|14.|

[Kaia.]

I heard the door slam and things breaking from downstairs which made me wake up. Putting on my slides, I walked downstairs to see August sitting on the couch with a bloody hand.

Noticing broken glass on the ground, my eyes widened. "What the fuck happened?" I asked going to the closet.

August remained silent, watching me clean up the glass. "I know you hear me talking to you, boy."

He finally snapped out of it,"Avery has a fuckin' kid, bruh." He shook his head,"And she didn't even tell meh. But ya know what? Ion even care anymore. I'm done tryin' wit' ha ass."

I shook my head. "At least ya don't care. Fuck her! But can ya please explain why ya breakin' shit while the boys are upstairs sleepin'?"

"My bad, Kai. I had to break somethin' ta calm myself down." He chuckled.

"Ya hurt yourself, Aug. Don't do 'dat dumb shit again, aight?" He nodded so I made him follow me to the kitchen.

Grabbing his hand, I put it under he water in the sink to rinse off the blood. I seen a cut on his palm so I got a bandaid and put it over the cut.

August just stared at me so I furrowed my eyebrows. "Is there somethin' on my face?"

"Yeah, ya got a lil somethin' right hea'." He wiped my cheek then leaned in to look at whatever it is. Then I felt his lips touch mine which made me widen my eyes. I felt something weird at the pit of my stomach.

I don't even know why but I'm enjoying this. Even though I felt like I shouldn't be doing it, I just kept kissing him. He didn't stop neither so I guess he feels the same way.

After a few minutes, we both broke away and stared at each other. He started to smile so I coughed and regained my posture. "Yeah, uh well goodnight." I ran up to my room and closed to the door.

When I got into my bed, all I could think about is August and what just happened.

[August.]

Malachi and Jayson were watching SpongeBob Squarepants in the living room while I was making breakfast for everybody.

Kaia's still sleep so I just decided to take the boys to school. "Food's ready, y'all!" I called to them. They ran to the kitchen and grabbed their plates of waffles.

"Aye Aug, can ya pass the syrup?" Mal asked as he sat on the island.

"Ya feet don't ya? You go get it." I joked. He put his hand over his heart while his mouth was open. "I'm just jokin' witcha dawg." I laughed as I passed him the syrup.

"Oh okay, I was 'bout to say." He said.

"What would ya possibly do, lil man?"

"Ya ain't even ready to hear 'bout it." He smirked then both him and Jayson started laughing.

I just shook my head and chuckled. Kaia entered the room, yawning. She ruffled Jayson's hair and kissed both of their foreheads. "Mornin'."

They both said good morning to her and continued to eat. She looked at me then made her way to the cabinet. "Good mawnin' ta ya too, ma." I said.

Honestly, I wasn't thinking at first when I kissed her last night but then I realized that I actually wanted to do that for a while now. I can't even really say that like Kaia but I can say that feelings are starting to grow.

"Morning Aug." She said then started to eat a pop tart.

"We done, August!" Jayson called so I grabbed their plates and put them in the sink. "Go get y'all bags and wait at the door fa me."

They went to the living room then Kaia said,"I can take them."

I raised my eyebrow,"Ya sure?"

She nodded,"Yeah. I gotta go somewhere anyway so it's all good." I shrugged and just said,"Aight." She walked out the kitchen and I heard the door close.

Going to the living room, I got on my phone. I started to listen to Kendrick Lamar and chill. Kendrick Lamar's one of my role models 'cause his lyrics are really dope and gotta lot of meaning to them.

I was rapping his lyrics to 'Be Alright' when the doorbell rang. I groaned and got up to open to the door. When I seen Avery standing there, I rolled my eyes.

"Whatcha want?" I asked giving her a mug.

"I came here to say sorry." She hesitated,"I'm sorry." I gave a 'really nigga?' look then chuckled.

"Are ya serious? We've been dating fa a while na', I'm just findin' out ya have a kid, and all ya can say is sorry."

She stepped inside of the house so I closed the door and followed her to the living room. "August, you're acting like I cheated on you. I had Jordan before we even met so calm down."

"Ya shoulda told me, bruh. That shit ain't cool." I shook my head,"Look, we done aight? We not togetha anymore. I'ma just be thea' fa my child so you can just tell me when the doctor appointment are and I'll be thea'."

Avery started to slowly nod then came the tears. When I say she was doing the Kim K tears, I would be lying 'cause it was way worse.

"But August! I was gonna tell you eventually!" She exclaimed through her tears.

"That ain't gon' change shit, Avery. Ion like keepin' secrets inna relationship soooo ya fucked it up." I told her straight up.

She continued to cry which made me cringe. "That's why I'm not even pregnant and that's also why I'm fucking Ace!" She yelled at me and stomped out of my house.

I made sure to lock my door and then it hit me. She not even pregnant? Wow, she must've been really desperate. I wasn't even surprised when she said she was fucking Ace. August Alsina ain't no dummy.

•                 •                •               •               •

Heyy! 😘 sorry for the short chapter & sorry for any mistakes 🤕.

vote • comment • share • & enjoy

-YungBeauty😛💖