|17.|

[Omniscent.]

August reached the hotel that he was going to be staying in for a couple days. After settling with a date with Russell, he was beyond ready to have an interview with him.

To have the chance to do something that he loves and not something dangerous like selling drugs was a blessing.

August went into his hotel room and laid down on my bed. He wanted Kaia and the boys to come with him but the boys said they didn't want to miss school because of some girls in their class.

It was now nighttime and the interview is tomorrow morning so he needs some sleep to get ready for it. Just when his eyes were closed and he was falling asleep, his phone started to vibrate.

When he took his phone out of his pocket, he noticed that Kaia was trying to FaceTime him. He answered the phone and seen her smiling face.

"Hey buddy." She didn't let her smile fall. She was so proud of August. She remembered times of when they were younger and he said he was gonna be famous one day and now he's finally going to be.

It didn't matter to her whether he got signed to Def Jams Recordings. She knew he was a star either way.

"Wazzam baybeh." He said then yawned. She pouted realizing that he's tired.

"Want me to call another time?" She asked as she watched his eyes start to close. It was only midnight and August is never usually tired at this time.

But he had to deal with a crying baby and loud passengers on the plane so he wasn't able to get any sleep.

"Nah, ya good." He mumbled then opened his eyes once again.

"At least brush ya teeth before ya go to sleep. Can't have any stinky breath while tryna go to sleep." Kaia said with a small smile.

August let out a chuckle and got out of bed to follow Kaia's demand. "But who said I had stinky breath?" He asked her as he walked to the bathroom.

"Me! I already know ya do." She scrunched her face while waving her hand around, acting like she can smell his breath.

"Ya know ya luh my breath." He smirked then set his phone down to brush his teeth.

Kaia laughed and shook her head,"Nope. Ya thought, boy." Once August was done brushing his teeth, he grabbed his phone.

"Na who said I'ma boy? I'ma whole man baybeh." August winked so Kaia rolled her eyes acting like she didn't want him but she know she does.

"Hmm, let me think 'bout dat." She puckered his lips and tapped her chin acting like she was thinking. "I think the fuck not." She laughed as August smacked his lips.

"Quit playin' wit' me, ma." He said. He noticed how adorable she looked in her comfy pajamas. He was mesmerized at how Kaia always looks beautiful without even trying.

"Smile fa the picture, Kai." He said so she puckered her lips as he took a screenshot.