The Perv and The Nerd: Wish C...

By Kurisu-chan_15

Melody Jade Winterson She was always the quiet loner in high school, known by her innocence and brains; she w... More

♠ Author's Note ♠
Prologue
Chapter 1: Unpacking
Chapter 2: First Morning Together
Chapter 3: Happy Life
Chapter 4: The Goods
Chapter 5: Belongs To Me
Chapter 6: Jealousy
Chapter 7: He's here!
Chapter 8: Effin' Doctor
Chapter 9: Pillow Defense
Chapter 10: Sauce Stained Lip
Chapter 11: Disaster
Chapter 12: To Love Somebody
Chapter 13: Unfeminine
Chapter 14: Leaving
Chapter 15: A Mess
Chapter 16: Extended
Chapter 17: Lonely
Chapter 18: Black Shirt
Chapter 19: Disturbed
Chapter 20: Ride of My Life
Chapter 21: I Hate You
Chapter 22: Leave
Chapter 24: My Miracle
Chapter 25: Red Dress
Chapter 26: Chocolate Bonbons
Chapter 27: Morning Surprise
Chapter 28: Markings
Chapter 29: Secret Plans
Chapter 30: More Secrets
Chapter 31: Caller I.D.
Chapter 32: Kelly's Place
Chapter 33: Don't tell Jade
Chapter 34: Dressing Up
Chapter 35: Christmas Party
Chapter 36: Exchanged Gifts
Chapter 37: Fancy Dinner
Chapter 38: Confession
Chapter 39: Merry Christmas
Chapter 40: Single's Night
Chapter 41: I Do
Chapter 42: After the Wedding
Chapter 43: Paris
Chapter 44: Sweet
Chapter 45: Bad Omen
Chapter 46: Nausea
Chapter 47: News
Chapter 48: Names
Chapter 49: Gifts
Chapter 50: Booty Call
Chapter 51: Emergency
Chapter 52: Pulmonary Fibrosis
Chapter 53: Good & Bad News
Chapter 54: Special Cookies
Chapter 55: Three Days
Chapter 56: Decisions
Chapter 57: Drinks
Chapter 58: Reminisce
Chapter 59: Birth
Epilogue
== Congratulations~! ==
~ Next Book!!! ~

Chapter 23: Brighter Outcome

1.7K 93 24
By Kurisu-chan_15

I gawk at the electrocardiogram monitor besides Chris' bed for no real reason. The green line just bounces up and down while letting out a beep while it measures Chris' heart rate, blood pressure and a lot more.

Then, my eyes turn to Chris himself. My expression wasn't calm, I was still worried for a lot of different reasons that all circled around Chris that I couldn't help myself and feel this way.

My hands then move on its own to touch Chris' cheek. I just wanted to touch him, to feel how he's doing, to know his body temperature that he's okay and just sleeping. But as I do so, I freeze in shock.

Something's not right! Why does Chris feel ice cold?!

As soon as the realization hits me, the beep suddenly turns flat and the deafening tone resounds in the room.

"Chris? Chris!" I start to yell. My hand then extends towards the nurse calling button. "Don't die on me! Please! I love you! I want to spend my forever with you! Please! I beg of you to keep on fighting! Chris!!!" I cry as I hold a firm grip to his hand, and no matter how many times I keep pushing the button, no one comes in the room.

Why isn't anyone coming?!

I then search for the defibrillator to maybe revive Chris on my own, since I know the process. But the odd thing is, the room seems cold and empty for a reason, the only thing that's filling the obscure silence is the thunderous flat tone of the cruel machine that's mocking me that Chris has already left me and has no plan to come back ever again.

Dr. Brown then enters the room after a while of me crying on Chris' chest. He lets me sit in place as he then slowly pulls the white blanket sheets over Chris' face. "Doctor! Chris can still be saved!"

He heaves out a huge sigh before speaking without even looking at me, "I'm sorry Jade. But you'll just have to accept that he's gone."

"No..."

"Jade... Chris is dead..."

"NO!!!" I shout as I then cover my ears and shout tons more of 'no's' at him.

I don't want to believe all of this! Chris isn't gone! Chris is simply resting! He'll be back! He'll wake up! Right? Right?!

I crouch down again to cry my eyes out, and I feel like slowly passing out too. Everything then slowly started to fade to black.

"de..."

"ade..."

What?

"Jade..." someone calls out my name while slowly trying to shake me from my sleep. "Oh good, you're awake! Did you have a nightmare?" asks the person who woke me up, and I adjust my eyes to the light and wipe away the tears that fell in my sleep.

My eyes then gradually adjusted to the images in the room and I look at the person. Somehow, it made me tear up again, but this time, they were tears of happiness, "This isn't a dream right?"

He pinched my arm so hard that I winced from the pain and he chuckled in satisfaction, "Did that answer your question?" he teases me.

I just somehow break down and run in to give him a giant hug and cry out his name, "CHRIIIISSSS!!!!!"

He was startled from my actions, "Whoah! Jade? ... I just fainted alright? Nothing's wrong..."

I had to give him a slap on the arm, but not too hard, "Stupid! You were out cold for almost three weeks now!!!"

"Three we-... I-I'm sorry Jade... I didn't know I was out that long... Was that also the cause of your bad dream just now?" he asked me as he brought his hand to my cheek and gently wiped off the tears that were trickling down.

I just nodded and continued, "You really had me worried you know! The others were really worried too that our gang even wanted to stay behind!"

[Chris' P.O.V.]

"I'm sorry that I put you through this..." I answered her with a sad smile, but she shakes her head in disapproval.

"No, it's me who should be apologizing to you. I shouldn't have let Luke spoil me or baby me too much because I know you don't like it and it dangers your health. I should be more careful, and I'd be willing to transfer to another hospital if you want me to!"

"Jade... That's -"

"U-Uhm! I'll go call the others to know that you're okay, and also Dr. Brown so he can do check-ups on you so we can all be sure that you're really okay!" she says as she rushes to the door.

I didn't want to say anything back to her, so I just smiled and waved. But as she just opened the door, she closed it once more and wobbly walked towards me, face as red as a tomato. It kinda made me nervous, "J-Jade? Y-you a-alr-right?" REALLY nervous...

The next thing she did was, cup her hands on my face and planted her soft lips on mine to give me a 'welcome back' kiss. "Welcome back Chris. I've missed you a lot." That line just somehow made my heart skip a beat. And even though I had no idea how long I was out for, I still felt really bad for making Jade feel and look this way. I can notice her eyes are more swelled up with a mixture of dark and red colors in it. Probably from lack of sleep and crying too much.

"It's great to be back Jade. I love you so much."

"I love you very much too, Chris." she smiles tearfully and turns to rush towards the others to tell them the news about me.

The dreams I've been having lately feel all too surreal too. Sometimes it just doesn't feel like I'm in a dream. Most of my dreams were me walking aimlessly around a blank white, or blank grey area. Some were Jade getting farther away from my grasp. Some were Luke trying to steal Jade from me. And some were scenes from my own funeral and how Jade broke down so much because of it.

Thinking back on all the dreams I had lately, I could deduct that they were all nightmares. I never want to have dreams like those ever again. The thought of those dreams were too scary for me. I wonder if Jade had similar nightmares too?

Moments later, they all came rushing in. Dr. Brown checked me up while the others waited nauseatingly in silence for the results.

"Chris..." began Dr. Brown, "Good news is, you're stable and is as fit as a fiddle at the moment. So there are no worries for a while. Bad news is, I need you to stay a couple of days more here so I can check on your stats."

"'S fine doc... As long as I'm getting better, all is well..."

"Good to hear! Good to hear!" the doctor patted my back happily, but then crouched down to whisper something. "Luke wants to apologize to you too, so please hear the boy out when he finds the right time to speak to you."

I didn't like it, but I had to listen to what the b*st*rd has to say. He'll always be a rotten girlfriend steal-er to me though!

After I was finally alright, everyone else cheered for me before going back to their offices to continue with their work, but Jade wanted to stay behind to talk with me more. She told me what had happened the entire events that happened from the moment I had a heart attack up to now.

It was somehow aggravating to know how much suffering I've caused her, but I was helpless and couldn't even comfort her while I was out cold.

We talked throughout the rest of the day, and Jade decided to sleep in my private hospital room. Since the bed was just the right size for the both of us to fit in, I asked her to sleep on the bed with me than on the sofa, cause I missed hugging her while drifting off to sleep. Sleeping beside Jade and holding her in my arms just gives me pleasant dreams and a peace of mind.

When I asked her to sleep beside me, I was shocked from her answer, she didn't retort in a way where she felt like she was being teased to sleep next to me, but she asked, "You sure you won't feel cramped in that bed with me? I mean, it is meant for one person?"

Oh man! I just wanted to hug her tight immediately! "No Jade, it's an okay size, and besides, I'll hold you tightly so you won't fall..." She blushed from my words, but she happily laid beside me in bed. "I missed this." I mumbled.

"You have no idea that I missed this more than you did." she pouted. It honestly caught me off guard, not her pout, but her answer. I couldn't help but kiss her on the forehead for that.

"Maybe so... But one thing I am sure of is, no words can measure how much I love you Jade. Thanks for always being there for me... I forgive you from everything that happened, but you did nothing wrong, you were just being you, and that's why I love you so much. I'm also very sorry for having said all those horrible things to you. I could never come to hate you, in fact, I hate myself for saying such stupid things to you and making you feel the way you did while I was in a coma... I love you Jade..."

"It's alright Chris... I forgive you too... We never meant for anything bad to happen, so let's just pray for the brighter outcome for this situation."

"Yeah..." I say then cling on to her as I tell her I love her again and wish her a goodnight. Jade does the same and scoots closer to cuddle more to my chest and we both slowly drift off to sleep.

I'm praying for more happy endings to come...

______________________________

Hey Guys!!!

This isn't the end yet okay? XD

Chris is finally awake and Chade is back on the happy train. Chris will be checked out of the hospital in a few more days and their romantic pervy live-in life will continue~! XD

How did you guys feel when you didn't know that the first part of this chapter was a dream? Haha... Did I almost get you? I almost got myself too! XDD

Thanks and Please continue to Support + Share + Vote + Comment on #TPaTNWCT~! :D

Don't keep quiet and share your thoughts~! :3

~Kurisu-chan ;*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
188K 6.8K 37
"I wish that this could be real. I wish that you and me, we could be real. I wish that we could have everything. But all that we have is... a fake lo...
184 27 20
Natalie has always dreamed about E Miller since that day Freshman year. She's never felt this way about anyone else. For three years she's admired hi...
3.8K 136 21
*REMAKE/EDITING COMING SOON AFTER SPIN OFF SERIES* "Stop being so afraid to fall, Sky!" He whispers in exasperation as he tucks a stray lock behind m...