Dicing with Darkness

By Blaynero

A young Jedi Padawan by the name of Leo Kennex has the only home he's ever known destroyed. Follow Leo's stor... More

Message
Dramatis Personae
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Remnants of Past
Chapter 2 - Soothing the Flame
Chapter 3 - Old Mates
Chapter 4 - Old Sparks, New Flames
Chapter 5 - Respect of Decisions
Chapter 6 - Close Call
Chapter 7 - Deception, Disgrace
Chapter 8 - Suspicion
Chapter 9 - Beginnings
Chapter 10 - Lesson Learn't
Chapter 12 - Cruelness
Chapter 13 - Wing It
Chapter 14 - Gubrara and Katree
Chapter 15 - Aftermath
Chapter 16 - Final Exam
Chapter 17 - Rekishi
Chapter 18 - Unforeseen
Chapter 19 - Familiar Presence
Chapter 20 - Jezebel
Chapter 21 - Together
Chapter 22 - Eva...
Chapter 23 - Ensuing Sparkles
Chapter 24 - Kudarizaka
Chapter 25 - Kongō
Chapter 26 - Final Bout (Part 1)
Chapter 26 - Final Bout (Part 2)
Chapter 27 - Final Love
Writer's Thanks

Chapter 11 - Close Encounters

6 0 0
By Blaynero

The night sky dawned on the land as quick as the daylight retreated from its presence. Nelani sat behind the temple in a garden with a plethora of flowers and medium sized trees surrounding the outline of the wall. It wasn't a big area it was about 20 metres wide and 30 metres long. She sat on a log by the pond that was in the middle of the garden. The pond was trifled with pink and green leaves floating on its surface, the water itself was clear. Leo had been walking around the city looking for Nelani for some time now without any success.

"Where is that girl?" Leo ponders to himself scratching the top of his head looking near the landing ports at the far end of the city.

'I'm behind the temple, Silly.' Nelani teases with Force telepathy.

'Oh.'

'Come on, or Don't you want get lost in my gaze again.'

Leo blushes. 'Who said I got lost in your gaze?' He replies with a defensive tone.

'Don't worry. I think it's cute.' Nelani reassures, grinning from the expected comment.

'I'll be right there.' Leo begins to run.

Leo finds his way through a few bushes to lay his eyes on a majestic garden; so, regal and well-kept in comparison to the rest of the rundown city. The pond was the first thing to draw his attention, the soft blue illumination was the only source of light available in the garden. The tiled path he stood on lead him to Nelani standing in front of the pond with her attention on him.

Slowly Leo steps from tile to tile, taking in the beautiful sight he didn't know was here. The white tiles seem to reflect the unnatural blue hue of colour. He follows the tile path making to Nelani seeing it curve around the pond making a figure eight. She holds out her hands to him when he approaches closer, smiling as he pulls her close.

Coruscant, Galactic Senate Office Building,

West Landing Platform

The early morning suns presence was graced with sound of blaster bolts being fired on the west side of the Senate Office Building. Xavier hides behind a LAAT avoiding the barrage of blaster bolts being shot in his direction. On the other side of the ship is Aya.

Aya's outfit has completely changed from the senators garments she once had. Rather than be constricted for work, she now moves fluidly in tight khaki jeans and knee length leather boots. A black sleeveless vest snugly hugs her upper body; zipped up to her neck but allowing her maximum movement to fight with a brown bracer with comlink to complete the outfit.

Xavier pulls a thermal detonator from his belt and roles towards the clone troopers. Within a few seconds, it explodes. Killing the 2 troopers and sending their lifeless corpses metres back. One of the corpses hits another trooper taking him by surprise.

Aya takes this chance to fire a few shots at the troopers - most of them miss, but one manages to hit a trooper on the left foot making him fall forward. Another trooper pulls him behind a pillar checking the wound.

"Ya need to work on your aim!" Xavier observes.

"We'll I haven't much practice or a good teacher!" Aya remarks, reminding him to cut her some slack.

"Well, I believe in a practical approach when it comes to teaching!" Xavier retorts, smirking under his helmet as he fires a few more bolts. Hitting two in the chest sending them back on their butts.

"I think to you need to take a different approach to your teaching methods!"

"Tell ya what as soon as we finish up here! We'll get back to back practicing! What do ya say?!"

"I think..." Aya takes a few more shots, continuing. "We need to make it out of this alive! Before we do anything else!"

After they finished conversing they feel the LAAT begin to move. They jump away from the LAAT as it abruptly it flies off the platform and hits a speeder below flying past – sending mushroom cloud smoke onto the battle ground. Xavier looks to the troopers and sees a red skinned female Twi'lek standing with a squadron of troopers behind her.

The Twi'lek is wearing black robe covering her whole body with a silver scarf belt around the waist and shoulders making it look like an extension of the robes and black knee high boots concealed under the robes. From her belt, she pulls a curved-hilted lightsabre an ignites it with snap-hiss the crimson blade comes to life in her right hand.

Isn't that Dooku's? Xavier pauses, turning wide eyed, before yelling, "Oh Shit!" A trooper onslaught of blaster bolts force them to duck behind some crates.

"What do we do now?!" Aya anxiously pleads, fear mongering eyes look to Xavier for the answer.

"Don't worry I've been in tougher situations. That sith is nothing compared to me." Xavier answers, trying to sound and look composed. Even though he was as terrified, he'd been caught between a rock and a hard place before, but this time he didn't have a Jedi to back him up.

"Where's Leo when ya need him." Xavier murmurs under his breath hoping Aya wouldn't hear. He grabs for 2 more Thermal Detonators and chucks one at the Twi'lek and the other at troopers. The Twi'lek extends her free arm stopping them telekinetically, making a fist crushing them.

"Okay new plan." Xavier says, sensing anxiety creeping up his back while he looks on in shock from the powerful display.

"What's that?"

Aya anxiously takes a few shots at the Twi'lek. The sith stands there unfazed by the inaccurate spray of blaster bolts. She lifts the crates above their heads and off the platform. Xavier and Aya begin to feel their throats being crushed and levitated over to the edge. The Twi'lek stands a few metres away from them now - both hands extended in a cupping gesture. Her lightsabre unlit in her hand suddenly is flung back hitting a LAAT.

"Wha-" before the Sith could finish a word, she loses her focus on Xavier and Aya getting flung back by what appears to be virtually nothing into a pillar falling unconscious. Xavier and Aya begin to fall. Then suddenly are teleported back to Xavier's Garage.

"What the fuck!? How did!? We were! And then! Aaargh my brain hurts!" Xavier exclaims with confusion. Taking a seat at his desk putting his right hand on his forehead. He then hears a thud sound as he looks down and sees Aya unconscious on the floor.

"Aya? Aya what's...? Shit." Xavier lifts her gently onto his disgrace of a bed.

The Planet, near Unknown Space

Nelani sits with Leo in the garden. She looks entranced like she's on another planet. She lays in Leo's arms head in his lap. Leo oblivious to her state, enjoys the silence and serenity of the garden stays silent himself.

Nelani's face changes appearing to be back in the moment. She peaks up and kisses Leo, hugging him. She stops and places her head on his shoulder.

"What was that for?" Whispers Leo trying to keep the serenity in the garden.

"Didn't you like it?" Nelani whispers with playful sarcasm. "If you didn't I could do something else." She takes her head off his shoulder and give a seductive smile. Leo blushes and Kisses back avoiding the question.

Nelani releases Leo from the kiss. "Good answer." She praises

"Well I am learning from the best." Leo begins to feel anxious from her out of the blue question. He yawns and rubs his eyes, his body telling him to sleep. He had completely lost track of time, from loving every moment he spent with Nelani but knew he couldn't last all night.

Leo kisses Nelani and then stands, extending his hand out to her offering his assistance. "I was wandering how long it would take you to tap out." Nelani takes both of Leo's hands, looking him dead in the eye smiling like she knows something.

Something that will affect them both. Leo notices her gaze is filled with harmonious happiness and sinful sorrow wrapped together.

Leo expression changes from intrigue to concern within mere seconds of noticing this. Nelani tilts her head forward slightly. Her expression changes from the balancing act of joy and grief to the song performance of sad secrets.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me." Nelani looks back up to Leo putting on a fake smile and clenching his hands stronger than before, continuing to speak. "Just get some rest okay. Tomorrows a new day." Nelani kisses him, putting her arms around his waist, with a feeling she hasn't felt in years.

Love, however, this love feels different to the love she felt for Aaron. It feels like the true love she had been seeking this whole time. The feeling of knowing that she had loved the wrong person, arose with her. The feeling of knowing that Leo is the one she is meant to love. The feeling of knowing she will spend the rest of her life is going to be the best part of her life.

Leo hugs back. 'Okay. Just remember that I'm here for you. For good.' In the moment Nelani sheds tears of joy, squeezing him even tighter almost knocking the wind out of him.

Nelani releases Leo from the hug. Wiping the tears from her face hoping Leo doesn't notice. "Good night, Nelani." Leo gently caresses his right hand across her left cheek. He begins walks down the tile path out of the garden back into the temple.

Leo lays himself on his bed in the third room. Feeling the comfy, soft blankets he brought from the ship to replace the old, rough sheets he once regrettable slept on. As he began to feel his body begin to sink into deep sleep, the faint whispers of a soft, heavenly voice graced its presence upon Leo's mind. He had heard the exact voice the first time he had arrived on the planet. Knowing it was Nelani he began to feel more relaxed from her heavenly voice.

Leo only heard only gentle whispers, but what he managed to hear were the words, 'I love you, Leo.' After hearing those words, the whispers began to fade. He unconsciously whispers back, "I love you, Nelani."

Nelani floats above the temple roof looking out to the one of the three moons glowing with a mysterious purple appearing at random. Nelani smiles knowing what is to come, excited for the future, for her and Leo spending the rest of their lives together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

779 37 8
Dark and light. Sith and Jedi fill the sides. Eternally locked in battle. One that is once more being fought. What will happen as a shadow of the pas...
469K 8.5K 30
Darth Vader, a name that striked fear in the enemy, very few survive the encounter with the fearsome Dark Lord of the Sith and live to tell the tale...
165K 1.8K 30
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order ◈ x Reader | English Short Story Collection - In English // Completed //Content: - Chapter - Smut - Fluff - Extra chapte...
53 0 1
After the events of The Force Unleashed, Galen Marek finds himself living in the outer rims of the Galaxy in hiding from the Empire. He is forced to...