Chapter 23 - Reunited

CHAPTER 23 - REUNITED

************************************************************************************************************

The water enclosed around her. Looking around Avery noticed, that Marigold, Troy and Olivia were no-where to be seen so closing her eyes, she imagined herself at the underwater kingdom. Opening them, her imagination came true.

Avery looked down at her self and saw she'd become a mermaid. Looking over to the others, she saw Marigold had a lovely sheer blue tail and Troy had a forest green tail. Next to him, floated Olivia who now had lost her wedding dress but was also a mermaid. Her tail was white and she had on a pearl necklace. Avery swam to where her friend was panicking. She took hold of her hands to calm her down.

"Olivia! Please calm down! We are safe," Avery said to Olivia through mind link. Olivia stared at, long and hard before she replied.

"I will believe anything you say to me from now on, I promise! But Avery, I cannot swim!" Olivia's voice sounded panicky and Avery smiled.

"Neither could I. But a mermaid knows how to swim naturally so you'll be okay. Come, I'll show you," Olivia heard Avery's voice say in her head. Avery backed away and floated next to Olivia. Avery placed both of her hands in front of her, on on top of each other. Olivia followed and Avery then pulled her tail up and then flapped it. Olivia followed but it failed when she started to sink again. Avery quickly swam to her and grabbed, her, pulling her back.

"Olivia, you have to go with the flow. If your arms go up, your tail goes down," Avery said and Olivia nodded. Olivia tried again and slowly she started to swim. Avery opened her mouth in shock and smiled at her friend.

"Avery! I'm doing it!" Olivia said with glee and Avery clapped her hands. Avery swam to her best friend and the two of them swam together for awhile before Marigold swam over to them with a concerned face.

"Avery, we've got a problem..." Marigold's voice trailed off in Avery and Olivia's heads making both friends look at each other with concern before looking back at the duchess.

"What is it?" Avery said as she swam closer to the duchess. 

"Argon's underworld army will be coming. They'll come and attack us soon. I don't know when to be sure but I know that it can be anytime so we must flee to the main kingdom and inform them. For all we know, his army could already be there..." Marigold's voice trailed off in Avery's head as her eyes grew wider and wider. 

"Then we must go, quickly," Avery said. Troy and Marigold nodded their head's in acceptance and Avery put out her hand for Olivia to take before the four of them swam to the mainland.

A sudden shock wave made the water vibrate and lose control. Avery and Olivia lost their grip and fell to different sides.

"Olivia!" Avery shouted through her mind-link but she couldn't hear Olivia's response. Avery regained her composure and started to swim in the direction that Olivia had disappeared but was stopped by Troy.

"Avery, no! I'll go look for her, you stay with mother," Troy said as he restrained her. Avery reluctantly nodded and swam back to where Marigold floated. She was working something out.

"Is everything okay?" Avery said as she got closer to the duchess.

"No! According to my knowledge, there shouldn't have been an earthquake! So it only means one thing..." Marigold's voice trailed off as she slowly swam away from Avery.