The Perv and The Nerd: Wish C...

By Kurisu-chan_15

Melody Jade Winterson She was always the quiet loner in high school, known by her innocence and brains; she w... More

♠ Author's Note ♠
Prologue
Chapter 1: Unpacking
Chapter 2: First Morning Together
Chapter 3: Happy Life
Chapter 4: The Goods
Chapter 5: Belongs To Me
Chapter 6: Jealousy
Chapter 7: He's here!
Chapter 8: Effin' Doctor
Chapter 9: Pillow Defense
Chapter 10: Sauce Stained Lip
Chapter 11: Disaster
Chapter 12: To Love Somebody
Chapter 13: Unfeminine
Chapter 14: Leaving
Chapter 15: A Mess
Chapter 16: Extended
Chapter 17: Lonely
Chapter 18: Black Shirt
Chapter 19: Disturbed
Chapter 20: Ride of My Life
Chapter 21: I Hate You
Chapter 22: Leave
Chapter 23: Brighter Outcome
Chapter 24: My Miracle
Chapter 25: Red Dress
Chapter 26: Chocolate Bonbons
Chapter 27: Morning Surprise
Chapter 28: Markings
Chapter 29: Secret Plans
Chapter 30: More Secrets
Chapter 31: Caller I.D.
Chapter 32: Kelly's Place
Chapter 34: Dressing Up
Chapter 35: Christmas Party
Chapter 36: Exchanged Gifts
Chapter 37: Fancy Dinner
Chapter 38: Confession
Chapter 39: Merry Christmas
Chapter 40: Single's Night
Chapter 41: I Do
Chapter 42: After the Wedding
Chapter 43: Paris
Chapter 44: Sweet
Chapter 45: Bad Omen
Chapter 46: Nausea
Chapter 47: News
Chapter 48: Names
Chapter 49: Gifts
Chapter 50: Booty Call
Chapter 51: Emergency
Chapter 52: Pulmonary Fibrosis
Chapter 53: Good & Bad News
Chapter 54: Special Cookies
Chapter 55: Three Days
Chapter 56: Decisions
Chapter 57: Drinks
Chapter 58: Reminisce
Chapter 59: Birth
Epilogue
== Congratulations~! ==
~ Next Book!!! ~

Chapter 33: Don't tell Jade

1.6K 74 32
By Kurisu-chan_15

Jade woke up with me today to the sound of my annoying alarm clock. But hey, if it isn't annoying, how the hell would I even wake up for work?!

We shared breakfast, and no matter how much I'd tell her that I'd cook, she'd keep on insisting saying that she wants me to 'relax' since she's intruding. But rather, I'd let her relax since she's a guest.

After our meal, and of course washing the dishes together, we went to work together. Since I don't own a vehicle, we commuted together to CS, since my place was farther away than Jade's to the hospital. We went by taxi. I hate 'em, but I gotta go by them once in a while. Or I should just really buy my own car.

We were right on time arriving at work, and the usual was seeing Luke in the office before all of us, just reading the documents, and Hazel as late as usual. Jade did her very best to act like usual, but it seems like Luke catches on fast when it comes to Jade...

"Hey Jade? You alright there?"

Luke is such an affectionate and cool guy; if Jade wasn't dating Chris, I bet she'd be snagged up real quickly by Luke. I kinda feel a little jealous that Jade's got two completely amazing guys in her life, caring about her. I wish that, you know, I'd find a guy kind of like either one of them soon and end up together with them forever.

I'm quite the hopeless romantic... But I'd want my friends' happiness to come first than mine. That's why I'm supporting Jade and doing everything for her and Chris to be happy...

I kind of sound like a Philanthropist here, but meh... Whatever...

"Yeah Luke... Just a little drained, that's all..." I could also feel the grief in Jade's tone, even though she was doing her best to hide it from him.

"If you want to sit down and talk about it with me, I'll be right there for you, alright?" he was sincerely worrying for Jade, like he always does...

"Thanks Luke, but really, I'm managing okay."

"Alright..."

We just continued with our work after long moments of reassuring if Jade was alright and if she was okay to work today.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Excuse me." says Jade as she stands up from her chair, "I'll be going to the restroom. I'll be back shortly."

"Sure."

"Okay."

Moments after Jade left, I had to tell Luke. "Luke, please don't tell Jade I told you, but... Jade's staying at my place."

Luke's eyes widened in shock, "What?! Wh-Why?!"

"She had another misunderstanding with Chris and walked out on him because he didn't want to explain the details to her yet."

After hearing my explanation, Luke covered his face with his hand disappointingly, and sighed exasperatedly. "That Chris sure loves to cause problems for his relationship with Jade, doesn't he?"

"Well, we can only leave this problem up to him to explain and solve, now can't we?"

Then the door suddenly opens, scaring the living daylights out of us. "Alrighty Dr. Ritter, the viles are in place and the samples have been checked on, and there seems..." Hazel looked at both of us in a weird way and continued, "There seems to be great tension in this office... Is everything alright?"

Luke and I sigh in relief it wasn't Jade, and I giggled at Hazel's perplexity, "I'll tell ya when it's just the two of us~."

"Ooo~! Spiceh~~..." she wiggled her shoulders around and both Luke and I just laughed at her.

"Don't tell Jade though..."

"Don't tell me what?"

Sh*t!!!

Jade just enters the room and I just had to say that. What timing!!!

"Jade! How was the trip from the rest room?"

"Pfft! What's there to talk about that?"

"Oh... You know... Takin' a p*ss, washin' the hands, fixin' yourself up in front of the mirror, walkin' back... Meh... Those kinda stuff..." I tried to brush it off.

"Lols... I wouldn't talk about those." Jade scoffed at my sentence.

"Of course you wouldn't..." I said in a sarcastic tone as I smiled, scratched my cheek and looked away.

"Kelly...?"

"Hmm?" I smile nervously as I look back to her.

"What do you not want Hazel to tell me about?"

Dingus! She remembers!!!

I smile at her for a while as I process an excuse to convince her, and blurt out, "Now it wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you, now would I?"

"So not fair! Luke's in on it too, isn't he?!"

"What?!" Luke who was minding his own business trying to do something else, got mixed into the argument, "No no no... Of course not Jade! They were whispering to each other about the whole thing, thinking I'd tell you about it, so I'm left out as well. I thought they were even flirting with each other to how close they were whispering and smiling~!" he joked.

Both Hazel and I looked at him in disgust, and I spat at him, "Really Luke? Really?!"

"That wasn't a good joke Luke..." added Hazel. Luke laughed nervously and apologized before looking away and tried to concentrate on something else.

"So don't think about anything else Jade, we promise, it's a surprise you'll never forget~!"

"We'll see about that..."

"Hey hey hey! Whoah whoah whoah!" cuts in Hazel. "No more of this gloomy business and why don't we talk about how the party tomorrow night is gonna turn out?"

"Sure! As soon as we finish work for today!" Luke cuts in this time. "Nurse Hazel, the documents from doctor Schmidt please?"

"Right away doctor Ritter!" says Hazel as she starts to rummage around the arranged documents to hand the right one to Luke.

"Yeah... Let's dwell into work ourselves nurse Kelly."

"As you wish doctor Winterson. What shall I help you with for now?" I sound uncomfortably formal, and Jade dismisses it and just asks me what she needs while she's working on some documents of her own. All four of us then dive into work and concentrate on it properly.

Sometime around nine in the evening, Fredrick and Cecilia waltzes in our office and comes to talk about tomorrow night too. We had a long exciting talk about how tomorrow's party was gonna turn out, and I hope the future will be brighter for all of us. Especially to my best friend, Jade...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

[Jade's P.O.V.]

Back at Kelly's place, I check my phone again. Chris has now texted me three times today; once during breakfast, once at lunch, and now. His texts are just the usual greetings and saying that I should eat properly and take care of myself.

If you keep this up Chris, I may not have an appetite at all... I want to hear your side of the story. Why did Stacey call to know if you were free? Are you tired of me? What is up with all the secrets?!

"Jade?" Kelly calls from the kitchen, "What do you want for dinner tonight?"

"If you have some cup noddles, that would do just fine for me right now..."

"A'ight~!"

[Chris' P.O.V.]

Jade hasn't replied to either one of my texts. I know she's mad and she deserves to be, since I haven't given her an explanation yet. But I think not telling her now was the right choice.

"Hey Chris? Should I wear my white pair or my black pair?" Stacey asks out of the blue while holding up the two different colored clothes in her hands.

"Why are you asking me that?!"

"Because I want to look good, and I want to know your opinion~!"

"Fine then... White, cause it's Christmas and black isn't good for Christmas."

"Awee... So innocent~!" Stacey mocks me and skips away giddily.

Soon Jade... Soon... I will explain everything in detail...

___________________________

Hey Guys!!!

Tomorrow's finally the Christmas party with Jade's circle in the medical business. What fun will they go through and how will the event turn out?

Also, will Chris explain things properly to Jade tomorrow? And how will he explain things?

Thanks and Please continue to Support + Share + Vote + Comment on #TPaTNWCT~! :D

Don't keep quiet and share your thoughts~! :3

~Kurisu-chan ;*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.5K 2.2K 42
The more he gets closer, the deeper the kiss gets. My hands weren't able to move, they are just on the side of my body. He slowly pulled out of the k...
188K 6.8K 37
"I wish that this could be real. I wish that you and me, we could be real. I wish that we could have everything. But all that we have is... a fake lo...
341 0 51
Life is too short to be anything but ordinary. That being said, I learned how to play the guitar one day and wrote songs about love. My guitar skills...