Chapter 10 - The Princess and the Pauper

CHAPTER 10 - THE PRINCESS AND THE PAUPER

************************************************************************************************************

"Avery, someone is calling you," Avery heard a deep masculine voice say. She rubbed her eyes and opened them to see Alex standing next to her bed and his face right next to hers. She felt his warm breath on her and then when she realised what he had said, quickly jumped up and head-butted Alex. Both fell and started to rub their heads and after laughed about it. Avery then heard the knock on her door and quickly grabbed Alex and threw him into her wardrobe putting a finger to her mouth before closing the door. She jumped back onto her bed and called for Henrietta to come in.

"You're awake Princess! Good, there's some breakfast for you downstairs. Now, go and wash up while I clean up in here," Henrietta said as she handed Avery a towel and headed out of the room quickly. Avery made sure that Henrietta was gone and then she jumped to the Enchanted box on her window-sill and quickly drank a bit of the antidote before putting it back and heading out the room. 

Avery came back after bathing and saw that Henrietta was cleaning her room. Olivia came in and Avery gasped at her appearance. She was wearing a blue dress that had a plunging neck-line that showed off most of her cleavage. Henrietta's expression was just the same as Avery and both just stared at Olivia with surprise.

"What in heaven's name are you wearing?" Henrietta exclaimed and Avery saw that she was not impressed. 

"What's wrong with it? It's the latest fashion. Everyone is wearing it," Olivia said like it wasn't a problem.

"No. Only immoral women wear dresses like that. You live in the castle, you cannot be seen like that by the queen or king, so go change!" Henrietta practically screamed at Olivia but Olivia crossed her arms and headed to the door.

"Well, mother just so you know. I'm not royalty. I'm a commoner, you're a commoner, everyone in this castle is a commoner except for the royal family and there's only three of them. So don't tell me I'm royalty because I'm pretty damn sure I'm not and neither are you. And you know what, I'm happy I'm not royalty because if I was, I wouldn't live my life to my freewill!" Olivia shouted back. She marched out of the room and Henrietta just stood there very dismayed. Avery had her back to the argument but heard it all. How could Olivia say something like that to her mother? And why was she dressing like an immoral woman? Avery knew it had something to do with the mystery man that was in her room last night so she knew she had to investigate. 

"I'll go talk to her. Let me get you your clothes," Henrietta said rather quietly. Avery smiled and then remembered that Alex was in the wardrobe.

"No! I'll get them. You go talk to Olivia," Avery said quickly as she jumped in front of Henrietta. Henrietta looked at her with confusion and as she walked out of the room, Avery heard her say something to herself. Henrietta closed the door and Avery quickly turned around and opened the door. Alex fell out and landed on his back so Avery guessed he was leaning on the door. Avery laughed at him and took out a grey and silver dress. She also took out some grey shoes and placed her clothes on her bed. She went over to her vanity table and took out her pearl necklace and earrings and tiara. After everything was placed on her bed, she turned to face Alex again. 

"Get back in there!" Avery said pointing to the wardrobe. Alex looked at the wardrobe again and reluctantly climbed back in. He closed the door after him and Avery quickly got dressed. She put on a little make-up and fixed her hair before she pulled Alex out of the wardrobe. 

EnchantedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara