Living With The Captain Of Th...

By WastedxSpace

Grayson Hayes (Gray) has the ideal life. She is one of the most popular girls in school, the captain of the c... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24

Chapter 23

758 10 3
By WastedxSpace

*****JAMES POV*****

I wake up to the sound of screaming. The clock beside my bed reads 1:34, so I roll over and go back to sleep. The screaming starts again and I rush into the hallway. The noise leads to Gray's room. I push the door open and see that she is screaming in her sleep.

"Gray. Gray wake up." I say and shake her. She sits up quickly and hugs her knees to her chest.

"It was just a dream Gray." I sooth. She is shaking and the moonlight from the window reflects off of the tears on her face.

"But it wasn't a dream. She's still dead." She whispers. I wrap my arms around her and lay down beside her on the bed. Her breathing soon returns to normal, but her words replay in my mind for what seems like hours....

She's still dead... She's still dead... She's still dead...

When I wake up again, Gray is sweaty and cold to the touch. She wakes up shortly after me and immediately scoots away.

"What're you doing." She asks, an accusing tone in her voice.

"You had a nightmare." I say

"Oh... yeah." She whispers and her eyes flash with emotion, pain or longing.

"I'll go." I say and get up. When I am in the hallway, she calls for me.

"James?" I turn around

"Yes Gray?" I hope that she'll ask me to stay.

"Thank you." She says and I smile softly at her.

"You're welcome." I say and go into my room and try and fall asleep until morning.

*****GRAYS POV*****

I'm standing on the sidewalk, watching the cars go by. I see Mom's car and wave at her. The light turns green and she drives forward. A car comes out of nowhere and smashes into her car. Her body crumples and the driver of the other car gets out. It's my dad. I call to him, and he runs away. I follow him for miles until he turns into an alley.

"Dad!" I call out. He disappeared.

A man jumps out from the shadows and tackles me. He forces himself onto me and takes off my pants. I squeeze my eyes shut and wait for what I know comes next.

Someone saves me though. I open my eyes and see Fallon standing over me. He reaches out his hand. I take it, but he pulls it away and I fall back down. When I look back up at him, I see that he is James, laughing at me.

"Gray! Gray!" He taunts, laughing and pointing. Everything goes black and I wake up.

I am sweating and shaking. I pull my knees up to my chest as someone tries to comfort me. They pull me to lay down and my eyes become heavy again, so I let go and let sleep take over me.

***

Morning light seeps through the curtains and wakes me from my fitful sleep. I take a shower then get dressed in a grey shirt, black skinny jeans, and a black jacket.

When I get downstairs, I see James, Andy, and Michael sitting at the table eating breakfast. They all look at me with wide eyes.

"Gray. Why are you dressed?" Andy asks

"Because I can't go to school without clothes." I say I squint at him.

"That's not what I meant." He mumbles

"Oh you meant because the only family that actually cares for me died. Sorry that I misunderstood." I snap and his cheeks flame.

"No Gray... I'm sorry... I didn't mean..." He stumbles over the words. I text Lexi to get me in the way to school.

"Do you want some eggs?" James asks and I shake my head.

"I have yogurt." I say

"That's not very nutritious..." He trails off when I glare at him.

"Maybe you all should stop questioning everything I do." I say as I eat my yogurt.

"I know you're sad but you don't have to be a bitch." James snaps

"Excuse me?" Michael and Andy look at him with pale faces.

"I didn't..." His face turns red and he looks at his lap.

"I've given you so many chances James. But you keep screwing up. You know what? Fuck you. Fuck. You. I can't believe I used to love you. I can't believe I even used to like you." I say and storm out of the house, trying to hide the tears that are streaming down my face.

G- Hey Lex. I'm walking down the street so can you just keep an eye out?
L- Why aren't you at the house?
G- I can't stand another second around James.
S- What happened?
G- I'll tell you in the car

After ten minutes of walking, Lexi's car pulls up beside me and I get in. I tell them all that happened, including the nightmare and waking up next to James.

"Are you going to tell Fallon?" Sarah asks

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask and check my makeup in the mirror.

"I don't know how he'd react to you sleeping with James." She says as if she's walking on eggshells.

"He'll understand." I say, not quite sure though.

"I don't think you should tell him." Lexi says

"Maybe you're right." I say as we drive into the school parking lot.

"Have I ever been wrong?" She smirks

"Well..." Sarah says

"Don't answer that." She laughs

When we get to our lockers, Fallon is waiting for me.

"Hey." He says and kisses the top of my head.

"How'd you know I was coming today?" I ask as he m wraps his arms around me.

"Lexi texted me." He says

"Oh." I mumble against his chest. He lets go of me and takes my books out of my locker and laces his fingers with mine.

"Gray... How are you?" Stephanie walks up to me.

"I'm fine." I mumble

"Oh well I just didn't know how you'd be with your Mom and all." She says

"Okay thank you Stephanie." Fallon says and she walks away quickly.

"Do you need to go somewhere?" He asks me quietly.

"No. I'm okay." I say and hold back the tears.

"Okay." He says, but pulls me to the girls bathroom anyway. It is empty because the bell has already rung.

"I said I'm okay." I force a smile into my face.

"I know what you said, but I also know that's not what you meant." He says

"Really. I'm okay." I say but he sits down on the floor and pulls me into his lap. I rest my head on his chest and soon tears blur my vision.

"I miss her so much." I sob and grab his shirt into my fists.

"I know baby." He says and runs his fingers through my hair.

"I keep having dreams about her. They won't stop." I say and ball my fists tighter.

"They will stop eventually. This is the hardest part. You'll get through it though." He says in a soothing voice.

"I don't want to get through it. I want her back. Why did this have to happen to me? It's not fair!" I yell and hit the wall with my fist. My knuckles come back slightly bloody.

"Fuck Gray. Are you okay?" He gasps and take my hand in his.

"I'm fine." I say as he cleans it with a paper towel. He wipes my tear soaked face with his hand and kisses under my eyes.

"I need to tell you something." He says gently.

"What's wrong?" I ask and pray that he's not breaking up with me.

"Nothing's wrong. I've just been meaning to tell you something. I don't know if this is to soon, and please don't hate me if it is, but I need to say it." He says

"Okay." I say slowly.

"I think I love you Gray." He says. I stay quiet for a few moments and his face grows red.

"I'm so stupid... I shouldn't've said that." He says quickly.

"No... I just didn't expect that. I... I love you too Fallon." I say

"Really?" He says and his face brightens.

"Yes really." I say and force a smile. I do love him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 72.3K 36
Gabriella is incoming sophomore in a new town, in a new high school in New Jersey. She meets the popular Dolan Twins. Ethan is know a sweet guy but...
19.7K 118 11
um, by the title, this story is gonna be hella smutty. enjoy!
1.3M 35.5K 58
Meet Braylon Monroe, she's the new girl at Eastside high school so no one knows her. Then there's Grayson Owens, Mr. Perfect, the bad boy, player, an...
1.1M 13.4K 23
*Sexual Content & Strong Language Involved.* Melanie Brooks is the perfect daughter in her parents eyes. She is a junior in high school who is the c...