We Were Meant To Be.~ COMPLET...

By shabz_sam

Anya, the girl who fell for her best friend. But he already loves someone else and he is getting married in... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three.
Chapter Twenty Four.
Chapter Twenty Five.
Chapter Twenty Six.
Chapter Twenty Seven.
Chapter Twenty Eight.
Chapter Twenty Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty One.
Chapter Thirty Two.
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four.
Chapter Thirty Five.
Chapter Thirty six
Chapter Thirty Seven.
Chapter Thirty Eight.
Chapter Thirty Nine.
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One.
Chapter Fourty Two.
Chapter Fourty Three.
Chapter Fourty Four.
Chapter Fourty Five.
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine.
Chapter Fifty.
Chapter Fifty One.
Chapter Fifty Two.
Chapter Fifty Three.
Chapter Fifty Four.
Chapter Fifty Five.
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight..
Chapter Fifty Nine.
Chapter Sixty
Epilogue
Happy Ending.

Chapter Two

4K 193 220
By shabz_sam

Hey readers...here a next chap for you...dedicated to Isha_201,zahshe and sweety_sam
Hope you guys like it...

Chapter Two.

Anya's P.O.V.
"*"*"*"*"*"*"*

It was 3:00am and i still couldn't sleep.
If he doesn't agree then what should i do to make him agree?
I picked up my phone and dialled a number which was under the name of asshole.

After four rings he picked up and spoke in a sleepy voice," what? Didn't your father teach you manners?"

I took in a sharp breath and muttered," asshole."
I then hung the call.
My eyes glistened with fresh tears.
And suddenly i started sobbing.

I heard my phone ring, i knew who it was, so without checking i just swiped the end button and kept my mobile on airplane mode.

My father is a sensitive topic i don't like replaying in my mind.
He was, is and will always remain my hero even if he is not the one who taught me to walk, although he was never there to scold me when i fail in school, but i cannot blame him.
He never had the choice and am sure if he was given a choice then he would have chosen to stay.
But right now,you,i, we are breathing because of a human like him.
He sacrificed his family's time to protect the country.
He was the captain of the Indian Army.
Although i have never met him but that's what my mum always says.
She says that i look more of like him.
That i have got the same brown eyes, whereas my mum's are deep black like charcoal.

*****
I was still crying silently, wiping my tears each time they fell.
Suddenly there was a sound with a thud on my window.
I rubbed my eyes and sat up, thinking what's making that sound.

Thud!

I groaned and stood up, i then thought what if its a murderer or a Ghost?.
I couldn't risk my life so i hurriedly took the nearest weapon that was a vase made of glass and went towards that noisy window from where the thud sound was coming.

I slowly removed the drapes and stared at the grey eyed boy.
I rolled my eyes,kept the vase aside and opened the window slightly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked sternly.

He passed a hand through his dark brown hair making it more messy than they really were and said," can i come in first? It really chilly out here plus am around fifteen feet high from the ground, i can fall and die you know?"

I smirked and spoke," it would be better if you die."

"Well you will be blamed, stupid," he answered probably smirking.

"How many times have i told you not to call me that?" I asked furiously.
I didn't like the way he called me Stupid most of the time.

He rolled his eyes and said," we can fight inside too but my grip is not so good right now."
I sighed and opened the window properly so he can enter.
I then sat on my bed with arms crossed over my chest.

He jumped inside and just stood there.
He was feeling hesitant to say something.

"Why are you here?" I asked.
He looked at me, came towards me and kneeled beside me so that we were of same height now.

"I'm s..s..damn i cant say it..listen i didn't know it was your call but whatever i said i didn't mean it," Zayd spoke.

I rolled my eyes and said," why do you care? That's what you always want,right? To make me cry."
"I..i don't, its just i know we always fight but i would never want someone to cry because of me."

"You mean to say, you will climb everyone's window just to make sure they are not crying because you said something not appropriate?" I asked Zayd.
He was quiet for a while and looked everywhere but me.

He then spoke," did you speak to Arjun?"
I know this was his way of changing the subject.
Hell, i know him since childhood.
And since childhood we never did anything else other than fighting.

I rubbed my face with my hand and then answered him," yes i did."
He stood up and sat beside me on the bed and said," so...any luck?"
I tskd and shook my head in denial.

I then asked him," what should i do? If he refuses to my proposal on the tradition?"

After silence of five full minutes he said," i don't know, that's your prob."
He then stood up and headed towards the window and before leaving he whispered,"night night stupid."

I closed the window and draped the curtains closed and went to sleep.
It felt like i was relieved after seeing and talking to him cause after that, sleep took over me immediately.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*

The sun was at its usual brightness, but since my curtains were close, it couldn't peep inside to shine on my eyes and make my brown hair lighter than it really was.

My alarm rang and that's what woke me up.
Why is it that the bed suddenly becomes comfortable in the morning?
I stretched a little before getting up from bed.
I then headed towards the bathroom to freshen up.

After the bath i headed downstairs for breakfast, since it was Monday means its chocolate waffles in the menu.
The aroma wafted my nose and led me towards the kitchen just the way it happens with Spike in Tom and Jerry.

"Anu! Slept well?" Asked my mum.
I just nodded at her and picked up a waffle on my hand and started eating.

"Atleast take a plate!" Exclaimed my mum, i just shrugged.
She then muttered," i wonder what will happen of you after marriage."
I stopped munching the waffle and thought 'i wonder whom i will marry now, cause whom i always dreamt of is no longer mine.'

After this thought an idea popped up.
And i rushed hurriedly out of the kitchen to my room.
My mum shouted behind for me to finish eating the breakfast and i shouted," don't worry mum, i will eat something in the office."

I hurriedly changed into my blue jeans and grey tee-shirt with matching flats and left my hair open,took my purse and rushed back downstairs ready to leave.

But, before i could leave my mum stopped me.
I complained,"muuum! You know one shouldn't stop from behind when someone's leaving."
She smiled and said," but why are you in hurry? Its still one hour remaining for your work to start."

I was fidgeting with the end of my tee-shirt deciding whether to tell my mum yet or not.
I decided not to tell her right now.
"Mum? I will tell you when i return from work, but please i need to leave."
She sighed and said," fine then. Wait i will drop you cause its almost my work time."
I nodded while she went to fetch for her car keys.

*****

I was in his office waiting for him.

Why is he late?

He always come half an hour before the actual time of work, but today, he was five minutes and fifty seconds already late.

After around thirty seconds the door to his office opened and he entered all in suit.

"You are late," i complained.

He raised his eyebrows and said,"so?" He then checked his watch and said," am twenty three minutes early."

"Noo!? You are six minutes and thirty-five seconds late than the usual time you always come." I spoke.

"Who are you to check up on my timing?" He asked.
"But i have been waiting for you for thirty six minutes," i said.

He sat on his chair and opened his laptop, ready to start the work.
I stood up and closed his laptop and said,"i came here to talk to you."

"Well, you can talk, its your mouth but its my decision whether i want to listen to your nonsense or not," while he was telling me all this i stomped beside him and turned him around to face me.
Kept both my hand on each of his side of the chair, to capture him.
"You will have to listen to what i have to say," i spoke, our faces just few inches apart.

And i told him everything i had planned.
I stood up and said," we will meet lunch time to decide on what to do next."
Before he could deny i rushed out of Zayd's office.

*********

I was in my office,busy working when there was a knock, "come in" i said.

I didn't even check who it was, but what got my attention was the scent of cheesy pizza.
I looked up to find Zayd holding a box of pizza.
I pouted and said," only one box?"
He smiled shaking his head and sat on a chair.
"Why are you here?" I asked.
He passed the box of pizza to me and said,"its already lunch time."
I checked the watch and said," oh! I totally forgot."

"Its ok! What is it you wanted to discuss about?" He asked.

"Since i told you about how we can make Arjun agree not to follow the tradition, so we need to find a boyfriend for me."

"Like to have a fake relationship?" He asked and i nodded.

"Then what if the boy really falls for you?" He asked again.
I thought for a while then said," i think that wont be a big problem."
"And how is that not a problem?"

"Cause i will choose the boy myself," i replied Zayd.
"You can come over in the evening at my place and we will talk more," i said, he nodded and left while i attacked the yummy pizza.

********************************

I told Zayd about it cause he also wants Arjun and i not to follow the tradition.
So he has to help me out.
Right now am having my luxury bath and at the same time thinking all this.

After the bath i wrapped a towel and as i had forgotten to take the clothes inside the bathroom, which I always do that anyway..i went towards my closet and was just rummaging through my clothes when someone spoke," i hope you are not going to change while your window is open."

I turned around to see the grey-eyed monster.
"Zayd! What are you doing here?" I asked, but then i remembered i was the one who invited him.

He was sitting nonchalantly on my window sill,he smirked and went towards my bed to sit.

"What? You are going to sit here while i change?" I asked.
He raised his eyebrows and copied me,"What? you are going to change while am in here?"

I smirked and said mischievously,"yes, after all you are not interested in girls right?"
"Whaaat? Hell no, wait am just going out." Before he could go, i stopped him and said," first help me choose a dress for my date."

He stopped midway and asked," d..date?"

I nodded and said," two of them."
He whistled and said," its either they haven't seen you yet or they are blind to go on a date with you."

I felt sad," if you cant help me then atleast don't discourage me."i then started looking for a dress ignoring him.

Before leaving the room he said," wear the dress you had worn on your last birthday," and left.

Which dress did i wear on my last birthday?
Hell i don't even remember, Damn you! My memory.

I wore a bathrobe and went downstairs to ask mum," muuum? What did i wear on my last birthday?"

"How will i remember Anu?" My mum answered.
I rolled my eyes and replied sarcastically,"thanks so much for the help mum."

I then headed back to my room and Zayd was already sitting on my bed, with the dress ready.

"I haven't changed yet," i spoke.
"I figured that out," he answered and again went outside the room closing the door in process.
Not before muttering,"why is your cupboard messy?"
Ignoring his last sentence,
I took the milkshake pink dress and wore it.
It was flowy and reached just above my ankle, it had long lace sleeves and its neck was beaded with little diamonds.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror and let my hair in loose curls.
I am not someone who will opt for make-up but since its my first ever date then i have to atleast make an effort.
So i grabbed a natural pink colour lipstick and applied mascara on my lashes.
I then wore pink dolly shoes and paired it with a pink clutch in which my phone could be kept.

***

I went downstairs when mum said,"aww! My baby is all grown up, cant believe you are going on your first date."
I rolled my eyes and said,"muuuum."

I looked at Zayd and saw that he was busy typing something on his phone.
"Zayd? Should we go?" I asked.
"What? Am also coming?" He asked.
I denied and said,"you are only dropping me."

When we were in his car he asked me," why me? Isn't your date coming to pick you up?"

I took out a gum and kept it in my mouth and replied while chewing," i don't want any of them to know my address yet."

He stopped at the red light and said,"chewing is not appropriate for a date and now will you tell me where i have to drop you?"

I swallowed my gum and told him the address of an ice-cream parlour.
We reached there in five minutes,before coming out of the car i texted my first date to ask him if he has reached.

"He says he will be late for twenty minutes," i said to Zayd.
"So?" He asked.
I looked at him in shock," you mean to say you can resist an ice-cream?"
"Huh?" He asked.
I faced palmed myself and said,"lets eat a scoop atleast cause my date will be twenty minutes late,so for all this time what will i do alone?"

He knits his brows together and said,"i don't like ice-creams."
"Oh! Stop lying." I replied and took him inside the parlour.

I chose the booth i always take whenever i come here. We sat in a corner booth near a glass window which has a beautiful view of the road.

"Who told you i was lying?" He asked.
I ignored his question and called for a waitress.
I ordered for myself Belgium dark chocolate ice scream and for Zayd i ordered saffron and pistachio ice-cream cause i know how much he likes that flavour.

"I remember you had stolen my ice-cream from me when we were small," i answered his previous question.
"Well now i don't like,so i will just go and cancel my order."
"No, its fine i'll eat it for you."

He raised his left eyebrow and asked," are you not afraid of getting fat or something?"
I looked at him as if he is a hair-strand in my ice-cream and said,"why i would i be worry about getting fat? Plus ice-cream is something i can eat gallons of and never get tired."

The waitress brought our..oops..my ice-creams and i immediately started eating,"if you behave like this, then before you could reject anyone, your date for sure will reject you," Zayd warned me.

I rolled my eyes and asked,"by the way, how did you remember what i wore on my last birthday?"
He passed a hand through his hair and said,"unlike you,i have a good memory."
I rolled my eyes and then said," Ranveer texted he is outside."
"Ranveer?"
"My date?"
"Oh! I will just go?"
"Hmm..ok." i said while feeding on the saffron pistachio ice-cream, i decided to munch on my least favourite flavour before going for my favourite one.
"Behave! stupid," Zayd warned and left the booth.

A boy, so handsome and smart sat on my table. I immediately stopped eating my ice-cream and smiled knowing he was my date.
I then looked at my two ice-cream bowls and muttered,"am sorry Ranveer but since you were late and i was hungry, i ordered before your entry."

He laughed and said,"you are cute."
I blushed and said a thank you.
But then i remembered my reason for dating and spoke," well...umm..i actually wanted a fake boy-friend for a month."

Ranveer held a shocked face and said," fake boy-friend?" I nodded.
He stood up and said," well am sorry but i wanted a real relationship." And left.
Well here ends my first date.

I groaned and kept my forehead on the table.
"So....how was your first date?" Zayd asked.
"You haven't left?" I asked.
"What happened?" He asked.
I told my four sentenced conversation with the date and he sighed and said," you shouldn't have told him yet."
I looked up to face him and said,"should i call my next date?"
He shrugged and said,"i'll be waiting for you in the car."

****

I was in my room.
Its been a week since my attempt to find a fake boy-friend for me.
I was lying on my back,facing the ceiling when a body slumped down beside me.

I sighed and said," i think i will never get a boy-friend."
"A fake boy-friend," Zayd corrected.
He then continued,"i hope you don't have a date today, cause i wont be able to come with you."
I nodded and said,"its k, i will go on my own."
"Sooo...you have a date today?" He asked.
I nodded and said,"i just hope he is not like my other dates."
Zayd laughed and said,"yah..three rejected you, two you rejected them, the other two turned out to be underaged and what was the last one?"
He knew the answer but i know he asked intentionally.
I rolled my eyes and spoke,"the last one turned out to be a lesbian seriously? This dating site is absurd."
He laughed then after few minutes he sat up and spoke," i should go." And then left from the window as usual.

*****

I wore my casual.
A short with a spaghetti pink blouse paired with pumps.
I kept my hair in ponytail and didn't made an effort for applying make-up.

I asked my mum to drop me as i don't know how to drive.
It was Saturday.
I have to get a boyfriend before Sunday.
So that we don't follow the tradition.

I went and sat on the same booth, this time the boy was already there,waiting for me.

I nervously sat there after saying the greeting.
He introduced himself as," Aditya."

"Anya."
Then the waitress came to take our orders.
"I would like a black coffee and Anya what would you have?" Aditya asked me.
The waitress asked,"ma'am the usual?"
I denied and said,"just bring a glass of water".

"Well, i know this idea of having a fake boyfriend is really crazy, but i had no other option," i said.
He smiled and said,"i have no problem with that,cause i know gradually you will fall for me."
"Hmm...confidence huh?"i asked.
He smiled while the waitress brought our order.

"Well, i accepted the fake-boyfriend thingy cause i want to make someone jealous," he revealed.
"Hmm...girlfriend?" I teased.
He smiled showing his sparkling set of white teeth and joked,"yah but not a fake one."
We both laughed.

I guess i got my fake boy-friend.
We chatted and i got to know that he is really rich and is a lawyer.

*******

So how's it?

Anyway comment, vote and share among your friends too...

Luv you all
Shabz_sam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.1K 5.2K 18
Samira , when develops a huge crush on her senior Aahan , things don't go her way; will her life change? or this crush ends just like how most people...
131K 5.1K 27
Being a Muslim girl and in a conservative family with three protective brothers to care for you for your entire life....It makes you spoiled, protect...
316K 32.6K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
2.8K 178 23
I love you. You love me. I hate you, you love me. I love you till the end of the universe, Your love does not end at the end of the universe. we figh...