|18.|

[Kaia.]

I was helping Jayson with his homework while Malachi was watching tv. Jayson needs a little help in math so I decided to help him.

"Hey Auntie Kai?" Malachi called as he was laying on the couch.

"What's up Malachi?" I answered him and got up to see what he wanted.

"Can I see August?" He asked me so I got out my phone and let Malachi FaceTime him. After a couple rings, he finally answered.

I could tell he just woke up since he was yawning and had sleep in his eyes.

"Hey August!" Malachi said with a small smile.

"Wassuh' luh man." August returned the small smile,"Whea' Thing 2 at?"

"August?" Jayson said from the dining room and ran to sit next to Malachi.

"What's poppin', Jay. Y'all being good fa ya auntie, right?"

"Yup! Aren't we, Auntie Kai?" Malachi asked me. I put my finger on my chin and made a 'hmm' noise to act like I was thinking.

"I'm takin' dat as a no. Make me come back down thea' early and knock some sense into y'all." August joked but the boys kept trying to tell him that they've been good.

I just shook my head and laughed at them. It's honestly amazing how August is with the kids. I won't be surprised if he's a good dad when he has kids one day.

There was a knock on the door then the doorbell rang so I got up to get it. When I opened it, Gianna was standing there.

"Hey Kai!" She gave me a hug and walked in the house,"Haven't seen you in forever."

Before I could even say anything, I heard Malachi yelling,"Gi Gi!" He ran over to Gianna and hugged her legs.

"Hey boyfriend! You gettin' so big." She said as she picked him up and gave him kisses on the cheek.

"Who's that?" She whispered to me, slightly pointing to Jayson who was still talking to August since he didn't know Gianna.

"My nephew." I told her so I called Jayson. When he looked up, I introduced them to each other and they both said hi.

"I honestly wasn't expecting to see you here. Where's August at?" Gianna asked with furrowed eyebrows as she put Malachi back on the ground and he ran back to Jayson.

"He's in New York, handling business." Was all I told her. I don't know if August is planning on keeping the label deal a surprise for his family or not so I'll just keep it to myself.

All she did was nod then she asked,"So y'all are livin' together na?" I nodded and sat on the couch.

"Awww that's cute." She said with a little smile. "I can see y'all bein' together already." She told me as I just shook my head and laughed.

"I don't know about that one, Gi. But it's whatever the future hold I guess." I shrugged so we changed the subject.

[August.]