Tortured Love (One direction...

By one_direction1908

Charlotte, along side One Direction, is kidnapped. Abused by their kidnappers, the group needs to link togeth... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Authors note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Authors Note (please read!!)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
New Story!
Update

Chapter 32

1K 18 1
By one_direction1908

McKenna's POV  

It had been two weeks since we had gotten out and adjusting to not have a constant death threat over my head was a little difficult. I still had very realistic nightmares that left me shaking, sweaty, and unable to go back to sleep. I still jumped at every loud bang and movement in the corner of my eye. I still felt trapped. But it was getting better, easier.  

Charlie, on the other hand, was a different story. Going through what she did was as much as she could handle but seeing what she did had sent her over the edge. It took her a full two days to even speak a word and even then all she wanted to do was be alone and cry. I didn't blame her though.  

I wish I could do something for her but I couldn't. All I could do was be a shoulder to cry on and a listening ear. We were actually rooming together. Ever since what happened to Charlie we were put into rooms next to each other with police outside our doors. Zayn and Niall were to our right, Liam and Louis to the left, and Harry alone on the other side of them.  

I heard one of the policemen's radio go off as I shifted around in the scratchy sheets. I missed my bed. At least I had my pillow from home. My mother had brought it when her and dad had flown out here. I was overwhelmingly happy to have them back. I thought I'd never see them again.  

Currently, they were at their hotel room getting some rest. Mom and Dad had been at my bedside since the plane touched down and I had finally convinced them to lay down. I had also been video chatting with my family from back home; grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and friends. We weren't the wealthiest so even flying Mom and Dad in would hurt us. But I was glad non the less that they were here.  

Wanting to go see Niall, I got out of bed and trudged to the doorway.  

"Need anything?" I asked Charlie.  

She shook her head silently.  

"Okay" I sighed, wishing there was something I could do for her. I went into Niall room where him and Zayn were laughing.  

When Niall saw me, he instantly smiled and patted the side of his bed, inviting me over.  

"Hey McKenna, how you feeling today?" He asked.  

"Good" I smiled back "How about you?" 

"Much better with my family down here. They just got in last night. I'd really like you to meet them" I instantly felt really nervous. The usual questions floated through my mind; what if I made a bad impression? What if they don't like me?  

"Don't worry, they will love you" Niall comforted, seeing me anxiously biting at my lip. I nodded, knowing he was right. Why reason did they have to dislike me?  

"Where are they?" I asked.  

"In the cafeteria getting something to eat" he replied "they should be back any second" 

Niall had already met my parents because they had flown in quicker. Niall's parents were further away and the news of our reappearance didn't get to them quite as fast.  

The meet had been wonderful. Niall, being the perfect gentleman that he is, got rid of any doubts my parents might have had. I did, after all, meet Niall while being kidnaped. But he had charmed his was into their affections and they were now putty in his hands. Also, I think my parents were glad I was finally getting over Leo. I had told them months after he had moved what had really been going on. They were crushed by the fact that it had happened and the fact that I hadn't come to them as soon as I suspected something was wrong. I know now that it was a stupid choice to keep that secret. But Niall didn't know about Leo. Should I tell him?  

Voices drifting up the hall interrupted my thoughts and Niall murmured "Speak of the devil" 

Worry and anticipation shot through me. They emerged into the room and I could see Niall's mom was small with blond hair and blue eyes. She was very pretty. Niall's dad was a few inches taller than Niall, had brown hair, and also had blue eyes. Niall's stepdad, Chris, was talking to Bobby. Trailing behind them was Niall's brother, Greg, and his wife, Denise.  

Niall swung his legs over the bed and stood. He pulled me to my feet and put a supportive arm around me.  

"Everyone, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, McKenna Young" he said proudly.  

His Mom stepped up first and surprised me with a timid hug.  

"It's lovely to finally meet you. Niall has told us so much about you. I'm Maura" 

"It's nice to meet you too" I replied, thankful for her warm welcome. I was introduced to everyone and they welcomed me with open arms.  

"Hello Zayn, how you feeling?" Maura asked.  

He smiled "Good. I think we will all be able to go home soon" 

"Oh, it will be so nice to have you all home" She said then her face faltered a little "So McKenna, Niall tells me you are from Vancouver?" 

"Yes, I am" I replied, curious.  

"What will you two be doing when it's time to go home?" Maura asked. That was a good question.  

Niall grabbed my hand and squeezed it "We will make it work" 

As sweet as the answer was, it didn't solve our problem. I had always told my friends I didn't believe in long distance relationships because I didn't think they could work. Sure, for a while it would be alright but I think face to face contact is essential for a functional relationship.  

I chewed on the inside of my cheek nervously as I pondered my options. Breaking up was defiantly wasn't one of them. I would have to talk to Niall about this. He was right, though; we would defiantly make this work. 

Charlotte's POV  

I had no more tears left to cry. All I could do now was stare at the wall and put a wall up to block out the pain, hurt, and despair. Although I couldn't, no matter how I tried, control the anger. No only had they killed my family but made me endure watching it. That had ruined my life.  

I took a deep breath, hearing the quickening of my heart monitor. Thinking about it wouldn't do any good. It wouldn't bring my family back. It wouldn't give me the revenge I desperately wanted. It wouldn't do anything but make my life even more miserable.  

A knock at the door startled me and pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked up to the door, expecting Harry, but found the last person I expected to be here.  

Evan.  

He sent me a familiar goofy smile and sauntered in.  

"Charlotte" He greeted me, perching on a chair next to the bed.  

"Evan" I breathed "What are you doing here?" 

He looked really confused "Why wouldn't I be here? I...was really worried about you. I looked for you for weeks but obviously I had as much luck as the police did. I'm so sorry Charlie. I didn't know what I could do" 

"Evan, this wasn't anyone's fault" I replied evenly. He sighed and sat forward. He cupped my face and traced light circles on my cheek bone.  

"I've missed you so much Charlotte" Evan murmured.  

Instead of the butterflies I normally felt when Evan did this, I felt guilt. I took his hand and slipped it off my face gently.  

I kept a hold of his hand and said "Evan, I need to tell you something" 

His eyebrows scrunched together "What?" 

I took a shaky breath before answering "Things...happened while I was gone" 

"What things?" 

"Um...well....I..." I stuttered, not knowing how to spit it out.  

"Come on, babe, you can tell me anything" Evan coaxed.  

"I...met someone" I got out.  

"Met someone?" He visibly tensed. I just nodded, guilt continuously ripping through me.  

"As in, you're with another guy?" He demanded. Evan yanked his hand away.  

"I didn't intent to do it" I defended lamely "it just happened" 

"It just happened?" He repeated "that's all you have to say?" 

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you" Tears dripped down my face. I couldn't take any more pain. I just wanted to curl up and cry alone.  

"I....I have to be honest with you" Evan cleared his throat.  

"What?" I replied, not really wanting to hear the answer.  

"You remember Rachael Collins?" Rachael was a big athletic player; soccer, basketball, handball, cheerleading, volleyball, and track. I had known her from school. She was nice enough but we didn't interact much. Different social circles I guess.  

"Yes, what about her?"  

"I cheated on you...with Rachael" Evan admitted. A pang of rage, jealousy, and hurt went through me.  

"When?"  

"January" He couldn't look me in the eyes.  

"January?!" I pulled away, revolted "That was months before I was kidnapped!" 

"I know. I'm sorry" I was at a loss for words.  

"I think that it would be best for the both of us if we just went our separate ways" I said evenly in monotone, wiping the tears away. I pushed everything back behind the wall in the dark corners of my mind.  

"That's the thing, Charlotte" Evan said, taking my hand back in both of his "I don't want it to be over. I still love you and I want us to be together. I know what we've both done is wrong but we can end those meaningless flings and go back to the way we were. I still love you Charlie" 

Before I could say anything or even process what Evan had just said, he leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. Confused, I kissed him back hesitantly. What was I doing?! Pull away!  

Evan pulled away and sighed "Just like it used to be" 

A throat clearing in the doorway broke our trance and we pulled away quickly. I looked up to see someone in black sweats and a loose, grey t-shirt.  

It was Harry.  

_________________________________________________________________________ 

For those of you who don't remember; Leo was McKenna's ex boyfriend who abused her but moved away! Sorry for any confusion

Sorry for the late update but I hope it was worth the wait :) What did you think? Will Harry be mad at Charlie or even, dare I say, break up with her?! O_O And what about McKenna and Niall, would a long distance relationship suffice? Let me know what you think! As always, please fan, vote, and comment! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 524 19
Harry Styles is taken. What will the band do? How will they cope? Will they get Harry back?...
5.4K 218 11
Escaping. An amazing feeling. Eve and Carly are finally free, but to what extent. The road their on is becoming a little rocky and no one is happy. I...
4.6K 96 23
One Direction AU. FINISHED When stopping at an out of the way bank, Jasey and her friend Stella never imagine they'd meet One Direction, nevertheless...
3.4K 123 18
Catherine and Milly are both best friends, shopping. That was when they got kidnapped. But, two people save them and they aren't just two normal peop...