Chapter 19 - Letting Go and Looking Forward

CHAPTER 19 - LETTING GO AND LOOKING FORWARD

************************************************************************************************************

Avery stared at Alex long and hard as his words had hit her like a tonne of bricks. She was still digesting his words as they still lingered in front of her, having just escaped his mouth.

"What?" Avery eventually said. Alex let out a deep breath to speak again but Avery placed a hand on his mouth to stop him. Duke Destrey was Argon? How did he know this?

"Alex, I have no time for your jokes! How do you know this?" Avery said as she slowly let her hand drop. Alex looked at her, deep in the eyes before he spoke again. 

"Not here, somewhere more private or quiet..." Alex whispered as his voice trailed off when Avery nodded with agreement. Avery turned around to face Olivia who stood behind them, perplexed.

"Olivia, I promise I will come and see you tomorrow but there is something I must do," Avery assured as she held her friend's hand. Olivia looked over at Alex and nodded her head, looking back at Avery. The two friends hugged and Olivia walked back to her bedroom. Avery faced Alex again and took the lead to her bedroom. 

Upon arriving, Avery quickly closed and locked the door and leaned against it closing her eyes. She opened them and looked at Alex, and slowly walked over to him.

"Alex, how do you know Duke Destrey is Argon?" Avery said calmly despite all of the anger building and boiling within her. 

"I just worked it out now but I could be wrong..." Alex said as she rubbed his chin. Avery put a finger to his mouth and shook her head.

"Just tell me!" Avery demanded and Alex let out a deep breath.

"Okay, well I've worked for Argon and he doesn't like when his people turn against him, to work for someone else but in my case, I was told to go to land and work for Duke Destrey. I knew I should've seen it before but they both looked so similar. I thought it was because I spent a lot of time with Argon but I was wrong. Duke Destrey and Argon are working on the same side, both want to destroy you and Enchanted but the thing is, only one of them will reign supreme. They had everyone in Enchanted convinced on that fact but the truth is Argon is Destrey. Argon banished me when I failed to kill you, so he let me get caught but Destrey didn't actually come for me or defend me. This obviously pointed out that either he wasn't bothered or they're both the same person..." Alex was interrupted by Avery's sudden out-burst,

"But why on Earth would Argon need to be in disguise on Earth? No-one has seen him before!" 

"I know, but believe it or not, fairies are alive in the real world. Who do you think changes thye seasons? And the weather? Or when you find something you thought you had lost?" Alex said. The whole time Alex spoke, he noticed Avery's expression drop lower and lower.

"But Dylan said there wasn't any! Fairies cannot be in my world!"

"I know but they don't live here, they just do their jobs and then leave again, but even then, they would know what Argon looks like."

"Alex, this is bad! If Destrey is Argon, I'll never survive! I cannot return to Enchanted to hide-out and Destrey will attack soon. This is a disaster!" Avery felt tears coming but she bit her lip to prevent them from falling. The princess walked over to her bed and fell onto it, face first. She groaned really loudly into the pillow as her head started to hurt with all of her thoughts.