Chapter 6 - Going Back

CHAPTER - GOING BACK

************************************************************************************************************

Avery held her breath as she opened the box. She looked inside and, just like when she first found it, it was dark. Avery recalled every moment as it happened last time she had opened the box. After lifting the lid, she heard a cry, someone calling her name, only this time she didn't. Avery then remembered looking deeper and deeper into the box and then as if by magic she started to shrink. Avery tried this and just as she had planned she did start to shrink smaller and smaller. As she was shrinking Avery felt her back tingle, and the wings she had from her last visit appeared. As she landed in Enchanted, everybody stopped what they were doing. They remembered her, yes but she looked different. This time not only was Avery a fairy, but she looked like one. Her hair had fallen out of her high, smart bun and fell to loose curls down to her waist. There was glitter and even purple coloured hair in some places . Avery looked down at her clothes. A beautiful one shoulder purple and turquoise dress with flowers down the shoulder strap and a slit down the right hand side of the dress's skirt had replaced her rose coloured princess gown. Avery also realised that on her head was a tiara with amethysts, aquamarines and diamond gems. The dress was fitted at the waist but then was so loose and soft at the bottom, it felt like she had nothing on! It wasn't her usual attire as she always wore floor-length gowns that stopped her breathing and this dress being only past her knees made Avery feel beautiful, showing off her legs. Avery looked down at her feet and saw two strappy turquoise coloured shoes with a sophisticated heel decorated with blue and purple flowers. Avery felt amazing and she couldn't help but smile at herself.

After admiring herself and her new attire for a long time, a trumpet was blown almost scaring Avery. A fairy announced the arrival of the royal family and every fairy pulled themselves together and continued working. Some waited for the arrival so that they could curtsy and bow and finally Queen Clarissa arrived smiling down at her subjects. King Raphael and then Prince Dylan appeared, looking more ravishing then ever, and as he smiled at her, Avery blushed unintentionally. As the Queen came to ground, Avery turned her attention back to why she really came. Curtsying the queen who returned the favour to Avery while Dylan and Raphael bowed to show their respect.

"So Princess, I must say you are really looking like a princess now as well as a fairy" said Queen Clarissa as she nodded her head at approval. Avery didn't just look like a princess, she felt like one and she felt a smile come to her lips from the though and the compliment.

"So , what can we do for you?" The King said knowing that the queen was too dazed at Avery's appearance, to begin to continue.

"Your majesties and your highness..." Avery said she addressed the King and Queen and Prince Dylan with a smile. "...I have terrible news. News I believe you might or might not be disappointed in but I've come to tell you," Avery said, as her smile dropped. She felt like she was addressing her public but Avery felt safe here, which was no surprise considering everything going on in this world.

The Queen's smile dropped when she heard the seriousness in Avery's tone of voice. She knew that some thing was wrong, the instant she got the call that Avery had come to Enchanted. The queen looked at her subjects who were talking amongst themselves when Avery spoke. 

"Please, all of you get back to work. There is nothing to worry about," Clarissa assured the public. The fairies that had gathered reluctantly went back to work but still continued to talk.

Queen Clarissa nodded at Avery and the princess followed the Queen into the palace. She was taken into the throne room and Avery had to admit that the thrones were much better than her parents'. The Queen seated herself up high on a podium with King Raphael on the throne next to her and Prince Dylan stood next to his mother. Avery walked forward so she was just in front of them.