|16.|

[Kaia.]

I walked into my mom's house with the boys in front of me. They ran into the living room while I looked for mom.

"Mama?" I called for her as I looked into the kitchen and spotted her drinking some tea with a magazine in her another hand. "Oh hey." I kissed her forehead then looked in the refrigerator.

"Hi Makaia." She used my full name so I already knew I was about to get a lecture. "What're ya doin' here? Shouldn't ya be wit' ya little boyfriend at his house?" I rolled my eyes and took out some strawberries.

I forgot that I didn't tell my mom about moving in with August. I haven't talked to her since Kayla's funeral I think which was a month ago.

"One, August isn't my boyfriend. Two, how'd you find out?"

"Sheila told me." She said as she shook her head. "Can't tell ya own mama about you moving in with a man I see."

"I'm sorry, ma. It happened pretty fast. Plus I've been busy but I can make it up to you." I told her.

She waved me off,"I'm just messin' wit ya, child. August a good one so I already know you in good hands."

"You're making it sound like we're dating or something." I laughed.

"I can tell ya like him though." She told me so I looked up at her.

"What? No I don't."

"When I called him ya little boyfriend, you blushed so I already know what that means." She smiled,"So are ya gonna tell me the truth or ya gonna lie ta me?"

Since me and August kissed, I've been trying to avoid the thought of liking him. I feel like if I tell him then it's going to ruin our friendship.

"She does!" Mal popped out of nowhere with Jayson right behind him. "You can tell by the way she looks at him." He added with a smirk.

"Where'd y'all even come from?" I asked as Jayson took one of my strawberries and ate it.

Mal tapped his chin while looking at the ceiling,"My mom said that superman came down to the earth and gave me to her. So I came from Krypton."

I laughed because I know that he doesn't know where babies really come from so he thinks that he's from a whole other planet.

"Hey! You didn't answer grandma's question yet." Jayson said with a strawberry in his mouth.

"Fine but this has to stay between us four." The three of them leaned in closer to hear my answer. "I might have a little bit of feelings for August."

"I knew it!" Mal and Jayson both cheered then ran back to the living room.

"So, do ya think he likes ya back?" Mom asked me with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't know, ma. I think I just wanna lay low 'bout it." I told her honestly so she nodded and agreed with me.

August is trying to work on becoming famous so I don't want to just come out of nowhere and tell him I like him. That would just break his train of thought about it all.