Enchanted

By ElenaRose18

Princess Avery of Carcassone, lived a simple royal life. But when she finds a mysterious box that leads to a... More

Enchanted (Completed)
Chapter 1 - The Mysterious Box
Chapter 2 - Accepting the Truth
Chapter 3 - Betrothed
Chapter 4 - Treason
Chapter 5 - Imprisoned
Chapter 6 - Going Back
Chapter 7 - A Princess Can Do Better
Chapter 8 - The Plan
Chapter 9 - Hide and Seek
Chapter 10 - The Princess and the Pauper
Chapter 11 - Changes
Chapter 12 - Revelations
Chapter 13 - More Powerful Than Ever
Chapter 14 - Halfway There
Chapter 15 - Help From a Likely Source
Chapter 16 - Traitor
Chapter 17 - Deceived By One Of Our Own
Chapter 18 - Scream
Chapter 19 - Letting Go and Looking Forward
Chapter 20 - Wedding Bells
Chapter 21 - Supernatural Princess
Chapter 23 - Reunited
Chapter 24 - Forever Mine
Chapter 25 - Celebrations
Chapter 26 - Revenge
Chapter 27 - Late, Last Night
Chapter 28 - The Dilemma
Chapter 29 - It's Time
Chapter 30 - I'll Never Leave You...
Chapter 31 - The Great Battle Part 1
Chapter 32 - The Great Battle Part 2
Chapter 33 - The Great Battle Part 3
Chapter 34 - I'll Always Remember You...
Chapter 35 - The Happy Ending

Chapter 22 - The Sacrafice

116 1 1
By ElenaRose18

CHAPTER 22 - THE SACRAFICE

************************************************************************************************************

He couldn't believe it. She had looked her own mother in the eye and lied to her. She had looked him in the eye and lied. Anton let out deep shaky breaths to keep himself calm but how could he be calm when his own daughter was about to be burned at the stake for witchcraft? The princess of Carcassone, the only heir didn't need a trial, as all the proof and just happened, right in front of everyone, with many witnesses. And now the family name, and the royal family would forever be tarnished and no-more. He looked up at his daughter with teary eyes and saw the fear in Avery's eyes. She turned her head knowing someone was watching her but he quickly turned away.

Avery was more confused than anyone. She was being dragged to the stake, yet the real criminal was standing before them. Avery watched as guards slowly started to surround Argon but he just danced and celebrated and laughed. Avery cursed under her breath. This was supposed to be a happy day. She'd left Enchanted and all of its troubles behind the day she was banished but in one day and in a short amount of time, it had all come back to haunt her. 

Avery looked to her right and saw Troy, fighting to break from the ropes. He looked agitated and very angry. Next to him was Olivia who looked so vulnerable in her wedding dress.  She was in tears as this was her day but it had been ruined because of Avery's dark secret. Right next to Avery was Marigold. She seemed calm and was fighting or rebelling but still cool and collected. Avery sighed and wished she could have the same attitude as her. On Avery's left was Alex. He seemed really calm but Avery could see the frustration on his face. Avery just gazed at him and he noticed her. He turned his head to her and smiled making Avery smile back. 

"I didn't want it to end like this..." Alex's voice trailed as Avery followed his gaze to the floor.

"Me either," Avery said feeling slightly light-headed.

"So do something."

"What can I do, Alex? I'm a princess, crown princess if you prefer. I'm next in line to the Carcassone throne and I've done the most unimaginable and scandalous thing ever. I'm a witch in the eyes of everyone here and they all saw it. So no matter what I say or do, they'll never believe me..." Avery's voice trailed off as she noticed the Viscount arrive with the pope. They had the bible with them and fire on a plank of wood. Avery heard Alex laugh.

"Why is this whole situation so funny?" Avery said slightly annoyed at him.

"This might be the last time I see you so I wasn't sure whether I should tell you know or later," Alex said with a smile.

"Well, Alex. We're about to be burnt at the stake, so I think now would be a good time," Avery said slightly bemused by his comment. 

The wood bundle beneath the guilty party was set alight and slowly the fire started to burn. Avery felt the heat on her legs and she looked over at Alex who was staring at her.

"Avery, I'm in love with you and I have been ever since I first saw you. I tried to keep my feelings a secret but it didn't work because I've slowly pushed you away. I hated Dylan when I found out he was your soul-mate and I hated my self for falling in love with a mated fairy. But Avery, now is the end for us and I'd thought I'd let you know..." Alex's voice slowly trailed off as the fire roared loudly around them. Avery just stared at him, eyes wide open. She didn't know how to reply to that. She looked away from him and heard him let out a laugh.

"If this were Enchanted, you'd be all over me right now," Alex said and Avery laughed too.

"If this were Enchanted, we wouldn't be here right now. We'd be finding or fighting a way out," Avery said smiling. Alex stopped smiling when it hit him. Avery noticed his expression and frowned in curiosity. "Alex, what is it?"

"How could have I not guessed this before?" Alex murmured to himself and Avery just stood there, confused. Alex muttered a few more words to himself before looking up, over the growing fire.

"Taki-yati, heryiti," Alex shouted over the fire and Avery just stared at him. Avery looked away and just waited for her life to end. The fore was reaching them much quicker and Avery closed her eyes and said a prayer.

The galloping noise of horses made Avery open her eyes. She looked over the fire and saw all of the horses arranged for the wedding ceremony and more, galloping towards them. Avery turned her head to Alex who was smiling and cheering.

"What just happened?" Avery cried in surprise.

"Our fairy abilities work here. That was how you put up that force-field before and Marigold and Troy turned this place look like this," Alex said as the villagers fought off the horses. Avery smiled knowing what would happen next. She noticed Argon's face of disappointment and anger.

The horses ran straight over to the burning stakes and kicked out the fire. After most of it was gone, they gnawed through the ropes keeping Avery and the others in the stakes. They broke free as much as they could and Troy said a spell that made water magically fall on the dying fire. Alex kissed the horses and they galloped off again. Marigold fixed herself and helped Olivia down. Now the five of them, including Olivia stood before Argon, ready for his next attack. Avery heard the pope and the viscount shout on her left 'Get them!', But Avery concentrated on what she wanted. Throwing her hand, suddenly to the left, the viscount and pope became trapped in purple glowing dungeon cell. Alex, Marigold and Troy cheered Avery and slowly all of the guards started to back away, so only Avery and her companions and Argon and his minions stood, ready for the next attack. 

Argon laughed and Avery smiled.

"A battle-strategy fairy? I thought they were really rare. Oh well, I killed one before, and I'm going to do it again!" Argon said as he held out his spear. Avery gasped and prepared herself for what might happen next. She closed her eyes and concentrated on a sword and a shield. Opening them again, Avery looked down at her hands, satisfied. A majestic platinum sword stood tall and proud in one hand and a jewel-encrusted shield stood in her hand.

Avery prepared herself as Argon's spear flew towards her. It just missed Avery's head as she dodged it, and smashed it back to Argon. It flew with so much power, Argon failed to catch it. Instead it pierced through one of his minions who caught fire and burnt away quickly. 

Avery smiled, and held her sword ready for his next attack. Argon stared at where one of his minions stood, just a mere seconds ago and then clenched his fists. He shook his head and turned his head back to Avery, who stood gloating over her good deed. 

Avery stared back at Argon, intimidatingly but she noticed his eyes flash from brown to full black and then she saw little fire flames in them. Avery stepped back slightly and leaned towards Marigold, not leaving her stare on Argon. 

"Is that normal?" Avery asked and she felt Marigold shake her head.

"No. That means he's really angry and..." Marigold's voice trailed off as the earth suddenly started to shake. Everyone fell but caught their balances on various objects, 

"...And? And what?" Avery cried over the quaking ground. 

Slowly the earth started to move and split into two. Troy ran to where the earth was splitting and a green light flashed out of him. Avery noticed her was trying to seal the cracks up but it was no use. They got deeper and deeper and Marigold zapped her finger at Troy, and pulled him back.

"It's no use dear! His power is too strong! And Avery..." Marigold turned her head to Avery and Avery looked at her this time. "...He's rising his army. The army of the Underworld. He's done it before and he killed the King of Enchanted. This army is all too powerful for us fairies to take on and definitely too powerful for you mere mortals too. In other words, if we don't do something, we're all dead..." Marigold's loud voice trailed off when a loud ringing nose filled the air. Avery dropped the sword and shield and threw her hands on her ears. She tightened the hold but it was no use as the ringing nose still echoed in her head, causing pain. Avery screamed and huddled into a ball.

The pain was too much and she knew this was the end for her. She hugged herself, still blocking her ears as the ringing noise got louder and louder. 'This is it', Avery thought. This was her kingdom and she wasn't having anyone ruin it.

Avery pulled her hands away from her ears and the pain burnt through her head. Avery moaned in pain and slowly started to get up. The pain was getting too much and she felt her nose bleed. The power and sound wave was coming from the crack and everyone was slowly getting pushed back. Avery fought against the strong wave, which took a lot of energy. She screamed one more time as she noticed her parents huddled, protected by guards who were in pain themselves, but their beloved king and queen were more important then themselves. Avery felt tears fall down her face and and turned her head to face Argon. He looked happy, soaking in all the misery of everyone around him. Avery closed her eyes and imagined it would end. 

A sudden impulse plummeted through the air and sent Argon and all of his minions flying. Avery fell, due to the impact. She felt Marigold's arms around her, helping her up and Avery felt too weak. She was going to lose and there was nothing she could do about it. Avery got up with help from Alex as well and she felt so dizzy. Standing as firmly as possible, Avery looked at Marigold and saw the concern in her face.

"Why does Argon look so...powerful?" Avery shouted over the loud noses of shouts and screams. 

"Argon become more and more powerful when other people are miserable. It's how he works and that's why he made that ringing noise, he knew it would cause pain and he feeds off it," Marigold shouted over the noises. A loud growl made everyone run until only Henrietta and Captain Kevin, the pope, the viscount and his family, some guards and villagers and The King and Queen remained, awaiting the fate of the supernatural beings before them.

Avery stood strong and as Argon gathered his energy, slaying stranded villagers and guards. Avery cried for them but stayed strong, she couldn't risk losing. Argon stared at Avery with daggers as eyes and he now had a new spear, this time covered in fire.

"You think you can beat me? You take away what is important to me, I'll do it to you," Argon's voice bellowed as he turned is head. Avery followed his gaze and her eyes opened in shock when she realized what he was looking at. Argon stretched out his arm and he took hold of Queen Arielle.

"Mother!" Avery shouted, tears streamed down her face as Argon threw her over his shoulder. Avery ran forward but was stopped by Alex and Troy. Avery fought to break free from their grasp but they were too strong. King Anton drew his sword to defend and fight for his wife as did the other guards but slowly, all of the guards were wiped away with Argon's sword and Anton was also taken hostage. Argon let out an evil cackle when he saw how helpless Avery looked. He smiled a wicked smile and held up his sword.

"No!" Avery shouted and a light impulse from Avery sent Troy and Alex flying to the floor. Avery marched forward when Argon stared at her, she held up her hand and let out a purple light. It burnt Argon. He fell to the floor in pain and dropped the King and Queen who quickly scurried away to safety. Avery marched closer to him and threw another light bolt at him. 

Slowly, Avery made Argon weaker and weaker and each time Avery was losing her humanity more and more.

"Stop her!" Avery heard Marigold shout and Avery turned her attention away from Argon and sent a light bolt towards the other fairies. They dodged the light bolt and ran to Avery. Alex took hold of her hands as she fought for her to stop.

"Avery! Please stop! I know you want to kill Argon but this is not the way to do it. It's too much power for you, you're not ready! You'll lose your humanity, I can't have that," Alex's voice went quieter and Avery slowly stopped fighting Alex's grip. She stared at him in the eye and her tense muscles, relaxed. She breathed deeply and nodded her head smiling. Alex kissed her forehead and hugged her. 

Argon's evil laugh echoed around them and Alex and Avery broke off their embrace, backing away, when they noticed Argon had regained his energy and strength.

"So, I see now. The princess is in love, with non-other than my squire? This is a twist if events, isn't it?" Argon said as Alex stood in front of Avery, protecting her.

"She loves me, yes but only as a friend. I was the stupid one to fall for her, but I'm not stupid to know that she means the world to me, whether she feels the same or not. She is my best friend and I will protect her at all means. I already told you that," Alex's own voice bellowed and Argon tilted his head at him. Avery frowned at Alex's last words and then saw the guilt on his face. Argon laughed before pointing his fire spear right in Alex's face.

"Well, then if you won't let me get to her, then I'll have to do something with you, traitor," Argon's voice was quiet but Avery heard his intimidation. Alex stared at Argon long and hard, refusing to break eye contact.

"Yes, I am. But not to you. It's time to come clean..." Alex said as he removed Avery's hold on him. He turned to face the princess, who had a look of confusion on him. "Avery...it was me. I was the one that was telling Argon everything he had to know about you. I didn't want to, I really didn't. He would take over my body, which is why every night, I would leave your room. I'm so sorry..." Avery stared at Argon and then at Alex and then slowly backed away shaking her head. Alex slowly walked to her but she continued to back away until he caught up to her, taking her hand. Avery pushed him away, tears falling faster than ever.

"You betrayed me? You were working for Argon this whole time?" Avery shouted at Alex, still crying

"Yes, but it was to protect you!" Alex said defensively.

"Protect me? You betrayed me! You were the one that gave him that information on me, not Dennis. Olivia did nothing wrong, and I was angry with her, but I should've been angry with you!" Avery stopped walking and just stared at Alex with a livid expression.

"No, Dennis was at fault here, as well. When I didn't give Argon anything on you, that's when he hired Dennis. When I got arrested and thrown in your dungeon, that was when Dennis came. Avery, if I didn't do this, you would have died. You would never have survived those injuries you got when Dylan was attacked! Argon has been playing you. Mind-tricks, you never had those injuries because I saved you! I didn't let him kill Dylan, which is why you survived, because I was the one that bounded you too. You and Dylan, you're not soul-mates, " Alex said as he stopped right in front of Avery.

"No!" Avery screamed as she slapped Alex across the face, with so much power and anger. Avery heard, Marigold, Troy and Olivia gasp at her anger.

"Avery please listen to me!" Alex said desperately. He reached for her but Avery slapped his hands back down and pointed her index finger at him.

"How dare you? I can't believe you'd do this to me after everything we've been through! After everything I've said to you in confidence, you do this to me? And not only that, you lie to me? If you were working for him, why were you working for me? What was it, like a disguise thing? I wouldn't be surprise if your fate was just like Edith and Dennis's as you deserve it, you traitor. I hate you!" Avery cried. She saw the sorry on Alex's face but pushed him away and walked in tears to where, Marigold, Troy and Olivia stood. 

"Avery... I had to bind you and Dylan together to save you. You couldn't get a soul-mate because you're not a fairy, so forget everything that Dylan said! Avery... I saved your life!" Alex cried and Avery pushed him away, and Troy stood in front of them. 

"I think you should just go," Olivia replied bitterly as she comforted Avery. She glared at Alex and he looked down, in disappointment and walked away.

"Doesn't matter Alex, you can just join my team again," Argon said in a sympathetic/evil-like way. Alex clenched his fists as Argon mocked and intimidated him. Alex grabbed the sword that lay on the floor before him and thrust towards Argon. It pierced him in his heart and everyone stood, gob-smacked. Alex twisted the sword before letting it go. Argon clenched his heart as he slowly dropped to the floor, in pain.

"Like you said Argon, you take away everything important to everyone else, I'll take away what is important to you, your life," Alex spoke intimidatingly to him before balancing the sword on his shoulder and watching him burn and disintegrate before him. Alex watched his ex-master disappear, and turn into ash. 

Alex, satisfied threw the sword to the side and called for a horse. It arrived, galloping majestically and Alex jumped on. 

"Where are you going?" Marigold was the first to speak after the death of Argon. She sounded shaken up and scared but still seemed proud.

"I'm going back to Enchanted, tell them you've been found and Argon has been killed so everything can go back to normal," Alex said as he turned his horse around. Before he whipped the reins, a cackling laugh came from behind him. Gasps and screams made Alex slowly turn around. His eyes opened wit shock as Argon stood there, leaning on his spear. He looked stronger and more powerful, and there was no scars or marks anywhere.

"A better explanation would be to say you failed and you're a traitor, once again," Argon said smiling. Alex jumped off the horse and grabbed the sword again. He heard Marigold, Troy, Olivia and Avery ran and stand next to him. 

"He just won't die, will he?" Alex heard Olivia's timid voice and Argon laughed.

"I like her very much! I'm happy she's marrying my son, not this promiscuous princess," Argon said as he pointed his spear at Olivia and then Avery. Avery gasped at his inappropriate words. 

"Yes, well how could he be your son? He's too generous and not some psychotic, death-obsessed war-lord!" Olivia said with so much confidence and Alex had realised she'd removed her veil. Her white dress was no longer white, more a dirty grey and Olivia looked livid. Alex wasn't surprised, this was her wedding day.

Argon chuckled before he turned his attention back to Olivia.

"Yes, well he was raised by his mother," Argon struck his spear at Marigold and a fire flame flew out of it. Marigold put her hands quickly and a water shield appeared.

"Never too slow, sweet Marigold. You haven't changed and I've obviously trained you well. Come back to me," Argon spoke seductively and Marigold dropped her hands. Water fell and splashed everywhere, as Marigold stared right at Argon with eyes of desire. Avery took old of the Duchess and shook her.

"Marigold! Stop it! He's playing with you and taking advantage. Don't give into him," Avery said as she shook the duchess vigorously. Marigold shook her head as Avery stopped shaking her.

"You're right. I won't give into you Argon, not again!" Marigold shouted at the war-lord and Troy stood in front of his mother.

"You harm my mother, and you harm me, remember that?" Troy said and Argon backed away suddenly. Avery watched this and recorded it into her head, before focusing on the real situation. 

"Yes, well, I don't have to hurt you to make your mother and friends pay for what they've done to my minions and my reputation," Argon said he raised his hands. As a reflex, all of the supernatural beings, including Olivia, put out their hands with either glowing energy or swords.

A flash of lightening struck the ground and slowly, deceased and decomposing people crept out. Avery screamed at the smell and the horror as did Olivia. and slowly they started to back Avery and the other's to the edge of the cliff. The ones that were really fast fast, were slashed with magic or swords but they were dead, they couldn't die again. It just slowed the down, but it only made more come.

"We have to do something. There's too much to stop," Avery shouted over the groaning and moaning of the dead corpses before them. Avery noticed Marigold turn her head and Avery did too. They were nearing the edge of the cliff and eventually they'd fall. 

"Remember how I said, there was another way to Enchanted?" Marigold asked Avery as she slashed a walking corpse. Avery nodded as she dodged a corpses attack. 

"Well, we have to jump into the sea. Once in there, you, me, Alex and Troy will become our mer-creatures. As for Olivia, Troy will deal with her but we have to imagine the underwater kingdom and we'll be there, you have been there right?" Marigold said out of breath as she pushed a corpse onto another one. Avery nodded, slowly remembering her moments with Dylan there.

"So that's it? We jump to our deaths?" Avery shouted over the loud groans and moans.

"The cliff is not that high and we'll be fine!" Marigold said as the corpse stole her sword. Avery noticed there were many walking corpses and all were getting more violent.

"But, I've been banished from Enchanted, will I be allowed back?" Avery shouted in concern.

"Of course! You've done what you were supposed to so Clarissa will be thrilled and will forget all about it!" Marigold said as she physically attacked a corpse. She stopped and turned to face Avery. "Are you sure you want to go back?" 

Avery looked at the corpses before her and then back at Marigold. Going back would mean having to face Dylan after everything they'd been through and even after everything Alex has said. Going back would mean facing her fears and proving her innocence as well as defending everyone from Argon's next move. Avery closed her eyes, feeling tears coming she nodded slowly.

"Yes!"

Marigold smiled at her and the corpses made them reach the edge of the cliff. They all took hold hands, knowing what was coming. Avery reached for Alex's hand but he pulled it away.

"Alex? Come on, we're going back!" Avery said excitedly and noticed Alex's expression of disappointment.

"Alex?"

"Good-bye Avery," Alex said so timidly. Avery frowned and pulled her hand from Marigold's grip. She turned her head to the corpses before them and noticed some of them had gotten and killed some guards and villagers. Avery's eyes opened wide and she felt tears running down her face suddenly.

"No! Alex! No! Please don't do this!" Avery said crying and Alex turned to face her.

"I betrayed you, remember? I made a promise I would help you till the end and this is it! We've found and completed the quest so I have no use for you or anyone back in Enchanted. Please understand..." Alex's voice trailed off as he noticed Avery's tears coming out faster and quicker. He looked down and noticed they were a short foot from the edge of the cliff. He knew Avery wouldn't go without him so he'd have to force her, literally.

"I won't allow this Alex! Please, I won't have you stay behind. I'm sorry for everything I've said to you so please come with me!" Avery cried out and Alex stroked her face with the back of his hand.

"The only way you all will have a chance of going, is if I stay behind and give myself in. I'll be killed either way, staying here or going back. I don't deserve compassion and sympathy, I'm a traitor, but I did everything to protect you, Avery, I promise..." Alex said slowly and sadly. Avery shook her head and hadn't realized the corpses had been stopped when Troy had conjured up some vine seeds and thrown them, growing instantly and trapping and tangling the corpses in.

"Avery we've got to go!" Marigold shouted as the corpses started to break free.

"Alex please?" Avery begged and Alex shook his head. 

"They're waiting for you," Alex said as he nudged his head towards where the other's stood. Avery turned her head and noticed that they were so close to the edge of the cliff. The crisp, cold wind was blowing everywhere and Avery knew this was the end. She turned her head back to Alex's. He looked distracted and Avery was about to walk away, but she knew this would be that last time she'd see him so it was only right to give him what he's wanted. 

Avery grabbed Alex's head and kissed him long and hard. It was passionate and she felt Alex's hands go onto her waist, holding her tightly as he kissed her back. She heard Olivia scream and slowly Alex walked her back, not breaking the kiss. 

Avery was completely lost in the moment until suddenly the weight of Alex's hands had transferred to her shoulders. He broke off the kiss, his head so close to hers.

"I love you Avery, forever and always..." He whispered as he pushed Avery over the edge. 

Avery screamed as she fell and looking up, she noticed the corpses had taken Alex's body.

"I love you too Alex," Avery whispered to herself, in tears as she fell to into the cold, salty sea water.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 594 31
HEIR OF THE ENCHANTED FOREST MASTER OF MAGIC ********************************** ISABELL AVERY a girl with a flame burning inside. She's the girl wit...
7.2M 591K 72
He was the prince who got away. He had it all - power, fame, glory, honor. (Did I mention the unlimited supply of money, alcohol and women?) Yet...
593K 20.5K 31
Princess Eva is a hopeless romantic and has always dreamed of falling in love. The problem is, in the royal family marriages are always arranged for...
39K 1.7K 12
Five immortal males. One heir to the Glass Throne. One huge secret. It should have been as simple as Kira laying low and not drawing attention to h...