Chapter 16 - Traitor

CHAPTER 16 - TRAITOR

************************************************************************************************************

For the first time ever since returning to Enchanted, Avery woke up with a smile. She stared at the high ceiling from her bed as she recalled all the events of the previous day; from her battle training to her archery practise, to her powers coming through and her intimate moment with Dylan. Remembering how heated the moment was, Avery blushed and hid under her covers, giggling to herself. She was over the moon, nothing could ruin her happiness. She jumped up and stretched, her wings flew out of her back and she walked over to the wardrobe. Avery scanned and dragged her hands over all of the pretty dresses in her wardrobe, all in the similar colours of purple and turquoise but each one different. The one that caught Avery's eye was different, making it perfect for how she was feeling. Taking it out, Avery admired the soft chiffon fabric and undressed to try it on. The dress was lovely and it fitted and hugged all of Avery's curves. She loved the way the fabric felt on her skin, cold but light. The low dipped skirt from the back and the shorter dip from the front showed off Avery's legs, something she wasn't normally comfortable with, but Dylan made her feel beautiful.

Admiring herself one more time, Avery quickly fixed her hair and her make-up and made her way quickly out of her room to breakfast. Avery wasn't watching where she was going and she banged into something, or someone. 

"Hey! Avery!" Dylan called out as he fell down and Avery landed on top of him. Avery let out a little scream as she fell and noticed Dylan under her.

"Dylan! I'm so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going and then, well this happened..." Avery's voice trailed off when she noticed Dylan was laughing.

"Its okay, Avery, really, I'm not hurt and neither are you but next time, be careful," Dylan pulled himself together as he spoke and Avery smiled at his kindness. Dylan's hands were on her hips, a sign that he was pushing her off or he wanted her too stay. Avery looked longingly at Dylan who had sat up and was so close to her face. Was he really going to kiss her? A dark shadow cast over Dylan and Avery flung herself back quickly falling off Dylan's lap and banging into the open door of her bedroom.

"Ow!" Avery cried out and Dylan laughed again. He got up and walked over to the princess, offering his hand. She took it, still rubbing her head and he pulled her up and into his arms. He held her close and tight and she felt her cheeks burn with desire. Biting her lip, Dylan felt tempted to lean in and claim her lips. Someone behind him cleared their throat.

"Dylan. Princess. Breakfast is ready in the dining room if you're hungry, and Dylan..." Raphael turned his head towards the prince, ..."Your mother would like to speak with you." Raphael continued walking down the hallway and Dylan and Avery watched him go. When he was out of sight, the young royals laughed quietly of the moment. Dylan quickly claimed Avery's lips, before sliding his hands down her shoulders and into her hands, and led her to the dining room. 

***

Their embrace was sadly cut off upon entering the dining room. Already, the Baron Erhard, Selenita, Alex, Clarissa and Raphael waited for their arrival. Avery took her seat next to Alex who smiled at her and Dylan took his seat next to his mother. Breakfast was already laid out in the contents of fruit, vegetables, eggs and bread and warm spiced wine and tea for a drink. Everyone tucked into the breakfast feast and Avery and Dylan smiled at each from opposite sides of the table. Avery was extremely happy and she didn't want to return. Her time wasn't over and she was delighted Clarissa let her stay for a few more days. Things would get better, Avery said to herself, and hopefully she and Dylan could confess their love for each other to the queen and everything would be a lot easier, less sneaking around. Breakfast flew by and slowly everyone rose and left the dining room to get on with the daily routines. Avery rose and left the dining room only to be grabbed by Alex from behind. Alex hugged her and came to the side of her where she looped her arm through his.