|10.|

[Kaia.]

Once the doctor told me that my sister didn't make it, I started to cry harder than I was before.

This is all my fault. I shouldn't have went to that house, I shouldn't have talked to John, and I shouldn't have tried to hit John.

I can never forgive myself because I made stupid choices and now my innocent sister is gone.

Poor Jayson isn't gonna grow up with a mom. The doctor let me go into the room where they had Kayla's body.

"H-hi Kay." I showed a closed-mouth smile when deep down I wanted to bust out and cry some more.

Sitting down in a chair and moved it closer to Kayla's bed. "You know that I miss you already? We weren't really on the best terms when all of this happened but I don't care. I'm sorry for being so rude to you the last time you were at my house."

"But Jayson will be okay down here, he's gonna stay with me since he has no where else to go." I sighed. "Man, you and Cameron just want me to have all the kids." I lightly laughed trying to lighten the mood.

"I love you Kay and make sure to say hey to Cam up there for me." I got up then kissed her cheek.

When I left the hospital, I felt better about myself because said goodbye to Kayla the right way.

"Auntie Kai!" Jayson yelled as I came into my mama's house. Picking him up and putting him on my hip, I kissed his cheek.

He faced me, showing me a smile. It kills me how much he resembles Kayla. The curly hair, always having a positive attitude, just everything.

"Where's mommy?" As soon as he said that, made me feel so bad for him.

"Uh, well you know about Heaven right?" I walked us into the living room where my mom was watching Wendy Williams and Malachi was playing with a small basketball.

"Yes." He told me as we sat down.

"So, um, things happened and your mommy is now an angel in Heaven." Once I said that, he didn't have a look of sorrow or anything. I was so surprised. "You're okay with that?"

"Yeah, I am. She's in a better place plus she has wings now! I wish I had wings so mommy's lucky!" I could've help but laugh at my adorable nephew.

 She's in a better place plus she has wings now! I wish I had wings so mommy's lucky!" I could've help but laugh at my adorable nephew

I'm surprised that he's not sad or upset but then again I'm not. He's only four, so I wouldn't expect him to feel some type of way.

"Hey mama." My mom finally looked at me then smiled.