermind nalang"

I pinched his cheeks "Ang cute mo, babes"

-------------------

We gathered at the scrubbing area. Two surgeons— Scarlett as the primary, the Anesthesiologist, three scrub Nurses, two circulating Nurse, and the three medicine students.

I saw Scarlett in her most serious face totally different from the room-mate Scarlett I knew. This is her at the operating room.

We started scrubbing before we entered the sterile area. I held my hands and forearms away from my body. The circulating Nurse put on my sterile gloves and tied my sterile gown.

The surgical lamp was turned on. The drapes are down to create a sterile barrier and maintain a sterile field during the procedure.

Scarlett started the procedure, skillfully.

"Count clear?"

"Clear" we said in chorus

"Start final assessment"

"Pt. Morales, Aga. General Anesthesia inducted

Pre-Op Case: Oblique nondisplaced fracture intermedullary nailing right lateral femur bone

Op Case: Removal of cast — intermedullary nailing right lateral femur bone"

"Let's start procedure" Scarlett instructed

"Antiseptic"

"Antiseptic" I repeated as I passed the item

"Blade 10"

"Blade 10"

She started the incision of the skin at the site over the healed bone. She gently moved out the hardware on the first site. The procedure went smooth not until her fellow manipulated the proceduce.

There was excessive bleeding around the site. Her fellow shook his head in dismay.

"What did you do?" Scarlett asked her fellow in her calm yet intense voice

"Suction at the site, suction at the site" she instructed

The scrub Nurse assisted her.

Still, there was an excessive bleeding. I kept myself calm as possible but I kept my eyes on her fellow. What the hell did you do?

"Blood level unstable" the circulating Nurse said

"Prepare blood transfusion. Prepare for possible code blue"

The circulating Nurse contacted the Laboratory to deliver the patient's standby type AB+ blood bags in stat order. The Emergency cart was also prepared near the operating table.

The cardiac monitor displayed unstable parameter waves and the alarm continuously beeping that would only indicate changes outside the expected range.

Shit.

The mask i'm wearing cannot hide the extreme tense in my nerves. I fist my hands and breathed deeply. Scarlett looked at me.

"Lumabas ka muna Lea, please"

What? Scarlett instructed the circulating Nurse to assist me to go back at the srcubbing area.

"Scarlett please... I trust you!"

I threw my gloves, headcap and disposable gown at the infectious trashbin. I ran my hands under cold water to loose tension and send a shock signal to my body and brain for it to function accordingly. I can't think straight at the moment; unknown of what the right thing to do.

Patiently, I waited at the scrubbing areaoptimistic that Scarlett can make it through.

----------------------

The sterile area's door opened and Scarlett ran towads the infectious trashbin and removed his gloves and gown. She sat down the floor, leaned her back at the wall and sighed in exhaustion.

"Pucha Doc Dylan, ano yun?"

He continued scrubbing his hands and did not dare to look at Scarlett who's at a very furious state.

"Doc—i thought—"

"Anong 'i thought'? hindi pwede ang 'i thought' sa Surgery!"

"Scarlett! Lower your voice, please" i butted in

She tapped her forehead in disappointment

"Im sorry Dylan, but I cannot defend you during final debriefing. You know me, I very protective with my fellows, I am always at their side during debriefing but in your case— the patient almost died in the operating table. Hindi pa nga ikinakasal si Doc Lea eh mabu-byuda na siya!"

"Doc I am really sorry. I will face all the consequences of my actions earlier"

"'Intermedullary' Dylan, 'in-ter' ba't doon ka nag incise? Hindi naman ito ang first time mo diba? Talagang wala kang makikitang screw doon kundi major veins!— ano? hindi ka ba nag kape o hindi ka talaga nagbasa?"

She threw her head cap at the infectious bin and walked out.

I followed her but Dylan grabbed my arm.

"I am really sorry that I've made you feel so worried earlier. It's just that—"

"—Doc Dylan! May this serve as a very very big lesson for you! Alam mo na hindi pwedeng mag dalawang isip during a procedure, you should be precise at all times! If and when you're in doubt, you know that you should not proceed; kaya nga dalawa kayo sa procedure na ito. This is clearly a malpractice but it is not I who will give that verdict. Just hope that the patient will wake up as soon as possible. Sayang ka Doc, sayang..."
-----------------------

I purposely avoided Aga's family after the operation. I am sure that they will ask about the procedure. I dont want to give them false information or any details that would make them worry knowing that his uncle, Dr. Anton Morales is also monitoring his case and his Ama is around.

"What happened inside? I saw the Medtech in rush holding a cold storage box at the OR lobby!" Dr. Morales asked

I shook my head

"Dr. Sarmiento!" He raised his voice "Answer me!"

I startled. I held my breath.

"The length of procedure must be in four hours pero naging six hours. Is there something I should know?" he added

"Doc, I functioned as a scrub during the procedure. I'm sorry but I cannot disclose any information. All details you may want to know must be from the primary Surgeon."

I excused myself and walked away before the tension increases.

-------------

Aga stayed at the PACU for two hours after the level of anesthesia in his body was identified to be totally elimated. Still unconscious, he was transferred in the ICU. I choose to be with him and monitor his condition. I instructed my staffs that I will took a leave in my post but I'll just be around and they can call me anytime if the case is really in need of my skills. I wanted to be hands-on him and impart all my knowledge to his doctors to help them subdue his delayed recovery status or at least—he'll wake up as soon as possible.

The clock is running fast, hours had past and his condition is not improving. He is still unconscious, recovery remained unknown. I'm unable to leave him at his current state, I can take short naps but totally can't rest.

"Based on the findings, his delayed recovery is due to possible electrolyte imbalance secondary to recorded incident of excessive bleeding during operation. I ordered electrolyte supplement given via IVTT to stabilize electrolyte levels in his body. Time to be conscious is undetermined but I am doing my very best to let him regain consciousness at the fastest possible time." Dr. Brandon Arello his IM doctor explained

I leaned back at the cold walls of the ICU's nurse station.

"Siya pala ang nakabihag ng puso ni Doc Lea? Ang swerte naman"

I smiled in respect but totally I'm not in the mood for this, my worries are making me weary. Brandon pat my shoulder

"Doc, huwag ka na masyadong mag worry. Gigising din siya— I will really make sure na gigising sya. Aside sa Tito niya ang Medical Director ng hospital eh girlfriend pa niya ang Ethics. Eh di mawawalan na ako ng trabaho, mawawalan pa ako ng license. Saklap nun!"

"10hrs na Doc Brands, hindi ba yun distressing? I'm pressured but Scarlett is more because his Uncle is determining the cause"

"Gusto mo ba ng Valium o hypnotics?"

"Baliw—"

--------------------------------
We went at the hospital's cafeteria. I took a Chamomile tea to somehow reduce my anxiety.

"Alam mo Doc, I understand your feelings right now. My wife undergone Colectomy — matagal din siya bago gumising, the same case as him. Grabe! 'Di ko maintindihan ang nararamdaman ko noong time na yun, kahit siguro umihi di ko magawa dahil alalang-alala ako."

Oh exactly my feels.

"Kaya nga diba; as much as possible hindi pwedeng kamag-anak mo ang pasyente mo or may familial connection ka— it would compromise your emotional and clinical objectivity. You'll find it difficult to meet the standard of care" he added

"So what did you do?"

"Kinantahan ko sya, ayun nainis siguro kaya gumising!" He laughed

"Oh no, huwag na in my case baka matulog lalo sa ganda ng boses ko"

"Hindi—baka gumising kasi na in love lalo"

"Kahit di pa ako kumanta, in love na in love yun sa akin."

"Edi wow! Ikaw na ang maganda, Doc"

We laughed our heads off. Somehow, talking has been an alternative relief in my situation

"Paano kung mawala siya?" He asked

I paused for a moment. That hasn't crossed my mind. What if?

"Sisiguraduhin kong mawawalan ka ng license!"

"Grabe naman, Doc!"

"Joke lang, diba sabi mo—"

Code blue to ICU, Code blue to ICU

We stared at each other. Our laughters faded and replaced with gloom.

I placed my hand on my chest felt the sudden rapid beating of my heart "Brandon" I said

Code blue is usual to my ears. Handling it is as easy as choosing what to eat over dinner but at this moment, as I've heard it I was like suffocated by a heavy smoke that I cant hardly breath.

He immediately stand. In a rush, he ran away and left me, staring blankly. It took me minutes before the call of code sank in. I ran towards the elevator.

I went inside the ICU complex, wear my ICU gown and head cap. I go directly to Aga's cubicle to check. I covered my face and rested my elbows on his bed. I gasped, I wanted to cry out loud to release all the exhaustion in my body.

I sighed in relief...Code blue's not him.

I gently rubbed his chest and pleaded "Babes, wake up na, please?—Please?"

He held my hand resting on his chest. "I am awake" he said in weak voice

My heart is jumping with joy. I touched his cheeks and kissed him on the lips. I burrowed my face on his neck and tears fell down my face.

"May CCTV, babes" he said, still in weak voice

I chuckled and wiped my tears. He reached out his hands to my face and wiped my tears "Shhh—don't cry"

----------------------

UP NEXT:

"All my life hindi ko pinangarap na mapagalitan ni Dr. Morales because of being incompetent. I am doing my job to the best as I can... it's just that there's this Dylan na ta-tanga tanga, bullshit!"

"Ayokong mapahiya sa harap ng mga staff Nurses at lalong lalo na sa mga Fellows ko! Dr. Morales can be that rude to shame me!" she added

"No, Scar he will not do that! Dr. Morales looked at you as one of his best doctors here in the hospital. He's confident with you. Maybe, he'll just discuss about... patient care? or quality patient care at your pre-conference— yan lang naman ang pinaglalaban niya, 'yan lang naman ang core value niya sa buhay."

"No, Lea. You dont know him!"

"No, Scar. You dont exactly know him" I corrected "Trust me, hindi niya gagawin yun sa 'yo."

She hugged me and cried on my shoulders. I let her... she needed it after the stressful procedure.

"Shhh—tama na, you're okay, 'kay? Just keep calm and carry on."

"How was he?"

"He's getting better, he has a very good prognosis. He's super clingy na nga eh and I like-a like it!" I giggled

She hit my arm "Alam mo Carmela, contain yourself—huwag masyadong malandi. 'Di naayon sa age bracket natin! Masyadong obvious na in love na in love ka! Don't show it too much."

"Just in love— not in love na in love. And believe me, I'm in control."

"Oh, talaga? Kaya nga pinalabas kita kasi halos bumulagta ka nga sa loob ng Operating Room nung nag declare na ako ng possible Code Blue! That was the first time I saw you panicked, not the usual poker faced Lea."

"Scarlett—Sino ba ang hindi mag pa-panic o matatakot sa Code Blue?"

"Wow! at talagang nanggaling pa yan sa 'yo ha?— Tell me, Lea... kailang ka pa nag panic o natakot sa Code Blue?"

"That was the only time I was so scared to hear Code Blue."

"See?! Kasi po in love na in love na in love ka!" She hissed "Pa-demure ka pa! As i've said... you can never hide anything from me! Now I know why you were destined together— I HOPE you were really destined to be together."

"Why?"

"Because you were each other's... remedial heart"

"Ha? what do you exactly mean?"

"Look... he needs you because he's physically ill; you need him because you were emotionally ill

—You were each other's remedy."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have a great week!

Prepare your heart(s) for the next update(s). *Wink*

Something's coming ......... on eighteen, nineteen, twenty!

Tee heeeeeeee :P

Vote and leave a comment!

X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 3.3K 48
What if your escape turns into a reason why you need to escape? Hera Ivory Levine, an academic achiever crossing paths with Eros Vergara whose academ...
183K 5.9K 49
Tagalog-English BL - There's an urban legend saying that people with the same name cannot live together. It's a curse. Romeo Andres is a basketball h...
2M 25.2K 48
Soon to be Published Solana's mother works as a maid for Yleo's family, but in an unexpected event her mother passes away. Before it disappeared fro...
191K 4.5K 54
What will you do if you end up in someone else body?