Chapter 20 - Wedding Bells

CHAPTER 20 - WEDDING BELLS

************************************************************************************************************

Dylan was awoken by his mother who was standing at the end of his bed, smiling. His eyes opened wide as his mother's expression made him creeped him out.

"What are you doing here mother?" Dylan said as he pulled the blanket over him. Clarissa's smile dropped and she used her magic to pull the blanket off Dylan. He groaned, realizing now, he had to get up. He reluctantly sat up and through squinted eyes, saw why his mother was in his room, so early. His eyes opened wide when he saw his black suit. It was there, on a mannequin and it had on all of his respective badges from years of training. It had a red sash on it and a formal hat. He jumped up and scanned the suit frowning but then his eyes opened wide when he remembered what today was, his wedding day. 

"Come, sweetie! The ceremony starts in the afternoon and you don't want to be late..." Clarissa said as she clapped her hands, meaning for him to hurry up. Clarissa walked out of his room and he stood, there gob-smacked. This is actually happening, he was getting married and there was no turning back now...

***

Walking out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and another around his neck, Dylan turned his attention to the suit before him. He'd have to put it on eventually and when he did, he'd officially become the groom.

Dylan used his neck towel to dry his hair and headed for the window. His window looked out to the main kingdom and he could see the whole kingdom was done up for his wedding. All of the fairies were helping out and then he turned his attention to the waterfall and the lake that lay below it. An arch-way decorated in roses of white and red stood tall and proud before a table with candles, a floral arrangement and a sword; the altar for the wedding.

Dylan sighed as he still took in his surroundings. He closed his eyes, hoping it was all a dream, that he'd wake up and it would still be the day before, but he was disappointed when he opened his eyes and everything was still the same. Dylan let out a shaky breath, as he walked over to his suit. Now, he had to put it on.

He dried his hair as much as possible before he removed his waist towel, put on some undergarments and then dressed in his suit. He checked himself out in the mirror several times, adjusting his many medals and badges of honour and respect. He put on his shoes and stared at himself for a long time. And then the painting next to his mirror, caught his attention. It was one of his father, and he was wearing his formal suit. It was similar to Dylan's' but in red. He had all of his badges and medals and he had on his hat. Clarissa stood next to her new husband in a beautiful, lacy ivory dress, and her baby bump could be made out, the way the fabric fell on her body. Dylan smiled at the picture, Would he be as happy as them? He shook his head then realizing that they were soul-mates and you can only ever be that happy when you had your soul-mate next to you. He hugged the picture holding back tears.

"I love you and I miss you father," Dylan whispered to himself. He put the picture back and after looking in the mirror one last time he headed for the door. This would be the last time this room would be just his because in a few hours, he would share it with his new wife. Dylan sighed as he gently closed the door behind him.

***

Dylan walked down the grand stair case of the palace, all around him fairy guards and maids ran around, preparing for the banquet after the ceremony. Dylan held his hat as he flew to the closest guard.