|05.|

[August.]

        I seen Avery walking up to me with a smile on her face. She climbed on my lap and straddled it.

"I don't have work today." She said in an excited tone.

I chuckled,"So whatchu' tryna' do?"

She bit her lip while getting closer to my face,"I think you know what I wanna do." She whispered in my ear.

I smirked then she put her lips over mine. We were like that for at least three minutes until she tried to make it intense.

She pushed me back onto the bed and straddled me once more. Then I heard my phone ringing.

Avery kept on kissing all over me but I stopped her,"I gotta answer this."

She frowned and rolled her eyes,"Can't it wait?"

"It could be important."

She scoffed and got off me, fixing her shirt. She walked out my bedroom, mad.

I grabbed my phone and it showed me a picture of me and Kaia. I answered it and brought my phone to my ear.

"Helluh'?"

"What's up August?" Malachi's small, adorable voice rang through my ears.

"Wassuh' lil man."

"Nun'. Chasin' dis' money." He said, trying to mock my accent.

I laughed,"Oh so ya' mockin' me na'?"

"Maybe, maybe not."

"Tryna' be a luh' me, huh?" I asked.

"Nope! I wanted to call you to see if you could make it to my school's play."

"Wouldn't miss it for tha' world, lil man." I smiled.

I could hear him yelling yay so that made me chuckle,"Thanks, Aug!" I heard Kaia's voice in the background.

"Aye, can I talk ta ya auntie for a minute?" I asked.

I need to talk to Kaia 'bout Avery. I can tell that it hurt her feelings that both of her friends were dating and they didn't tell her.

Or maybe she just feelin' a nigga and seen ha friend got ta me. Either way, I gotta talk ta her 'bout it.

"Alright, lata' Aug. See ya next Friday at my play!"

"Buh' bye." I said then I heard movement.

"Um, hello?" I finally heard Kaia's voice.

"What's poppin', Kai?" I said.

"Hi August." She cleared her throat.

"So 'bout that dinner a couple days ago..."

"What 'bout it?"

"Why were ya so mad?" I finally asked wanting to know the answer.

"Who ever said that I was mad." She said with a little attitude in her voice.

"Guh', you was ignoring and tryna' not make eye contact wit' a nigga. So what's uh'?"

I heard her sigh,"Maybe I was feelin' you a lil bit. But I guess I should've just put that aside."

"It's aiight, ma. Just tell me next time, ok?"

"Ok, Aug. I gotta go but I'll see ya lata'."

"Aiight, bye Kai." We both hung up then I just started thinkin'.

Kai was feelin' a nigga? Hm, I got Avery so I guess I'm good.

[Kaia.]

    "Mal, why're ya jumpin' on ya bed?" I asked.