Breaking Free

Galing kay OrWhateverrr

Taking care of her 4 year old nephew and all by herself, Kaia takes a task. Soon she reunites with her deceas... Higit pa

|01.|
|02.|
|03.|
|04.|
|05.|
|06.|
|07.|
|08.|
|09.|
|10.|
|11.|
|12.|
|13.|
|14.|
|15.|
|16.|
|18.|
|19.|

|17.|

518 35 1
Galing kay OrWhateverrr

[Omniscent.]

August reached the hotel that he was going to be staying in for a couple days. After settling with a date with Russell, he was beyond ready to have an interview with him.

To have the chance to do something that he loves and not something dangerous like selling drugs was a blessing.

August went into his hotel room and laid down on my bed. He wanted Kaia and the boys to come with him but the boys said they didn't want to miss school because of some girls in their class.

It was now nighttime and the interview is tomorrow morning so he needs some sleep to get ready for it. Just when his eyes were closed and he was falling asleep, his phone started to vibrate.

When he took his phone out of his pocket, he noticed that Kaia was trying to FaceTime him. He answered the phone and seen her smiling face.

"Hey buddy." She didn't let her smile fall. She was so proud of August. She remembered times of when they were younger and he said he was gonna be famous one day and now he's finally going to be.

It didn't matter to her whether he got signed to Def Jams Recordings. She knew he was a star either way.

"Wazzam baybeh." He said then yawned. She pouted realizing that he's tired.

"Want me to call another time?" She asked as she watched his eyes start to close. It was only midnight and August is never usually tired at this time.

But he had to deal with a crying baby and loud passengers on the plane so he wasn't able to get any sleep.

"Nah, ya good." He mumbled then opened his eyes once again.

"At least brush ya teeth before ya go to sleep. Can't have any stinky breath while tryna go to sleep." Kaia said with a small smile.

August let out a chuckle and got out of bed to follow Kaia's demand. "But who said I had stinky breath?" He asked her as he walked to the bathroom.

"Me! I already know ya do." She scrunched her face while waving her hand around, acting like she can smell his breath.

"Ya know ya luh my breath." He smirked then set his phone down to brush his teeth.

Kaia laughed and shook her head,"Nope. Ya thought, boy." Once August was done brushing his teeth, he grabbed his phone.

"Na who said I'ma boy? I'ma whole man baybeh." August winked so Kaia rolled her eyes acting like she didn't want him but she know she does.

"Hmm, let me think 'bout dat." She puckered his lips and tapped her chin acting like she was thinking. "I think the fuck not." She laughed as August smacked his lips.

"Quit playin' wit' me, ma." He said. He noticed how adorable she looked in her comfy pajamas. He was mesmerized at how Kaia always looks beautiful without even trying.

"Smile fa the picture, Kai." He said so she puckered her lips as he took a screenshot.

"Aw man, do I look crusty?" She asked curious to know what the picture looks like.

"Chill, ya look fine wit' cha pretty ass." August said in all honesty.

Kaia felt herself blush so she hid from the camera for a minute. "I'ma let cha get some sleep na, Aug."

"Aight." August let out a smile,"Goodnight gawgeous."

"Night handsome." Kaia blew a kiss then ended the call. Once she put her phone down, she couldn't help but smile.

August just makes her really happy at times. The other times he frustrates her. She knows that she shouldn't like him but she can't help it. He has that effect on her.

Once August walked into Def Jams Building, he felt like he belonged there. When he reached the secretary's desk, she already knew who he was.

Russell already informed her on how August was coming by. So pointed to the elevator and said,"His office is all the way at the top. Once you turn around the corner to the right, it'll be right there. Good luck." She gave him a small smile so he smiled back and went into the elevator that just opened.

When he reached the top floor, he followed the secretary's instructions and turned around to the right corner. He looked at the glass doors and sighed.

August knocked on the door and waited. He heard a voice say come in so he walked inside. The back of a chair was facing towards August so he furrowed his eyebrows.

'I knew it must've been a fuckin' joke.' August thought as he turned back around to walk out the door.

"Aye, where ya goin' man?" Hearing that familiar voice, August turned back around once again to see the infamous Russell Simmons.

"My fault, man. I thought someone was messin' wit meh." August chuckled as Russell did the same.

"Sorry about that. I had to put away some paperwork." Russell told him truthfully then took his hand out for August to shake it.

When August shook his hand, Russell let him sit down in front of his desk. "You what anything? My assistant can get it for you." August looked over to see a woman sitting on a couch, writing down something.

He didn't even notice her when he walked in. "Uh, maybe some water." August said so the assistant got up and walked out the door.

"So tell me about yourself, August Alsina." Russell said ready to learn about the man that he's considering of signing to his brand.

"Uhh...shit Ion een know whea ta start." August did a light chuckled then cleared his throat,"I was born in New Orleans, Lousiana. I grew up wit three brothers, Melvin, Travis, and Jamal. My daddy and step pops was on drugs so my momma moved us Houston, Texas-"

"Sorry to interrupt but here's your water." Russell's assistant said, handing August his water and made eye contact with him. He thanked her and took a quick sip of his water. She smirked then slowly walked to the couch.

"Thank you, Brione." Russell said thanking her as well. So Russell told August to continue with his story.

"As you were saying?"

"Right." August cleared his throat once again before continuing,"So when we moved to Houston, my momma had to work two jobs just to help all of us out. It got too stressful fa ha' so we moved back to Nola. Six years ago, Melvin got shot and was killed, leaving behind his three beautiful daughtas and girlfriend. It really hurt but my friend Cameron was there though and he was like a brother ta meh. Jamal moved to California to pursue his dreams. Guess he's too good to call us anymore so it is what it is."

"Travis, well Travis went to Seattle to follow his girlfriend. He calls from time to time so I guess that's aight. Then eight months ago, my friend Cameron died. His sister has to take care of his son so I let them come and stay wit meh." I stopped and smiled, thinking about Kaia.

He thought he heard Brione scoff he could care less,"She helped me come up with the song that ya heard on Instagram and here we are na." August finished his story and Russell looked at him surprised.

"That's a lot of deep shit right there." Russell finally said,"So who're your inspirations who make you feel like you can do this?"

"Lauryn Hill, Lyfe Jennings, Jay Z, dea's a lot." August chuckled,"They're style of music and lyrics are really dope. Gives me a lot of inspiration fa sho'."

So they went on with the interview. Russell asked questions and August answered them.

August showed Russell some songs that he's been working on and even let him listening to them. Brione sat in the back, listening to everything while she was working.

"Thank you so much August for stopping by." Russell shook August's hand,"We'll definitely keep in touch."

"Thank ya fa havin' meh." August gave Russell a smile before heading out the door.

Before August could walk out the door all the way, he heard Brione say,"See ya later, Mr. Alsina."

"Bye." Was all that August said then left the office. When he walked out of there, he felt accomplished.

All he could really do is smile, wondering what it would be like to be signed to Def Jams.

~~
Vote • Comment • Share • & Enjoy💞!

-YungBeauty🌸🔑

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

443K 8.7K 76
August Alsina a young man who is currently 21. He hasn't had the perfect life, because he's Been through so much. From him being homeless, to his b...
15.4K 716 20
August Alsina love story, with a twist.
771K 24.6K 55
Can August grow up? Will Layla accept him or leave him behind?
46.8K 1.4K 25
Amariah and her family moves to New Orleans @ 12 she goes to a new school starts off fresh and she meets august they become best friends after years...