Chapter 25 - Celebrations

CHAPTER 25 - CELEBRATIONS

************************************************************************************************************

Dylan woke to the loud voices of his mother, his aunt and his cousin. They were talking very loudly and turning his head, he saw that it was light outside. A knock on the door made Dylan prop himself up on his elbows and his mother walked in, followed by Troy and Marigold. Dylan frowned and threw his legs over the edge of the bed.

"I need to put a lock on that door," Dylan muttered and his mother just laughed sarcastically.

"Dylan, we've come to ask what you would like for there to be at the celebrations tonight. Anything in particular? Maybe some folk music or how about your favourite food?" Clarissa smiled and Dylan just stood up and ran a hand through his hair.

"And since when was this celebration about me?" Dylan yawned and his mother swatted him in the back of his head.

"This is as much about you as it is for anyone. Remember, last night would've been your wedding night and yesterday, your wedding. As everything was given to the animals yesterday, I want to know if their are any special requirements," Clarissa said as she walked around the mess of Dylan's room. She pointed her finger at his clothes that were lying on the floor, and threw them in the wardrobe. Dylan just stood, wide-eyed, watching his mother clean his room.

"So, do you want anything?" Clarissa repeated for a final time. and Dylan just shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know. Maybe whatever we had yesterday, we could have again," Dylan said as he walked over to the dresser. He pulled out a towel and threw it over his shoulder. Clarissa smiled and clapped her hands in glee.

"Yes, I guess that would make things easier. Okay, its settled. But I must go ask Avery if there is anything she wants. Have you seen her?" Clarissa remarked, raising an eyebrow. Dylan just shook his head.

"Mother, I just woke up. Why would you think I've seen her. She could either be in her own room or Olivia's," Dylan said as he grabbed some clothes from his wardrobe.

"Good. I'll go see her and you get ready for breakfast. Oh and yes, Dylan, please keep this place clean," Clarissa said as she eyed the clean floor and Dylan. She marched out of the room with Marigold not far behind and then when she was gone Dylan started to laugh.

"What's so funny?" Troy also laughed.

"Just Mother. She's going to kill me one day," Dylan said as he composed himself. Troy cleared his throat as Dylan headed out of the room.

"Dylan, I need to speak with you," Troy declared and Dylan stopped. He turned to face his cousin and saw the frustration on his face.

"Uhm...Okay..." Dylan said as he let the door go.

"Not now, after you've showered and look more like royalty rather than a mutt," Troy joked and Dylan glared at him. He smiled at his cousin and headed for the bathroom.

***

Troy was waiting for him when he returned. Dylan was drying his hair as he entered the room. His presence made Troy jump as he shot up instantly. Dylan threw the wet towel onto the coal burner and closed the door, before facing his cousin again.

"So, what do you need to talk to me about?" Dylan said as he walked over to the sitting area. Troy followed him and sat opposite him.

Enchantedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें