|13.|

[August.]

"Where ya goin'?" I heard Kaia ask me as I was fixing my shirt.

"Avery wants meh ta go wit' ha ta her sister's house fa some dinner." Once I finished getting ready, I groaned then sat on my bed.

I never liked going to Avery's sister house, then again I never liked Avery's sister. She the snotty, rich type who always looks down at people.

She's always swears she slick and tries to say some disrespectful shit towards people, me included.

"What's wrong?" Kaia sat down next to me once she seen that I was frustrated.

"Ion wanna go, mane." I rubbed the back of my neck as I sighed.

She gave me a look like she wanted to say 'Really nigga' but she said," Then don't go."

"If Ion go then Avery gone give me a huge lecture. I really don't feel like hearin' it this time." I tried to explain.

"Ignore her then. Why don't you just break up with her?" That was I question that I never really wanted to answer.

"When we first started datin', she was the type of chick that I wanted. She was beautiful, smart, loyal, she always knew how to make me happy. But all of that changed one night, she was just actin' different. So I'm stayin' wit' ha 'cause I wanna see if I can get the old Avery back." I hesitated for a minute.

"Obviously that's not workin' so I was gonna break up wit' ha but then she told me she's pregnant." I shook my head,"I can't leave ha like how my so called dad left me, my brothers, and my mama."

She stared for a minute, probably taking all of that in. She sighed,"Well damn. Listen Aug, don't force yourself to stay with her and smile in her face like it's all okay. You gotta speak your mind."

I started to nod my head,"Ya right. Thanks Kai, ya always there for a nigga."

She smiled,"Ya welcome. But anyways, you look cute."

"Just cute?" I stood up and did a 360,"I'm sexy."

"You right, you right

"You right, you right." She laughed.

"Aight, I gotta go pick up Avery. See ya lata." I told her.

After she said bye, I went downstairs and got my car keys. I got into my car then drove off. Thinking about what Kaia said, I knew she was right. I gotta think about me and what I want.